You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes

Comments

• edited August 2012
    You haven't let anybody down Jonny. One of the hardest games you got and with the added pressure of trying to get a medal, glad it wasn't me :)
    Well played just unlucky tonight.
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes:
    TPT PRIVATE GAME Is now in the lobby and registration is open. Bounty Hunter set for 8th August @8p.m. I have sent all TPT members a P.M. with password. If I have missed anyone please P.M. me and I'll send PW by return.  As before each member who registers can invite one guest of their choice. Link here
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    Sorry Dagg am going away for a few days on the 6th so will miss it :(
  • edited August 2012
    £5 _ £100gtd bh

Jeffter1580001£55.30 + £35.36 Head Prizes7 
  • edited August 2012
    Small cash for the Captain 2K Bounty Hunter

POKERTREV013£14.40 + £11.25 Head Prizes1
  • edited August 2012
    WD kirb jeffter and trev nice cashes.Ul jonny i agree with what madmoo said good effort m8.
  • edited August 2012
    35 quid for first place in a 15 min timed
    think ill call it a day there and have a day off the tables ready for playing live on friday then my olympic event saturday :)
  • edited August 2012
    £500 BH 20.05 457 players finnished 7th for £13.71 and head prize of £11.05.
  • edited August 2012

steelrod023£1.91 + £0.94 Head Prizes1 

little 1 in b/h wd all on ya cashes,thanks for rail chubs,jj.

flash i agree with madmoo 2,wd m8 gd effort

gl all on the tables guys
  • edited August 2012
    Well done all on your cashes

9.30 BH

MRBURNS407£54.60 + £40.15 Head Prizes6
  • edited August 2012
    well done on cashes
    aint played much :((

2230 £750 gtd £11 bh

j3ono02£88.70 + £82.39 Head Prizes12
    gl guys
  • edited August 2012
    1. Archery 28th July 8.50pm £2.30 £500 GTD Bounty Hunter - Not Placed MRBURNS4 2. Swimming 4 x 100 29th July 7.00pm FREEROLL - GOLD JJJach, Bluedaz, FlashJonny, Waller02 3. Diving 4.55pm 30th July £1.10 Omaha Hi Lo - Not Placed JJJach 4. Artistic Gymnastics (Womens) 31st July 8.15pm £3.30 Mini Open - Bronze MADMOO 5. Cycling Time Trial 1st Aug 9.20pm £5.50 GTD Timed Tourny FlashJonny 6. Table Tennis 2nd Aug 7.20pm £4.40 £100GTD Heads Up Shuffle Tourny Steelrod 7. Badminton (Mixed Doubles) 3rd Aug 8.15pm £3.30 Mini Open MADMOO, FlyingDagg 8. Rowing 4th Aug 7.15pm £2.20 £150GTD Deepstack kirbsuk83 9. Athletics 100M Sprint 5th Aug 9.55pm £5.50 £200GTD Velocity J3ono 10.Triathlon 6th Aug Monday Night DTD1, DTD2 & DTD3 (£5.50 Total) Kirbsuk83, three33320, engy 11. Track Cycling Sprint 7th Aug 10.00pm £11.00 Thews at 10 POKERTREV 12. Athletics Hurdles 8th Aug 1.45pm £2.30 Bounty Hunter Kiwini4u 13. Beach Vollyball 9th Aug 2pm £3.30 £50GTD FlyingDagg, Kiwini4u 14. Open Water Swimming (10k Marathon) 10th Aug7.10pm £3.30 Orfordable Deepstack three33320 15. Boxing 11th Aug 8.45pm £4.40 Heads Up Shuffle K8LOU 16. Athletics Final (Marathon) 12th Aug 8.15pm £5.50 Mini Primo Waller02, MrBurns4, kirbsuk83 R eserves Jeffter, bluedaz Ok, thats it done and dusted, it's not been easy but I hope it suits everyone. Now get out there and BRING BACK GOLD - Good Luck
    Posted by POKERTREV
    Dam n no pressure only the blue ribbon event, Hope Usain is injured :))
  • edited August 2012
    well done on cashes aint played much :(( 2230 £750 gtd £11 bh j3ono 0 2 £88.70 + £82.39 Head Prizes 12 gl guys
    Posted by j3ono
    12 Heads!!!! Awsome!!! WD

Don't worry Jonny - I still Love Ye Man!!!!!

