You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

how should i of played this hand at this stage or tourney

2»

Comments

• edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: how should i of played this hand at this stage or tourney:
    In Response to Re: how should i of played this hand at this stage or tourney : If the bb is competent I think you should be shoving with 100% of your opening range to balance your range.
    Posted by yb
    Doesn't it depend on stacks though? You cant open shove 25xbb, you can't raise/fold or call 4xbb......

So what I'm asking is where's the cut off on sky without antes?

So obv ur either shoving everything or raise - call/folding everything......

The range of hands you do it with is still gonna be the same, just the stack size is the variable....?
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: how should i of played this hand at this stage or tourney : Is that in general? or with this hand in this spot? KTo isn't strong enough to induce with right, unless the BB is insanely agro, and even then it's not strong enough??? Just as an aside, what size stack would you induce and raise/fold with in this spot on sky without antes? When does it go from raise-fold/raise-call, to just open shove iyo? What's the worst hand you would induce with against a competent BB in the above scenario, or even when folded you you in the BB?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

I don't raise call, but what I mean is, if that is Batkin's way of playing I can llive with it.

I wouldn't try and induce with any hand from a 10BB stack. If I start varying raise sizes, in relation to  hand strength, I may as well turn my cards face up.

• ybyb
    edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: how should i of played this hand at this stage or tourney : Doesn't it depend on stacks though? You cant open shove 25xbb, you can't raise/fold or call 4xbb...... So what I'm asking is where's the cut off on sky without antes? So obv ur either shoving everything or raise - call/folding everything...... The range of hands you do it with is still gonna be the same, just the stack size is the variable....?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    oh i thought you were asking what hands would you raise/call and what hands would you just open shove with 10bb's. When I'm on the button I normally start to raise/fold with like 14/15 bb's.
  • edited July 2011
    However in answer to the thread ....... You shouldn't call
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: how should i of played this hand at this stage or tourney : oh i thought you were asking what hands would you raise/call and what hands would you just open shove with 10bb's. When I'm on the button I normally start to raise/fold with like 14/15 bb's.
    Posted by yb
    Ok so if you have 14/15xbb, whats the worst hand you will raise/call off with against a competent big blind, if the BB has...

a)15xbb
    b)40xbb
    c)80+xbb

......?

Thats what I meant by raising to induce, raising with the intention of calling a shove....?

• edited July 2011
    shove pre. I dont think you can raise/fold with a K in your hand. I dont hate just raising a normal size though, especially if you havent shoved yet with this kind of stack
  • ybyb
    edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: how should i of played this hand at this stage or tourney : Ok so if you have 14/15xbb, whats the worst hand you will raise/call off with against a competent big blind, if the BB has... a)15xbb b)40xbb c)80+xbb ......? Thats what I meant by raising to induce, raising with the intention of calling a shove....?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    idk some reads would be nice, but assuming the BB is good then I'd have a calling range of something like 33+,A2+,KJo+,KTs+ to a 3bet shove assuming I minraised, but I don't play many tournies at all so this could be really bad. whenever I've played on sky though the blinds are normally pretty nitty so you could raise/fold something like A6o with 15bb's and feel pretty happy about it.