You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes

Comments

• edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes:
    Hand number 2 is a fold, but you should raise bigger, you're out of position
    Posted by Matt237
    Thanks Matt for the advice.....I'll log it in to the memory bank, it all helps me for the future. Just love playing and I don't really understand value of position and value of some hands yet. I find it particularly difficult to play
     'Ace rag' if I should play it at all
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : Thanks Matt for the advice.....I'll log it in to the memory bank, it all helps me for the future. Just love playing and I don't really understand value of position and value of some hands yet. I find it particularly difficult to play  'Ace rag' if I should play it at all
    Posted by MISTY4ME
    A rag suited ip great to see a cheap flop.
    Couldn't ask for better but you need to bet big on the flop.  i would pot it. You have max equity at this stage so you want peeps to pay you off or run away.
    SFD might still call as it's such a pretty hand but at least you are charging them to see the cards. After that it's just a cooler.
  • edited April 2014
    Some cash at last following a dreadful run Frank13 111714.88   £212.10 Head Prizes 8 £95.70 dekk500 24285.12   £85.55 Head Prizes 4 £53.51 mattprawn 0 3 £127.50 + £23.44 Head Prizes 1   Need to take a bit of a break from poker I think, been over thinking some of my play and got really stale.  Seem also to have suffered some unnecessary abuse in the chatbox - normally I couldn't care less, but when you get guys following you round tables to give you grief you get to thinking that life's too short... Off for a weeks holiday and may add another week to the enforced break, so see you all in a couple of weeks.  Best of luck to all, I look forward to reading of TPT success.  Hope someone takes down one of the UKOPS main events! Cheers Matt
    Posted by mattprawn
    Enjoy your holiday and your break. Looking forward to seeing a refreshed mattp back on the tables. Nice result by the way.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : Thanks Matt for the advice.....I'll log it in to the memory bank, it all helps me for the future. Just love playing and I don't really understand value of position and value of some hands yet. I find it particularly difficult to play  'Ace rag' if I should play it at all
    Posted by MISTY4ME
    Suited in position is a fantastic hand to play. Otherwise bin it
  • edited April 2014
    Happy birthday to bigbob7213 (George). Have a great day.
  • edited April 2014
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    +1. Happy birthday George
  • edited April 2014
    Happy birthday bigbob7213.WD dai nice cash.Enjoy your break dai.WD nice cashe matt.Sorry to hear about the abuse.In my opinion the guys who abuse players and follow them around the table should be reported.Enjoy your holiday matt.Gl at the tables guys.
  • edited April 2014
    Bit annoyed, someone hit a one outer on the river to bust me out of Roller sat so close to the seats. Good luck to everyone playing it tonight :-)
  • edited April 2014
    Great cashes all, I've almost free rolled into mini for tonight with 2x rebuys and 1x add on for 50p each..

dangerdai225812.534Entry to £2,000 Mini Roller   
    Good luck tpters hope you run well..
  • edited April 2014
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    Happy birthday from me too!!

Hope all TPTers run golden tonight and best of luck to all in the various freerolls too.

I've managed to bink a roller seat from the earlier semi - wasn't going to play online tonight but enjoy Endeavour instead - hopefully I'll get hubby to tape it for me.
  • edited April 2014
    Happy birthday George.

Haven't been on the forum much as I haven't been playing much and when I have been playing it has been pretty bad.

Hopefully turned a corner after finishing 3rd in a £750 BH
    waller0203£46.79 + £22.63 Head Prizes8
    Gl at the tables all
  • edited April 2014
    Out of the roller - after yo yoing all night I went out in an all in hand - my A K v his A Q - Q hit.  But it was fun!!

Geldy still going strong in main - and JJ and Dagg and Matt also running well.
  • edited April 2014
    WD waller nice cash.Correct calls and bad luck tonight grrrrr.Always tomorrow.jjjach05£12.84
  • edited April 2014
    Cashed in the Mini Roller. Very happy as I came back twice from being extremely short with 2.5K.
    Great rail from Rose, dangerdai, geo and  Martin. Sorry if I forgot anyone.