It Was a pretty tough event tbh. I played 3 of them last night and never cashed in a single one of them.

At least you didn't fall off and scratch ye bike!!
  • edited August 2012
    cheers for the kind words every 1 eased the pain a little bit but still rankles thank you all gl steel tonight wow 12 hp brill j30no that cheered me up a bit gl tonight back to my darkened room and leonard cohen now lol
  • edited August 2012
    tar trev and jonny

thoughts????
    945 bh 3RD HAND ON BUTTON have ak 4 flat calls, I 7x raise, 2 caller 944 flop and heres the rest......
    HOPE U ALL RUN THAT WELL, WAS IT MRB'S MISSUS???
    adw1984 Small blind  15.00 15.00 1835.00 geoff23 Big blind  30.00 45.00 2015.00   Your hole cards K A       blondie999 Call  30.00 75.00 1970.00 maccyc Call  30.00 105.00 2120.00 farqvmuc12 Call  30.00 135.00 1970.00 j3ono Raise  210.00 345.00 1745.00 adw1984 Call  195.00 540.00 1640.00 geoff23 Fold     blondie999 Call  180.00 720.00 1790.00 maccyc Fold     farqvmuc12 Fold     Flop    9 4 4       adw1984 Check     blondie999 Bet  360.00 1080.00 1430.00 j3ono Raise  720.00 1800.00 1025.00 adw1984 All-in  1640.00 3440.00 0.00 blondie999 Call  1280.00 4720.00 150.00 j3ono Call  920.00 5640.00 105.00 Turn    J       blondie999 Check     j3ono Check     River    K       blondie999 Check     j3ono All-in  105.00 5745.00 0.00 blondie999 Call  105.00 5850.00 45.00 adw1984 Show 9 4    blondie999 Show A Q    j3ono Show K A    adw1984 Win Full House, 4s and 9s 5640.00  5640.00 j3ono Win Two Pairs, Kings and 4s 210.00  210.00 Prev

• edited August 2012
    Hi J3ono
    A tad unlucky with this flop sir.
    Personally I don't like your raise size at this blind level. Its screaming "small pair" most times and I suppose for another 195 chips, its not a great investment for oppo to see if he can outdraw you. He was obviously looking for a couple of flopped spades, but then hit massively with the Full House.

I maybe flat call oppos flop bet and then check fold as oppo has showed no signs of a weak hand. But really! Its just extremely unlucky to get involved in this kind of hand. The amount of times I have seen players calling with any 2 suited suited and hitting is unreal and this is the type of player that would likely call an all-in pre-flop with this hand.
  • edited August 2012
    The prob was, i was 75% sure i was ahead of blondie and hoped adw had a small pp and i had a great chance of improving but alais the idiot wins :))
  • edited August 2012
    1045 £3.30 bh

j3ono05£8.16 + £7.10 Head Prizes5
    played a bit shocking :(
  • edited August 2012
    small cash in last nights £500 bounty hunter

unbpower04£47.50 + £12.19 Head Prizes2
  • edited August 2012
    I WANT TO STRESS AT THE START THIS IS NOT A MOAN BUT A QUESTION TO DISCUSS. I AM NOT MOANING ABOUT BEATS
    I know how J3 feels at the mo funny enough had a very simular conversation on 2 tables last night with players I knew.

I have in the last few days had anything from floping the nuts flush to AA AK QQ str onwards and lost every time to stupid 1 outers.

The hands that have won agaisnt me include 42 off 92 off j3 off j2 10 5 off etc I have no problems when the player is bluffing and getting lucky but that has not been expect on 1 occasion the case I have never limped you guys know that I will pre raise between 3 upto 5 times then on flop bet on average 3/4 of pot size and they just call call call call to the river and I drown more often then I hold.

Now an intresting therory of why in the last 6 months the stanard of bad play on here has got out of controll in my view. One of the players siad he had noticed ever since a lot of the ipad free poker apps have become popular there is a new group of players just calling down every hand due to the fact they have learnt the game in a non risk way and transfer that to the game.

Now we all agreed there is not 1 or 2 players just winning and of course we all know long term you cannot win like that however Poker is an ever changing game and though a decision on how poker players like us change the way we play.

Now if J3 3/5 pre raises agaisnt me (unless I am trying to bluff you m8 lol) I am not going into that pot unless I am strong same with a lot of you guys Trev Unb FD etc.

