You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes

Comments

• edited May 2014
    Hi Guys

I have nominated.........................

Matt237

For the FREE Mini Seat on Thurs 8th May
  • edited May 2014
    Evening all,
     after what has been a trying year I have decided to really knuckle down with the poker and see if I can get anywhere with it, recently I have had a couple of wins, won a satt or two into bigger tournys and made a little on them. I also intend having more time on forum.
     I have a question for you all, am I a bad player? again been called a massive fish for third time in a week (Trev, let the 10, 3 of diamonds go) and just wondered if people on here who have played for a while with and against me share the same opinion? Is there something in my game I need to change?
     All views welcome, (reasonable and justified ones anyway)!

Over to you lot,

Cheers
      Simon
  • edited May 2014
    First DTD after my 6 month leave of absence, made small cash in DTD2.
    DTD1 lost half stack early with AA to FISH who hit straight on river, never recovered.
    Same old Sky rivercard :(        (Some things never change)

Thanks for the rail TPTers, jjjach, Jeffter, FlyingDagg, Steelrod, Pokertrev & anyone else I missed
    GL all still in
    Red_King014£2.32
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes:
    Evening all,  after what has been a trying year I have decided to really knuckle down with the poker and see if I can get anywhere with it, recently I have had a couple of wins, won a satt or two into bigger tournys and made a little on them. I also intend having more time on forum.  I have a question for you all, am I a bad player? again been called a massive fish for third time in a week (Trev, let the 10, 3 of diamonds go) and just wondered if people on here who have played for a while with and against me share the same opinion? Is there something in my game I need to change?  All views welcome, (reasonable and justified ones anyway)! Over to you lot, Cheers   Simon
    Posted by bornablade

Hi BB, certainly wouldn't call you a bad player m8. From my experience when sharing tables with you and also railing i would say you have a good solid game m8.
      Never seen you make any stoopid mistakes ( unlike moi) and always seem to go fairly deep in mtts. Might be suffering a bit from the old variance but class is forever m8.
      Hope things go well for you.
  • edited May 2014
    Welcome aboard freshfish!

Thanks for the rail in dtd3 guys!

DoubleAAA2650001£59.25
  • edited May 2014
    Ooo Cheers Trev, i'll make sure to tid :-)

Good watch that Ali, wp. Well done to the 3 of you who came in the top 10.
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes :   Hi BB, certainly wouldn't call you a bad player m8. From my experience when sharing tables with you and also railing i would say you have a good solid game m8.   Never seen you make any stoopid mistakes ( unlike moi) and always seem to go fairly deep in mtts. Might be suffering a bit from the old variance but class is forever m8.   Hope things go well for you.
    Posted by pomfrittes
    Cheers pom, am running pretty ok at the minute. 
    Was the comment from someone that I was just a big fish that got under my skin. It's the third time in a week I've been called it and although I don't think being perceived as a fish is such a bad thing as it gets me a lot of callers with one pair hands who probably wouldn't call people they perceive as being tighter. 
    I was just wondering if what the general opinion amongst TPT players was as I have known and played with some of this team a long time now and I respect a lot of people's opinions on this team,
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : Cheers pom, am running pretty ok at the minute.  Was the comment from someone that I was just a big fish that got under my skin. It's the third time in a week I've been called it and although I don't think being perceived as a fish is such a bad thing as it gets me a lot of callers with one pair hands who probably wouldn't call people they perceive as being tighter.  I was just wondering if what the general opinion amongst TPT players was as I have known and played with some of this team a long time now and I respect a lot of people's opinions on this team,
    Posted by bornablade

Don't let it get to you.  You'll usually find them calling you a fish because they do not understand the level of thinking that you're on or perhaps you 'being priced in' to call etc.  I have people calling me a 'fish' almost every day (sometimes warranted when I'm on tilt) and it actually makes me smile.

I usually reply with, 'have I made you mad?', 'do you wish you could rewind time?' or 'go make a cup of tea and then tell me all about it, I'm listening'.

A new one I have since yesterday when I make a sick hero call (and I actually got it right) is 'superman left his cape behind so I thought I'd try it on'

Take it as a compliment if they're calling you a fish!
  • edited May 2014
    Welcome aboard freshfish! Thanks for the rail in dtd3 guys! DoubleAAA 265000 1 £59.25
    Posted by DoubleAAA
    Ty buddy:) Wd one the win!

In my debut outing for TPT I managed 2nd in DTD1, 22nd in DTD3 and nowhere in DTD2:) Ty all for railing that final table and hopefully I'll continue to rack up some points for us:)
  • edited May 2014
    Welcome to the team freshfish1. Have sent you a private message. And well played last night.