FlyingDagg0 22 £20.53
  • edited April 2014
    2nd in the 7:45 deepstack

showy086300001£35.22LARSON702£21.48
  • edited April 2014
    I came 12th in the mini but i am not at all happy.
    Matt237012£37.76
    My exit hand is the reason why i am yet to have a big result really on Sky. Is it just me that constantly goes quite far after playing extremely well and then this happens? I know we want them to call with these hands but its turning into a bit of a joke how these players run so well and end up rivering. I was in a similar spot this time 2 weeks ago - finished 12th again in that but went out to a total luckbox. Just feels like 4 hours wasted. Thanks for the rail Martin/Dale though. Suppose i should be happy with the cash but it is so gutting - i would've gone 3rd.

TONY509  Small blind   1500.00  1500.00  142327.75
    Rumpy  Big blind   3000.00  4500.00  122152.00
       Your hole cards 
    J

kyp1961  Fold    
    Matt237  Raise   6000.00  10500.00  44390.50
    TONY509  Call   4500.00  15000.00  137827.75
    Rumpy  Fold    
    Flop

TONY509  Check    
    Matt237  Bet   6000.00  21000.00  38390.50
    TONY509  All-in   137827.75  158827.75  0.00
    Matt237  All-in   38390.50  197218.25  0.00
    TONY509  Unmatched bet   93437.25  103781.00  93437.25
    TONY509  Show 
    Matt237  Show 
    J
    Turn

River

TONY509  Win  Straight to the 10  103781.00   197218.25
  • edited April 2014
    On a brighter side
    Matt23760001£25,000 UKOPS 1
  • edited April 2014
    £600 BH 
    ZOED03£44.65 + £9.20 Head Prizes1
    £6 UKOPS Direct
    ZOED320001Entry to £25,000 UKOPS 1 + As you have already registered/qualified for this event you have been awarded the cash equivalent of £110, which is equal to the Buy-in and Fee.
    I actually won heads up yay!!!
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : A rag suited ip great to see a cheap flop. Couldn't ask for better but you need to bet big on the flop.  i would pot it. You have max equity at this stage so you want peeps to pay you off or run away. SFD might still call as it's such a pretty hand but at least you are charging them to see the cards. After that it's just a cooler.
    Posted by GELDY
    Thanks so much for your help Geldy and Matt, it all does help

Sorry to be such a newbie but whats 'SFD' and 'a COOLER'....I've been tryin to work it out but still struggling LOL

Well done everyone on all cashes tonight,,,,,another good night and thanks for gl wishes Geldy, sorry you missed cashing in the MAIN
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : Thanks so much for your help Geldy and Matt, it all does help Sorry to be such a newbie but whats 'SFD' and 'a COOLER'....I've been tryin to work it out but still struggling LOL Well done everyone on all cashes tonight,,,,,another good night and thanks for gl wishes Geldy, sorry you missed cashing in the MAIN
    Posted by MISTY4ME
    Straight Flush Draw
    Cooler is an unavoidable situation which you end up losing the hand. IE you have KK and 10bb, shove and you run into AA. Nothing you can do, just have to accept it
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : Straight Flush Draw Cooler is an unavoidable situation which you end up losing the hand. IE you have KK and 10bb, shove and you run into AA. Nothing you can do, just have to accept it
    Posted by Matt237
    Thanx Matt  and well done tonight.....I used to turn off SKY Poker 861 when they used to go on about all techy terms I didnt understand

I know Im enjoying playing Poker....Ive never missed watching last round of the US MASTERS golf before, usually starts my golf season off

Night all and good luck to all TPTers in DTD 1,2 +3 and as always.

