You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes

Comments

• edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes:
    Not sure if its just me but i feel that over the last few weeks we seem to be slipping down the order when it comes to the DTD Monday night games. I feel as though our numbers and team form is down at the moment and wonder what we can do about getting the enthusiasm and numbers back up. I know people have other priorities and/or committments. ( I myself would love to play more but at the moment am quite limited to what I can play), but what can we do to get us back to challenging for the top of the leaderboard. Not so long ago it was common for anyone on FT to be railed by 10 or more team mates and unless I've missed something this hasnt happened lately. Everyone enjoys being railed. its FUN. Sorry if thits a bit of a moan but that is not my intention. I just want to stir the team up for a big DTD challenge next month. Hopefully more of you can play and put us back where we belog - TOP OF THE TABLE And have a lot of fun when doing so. So come on all you big winning players, (and the little ones) - join in the DTD and make us proud again. cheers Jeff   
    Posted by Jeffter
    Can't agree more Jeff especially the railing side of things. But it's no coincidence that since Martin (jjjach) stopped playing DTD that railing has dropped off. He was responsible more than anyone else for getting behind the team and rallying the railers but I know that he has other commitments too.

Personally I feel the team has got too big now and we have lost the focus of being a DTD team although I realise we have never been just about DTD. What does irk me is the number of new players who ask to join the team in only the 1st or 2nd forum post and we never hear from them again. I would guess it's at least half of them. I know from doing the weekly totals that the hardcore of forum contributors has dropped rapidly in the last few months and those that do contribute tend to be the ones railing. Also the DTD tourneys do tend to run quite late due to numbers. I can only echo what Jeff has said and say support your team in DTD it does do wonders for the players as I have found out myself.

As an aside I'm unable to play the private game tonight due to sickness so good luck all.
  • edited April 2015
    Here are a few stats from The March Forum DTD.

A BIG Thank you to the 24 players listed below who did play in March.

Even if you can't make it every week, it makes a big difference to the team score if you happen to perform well on the weeks that you do, so we are grateful to everyone who has made the effort.
    PLAYER NAMEweek 1week 2week 3week 4week 5Monthly Entries% Played
    KEITH1960111115100%
    POKERTREV111115100%
    POMFRITTES111115100%
    STOKEFC111115100%
    JEFFTER11011480%
    CRAIGCU1211010360%
    FLASHJONNY11100360%
    RED_KING10110360%
    SHAUNYT11010360%
    FLYINGDAGG01010240%
    GELDY01100240%
    ISILDUR1010100240%
    MATT23701001240%
    THEBIL12310010240%
    TREMAYNE00110240%
    WALLER0201100240%
    67BHOYS00001120%
    ASH0710000120%
    CHRIS_MC00001120%
    GRUNTEX01000120%
    IRISHROSE10000120%
    JUSTMARTIN01000120%
    PDAVO10001000120%
    POKEY201110000120%
    TOTAL Entries141510118  
  • edited April 2015
    Yeah sadly last month I was forced to take a break and one monday collided with Football.
  • edited April 2015
    Evening all

Unfortunately I will be missing the DTD nights for the next few months due to Fat Club (aka Slimming World) being on the same night.  I don't get home til around 9pm by which time I've obviously missed them all :(   However I'm now wondering if I could reg for them and just be blinded away til 9pm - or would the blinds have me down to zero by then?  Whichever way I'll make more of an effort on the railing front - always forget I can open games still in progress even if I'm not playing them if I untick the reg only box!!

Hope you're better soon Dale - I know how much you love the team TPT game tonight.

Im going for the treble tonight - the THS game, The FOSP game and the TPT team game - hopefully I won't donk out of all 3 in the first few minutes lol.

Best of luck tonight TPTers - hope you all run extra golden xx
  • edited April 2015
    Hi all gl tonight i hope to come off this bit of a bad run soon so hope to pick up some points in dtd with luck gl at the table guys
  • edited April 2015
    Many thanks for the rail tonight all - I managed to bink a 2nd seat to the Sunday night semi final game so got £240 cash for my troubles :)

IrishRose86233Entry to £10k Vegas Semi + As you have already registered/qualified for this event you have been awarded the cash equivalent of £240, which is equal to the Buy-in and Fee.
    Sorry RSPCA for that nasty river card.

Enjoyed the team game tonight - just wish I'd lasted a bit longer in it but have discovered that I really am useless at trying to play more than 3 games at same time.  Kept getting muddled between rebuy game and THS and TPT game.

Good luck all - run golden xxx
  • edited April 2015

Cheers to Rose for the invite tonight to your team game. I Obv really enjoyed it ;) Great structure that BTW, with plenty of play in the later stages.

The result....plus bragging on your team thread....

