You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes

Comments

• edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes:
    wp haylez & awesome work for cancer research wp daiw 4th in the main tonight nice cashes all last night for poker for a while - pleased it turned out well ty for the rail jj, daiw, dangerdai, irishrose main 14/464 GELDY has finished 14th and wins £62.64 and £67.50 Head Prizes UKPC semi - seat in the final taken as cash = £240 5  GELDY - £500K UKPC Final
    Posted by GELDY
    Well done geldy I hope u get through Iv bn in final few times and no joy gl m8
  • edited November 2013
    Revive the diary Waller!
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    +1

Harry
    On a side note. Thought I'd post it here as I have a self imposed ban from the clinic. :)
    On the hand you posted. Why is the guy "clearly just clicking buttons"?
    I see this throw away line a lot and often can't really understand it.
    He's put you in an awkward spot.
    Genuinely interested. My technical understanding is pretty poor.
    Are we saying that, because, if we think he's good, then he'd be putting you under pressure either on the flop and turn?
  • edited November 2013
    hi I didn't now if I had to post my cashes in bh if I don't finish in a paying position
    Mactrad1058£63.28 Head Prizes4
    haylez I got ur message on my email I play very different poker to the norm I don't know if u would like it but I can for sure tell u what I do if u want to know.

few quick things I do in mtt which people may say are a no no. they don't always work

punish limpers if in bb and 2 or 3 people limp and the post is more then 10 percent of my stack I would shove with anything this is in the middle part of the tourney as u will have mostly good players left so they fold.

always put pressure on people for all there chips be aggressive don't go in survival mode. for example when we close to bubble I go ultra aggressive and not just raising I shove and u would be surprised what people fold.

ok today in main this is how I lot my chips but I would do it again.

I had a 3 hearts in bb

guy min raises with ak

I call flop is 656

I check guy raises I go all in know he probably misses now I had about 25k chips he had around 12k he contemplates and then calls and wins hand. people might day I played it wrong but that's what I do.

now I got about 12k chips left again im in bb 800 chips wid a7 suited 2 guys limp so pot is about 3k I want it without a flop so I shove guy calls with a8 which good players would fold as he had about 14k chips and its close to bubble he wins. but I would do it again as when im in middle parts of tourney im thinking of ft I don't care about the small winning positions its all about 123 as that's where the money is

also as I play a lot of cash I rather go out tourney and not go in survival mode and win in cash cos I multi min 6 tables

I hope that answer u if u want to know more let me know
  • edited November 2013
    by the way 2nd month in a row im a priority player what happens when I get 3 in a row
  • edited November 2013
    Hi my cousin is interested in joining this team is name is warner01. Can he join?
  • edited November 2013
    Hey Teddy. Hand 1...yeah, I think we should always be making up here. If Dagg does shove on us then we can just let 33 go and have lost a single BB, no biggie. The big stack has overlimped into the pot so I'd certainly be peeling here. I would sometimes advocate raising here but being OOP and with Dagg's stack lurking behind who could just jam and put us in an awkward spot, I think making up the blind and go hunting for that 3 is the better option.  Hand 2...I don't actually mind this. That minclick back pre is usually pretty strong holdings, so whilst being OOP is far from ideal, we are getting a great price with a pretty playable hand that can flop massive. You could argue raising our draw on that flop, and in this instance we'd probably (almost certainly) take the pot down. But if we believe that the villain is more often than not only going to be holding made premium hands, then they ain't folding JJ on a 9 high board for example. In which case we'll be bloating a pot OOP vs a guy who isn't gonna fold. The runout is pretty unfavourable, and really smacks their range if they were betting 'strong' air on the flop (AK/AQ etc). This might sound silly but I think we could possibly play it a bit more aggro on the flop had a single spade fallen; gives us some potentially good barrelling cards on the turn, and we all love back door equity.  As played, I think it's all gravy. I probably play it very similar, so make of that what you will ;) Hand 3...I'd say it's a pretty safe fold on the river. Vs some villains, I might call, but I think a random will show you a better hand more often than not. I thinking betting the flop is fine. Although I might bet a little more (just over 4k perhaps), we don't need to bet huge. We also have that gutshot should we get resistance, but that flop is gonna fold out all PP />88 with a c-bet. 
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    thanks, harry. gold as always.