But these very very large group of lets be kind and call them bingo players are going to call you down to river with as just happend 54 v my AK in the hope that even though the turn was AK2 they can call my large raise flop raise that they get runner runner to a flush does it make sence to still pr raise anymore agaisnt these players.

I know the trouble is there could be bingo player in 4 out of the 6 seats so if I do limp the poker player will quite rightly use that agaisnt me and have a edge if they get involved in the pot.

So what is the teams thoughts on this and any strategy you have tried to counter act these moves. I know I am fairly well know on the site and an agrument could be made back that players just want to bust me expect these are players I dont know and I locked my SharpScope Stats after Blackpool after I was suprised at the number of people that mentioned they seen my stats and how well I doing. 

Could I ask the team 1 favour I do not want any bad beat moans not the idea of the posting it is a ever changing game discussion.

I may also start a tread on GC to see what the comunity thinks as well
  • edited August 2012
    Hi MrB.
    I have also been caught out a few times just lately. I have had one of my worst bad beat weeks this week.

I have also noticed the type of hands that players are calling with, but at the moment I am putting this down to the volume of Newbies joining the site.

How can we change our game to compensate for this? Well I just don't think I have the answer at the moment.

Everything tells us to keep playing ABC Poker and it will pay off in the long run. I'm sure this is quite true on the cash tables, but in MTT's with the volume of new players joining the site, which I think accounts for most of the "any 2" callers, maybe we do need to come up with a better strategy.

Ok, its easy to say we want these bad callers but, we don't have the option to reload in an MTT and it usually costs us our tourny life. 

Its certainly worth discussing in my opinion and may help all of us in the long run.

I'm deffinately up for a positive debate on this subject. 
  • edited August 2012
    WD kirb three steel mrb j3ono and unbpower nice cashes.Gl steel in the hu go for gold.Gl at the tables guys.
  • edited August 2012
    I WANT TO STRESS AT THE START THIS IS NOT A MOAN BUT A QUESTION TO DISCUSS. I AM NOT MOANING ABOUT BEATS I know how J3 feels at the mo funny enough had a very simular conversation on 2 tables last night with players I knew. I have in the last few days had anything from floping the nuts flush to AA AK QQ str onwards and lost every time to stupid 1 outers. The hands that have won agaisnt me include 42 off 92 off j3 off j2 10 5 off etc I have no problems when the player is bluffing and getting lucky but that has not been expect on 1 occasion the case I have never limped you guys know that I will pre raise between 3 upto 5 times then on flop bet on average 3/4 of pot size and they just call call call call to the river and I drown more often then I hold. Now an intresting therory of why in the last 6 months the stanard of bad play on here has got out of controll in my view. One of the players siad he had noticed ever since a lot of the ipad free poker apps have become popular there is a new group of players just calling down every hand due to the fact they have learnt the game in a non risk way and transfer that to the game. Now we all agreed there is not 1 or 2 players just winning and of course we all know long term you cannot win like that however Poker is an ever changing game and though a decision on how poker players like us change the way we play. Now if J3 3/5 pre raises agaisnt me (unless I am trying to bluff you m8 lol) I am not going into that pot unless I am strong same with a lot of you guys Trev Unb FD etc. But these very very large group of lets be kind and call them bingo players are going to call you down to river with as just happend 54 v my AK in the hope that even though the turn was AK2 they can call my large raise flop raise that they get runner runner to a flush does it make sence to still pr raise anymore agaisnt these players. I know the trouble is there could be bingo player in 4 out of the 6 seats so if I do limp the poker player will quite rightly use that agaisnt me and have a edge if they get involved in the pot. So what is the teams thoughts on this and any strategy you have tried to counter act these moves. I know I am fairly well know on the site and an agrument could be made back that players just want to bust me expect these are players I dont know and I locked my SharpScope Stats after Blackpool after I was suprised at the number of people that mentioned they seen my stats and how well I doing.  Could I ask the team 1 favour I do not want any bad beat moans not the idea of the posting it is a ever changing game discussion. I may also start a tread on GC to see what the comunity thinks as well
    Posted by MRBURNS4
    HOUSE !!

You've just described my play !!!!!!!LOL

Seriously - perhaps its just that you remember the occasions when this happensbecause they stick in your mind and not the probable hundreds of times when your hand hold - Dont know the answeer  just guessing really.