MAXALLY750001£18.75 + £22.95 Head Prizes7£7.59Andy_Horns02£11.25 + £3.27 Head Prizes1 mexicano8403£7.50 + £5.64 Head Prizes3
  • edited April 2015
    WD guys on your cashes.Great TPT game as usual.WD to max who took it down.
  • edited April 2015
    Evening all Unfortunately I will be missing the DTD nights for the next few months due to Fat Club (aka Slimming World) being on the same night.  I don't get home til around 9pm by which time I've obviously missed them all :(   However I'm now wondering if I could reg for them and just be blinded away til 9pm - or would the blinds have me down to zero by then?  Whichever way I'll make more of an effort on the railing front - always forget I can open games still in progress even if I'm not playing them if I untick the reg only box!! Hope you're better soon Dale - I know how much you love the team TPT game tonight. Im going for the treble tonight - the THS game, The FOSP game and the TPT team game - hopefully I won't donk out of all 3 in the first few minutes lol. Best of luck tonight TPTers - hope you all run extra golden xx
    Posted by IrishRose
    You'd be alright but remember you'd last longer than you would anyway ;-)
  • edited April 2015
    My Wednesday Cashes

Main
    Matt237034£50.46
    Mega
    Matt237012£12.62
    Turbo
    Matt23706£14.70
    Big £5BH made a profit
    Matt237047£8.90 Head Prizes4
  • edited April 2015
    Hi guys, 

I also recieved an invite to join team outlaws, i have really enjoyed my time in TpT and have learnt a lot from you guys, but having met a lot of the players i think their team seems more suited to me, so have decided to take a transfer as it were. Im sure the transfer fee wont be hefty as im a pretty awful player lol.  Thanks again for taking me in and being my first team.  I wish you all well on the tables and look forward to seeing you all in the DTD games.

Lee 
  • edited April 2015
    i wish i could wish you good luck but as they seem intent on poaching our players I hope you feel happy in your new team. Remember don't aim high as their standards seem pretty low.

EDIT: After getting up from my sickbed this sounds like I'm having a go at you. I apologise for that but make no apologies for having a low estimation of the Outlaws recuitment policy.
  • edited April 2015
    WD matt nice cashes.Best of luck in your new team rlt.Gl at the tables guys.
  • edited April 2015
    FAO Trev/Dale....

Seeing as I'm the diplomatic face of the Outlaws, allow me to retort.

This is Sky poker. We all play for fun, and the team element adds to that. People will often go from one team to another, it's hardly a new concept. There is nothing keeping anyone tied down to a certain team.

Did we go to Newcastle to try and poach people? No. We went to Newcastle to have a good time, and we very much succeeded in that respect. In fact, we were having such a good time that others often congregated around us. Of course we had an idea of people plying their trade elsewhere who might be quite a good fit for us, but ultimately we are all adults on the site and we have the capacity to make our own decisions. If people had their heads turned by us, then so be it. We are a very fun bunch, we don't take ourselves seriously, we are not ruled with an iron fist unlike others. We just play poker, drink beer and swear at each other. This clearly appeals to many, as we have some very big characters (and one massive diva) in the ranks. We shy away from the scramble of trying to sign new players, but if established players/forum contributors look at us and want in on the action, then so be it.

This is nothing personal. TPT still have thriving numbers (just the other day you were complaining the team was too big!). As I said, we're all adults and you should respect the fact that people can make their own minds up regarding who they want to play for. Who knows, maybe one of ours will leave for TPT one day, and if that happened I'd wish them all the best, shame you can't do the same.

See you in DTD on Monday.
  • edited April 2015
    Hi guys,  I also recieved an invite to join team outlaws, i have really enjoyed my time in TpT and have learnt a lot from you guys, but having met a lot of the players i think their team seems more suited to me, so have decided to take a transfer as it were. Im sure the transfer fee wont be hefty as im a pretty awful player lol.  Thanks again for taking me in and being my first team.  I wish you all well on the tables and look forward to seeing you all in the DTD games. Lee 
    Posted by RLT16
    Best of luck with your new team RLT16.

It's been a pleasure having you and I wish you all the best.

You will always be welcome to come back if you so decide in the future.
  • edited April 2015
    Cheers to Rose for the invite tonight to your team game. I Obv really enjoyed it ;) Great structure that BTW, with plenty of play in the later stages. The result....plus bragging on your team thread.... MAXALLY 75000 1 £18.75 + £22.95 Head Prizes 7 £7.59 Andy_Horns 0 2 £11.25 + £3.27 Head Prizes 1   mexicano84 0 3 £7.50 + £5.64 Head Prizes 3
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Nice work Maxally

