You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes

Comments

• edited November 2013
    2.30 bh 15.70 + 5.88 head prizes

winning session on cash action table 218.70 profit, 66.20 was the biggest win in a single pot AJ vs KQ all in pre
    played 5 other cash tables and made a very small profit although i gained a good number of poker points

• edited November 2013
    I have posted a bad beat for a while so here goes.

ME - QQ  FLOP OF Q 10 A  - I HAVE FORCED ALL IN FEELING PRETTY GOOD A SET OF QUEENS LOOKING GOOD, ANYWAY FORCED ALL IN BY A SET OF 10'S, TURN CARD 5, LOOKING GOOD RIVER YOU GUESSED IT A 10!!!!

Question: Am i right to call the all in, and for future reference longterm is it a good call? or was i just unlucky i have my own thought but i would love some input from you guys that have more skill and experience than myself.

thanks in advance
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes:
    I have posted a bad beat for a while so here goes. ME - QQ  FLOP OF Q 10 A  - I HAVE FORCED ALL IN FEELING PRETTY GOOD A SET OF QUEENS LOOKING GOOD, ANYWAY FORCED ALL IN BY A SET OF 10'S, TURN CARD 5, LOOKING GOOD RIVER YOU GUESSED IT A 10!!!! Question: Am i right to call the all in, and for future reference longterm is it a good call? or was i just unlucky i have my own thought but i would love some input from you guys that have more skill and experience than myself. thanks in advance
    Posted by haylez83
    almost certainly, although without the table detail can't say for sure
    if he has AA then it's gg (but you could always hit quads!)
    if a straight then you can still house up
    and everything else you are ahead of (set of tens, 2 pairs, straight draws)
  • edited November 2013
    took down the 1045 bh this morning cheers hayelz for the rail 1st place £30.60 5hp £17.59 that's no 31 jj lol gl all tonight
  • edited November 2013
    took down the 1045 bh this morning cheers hayelz for the rail 1st place £30.60 5hp £17.59 that's no 31 jj lol gl all tonight
    Posted by FLASHJONNY

very well done johnny made up for you, i felt like i was winning when you was, was great to see you do sorry i missed the ft i was playing cash and when i came bk you won so very well done

• edited November 2013
    i have qualified for the skysports bunhter hunter semi final, although not a fantastic achievment i have done so 4 times out of 6. not too bad

• edited November 2013
    WD dale keith haylez trev and jonny nice cashes guys.WD jonny another win.wiiiiiii.Gl at the tables guys.
  • edited November 2013
    WD dale keith haylez trev and jonny nice cashes guys.WD jonny another win.wiiiiiii.Gl at the tables guys.
    Posted by jjjach
    thanks jj.

been sit n going and cash all day having a rest for tonight, played some aweful cash earlier but too be expected as i have been on skypoker since 8am, love the poker points though set myself a record.

good luck everyone at the tables as always, i will be playing railing etc as always.

oh forgot to mention not sure if it is in the correct place but, as you may know that 40% of all my profits on here and 888 ( ALthough i ended my account withh 888, as i finished 6th in the 250k deepie and it took over 6 weeks to get a pay out as i needed to send proof of id off, was unhappy as they were happy to accept my deposits) go to cancer research but because it coming up to christmas and there are so many people suffering at this time of the year i am donating 100% of all winning to cancer research ( not profit)

this year i have donated 2,381.72 my aim was to donate 4,000 i think that i am not going to make that but i am going to give it my best shot.

• edited November 2013
    Hi all have been away from the tables having a bit of a break. Great to see some nice cashes though.

Amazing gesture with the donation haylez. Cancer research is a fantastic charity which is close to mine and many others hearts. Nice one mate.

Gl at the tables all
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : thanks jj. been sit n going and cash all day having a rest for tonight, played some aweful cash earlier but too be expected as i have been on skypoker since 8am, love the poker points though set myself a record. good luck everyone at the tables as always, i will be playing railing etc as always. oh forgot to mention not sure if it is in the correct place but, as you may know that 40% of all my profits on here and 888 ( ALthough i ended my account withh 888, as i finished 6th in the 250k deepie and it took over 6 weeks to get a pay out as i needed to send proof of id off, was unhappy as they were happy to accept my deposits) go to cancer research but because it coming up to christmas and there are so many people suffering at this time of the year i am donating 100% of all winning to cancer research ( not profit) this year i have donated 2,381.72 my aim was to donate 4,000 i think that i am not going to make that but i am going to give it my best shot.
    Posted by haylez83
    Thats an awsome sum to donate. so even if you don't make the 5K you should be very proud of your efforts.