Oh  - and I want to bust you everytime i see you  so that parts TRUE lol

DITTO MR B
  • edited August 2012
    Hi Guys.
    I'm out Tonight with the darting fraternity :) May have a beer or two aswell.

If any of you are about Tonight can you please give Steelrod as much support as possible in his Olympic attempt for Gold.

6. Table Tennis 2nd Aug 7.20pm £4.40 £100GTD Heads Up Shuffle Tourny
    Steelrod

Best of Luck Steel - TID

• edited August 2012

Hi mrb i know where your coming from about these players.The way i look at it,even though i've had the worst 2 months on here,i still want those bad players calling with nothing and going all in on the turn with a gut shot.Just an example of what i've had recently,although it has always happened.You get bad players on your level as well as mine.The way i look at it, i limped in all the time for about 2 years but now i'm not going to do it just because the whole table is doing it.I may be on a bad run at the moment, but that's ok i understand varience,but these bad players,if they continue to play the way they are,will always be on a bad run.Let them get lucky and give me a bad beat with a 1 outer,i'll see them tomorrow and the next day etc etc.You get my point mrb.Anyway that's just my opinion mrb.Gl at the tables m8.

• edited August 2012
    Great to see sensible reply thanks guys and look forward to seeing how this discussion moves forward.

I agree with what Trev says and I do think a change of stragergy is needed whic is a positive thing as it means we keep ahead of the trend.

The main reason for starting this is not the odd bad beat moan but it has started to become a real trend in the game (had quiet a few very good regulars who not in our team talk about this with me) that its not just forgetting hands that hold its a trend quite a few notice.

Dont get me wrong I do not want to educate these people I do not want to have a go I actually want to encourage them to keep playing this way as I will long term take their bankroll but just want to take a step back and think how I counter act this to turn it from me keep losing to the mr 92 off to wining again agaisnt them.

Off now to see the great Dundee Utd v Dymano Moscow for jj benifit when a team is not as rich and powerful as THFC we start our season while your lot are still getting their hair cut on their private resorts and being man pampered the hard core real football fans are on the terraces lol

Good luck all at the tables and I may join you latter after the match!
  • edited August 2012
    Hi MRB what you are discussing here is nothing new. I had a really bad run late last year for at least a month and on 2 separate occasions I  lost allins to 42 off calling. This was just 2 examples out of many. Part of the problem is that these players are so bad at poker ( I blame Zynga poker on FB too as well as these apps whatever they are) that they don't realise that they are not getting the right price to call and they have no understanding of pot odds or implied odds. I think the only way to combat these players is to identify them in the first place and make notes, and try and play any future hands a little more cautiously perhaps. I know I have got carried away by hitting top pr top kicker say only to see they have hit the set or even stronger hands.
    By the way if there is an increase in traffic to the site then there will be an increase of bad players in proportion to that.
  • edited August 2012
    sorry guys just not hitting or holding anything,thanks jj,dagg.no medals with hands like this
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancemrparish82 Small blind  30.00 30.00 2100.00 steelrod Big blind  60.00 90.00 1485.00  Your hole cards A K    mrparish82 All-in  2100.00 2190.00 0.00 steelrod All-in  1485.00 3675.00 0.00 mrparish82 Unmatched bet  585.00 3090.00 585.00 mrparish82 Show K Q    steelrod Show A K    Flop  Q 4 Q    Turn  J    River  5    mrparish82 Win Three Queens 3090.00
  • edited August 2012
    I now have a big mother of a sat dish on the back of my quaint little thatched cottage in the irish countryside... if this does't stop me gettin disconnected it'll be goodbye sky.... we shall see.....
  • edited August 2012

Just scraped into the money in the main plus a few heads

Jeffter048£37.46 + £61.87 Head Prizes5
  • edited August 2012
    absolute joke tonight getting rivered almost every big pot i play was chip leader on the 2k bh first my trip 8s get cracked by flush then my aq gets cracked by flush then my ace 10 gets cracked by a river flush almost in consecutive hands.
    not just one tournament but 3 or 4 in a row never seen anything like it played poorly in the lucky 7 thoug
    just entered bh first hand ace kinghe shoves all in with 10 9 lands 2 tens on turn and river chubbers had a good stack so gl to him.
    edit:finally managed a cash in a timed tourney 5 th for 15.75

trip 3s cracked by flush on the river now this cant be normal varience surely may aswell just play russian roulette