the run out in hand 2 is yuk, but i still slightly favour the xraise in two. but im glad it's not a uber bad a s i first thought.

thanks for dropping in hhyftrftdr. TPT's official consigliere.

harry pictured reviewing HH's earlier...
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : Very generous of you haylez fair play what did u win for coming 6th??
    Posted by daiw
    2800  was made up to win although could of been better, but saying that i won a freeroll to enter so it was a great nights work, that month i madesome good cashes must of been running well.

• edited November 2013
    are any team members sharkscope subscribers and would be willing to do a couple of searches for me?
  • edited November 2013
    finished 9th in 1045 bh £3.83 2hp £2.26 gl all in orfy tonight
  • edited November 2013
    2nd place in the 20gt freeroll 3.56

9th place in the speed bunter hunter 5.90 plus 11.30 head prizes (4)
  • edited November 2013
    thanks who voted for me in the awards!!
  • edited November 2013
    Hi my cousin is interested in joining this team is name is warner01. Can he join?
    Posted by daiw
    Hi daiw.

He most certainly can m8

Let me know and I will update the list.
  • edited November 2013
    are any team members sharkscope subscribers and would be willing to do a couple of searches for me?
    Posted by TeddyBloat
    What you looking for Teddy?
  • edited November 2013
    hi team, i have never played in the offordable deepstack win 10 seats etc, i have never played but there seems to be a team element to it could someone expalin to me how it works pleae.

thanks in advance
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : What you looking for Teddy?
    Posted by POKERTREV
    PM'd you trev, thanks
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : +1 .... Harry On a side note. Thought I'd post it here as I have a self imposed ban from the clinic. :) On the hand you posted. Why is the guy "clearly just clicking buttons"? I see this throw away line a lot and often can't really understand it. He's put you in an awkward spot. Genuinely interested. My technical understanding is pretty poor. Are we saying that, because, if we think he's good, then he'd be putting you under pressure either on the flop and turn?
    Posted by Jac35
    Good evening sir! The clicking buttons comment comes from his river lead. He pretty much snap led for exactly 3/4 of the pot. He didn't appear to be thinking about the hand, the board runout, his bet sizing on the river. I try to avoid using the half, 3/4 and pot buttons where possible, it means you're taking that little bit more time to type your bet and thus at least gives the impression your using your noggin that little bit more than someone who just mashes 'pot' on every street.

Had he taken his time and then bet a similar amount that wasn't clearly just 3/4 pot, it would've been a very tricky decision for me. I still think I would've called but it would've been a tough call. If that makes me a fish then so be it ;)

His line just didn't make any sense. He's either massive with a house (KJ) or has completely missed. All the combo's of missed draws....any 2 spades, AQ/A10, 9 10, Q 9, Q10....I was pretty confident I was ahead on the turn, and knew what I wanted/didn't want to see on the river. So when he snap leads after everything bricked, I thought it was a fairly simple call. Not one I'd usually make, and certainly vs some people it would be a snap fold, but I just didn't believe his story. And he should've realised how bluffy his hand looks on that board texture. So yeah I called him and he shows AQ for a missed gutshot. FWIW I'd have called that player on that river with AK.