.........MAY THE CASH BE WITH YOU ALL

• edited April 2014
    I came 12th in the mini but i am not at all happy. Matt237 0 12 £37.76 My exit hand is the reason why i am yet to have a big result really on Sky. Is it just me that constantly goes quite far after playing extremely well and then this happens? I know we want them to call with these hands but its turning into a bit of a joke how these players run so well and end up rivering. I was in a similar spot this time 2 weeks ago - finished 12th again in that but went out to a total luckbox. Just feels like 4 hours wasted. Thanks for the rail Martin/Dale though. Suppose i should be happy with the cash but it is so gutting - i would've gone 3rd. TONY509  Small blind   1500.00  1500.00  142327.75 Rumpy  Big blind   3000.00  4500.00  122152.00    Your hole cards  10 J         kyp1961  Fold     Matt237  Raise   6000.00  10500.00  44390.50 TONY509  Call   4500.00  15000.00  137827.75 Rumpy  Fold     Flop       10 7 4         TONY509  Check     Matt237  Bet   6000.00  21000.00  38390.50 TONY509  All-in   137827.75  158827.75  0.00 Matt237  All-in   38390.50  197218.25  0.00 TONY509  Unmatched bet   93437.25  103781.00  93437.25 TONY509  Show  7 9 Matt237  Show  10 J Turn       8         River       6         TONY509  Win  Straight to the 10  103781.00   197218.25
    Posted by Matt237
    Matt just wondered what browser your using when your posting hands?It's a bit odd not to see the suits.
  • edited April 2014
    THIS WEEKS MTT TOTAL  £2329.60

GRAND TOTAL                 £61270.86

2013 £161766.23

• edited April 2014
    TPT PRIVATE GAME

Is in the lobby now! Wednesday 16th April 8pm. Now with 48 mins late reg too! All players can invite a guest. Usual password. I'll send PMs to our newer players with all details.

LINK

PS if everyone is happy I think i'll throw it open on DTD page, late reg should tempt a few and maybe we can break our record of 31 runners.
  • edited April 2014
    Come on guys, you had a whole team out last night, but little old me still had a better average than any of TPT ;) In all seriousness, thanks to Trev and others (JJ, Dagg etc) for the good luck messages throughout. See y'all next week I'm sure.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    So i challenged Harry to a last longer for this weeks DTD. He has accepted and we are both paying to charity regardless of the result.

A bit reckless i know given his recent form in dtd but i wasn't going to let his tongue in cheek taunt go unanswered.

So when Trev gets round to his Titan sword and shield speech a little extra TPT support won't go amiss.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : So i challenged Harry to a last longer for this weeks DTD. He has accepted and we are both paying to charity regardless of the result. A bit reckless i know given his recent form in dtd but i wasn't going to let his tongue in cheek taunt go unanswered. So when Trev gets round to his Titan sword and shield speech a little extra TPT support won't go amiss.
    Posted by GELDY
    Gl Geldy. Will pop on the rail later to watch you outlast Harry in all 3 of the DTD's!!!
  • edited April 2014
    WD dale larson matt and zoe nice cashes.Gl in the ukops matt and zoe.Gl in the DTD tonight guys.
  • edited April 2014
    Nice cashes everyone -

Had the weekend off so hoping I can contribute to the points tally tonight in the Forum DTD.

Links are here................

DTD1

DTD2

DTD3

Register for all 3 tournies & ost your name & team TPT in the forum DTD Thread - HERE

Best of luck TPTers - see you on the tables.  
  • edited April 2014
    Best of luck!

Come on trev we need more than that
    We have a resurgent hit squad to deal with
  • edited April 2014
    Word Up!!!!!!!!!!

Tonight we have an extra special challenge..................

GELDY versus Harry(aka hhyftrftdr)

This is a last longer in tonights Forum DTD Tourneys and the side bets between them are going to charity, so its all in a good cause & I expect we will see some added fun & banter.

Both of these guys are great players & I have a great deal of respect for Harry too for his contribution to our TPT thread, he really is a great guy (even if he does play for the opposition) we forgive you Harry :)

So if there are any TPTers about tonight, can we have a special rail for these two guys & lets have some extra special added fun & banter on the rail.

As always I am in no doubt that GELDY will show his vast TPT talant on the tables tonight & with a bit of luck  he will be giving Harry a bit of a pasting on the felt :) 

GELDY v's hhyftrftdr - Last Longer Battle - Lets get it on!!!!

Good Luck Guys - TPT FTW