Well done on taking it down - you are always welcome.
  • edited April 2015
    FAO Trev/Dale.... Seeing as I'm the diplomatic face of the Outlaws, allow me to retort. This is Sky poker. We all play for fun, and the team element adds to that. People will often go from one team to another, it's hardly a new concept. There is nothing keeping anyone tied down to a certain team. Did we go to Newcastle to try and poach people? No. We went to Newcastle to have a good time, and we very much succeeded in that respect. In fact, we were having such a good time that others often congregated around us. Of course we had an idea of people plying their trade elsewhere who might be quite a good fit for us, but ultimately we are all adults on the site and we have the capacity to make our own decisions. If people had their heads turned by us, then so be it. We are a very fun bunch, we don't take ourselves seriously, we are not ruled with an iron fist unlike others. We just play poker, drink beer and swear at each other. This clearly appeals to many, as we have some very big characters (and one massive diva) in the ranks. We shy away from the scramble of trying to sign new players, but if established players/forum contributors look at us and want in on the action, then so be it. This is nothing personal. TPT still have thriving numbers (just the other day you were complaining the team was too big!). As I said, we're all adults and you should respect the fact that people can make their own minds up regarding who they want to play for. Who knows, maybe one of ours will leave for TPT one day, and if that happened I'd wish them all the best, shame you can't do the same. See you in DTD on Monday.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    I have always admired your Diplomacy ;)   
  • edited April 2015
    FAO Trev/Dale.... Seeing as I'm the diplomatic face of the Outlaws, allow me to retort. This is Sky poker. We all play for fun, and the team element adds to that. People will often go from one team to another, it's hardly a new concept. There is nothing keeping anyone tied down to a certain team. Did we go to Newcastle to try and poach people? No. We went to Newcastle to have a good time, and we very much succeeded in that respect. In fact, we were having such a good time that others often congregated around us. Of course we had an idea of people plying their trade elsewhere who might be quite a good fit for us, but ultimately we are all adults on the site and we have the capacity to make our own decisions. If people had their heads turned by us, then so be it. We are a very fun bunch, we don't take ourselves seriously, we are not ruled with an iron fist unlike others. We just play poker, drink beer and swear at each other. This clearly appeals to many, as we have some very big characters (and one massive diva) in the ranks. We shy away from the scramble of trying to sign new players, but if established players/forum contributors look at us and want in on the action, then so be it. This is nothing personal. TPT still have thriving numbers (just the other day you were complaining the team was too big!). As I said, we're all adults and you should respect the fact that people can make their own minds up regarding who they want to play for. Who knows, maybe one of ours will leave for TPT one day, and if that happened I'd wish them all the best, shame you can't do the same. See you in DTD on Monday.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    I can wish the leaving players all the best what I don't approve of is poaching players from other teams and I know I'm not alone in that.
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : I can wish the leaving players all the best what I don't approve of is poaching players from other teams and I know I'm not alone in that.
    Posted by FlyingDagg

Dale with respect.....

being one of the organisers on the newcastle event and taking time to try and get round everybody, it was clear to me that people were there to enjoy themselves. Now if this means that certain players from your ....or any team for that matter decide to chance to a new team as they felt more accepted and had more things in common with them, then that is a free world unfortunately.

I know certain people on here get stick for their views and forthright opinions and in some cases that is fully justified, HOWEVER IN THIS CASE IT IS NOT.

just to add one of your players and i'll mention no names as it's not fair, actually asked myself and one of the organisers if you were there as they had not spoken to you...... maybe that could be one root cause of decisions to go

I'm not trying to cause any arguments here, i'm just telling you what my observations were.

• edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : Dale with respect..... being one of the organisers on the newcastle event and taking time to try and get round everybody, it was clear to me that people were there to enjoy themselves. Now if this means that certain players from your ....or any team for that matter decide to chance to a new team as they felt more accepted and had more things in common with them, then that is a free world unfortunately. I know certain people on here get stick for their views and forthright opinions and in some cases that is fully justified, HOWEVER IN THIS CASE IT IS NOT. just to add one of your players and i'll mention no names as it's not fair, actually asked myself and one of the organisers if you were there as they had not spoken to you...... maybe that could be one root cause of decisions to go I'm not trying to cause any arguments here, i'm just telling you what my observations were.
    Posted by scouse_red
    bit below the belt that

newcastle not an easy place for many of us to get to - but very pleased it was so successful - well done to the organisers
    but let's be clear there was blatant poaching. one team, mentioning no names, has been enticing players away from other teams from day 1. and they continued to do that at Newcastle. it is totally out of order to have a go at TPT for having their members poached. sure everyone can make their own decisions but if anyone is to blame for the current situation it is the poacher