Suffice to say, I copped it in the chatbox for a few minutes ;) fish this, hero that.... haha
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : Good evening sir! The clicking buttons comment comes from his river lead. He pretty much snap led for exactly 3/4 of the pot. He didn't appear to be thinking about the hand, the board runout, his bet sizing on the river. I try to avoid using the half, 3/4 and pot buttons where possible, it means you're taking that little bit more time to type your bet and thus at least gives the impression your using your noggin that little bit more than someone who just mashes 'pot' on every street. Had he taken his time and then bet a similar amount that wasn't clearly just 3/4 pot, it would've been a very tricky decision for me. I still think I would've called but it would've been a tough call. If that makes me a fish then so be it ;) His line just didn't make any sense. He's either massive with a house (KJ) or has completely missed. All the combo's of missed draws....any 2 spades, AQ/A10, 9 10, Q 9, Q10....I was pretty confident I was ahead on the turn, and knew what I wanted/didn't want to see on the river. So when he snap leads after everything bricked, I thought it was a fairly simple call. Not one I'd usually make, and certainly vs some people it would be a snap fold, but I just didn't believe his story. And he should've realised how bluffy his hand looks on that board texture. So yeah I called him and he shows AQ for a missed gutshot. FWIW I'd have called that player on that river with AK. Suffice to say, I copped it in the chatbox for a few minutes ;) fish this, hero that.... haha
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Ta for reply.
    Abuse in chat box when you've won the hand?
     I'm sure it didn't upset you too much and you could take it. :)
    Dud you eventually apologise for owning him?
  • edited November 2013
    Well yeah, I called his bluff and he exploded. But I took it on my chins.

I said he did a good job of repping air ;)
  • edited November 2013
    Went out of orfy early tonight - but would welcome suggestions on whether or not I played this hand ok?  I know it was my exit hand lol but I'm not sure if I should have not gone all in (even though it knocked me out on river).

Hand History #715163834 (20:17 29/11/2013)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    abc992Small blind 50.0050.008835.00
    matty_1989Big blind 100.00150.006260.00
     Your hole cards
    • https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/heart.gif'); background-color: #ffffff; display: block; border: 1px solid #9bc3e5; width: 15px; text-align: center; font-size: 0.9em; background-position: 1px 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat" class="heart">2
    • https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/heart.gif'); background-color: #ffffff; display: block; border: 1px solid #9bc3e5; width: 15px; text-align: center; font-size: 0.9em; background-position: 1px 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat" class="heart">A

wynne1938Fold    
    IrishRoseRaise 200.00350.009130.00
    barstool22Fold    
    dionysisFold    
    annie_dukeFold    
    MYSHARKYCall 200.00550.0012910.00
    profman15Fold    
    https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/hhdealer.gif'); background-color: transparent; background-position: 100% 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat" class="dealer">PollypantsFold    
    abc992Call 150.00700.008685.00
    matty_1989Call 100.00800.006160.00
    Flop

• https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/heart.gif'); display: block; border: 1px solid #9bc3e5; width: 15px; text-align: center; font-size: 0.9em; background-position: 1px 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat" class="heart">4
    • https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/heart.gif'); display: block; border: 1px solid #9bc3e5; width: 15px; text-align: center; font-size: 0.9em; background-position: 1px 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat" class="heart">3
    • https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/diamond.gif'); display: block; border: 1px solid #9bc3e5; width: 15px; text-align: center; font-size: 0.9em; background-position: 1px 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat" class="diamond">8

abc992Check    
    matty_1989Check    
    IrishRoseBet 600.001400.008530.00
    MYSHARKYCall 600.002000.0012310.00
    abc992Call 600.002600.008085.00
    matty_1989Call 600.003200.005560.00
    Turn

• https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/heart.gif'); background-color: #ffffff; display: block; border: 1px solid #9bc3e5; width: 15px; text-align: center; font-size: 0.9em; background-position: 1px 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat" class="heart">K

abc992Check    
    matty_1989Check    
    IrishRoseBet 800.004000.007730.00
    MYSHARKYRaise 5600.009600.006710.00
    abc992All-in 8085.0017685.000.00
    matty_1989Fold    
    IrishRoseAll-in 7730.0025415.000.00
    MYSHARKYCall 2930.0028345.003780.00
    abc992Show
    • https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/heart.gif'); display: block; border: 1px solid #9bc3e5; width: 15px; text-align: center; font-size: 0.9em; background-position: 1px 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat" class="heart">8
    • https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/heart.gif'); display: block; border: 1px solid #9bc3e5; width: 15px; text-align: center; font-size: 0.9em; background-position: 1px 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat" class="heart">Q

