You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes

Comments

• edited November 2013
    so with my connection problems and table draws I was not expecting a good session.

yet, in the face of adversity

I frenzied into the UKPC semi from where I won my seat to Sunday's final, knocking out mattbates in the process (he should have known his 77 would be no good against my 33!) - ul daiw whose turn it was to bubble
    I won a hilo dym, knocking out TK to save my skin
    and I final tabled the main 6/334

GELDY06£255.51 + £65.18 Head Prizes
    gl at the tables all

• edited November 2013
    Well played Geldy, Martin and Steel. Thats a great result well done.
  • edited November 2013
    2nd in the £300 £2 rebuy
    ZOED02£78.32
    TY JJACH and HAYLEZ83 for the rail in the mega stack x
  • edited November 2013
    Great result Steeley - wd.

Well done also to Zoe, Geldy, JJ & boranblade on your cashes.

Finished 12th in the 2K BH for a whopping £32 can't post it yet as its not in my lobby.

Overall I ran very poor last night.........

Regged for the 4K Bounty Hunter £55.00......3rd hand in i'm looking down at AA, there is a raise pre-flop from matisback....I re-raise...he shoves....whoop whoop, its all going in......he has KK and flops a set and it's better luck next time for me :)

One hand that really annoyed me was......A player was all in...i'm looking down at KK......I shove to isolate.....unfortunately the big stack decides to come along for the ride with J3off and the board ran out.... 7,8,9,10 to give him a straight to the Jack and it's goodnight Jimbob & goodnight Mary Helen :)

Even the Waltons would struggle to get this much saga into one episode :)
  • edited November 2013
    again a horror session. really felt shot at the end of it, and was about 10BI's down. felt i was playing well but running bad, and was still enjoying playing so decided to play another 10 games. then summat great happened. funny how one oppponent can just brighten your day with chat abuse.

there are players who will be absolutley  livid if they catch you bluffing, and in the endgame of a heads up sit and go if they catch you shoving eg Q4 at 7bb they will think you are terribad. well i ran into one of these players and he went mental at me. before our  4th game in he declared "i'm all in 1st hand". i called with K4s and held v his Q6. cue more abuse about how i go all in with rubbish, called me every name under the sun too.

eventually he said " i hateee players like you" cos "you bet with **** and win"

i always meet abuse with politenss and say things like: "i'm sorry i upset you", "you deserved to win that game" etc. it sometimes placates people - not this guy. the abuse got more personal and i could feel the steam coming through the screen.

i shove K4 for 8bb and was called by K9: a 4 hit. cue more rage. i couldn't help myself so typed: "boooooom!" in the chat box. childish and summat i NEVER do, but this fruit was ripe for picking. here is the transcript of our final match, right before i get it in with JJ v AK

x: injoy16:59TeddyBloat: ulTeddyBloat: ggx: no you said boomTeddyBloat: yah sorryTeddyBloat: was a jokex: u are a kidTeddyBloat: i said sorry man17:00TeddyBloat: you called me a "cumt"x: yes u play with sh tTeddyBloat: sorry i'll try to play betterTeddyBloat: i'll only play good hands now17:01x: in joy#x: bye

managed to again claw back to a point were i was beaten only by the rake and had a laugh doing so
  • edited November 2013
    WD steel geldy trev and zoe great result guys.Great win steel.Gl at the tables guys.
  • edited November 2013
    Managed a min cash today.Massive thanks for rail guys.TPT
    jjjach011£4.61
  • edited November 2013
    played JJ.

ground right through the downswing today.

played exactly 100 husngs and won 57. cancelled out the downswing, despite running horribly over a sustained period earlier in the day. made up with the result.

really enjoyable day of poker, and profitable. what's not to like.

good look at the tables TPTers.

• edited November 2013
    A few cashes tonight. Had some pretty awful beats :-(

mini BH
    ZOED06£56.29 + £13.59 Head Prizes6
    £300 GTD 
    ZOED04£39.77
    13:30 BH
    ZOED04£20.24 + £10.42 Head Prizes4
    I managed to sat into the £55 speed BH first time for £3 and got a bounty so a little profit 

ZOED250001£1,500 Speed B/H
    ZOED011£18.75 Head Prizes
    Ty Haylez and dangerdai for the rail, sorry if anyone else spoke to me and i missed it, i had some games on mini
  • edited November 2013
    WD zoe nice cashes.WD teddy, glad u are having a better time.
  • edited November 2013
    Another cash in a BH. I wonder if I've turned a corner? So annoyed with my allin call on the last hand as I thought the bigstack had folded and I was only up against the shortie. I'm blaming the new tables :) Thanks for rail Martin.