ps i've never met mr FlyingDagg. doesn't stop me looking up to him in admiration of the way he has helped run one of the most established teams on SkyPoker. and he was quite right to admonish me on occasions when i overstepped the mark in promoting TPT over other teams. 
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : bit below the belt that newcastle not an easy place for many of us to get to - but very pleased it was so successful - well done to the organisers but let's be clear there was blatant poaching. one team, mentioning no names, has been enticing players away from other teams from day 1. and they continued to do that at Newcastle. it is totally out of order to have a go at TPT for having their members poached. sure everyone can make their own decisions but if anyone is to blame for the current situation it is the poacher ps i've never met mr FlyingDagg. doesn't stop me looking up to him in admiration of the way he has helped run one of the most established teams on SkyPoker
    Posted by GELDY
    You were in Newcastle?
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : bit below the belt that newcastle not an easy place for many of us to get to - but very pleased it was so successful - well done to the organisers but let's be clear there was blatant poaching. one team, mentioning no names, has been enticing players away from other teams from day 1. and they continued to do that at Newcastle. it is totally out of order to have a go at TPT for having their members poached. sure everyone can make their own decisions but if anyone is to blame for the current situation it is the poacher ps i've never met mr FlyingDagg. doesn't stop me looking up to him in admiration of the way he has helped run one of the most established teams on SkyPoker. and he was quite right to admonish me on occasions when i overstepped the mark in promoting TPT over other teams. 
    Posted by GELDY

Hands up that's me, but it's hardly poaching drinking shedloadsa booze with people, having a laugh then asking if they want in :)

TBF I did you lot a favour by entertaining yr team all weekend ;) will give you Harry if you stop moaning at us!
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : bit below the belt that newcastle not an easy place for many of us to get to - but very pleased it was so successful - well done to the organisers but let's be clear there was blatant poaching. one team, mentioning no names, has been enticing players away from other teams from day 1. and they continued to do that at Newcastle. it is totally out of order to have a go at TPT for having their members poached. sure everyone can make their own decisions but if anyone is to blame for the current situation it is the poacher ps i've never met mr FlyingDagg. doesn't stop me looking up to him in admiration of the way he has helped run one of the most established teams on SkyPoker. and he was quite right to admonish me on occasions when i overstepped the mark in promoting TPT over other teams. 
    Posted by GELDY
    Name us, it's fine, but you're gonna have to explain yourself.
  • edited April 2015
    Geldyments, you seem unsettled ATM...

Would you like to join Outlaws? if I'm gunna do it, I was as well do it in 3's :)

*not laughing here at all* no Sir :)
  • edited April 2015
    Hi all,

I was really hoping this would not come to this, I was not in any way unhappy at TPT as has been suggested, I was also not forced in any way to change teams.

I simply wanted to, I have always got on with certain players and indeed it was tententen (one of the earliest outlaws) who introduced me to and encouraged me to get involved in the DTD games.

I really hope we can all put this behind us and just enjoy our poker.

Neil
  • edited April 2015
    Thursday Cashes

Main 
    Matt237037£35.39 + £45 Head Prizes4
    Mini
    Matt237041£6.34 + £6.22 Head Prizes3
    Big £5 BH @ 18:45
    Matt23706£38.89 + £1.88 Head Prizes1
  • edited April 2015
    Can I just say that I met up with the outlaws, along with Hitsquad and TKP at Newcastle.  I think I had a drink with members of each team, and got on well with one and all.

That was the whole idea of the weekend, meet up and have some fun.  The outlaws certainly did that with gusto.  I, along with others, enjoyed their company.  I can understand that the two players who have left the team, thought that the Outlaws(drunken rabble) were a better fit for them, and we have to respect that.

I wish both Neil and Lee all the best, I enjoyed meeting you guys at Newcastle, and hope you enjoy being part of the Outlaws(drunken rabble).

• edited April 2015
    Came 3rd in fosp hi lo thingy.SolarCarro1800001£45suzy66602£30jjjach03£18smg197404£15safc7105£12Any2Suited06£9.75
  • edited April 2015
    Came 3rd in fosp hi lo thingy. SolarCarro 180000 1 £45 suzy666 0 2 £30 jjjach 0 3 £18 smg1974 0 4 £15 safc71 0 5 £12 Any2Suited 0 6 £9.75
    Posted by jjjach
    Very well done JJ, not an easy field.
  • edited April 2015
    Can I just say that I met up with the outlaws, along with Hitsquad and TKP at Newcastle.  I think I had a drink with members of each team, and got on well with one and all. That was the whole idea of the weekend, meet up and have some fun.  The outlaws certainly did that with gusto.  I, along with others, enjoyed their company.  I can understand that the two players who have left the team, thought that the Outlaws(drunken rabble) were a better fit for them, and we have to respect that. I wish both Neil and Lee all the best, I enjoyed meeting you guys at Newcastle, and hope you enjoy being part of the Outlaws(drunken rabble).
    Posted by 67Bhoys
    Appreciate the post Craig. Enjoyed a beer not only with yourself, but also Dale and Keith (1960), and of course Jimi and RLT.

Great weekend and here's to the next one.