Well done doubleAAA very nice win. And well done all in TPT good effort.
  • edited May 2014
    WD double nice win.WD ff nice 2nd.WD red nice cash on dtd comeback.BB don't worry about these people.You have a good game don't let anyone tell you any different.Gl at the tables guys.
  • edited May 2014

pay no attention to them bb there not worth 2 bob

• edited May 2014
    Result from last night DTD. I hadn't realised we'd done so well. Very proud of our team!
    Team               Runners    Wins  TeamPts  LeaguePts
    Poker Titans         20           1             18         7
    HitSquad              22           2             15         6
    Dragons                 6            -               8         5
    Team 51                 2           -                3         4
    Team Solack           1          -                -          3
    Knight Poker          3           -               -          2
    Outlaws                  3          -                -          1
    Phoenix                  2          -                -           0
  • edited May 2014
    Evening all,  after what has been a trying year I have decided to really knuckle down with the poker and see if I can get anywhere with it, recently I have had a couple of wins, won a satt or two into bigger tournys and made a little on them. I also intend having more time on forum.  I have a question for you all, am I a bad player? again been called a massive fish for third time in a week (Trev, let the 10, 3 of diamonds go) and just wondered if people on here who have played for a while with and against me share the same opinion? Is there something in my game I need to change?  All views welcome, (reasonable and justified ones anyway)! Over to you lot, Cheers   Simon
    Posted by bornablade
    I think your a very good player. I think you fall somewhere between tight aggro and loose aggro. I think it's a very good mixture and sometimes it's quite difficult to put you on a certain hand. I have a lot of respect for your game and yes you can be a bit fshy but that no bad thing now and again.

The only thing you need to change in your game is stop 3 betting me :)
  • edited May 2014
    Hi Bladey

I think you have a very solid game m8 (I should know) I've played you enough times lol.

More importantly - I always find it very difficult to put you on a hand and i'm sure many other players do to, but this is a good thing (For you anyway) it's exactly why they will pay us off.

I really don't think some players understand hand ranges v pot odds v position etc and those are the players we are going to frustrate the most and again this is exactly what we want.......frustrated players trying to beat every hand you play is always going to see you accumulate chips.

You play a wide range of hands and this shows you have a vast amount of experience & understanding of the game. Players who have a lesser understanding of the game would call us a fish out of pure frustration, but this is simply because they lack a wider knowledge & understanding of the game.

Let them keep calling you a fish - keep frustrating them - it's exactly what we want.

Just remember.....Its not a leak in your game......its a leak in thiers

Good Luck.
  • edited May 2014
    Thanks everyone, I appreciate and respect all your comments.
     It's just one player that has really got under my skin z(not tilting me it just wound me up) three times in a week we've crossed paths and I've ended up either taking him down or taking a lot of chips off him. Latest one was on Sunday, I got A3 suited and flat called from early position. He was in sb and reraised (1 1/2 bigs If I remember right) obv I'm not folding there as we both were quite deep (approx 50bigs each). Flop come down AA6 and he checked so I popped min bet in and he instashoved, after thinking for all of a second I called and he showed KK. Turn and river both bricked for him and oh did the floodgates open.

My image may sometimes appear a little fishy but I think this helps me get max value from my good hands. Was talking to one of my mates the other day and he mentioned how amazed he was the number of people that call me down with just one pair and not always necessarily top top either. I guess it's each to their own style. 
    Hope I run into this villain again soon as I am in a mood to take advantage of him should the poker gods allow

• edited May 2014
    Thanks everyone, I appreciate and respect all your comments.  It's just one player that has really got under my skin z(not tilting me it just wound me up) three times in a week we've crossed paths and I've ended up either taking him down or taking a lot of chips off him. Latest one was on Sunday, I got A3 suited and flat called from early position. He was in sb and reraised (1 1/2 bigs If I remember right) obv I'm not folding there as we both were quite deep (approx 50bigs each). Flop come down AA6 and he checked so I popped min bet in and he instashoved, after thinking for all of a second I called and he showed KK. Turn and river both bricked for him and oh did the floodgates open. My image may sometimes appear a little fishy but I think this helps me get max value from my good hands. Was talking to one of my mates the other day and he mentioned how amazed he was the number of people that call me down with just one pair and not always necessarily top top either. I guess it's each to their own style.  Hope I run into this villain again soon as I am in a mood to take advantage of him should the poker gods allow
    Posted by bornablade
    Serves him right for raising so small
  • edited May 2014
    cashed in dtd 1 last night wd AAA for win in dtd3,wd all on ya cashes.

steelrod08£10.49

bornablade av been on a few tables with you nowt wrong with ya game its a solid game,agree with what all tpt'ers have said about ya game stick with it m8 gl.

gl all on the tables
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : I think your a very good player. I think you fall somewhere between tight aggro and loose aggro. I think it's a very good mixture and sometimes it's quite difficult to put you on a certain hand. I have a lot of respect for your game and yes you can be a bit fshy but that no bad thing now and again.  The only thing you need to change in your game is stop 3 betting me :)
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    Thanks Dale, had to get that in!
  • edited May 2014
    Small Cash for the Captain.........