FlyingDagg016£2.37 + £1.69 Head Prizes2
  • edited November 2013
    WD dale ul on that last hand mate.But nice cash.A profit is a profit.Gl at the tables guys.
  • edited November 2013
    From Friday night

£400 mega  10th
    kopite1984010£18.24
    last night

£200 speed 3rd
    kopite198403£43.38
    Mini 47th
    kopite1984047£5.82 + £4.22 Head Prizes2
  • edited November 2013
    hi guys,

good luck at the tables tonight.

dunno if anyone is interested in the mental side of poker, but here's a great video that gives some practical advise for staying focused during sessions, warming up and cooling offf post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uz384dqU0XQ

hope it helps
  • edited November 2013

WD kopite nice cashes.Managed my first win in deepy in a long while.Couldn't of done it without that great rail from the team.Thanks for rail guys.     jjjach4850001£55.29mrmaddog02£34.14colthedog03£21.15mizpah04£17.07

• edited November 2013
    Well done Martin you really played well tonight. I managed a cash in the cheapie deepie but had a quite serious incident with the enter button. I was playing in my game and also railing Martin. As I typed in his chatbox and just as I was about to hit enter the action on my table came to me and it raised my preflop bet! Luckily everyone folded.

FlyingDagg05£9.22
  • edited November 2013
    Hi all,
    well done to everyone that has done well this weekend

250 b/h
    dangerdai09£5.14 + £9.68 Head Prizes8     
    this was 10k b/h which I qualified through a sat after the  3rd attempt so happy to have made a profit from that     dangerdai055£26.02 Head Prizes2
    looking forward to tomorrow good luck to all of the TPT team....   

• edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes:
    A few cashes tonight. Had some pretty awful beats :-( mini BH ZOED 0 6 £56.29 + £13.59 Head Prizes 6 £300 GTD  ZOED 0 4 £39.77 13:30 BH ZOED 0 4 £20.24 + £10.42 Head Prizes 4 I managed to sat into the £55 speed BH first time for £3 and got a bounty so a little profit  ZOED 25000 1 £1,500 Speed B/H ZOED 0 11 £18.75 Head Prizes 1 Ty Haylez and dangerdai for the rail, sorry if anyone else spoke to me and i missed it, i had some games on mini
    Posted by ZOED
    some nice cashes there Zoe and very unlucky with trip A, well played
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes:
    WD kopite nice cashes.Managed my first win in deepy in a long while.Couldn't of done it without that great rail from the team.Thanks for rail guys.         jjjach 485000 1 £55.29 mrmaddog 0 2 £34.14 colthedog 0 3 £21.15 mizpah 0 4 £17.07
    Posted by jjjach
    nice win jjjach well done mate..
  • edited November 2013
    came 3rd for 8.60 in the 2.20 deep stack they all count
  • edited November 2013
    Speed Bounty

heddoh1805£7.65 + £5.15 Head Prizes2
  • edited November 2013
    Can't sleep - but it's got me my first victory as a TPT player.

heddoh18640001£32 + £29.18 Head Prizes6£9.16
  • edited November 2013
    Great results guys.

DTD tonight, very best of luck to all taking part
  • edited November 2013
    great win jj wd
  • edited November 2013
    Iv satellite into the uk championships final 3 time and stil no luck frustrating lol
  • edited November 2013
    THIS WEEKS MTT TOTAL  £2331.47

GRAND TOTAL             £143264.20

• edited November 2013
    WD dale nice cash and strange thing with chatbox.WD dai cb and heddoh18 nice cashes.Nice win heddoh18.Gl in the DTD guys.
  • edited November 2013
    WD JJJACH AND GL IN DTD TONIGHT ALL

• edited November 2013
    Best of Luck ALL in the Monday DTD - LINKS Below...........

DTD1

DTD2

DTD3

Also post your name in the Forum DTD Thread - HERE

Run Well......Run Hard...........Run Riot :)

Remember.........Survival is the key ingrediant.

TPT Rule!!!!
  • edited November 2013
    Hi TPTers

Our Vice Captain FlyingDagg & Myself have come up with A TPT Player Awards.....

It's all for a bit of fun, so please don't be offended if you have not been included in this years awards.

Next Year "It Could be You" :)

Polls: TPT Player Awards 2013

Best of Luck to anyone in the running.

Notice
    flisty.com is a free polling website and may contain adverts to 3rd party websites. TPT "Team Poker Titans" is in no way associated with the site or any links to advertising to which the site may contain. Please ensure your computer is fully protected with the latest security updates.