You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Analysis Please?

2»

Comments

• edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: Analysis Please?:
    ^^ Agreed about the whole "raise with KT, may aswell raise/fold any 2" - And if on the BTN/maybe CO I definititely wouldn't mind flatting instead of raising. One thing I notice is that a lot of players in the blinds will check with a lot of hands such as A9 and small pairs that will no doubt have shoved if you'd made a standard steal on the button. If you do hit the flop you're probably good most of the time. Also people don't like to fold TPWK or middle pairs when they hit a piece, so if you hit a better piece, you often get their stack.  Problem in our position is if we limp and there's 2 players in CO/BTN that are loose they might call as well and we're now OOP to one and possibly seeing the flop 4 way. At least with min-raising here, the CO/BTN should fold most of the time. Also our raise in this position is going to get respected more than if we were on the CO or BTN. I tend to balance my min-raising raise by min-raising hands I'm happy to call a shove (JJ+, AQ/AK) to and then these types of hands where if I would shove pre and get called I'm probably in bad shape. And then I balance my shoving hands with stuff like A9+, 22-tens, KQs with some suited connector stuff.  I used to be of the opinion that 10bbs is shoving territory with a widish range but I came to realise that in a lot of tournaments I'd be doing well, and then I'd shove with hands like KT with 10bbs and get called by a better hand and go out. The Sunday Roller which I won about 3 weeks ago was a perfect example of me trying a completely new strategy. I hand no hands for ages and was very short stacked for a large part of the tourney (I had 5k chips when the blinds were up to 250/500) but I kept making sure I was about 10bbs by playing the odd hand and avoiding putting my tourney life on the risk. When I did hit a hand I doubled up and from there I was able to go on to win it. All from a strategy of limping/min-raising a balanced range as opposed to just shoving with 10bbs with any 2 decent cards.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    I think overall once you get to a stage where your short relative to the average chip stack then you need to pick a hand you don't mind putting your tournament on and K10 is just not one of them.
    However you still have to find good spots to steal blinds to keep yourself above water.
    So from button/SB K10 becomes a nice blind stealer with a shove.

And yes I totaly agree whenever I have shoved with a K10 hand from a simliar postion I always get called by better and 9/10 I am out. I think if your shoving K10 from this postion then your desperate with 11BB's, maybe 7-9 BB's it's shovable but really out of desperation rarther than as a bluff. Once the blinds become over 20% of your stack then any two is shoveable so ......