2K Mini Bounty Hunter
    POKERTREV031  £6.66  + £20.62 Head Prizes8
    Well done to Misty - Pom & Larson cashing in the Main
  • edited May 2014
    Larson currently final 3 in main. Doesn't compare to his bink but i won the £200 GTD again.

Matt237820001£75.85Joeysampy02£45.10Frowme03£30.75kaden104£22.55mondo198505£16.40Tsaaaar06£14.35
    My winning hand was so funny, i'll share it later. Ta Ali for the rail
  • edited May 2014
    Fun evening but no cash, sob.  Bubbled the £22 £500 deepy.  Bubble took a good hour to burst, shame it was me that burst it.  Especially on such a soft FT, no idea who these guys are...

MattBates86910  iamabluff12520  Lambert1805570  mattprawn04
    WP all. Great result in the DTD.

BornaBlade, apart from your dubious choice of football teams, every time I've played you've come across as a solid player.  Nowt wrong with a bit of fishing every now and then, indeed my view is that you need to if you want to keep your oppos guessing...

Cheers

Mattp
  • edited May 2014
    Larson Misty and Pom all top 10d the main. Fantastic results chaps :-)
  • edited May 2014
    FANTASTIC result last night in DTDs everyone.....................and TPT continued great run in tonights TURBO

Brilliant win for LARSON ....TOOK IT DOWN ..........................really well played and three TPTers in top 10 (well done POMFRITTES and little old ME

Thanx everyone for the rail and support, especially THE CAPTAIN and well done on your cash in the Mini too

Great win MATT in £200 gtd and everyone else who has cashed over the last few days, and just for the record

LARSON716440001£1370
    Roryc6902£767.20
    PBKR03£452.65
    splashies04£358.94
    jadfish2605£301.40
    MISTY4ME06£243.86
    SeanovHull07£189.06
    rhino1108£137
    Gollygosh09£98.64
    pomfrittes010£73.98

• edited May 2014
    FANTASTIC result last night in DTDs everyone.....................and TPT continued great run in tonights TURBO Brilliant win for LARSON ....TOOK IT DOWN ..........................really well played and three TPTers in top 10 (well done POMFRITTES and little old ME Thanx everyone for the rail and support, especially THE CAPTAIN and well done on your cash in the Mini too Great win MATT in £200 gtd and everyone else who has cashed over the last few days, and just for the record LARSON7 1644000 1 £1370 Roryc69 0 2 £767.20 PBKR 0 3 £452.65 splashies 0 4 £358.94 jadfish26 0 5 £301.40 MISTY4ME 0 6 £243.86 SeanovHull 0 7 £189.06 rhino11 0 8 £137 Gollygosh 0 9 £98.64 pomfrittes 0 10 £73.98  
    Posted by MISTY4ME
    Great stuff you 3 delighted for you all. And to add to a great TPT night  I took down the 7-45 deepie and Simon got 2nd in the 7-15 deepie.

FlyingDagg475000 1 £28.50
  • edited May 2014
    Larson Misty and Pom all top 10d the main. Fantastic results chaps :-)
    Posted by Matt237
    Thanks Matt and very well done to you too and VERY best of LUCK on THURSDAY night as well

Just watching SKY poker from earlier ( Mrs has gone to bed !!!! )... and they've just mentioned that POM  just missed 
    cut-off for LAST LONGER by 2 minutes.....still very nice cash, WELL DONE
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : Great stuff you 3 delighted for you all. And to add to a great TPT night  I took down the 7-45 deepie and Simon got 2nd in the 7-15 deepie. FlyingDagg 475000  1  £28.50
    Posted by FlyingDagg

Yes. congratulations guys, fantastic TPT night.  Well done matt also plus Dale and Simon.
  • edited May 2014
    Cheers for the rail Misty, Trev and everyone else that was on the FT.

Amazing night, thanks for the support everyone, outstanding!
  • edited May 2014
    Cheers for the rail Misty, Trev and everyone else that was on the FT. Amazing night, thanks for the support everyone, outstanding!
    Posted by LARSON7
    Didnt realise that you were in the last longest too LARSON, so BRILLIANT result and GOOD LUCK tonight in the UKPC semi

Thanks Matt for the congrats and team mention (3 in the TOP 10) on the SKY POKER programme last night

WELL DONE ALL ROUND......................looking forward to the TPT game tonight folks and GOOD LUCK to all who are playing that and all other tourneys, and as always..............

......................MAY THE CASH BE WITH YOU ALL
  • edited May 2014
    Some great results being posted, especially Larson vwp!!

Still not playing a great deal atm have lost the poker bug but I'm sure it will be back before long!