Best of luck on the tables all. i'm out at darts tonight. gl
  • edited November 2013
    I have posted a bad beat for a while so here goes. ME - QQ  FLOP OF Q 10 A  - I HAVE FORCED ALL IN FEELING PRETTY GOOD A SET OF QUEENS LOOKING GOOD, ANYWAY FORCED ALL IN BY A SET OF 10'S, TURN CARD 5, LOOKING GOOD RIVER YOU GUESSED IT A 10!!!! Question: Am i right to call the all in, and for future reference longterm is it a good call? or was i just unlucky i have my own thought but i would love some input from you guys that have more skill and experience than myself. thanks in advance
    Posted by haylez83
    KJ has flopped the world & you could be behind to AA....but how oftenn is that ever going to be the case lol? so it's an easy all-in for me. Although you havent mentioned table dynamics or if the board was sooted or not? although I think it may still go all in.

Best of Luck
  • edited November 2013
    woohoo leading the semi for tonight skysports bh.

cheers guys for the info.

• edited November 2013
    woohooo, that is the best that i have ever played.

i won the semi final its a first for me, well made up no cash yet but gained a bit of confidence in mtts.

Registered
    178 / 1000
    Players Left
    0 / 178
    haylez83 - £12k Sky Sports BH
    zoro - £12k Sky Sports BH
    axle262 - £12k Sky Sports BH
    sward0201 - £12k Sky Sports BH
    BRAHER - £12k Sky Sports BH
    poncake - £12k Sky Sports BH
    tinytellah - £12k Sky Sports BH
    concrete10 - £12k Sky Sports BH
    paleface - £12k Sky Sports BH
    Mick-1991 - £12k Sky Sports BH
    thepower1 - £12k Sky Sports BH
    brains37 - £12k Sky Sports BH
    hotchipz - £12k Sky Sports BH
    DSgooner - £12k Sky Sports BH
    Ice_Tiger - £12k Sky Sports BH
    SplitSpade - £12k Sky Sports BH
    g-master - £12k Sky Sports BH
    AlfPachino - £12k Sky Sports BH
    yddis - £12k Sky Sports BH
    timeforbed - £12k Sky Sports BH
    Big_Baz49 - £12k Sky Sports BH
    footsie66 - £12k Sky Sports BH
    middys - £12k Sky Sports BH
    MISTY4ME - £12k Sky Sports BH
    THEROCK573 - £12k Sky Sports BH
    rodney2007 - £12k Sky Sports BH
    TWISTED290 - £12k Sky Sports BH
    JONONZIE - £12k Sky Sports BH
    tartanstu - £12k Sky Sports BH
    unbpower - £12k Sky Sports BH
    CORCAIGH - £12k Sky Sports BH
    MrTnBizkit - £12k Sky Sports BH
    quinny76 - £12k Sky Sports BH
    petman05 - £12k Sky Sports BH
    ChrisV - £12k Sky Sports BH

• edited November 2013
    cash in the mini last night
    kopite198405£144.54
    thanks everyone for the rail
  • edited November 2013
    oh and flying dagg well done to not rising to that idiot on our table on the mega no doubt he will look for your table again tonight silly little boy
  • edited November 2013
    haddock214 Small blind  10.00 10.00 1990.00
    wekshboyo Big blind  20.00 30.00 1980.00
     Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

Eyeman Fold     
    coolal20 Fold     
    Skelington Call  20.00 50.00 1980.00
    kopite1984 Raise  100.00 150.00 1900.00
    haddock214 Fold     
    wekshboyo Raise  310.00 460.00 1670.00
    Skelington Fold     
    kopite1984 All-in  1900.00 2360.00 0.00
    wekshboyo All-in  1670.00 4030.00 0.00
    wekshboyo Show

kopite1984 Show
    • A
    • A

Flop

• K

Turn

River

wekshboyo Win Three 8s 4030.00
  • edited November 2013
    first hand in the mini how does someone make that call and get so lucky!!!
  • edited November 2013
    out of the main, gutted was doing ok as well.

my cards 55

raised so i call flop of 925 so i have a set checks round to me so i raise for value, turn j he raises so i am thinking maybe aj j10 so i shove he calls with 99.

999 over my 555, oh well enjoyed it for an hour or so thought that i did ok. just got to get in the next one took a head so its not all doom and gloom
  • edited November 2013
    haylez i lost my brother and sister to cancer a few years ago i think what your doing is fantastic you should be very proud.
  • edited November 2013
    Nice cash kopite and ul with that hand. Same goes for haylez, not having much luck with the flopped sets recently by the look of it!

Small cash from in a 250 BH but apart from that, the downswing continues!!

waller0203£13.54 + £6.71 Head Prizes7 
    Gl at the tables all
  • edited November 2013
    Revive the diary Waller!
  • edited November 2013
    small cash in £2.20 deepy

TeddyBloat012£5.54
    thanks for the rail JJ! sorry to keith for the most confusing conversations he's prolly ever had. i was stuggling to juggle tables at the time.