IrishRoseShow
    • https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/heart.gif'); background-color: #ffffff; display: block; border: 1px solid #9bc3e5; width: 15px; text-align: center; font-size: 0.9em; background-position: 1px 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat" class="heart">2
    • https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/heart.gif'); background-color: #ffffff; display: block; border: 1px solid #9bc3e5; width: 15px; text-align: center; font-size: 0.9em; background-position: 1px 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat" class="heart">A

MYSHARKYShow
    • https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/diamond.gif'); display: block; border: 1px solid #9bc3e5; width: 15px; text-align: center; font-size: 0.9em; background-position: 1px 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat" class="diamond">3
    • https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/spade.gif'); display: block; border: 1px solid #9bc3e5; width: 15px; text-align: center; font-size: 0.9em; background-position: 1px 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat" class="spade">3

River

• https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/diamond.gif'); background-color: #ffffff; display: block; border: 1px solid #9bc3e5; width: 15px; text-align: center; font-size: 0.9em; background-position: 1px 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat" class="diamond">K

MYSHARKYWinFull House, 3s and Kings28345.00 32125.00
  • edited November 2013
    I may have gone out early in the orfy, the main 8pm game and the 9pm game (am I depressing myself yet????) but at least I qualified for the £110 roller for Sunday night.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : Hi daiw. He most certainly can m8 Let me know and I will update the list.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    thanks trev he would love to join is name is warner01 he luvs poker like all of us. I let him know
  • edited November 2013
    Best of luck in the roller rose, I will certainly be railing if I don't qualify.........which is highly likely!

2 cashes from me tonight

250 BH
    waller0202£26.16 + £4 Head Prizes3
    200 gtd
    waller021120001£103.60
    End of downswing??...hope so

Gl at the tables all
  • edited November 2013
    finished 9th in main close but not close enough!!
    Badboyplay272728.70 £139.99 Head Prizes8£61.65anjie1970190570.36 £159.47 Head Prizes6£68.14Doooobs156616.40 £149.52 Head Prizes6£64.81S1D69084.99 £191.55 Head Prizes9£78.84hitman251146999.55 £69.27 Head Prizes4£38.07gabsyb06£269.93 + £80.63 Head Prizes4 squeak1307£209.76 + £150.59 Head Prizes9 paul1008£154.56 + £63.68 Head Prizes4 daiw09£110.40 + £74.71 Head Prizes
  • edited November 2013
    11th place in the orfy for £8.31 ty for rail jj
  • edited November 2013
    Nice cashes daiw, waller, Jonny.

Give a BIG Welcome to our newest Team Mate -

warner01

Welcome aboard
  • edited November 2013
    I have nominated Vice Capo FlyingDagg for the Free DTD Prize this Month

Free entry into Thursdays Mini event at 8.30PM 5th Dec

Best of Luck
  • edited November 2013
    Sadly  my brother passed away due to Cancer yesterday hence my absence last night. Haylez I want to say that's a fantastic thing you have done for Cancer Research and please all support Larson and Slipwater in their upcoming poker marathon.
  • edited November 2013
    I have nominated Vice Capo FlyingDagg for the Free DTD Prize this Month Free entry into Thursdays Mini event at 8.30PM 5th Dec Best of Luck
    Posted by POKERTREV
    Thank you Trevor much appreciated
  • edited November 2013
    WD daiw jonny and waller nice cashes guys.Gl at the tables guys.
  • edited November 2013
    Sadly  my brother passed away due to Cancer yesterday hence my absence last night. Haylez I want to say that's a fantastic thing you have done for Cancer Research and please all support Larson and Slipwater in their upcoming poker marathon.
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    Wow, really sorry to hear this Dale. That's awful news, my thoughts are with you and your family mate.

Yeah Haylez it is a great thing that you are doing. I lost my mum to cancer when I was 7, it is a horrible illness that WILL eventually be beaten thanks to people like yourself giving generous donations.