A8<QQ exit for 13bb, dunno if thats standard SB v btn. seemed it when i reshoved lol.

kept a note of some hands tonight if you don't mind looking. point and laugh as appropriate. may not be action hands just looking for advice on what to do in some marginal and frequent spots: and also just posting my worst plays hopefully the embarrassment will stop me making them eventually lol.

1. any reason not to complete? was thinking that i had no real implied odds to go set mining and  do i really want to flip for 1/4 stack if dagg shoves? not being results orientated i noted the hand mentally before folding.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    TeddyBloat Small blind   40.00 40.00 4190.00
    FlyingDagg Big blind   80.00 120.00 1237.38
      Your hole cards

cudahy Call   80.00 200.00 2095.00
    micky6chin Fold        
    breffnilad Call   80.00 280.00 6355.00
    steelrod Fold        
    TeddyBloat Fold        
    FlyingDagg Check        
    Flop

FlyingDagg Check        
    cudahy Bet   80.00 360.00 2015.00
    breffnilad Call   80.00 440.00 6275.00
    FlyingDagg Fold        
    Turn

cudahy Check        
    breffnilad Bet   220.00 660.00 6055.00
    cudahy Fold        
    breffnilad Muck        
    breffnilad Win   440.00   6495.00
    breffnilad Return   220.00 0.00 6715.00

2, i wrote XRAISE!!! straight after this hand. this is way too passive OOP, yah? i hate this hand on every street. really spewy.

banjo518 Small blind   40.00 40.00 11117.50
    amatim Big blind   80.00 120.00 4020.00
      Your hole cards

TeddyBloat Raise   200.00 320.00 5576.25
    HIBERNI369 Fold        
    commando67 Raise   320.00 640.00 26381.25
    banjo518 Fold        
    amatim Fold        
    TeddyBloat Call   120.00 760.00 5456.25
    Flop

TeddyBloat Check        
    commando67 Bet   380.00 1140.00 26001.25
    TeddyBloat Call   380.00 1520.00 5076.25
    Turn

• Q

TeddyBloat Check        
    commando67 Check        
    River

• A

TeddyBloat Check        
    commando67 Check        
    TeddyBloat Show

commando67 Show
    • J
    • K

commando67 Win Ace high 1520.00   27521.25

3 is there an argument for checking back this flop? considered it at the time, as it is i think betting made my decisions a little easier anyway. does anyone call the river?

acer131 Small blind   800.00 800.00 75442.29
    watto69 Big blind   1600.00 2400.00 16676.00
      Your hole cards
    • A

Theredcat Fold        
    graemes28 Fold        
    TeddyBloat Raise   3200.00 5600.00 31120.96
    acer131 Call   2400.00 8000.00 73042.29
    watto69 Fold        
    Flop

• K
    • Q

acer131 Check        
    TeddyBloat Bet   3200.00 11200.00 27920.96
    acer131 Call   3200.00 14400.00 69842.29
    Turn

acer131 Check        
    TeddyBloat Check        
    River

acer131 Bet   4800.00 19200.00 65042.29
    TeddyBloat Fold        
    acer131 Muck        
    acer131 Win   14400.00   79442.29
    acer131 Return   4800.00 0.00 84242.29
    thanks

• edited November 2013
    Hey Teddy.

Hand 1...yeah, I think we should always be making up here. If Dagg does shove on us then we can just let 33 go and have lost a single BB, no biggie. The big stack has overlimped into the pot so I'd certainly be peeling here. I would sometimes advocate raising here but being OOP and with Dagg's stack lurking behind who could just jam and put us in an awkward spot, I think making up the blind and go hunting for that 3 is the better option. 

Hand 2...I don't actually mind this. That minclick back pre is usually pretty strong holdings, so whilst being OOP is far from ideal, we are getting a great price with a pretty playable hand that can flop massive. You could argue raising our draw on that flop, and in this instance we'd probably (almost certainly) take the pot down. But if we believe that the villain is more often than not only going to be holding made premium hands, then they ain't folding JJ on a 9 high board for example. In which case we'll be bloating a pot OOP vs a guy who isn't gonna fold. The runout is pretty unfavourable, and really smacks their range if they were betting 'strong' air on the flop (AK/AQ etc). This might sound silly but I think we could possibly play it a bit more aggro on the flop had a single spade fallen; gives us some potentially good barrelling cards on the turn, and we all love back door equity. 

As played, I think it's all gravy. I probably play it very similar, so make of that what you will ;)

Hand 3...I'd say it's a pretty safe fold on the river. Vs some villains, I might call, but I think a random will show you a better hand more often than not.

I thinking betting the flop is fine. Although I might bet a little more (just over 4k perhaps), we don't need to bet huge. We also have that gutshot should we get resistance, but that flop is gonna fold out all PP >88 with a c-bet. 
  • edited November 2013
    small cash in the main, bit gutted how it finished but learning all the time made a few errors prior to my exit hand chasing bounties, which is not what i had planned to do.

haylez830255£11.25 Head Prizes1

• edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : Thats an awsome sum to donate. so even if you don't make the 5K you should be very proud of your efforts. Best of luck on the tables all. i'm out at darts tonight. gl
    Posted by POKERTREV
    Yes, Thanks trev really happy to give something back.

on a personal level this has been a great year for me in terms on fundraising, i just hope to give as much as i can afford.

in terms of poker i feel i know where my game is at which i am very greatful to everyone that has given me advice, i know i can be a pain always asking people but its only because i want to improve in whatever i do, i have learn't a lot and there is still so much to learn.

• edited November 2013
    Hi all have been away from the tables having a bit of a break. Great to see some nice cashes though. Amazing gesture with the donation haylez. Cancer research is a fantastic charity which is close to mine and many others hearts. Nice one mate. Gl at the tables all
    Posted by waller02

thanks again, sadly i didnt run deep tonight in the main but i am sure i will get there and when i do i think it would be great to donate the whole of the sum to cancer research, until then i will continue to try improve my game and push on if possible

• edited November 2013
    wp haylez & awesome work for cancer research
    wp daiw 4th in the main tonight
    nice cashes all

last night for poker for a while - pleased it turned out well

ty for the rail jj, daiw, dangerdai, irishrose, mactrad

main 14/464
    GELDY has finished 14th and wins £62.64 and £67.50 Head Prizes

UKPC semi - seat in the final taken as cash = £240

GELDY - £500K UKPC Final
  • edited November 2013
    Hey Teddy. Hand 1...yeah, I think we should always be making up here. If Dagg does shove on us then we can just let 33 go and have lost a single BB, no biggie. The big stack has overlimped into the pot so I'd certainly be peeling here. I would sometimes advocate raising here but being OOP and with Dagg's stack lurking behind who could just jam and put us in an awkward spot, I think making up the blind and go hunting for that 3 is the better option.  Hand 2...I don't actually mind this. That minclick back pre is usually pretty strong holdings, so whilst being OOP is far from ideal, we are getting a great price with a pretty playable hand that can flop massive. You could argue raising our draw on that flop, and in this instance we'd probably (almost certainly) take the pot down. But if we believe that the villain is more often than not only going to be holding made premium hands, then they ain't folding JJ on a 9 high board for example. In which case we'll be bloating a pot OOP vs a guy who isn't gonna fold. The runout is pretty unfavourable, and really smacks their range if they were betting 'strong' air on the flop (AK/AQ etc). This might sound silly but I think we could possibly play it a bit more aggro on the flop had a single spade fallen; gives us some potentially good barrelling cards on the turn, and we all love back door equity.  As played, I think it's all gravy. I probably play it very similar, so make of that what you will ;) Hand 3...I'd say it's a pretty safe fold on the river. Vs some villains, I might call, but I think a random will show you a better hand more often than not. I thinking betting the flop is fine. Although I might bet a little more (just over 4k perhaps), we don't need to bet huge. We also have that gutshot should we get resistance, but that flop is gonna fold out all PP />88 with a c-bet. 
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

+1 
    thks hhy - saves me the effort of typing it

i think i err towards the raise on the flop in h2, which should at least slow the villain down if he has a good but not top hand
    that being said i do find myself flatting from time to time as well

• edited November 2013
    £250 BH 

bracewell13820001£51.57 + £17.80 Head Prizes
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : thanks jj. been sit n going and cash all day having a rest for tonight, played some aweful cash earlier but too be expected as i have been on skypoker since 8am, love the poker points though set myself a record. good luck everyone at the tables as always, i will be playing railing etc as always. oh forgot to mention not sure if it is in the correct place but, as you may know that 40% of all my profits on here and 888 ( ALthough i ended my account withh 888, as i finished 6th in the 250k deepie and it took over 6 weeks to get a pay out as i needed to send proof of id off, was unhappy as they were happy to accept my deposits) go to cancer research but because it coming up to christmas and there are so many people suffering at this time of the year i am donating 100% of all winning to cancer research ( not profit) this year i have donated 2,381.72 my aim was to donate 4,000 i think that i am not going to make that but i am going to give it my best shot.
    Posted by haylez83

Very generous of you haylez fair play what did u win for coming 6th??