You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes

Comments

• edited April 2015
    Used my £5 free bet on Bolton 1 Norwich 1. Final score 1-2 90th minute goal grrrrrrrrrrrr.
  • edited April 2015
    67Bhoys25260001£200pluto64902£120WMCOOK03£80flyrod04£60
    1st out of 842 runners in the National freeroll, 300 fell at beachers, 300 at the chair, 200 at foinavon, 40 at the water, and 1 at the last.  I cruised past the elbow whip held aloft.
  • edited April 2015
    WD wheels  nice cashe.Ul Dale on your bet.Wd bhoys great stuff nice cash and win.Love the horse thing about freeroll.You been on the whiskey by any chance....
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes:
    WD wheels  nice cashe.Ul Dale on your bet.Wd bhoys great stuff nice cash and win.Love the horse thing about freeroll.You been on the whiskey by any chance....
    Posted by jjjach
    Chertinely nut!
  • edited April 2015
    satted into the 10k vegas QF again
    ty for the rail rose, angel, don, jj
    with a finale from trev & mick & matt maybe
    taken as cash = £240

HAYSIE15692.501£10k Vegas Semi
    cazzie5811657.502£10k Vegas Semi
    GELDY86503£10k Vegas Semi
  • edited April 2015
    Great results this week all - long may it continue.

I managed to convert my seat in Vegas qtr final to a seat into the Vegas Final for 25th April - I'm so excited I could burst lol.  I've now managed to get down to the last 12 to win seat to that Final - now I just have to learn to get down to the last 5 so I can go on an aeroplance lol.

Run golden TPTers - you're a fab bunch xxx
  • edited April 2015
    first few games back after smashing the laptop!

£500 b/h
    mickzilla03£24.51 + £16.43 Head Prizes

gl all
  • edited April 2015
    Cash in the 7.15 Deepy
    POKERTREV 0 4 £17.24
    Thanks for the rail jjach & Mickzilla

Well done 67 & Geldy
  • edited April 2015
    WD geldy great stuff again.WD rose your queen of the sats.WD trev and mick nice cashes guys.
  • edited April 2015
     Scraped a ft in the £8.80 freezeout

Jeffter06£31.72
    W/D Rose & Geldy on your vegas efforts and w/d all you cashers
  • edited April 2015
    wow wall to wall cashes great effort guys n gals vwp all.

my efforts tonight

£5 1.5k bh LmfaoAllin03£69.84 + £56.47 Head Prizes18

£5 £500 bh LmfaoAllin08£13.39 + £17.46 Head Prizes5
    £11 £500bh bubbled this 1 but took enough heads to double my money LmfaoAllin013£22.50 Head Prizes6£12.65
    also bubbled early main semi sat, well not quite bubble got double me money but bubbled the seats, was playing it sensible keeping my head above water with 3 of us low when picked up kk on the button it folded round to me I 2 1/2 x bb raise sb folded bb who was big stack shoved n showed AA gg...should I have folded as still wouldn't of been small stack? would be interested on your opinion's as there seem to be some v successful sat players on here LmfaoAllin07£13.20
  • edited April 2015
    generally on the bubble in a sat you fold to any shove from a bigger stack - even if you have AA - if there is a good chance you can get to a win otherwise. if your situation is more desperate that you need to take a chance somewhere then clearly KK on the button is under-repped and a call might make sense, but only if desperate.
  • edited April 2015
    Need to see other stack sizes really. Prefer open shove than r/c
  • edited April 2015
    Thank you Geldy appreciate the advice. its a big leak in my game in general tbh, I find it very hard to fold QQ KK pre flop.

So I have been wanting to learn plo8 for a while now and this morning thought would give it a go on in the form of dym's, bust out early in my 1st attempt, sorry 67boys wasn't being rude the table shut down as soon as I bust, I then bubbled my next attempt and miraculously cashed in my 3rd!!! so by my rational at this rate of progression I will be challenging ajmilton aka the champ in no time at all!!!! oh wait a minute I forgot it was onlt a 50p dym : ( maybe im getting a little carried away...really enjoyed it tho and look forward to my next go so fyi extra value at the micro stakes plo8 dym's atm ; )
    LmfaoAllin526.253£1
  • edited April 2015
    WD jeffter and lmaoallin nice cashes.Gl at the tables guys.
  • edited April 2015
    speed b/hunter 14.45 12/4/15
    rifles5560300001£7.50 + £7.49 Head Prizes5£2.61WHEELS716102£4.50 + £1.88 Head Prizes2 
  • edited April 2015
    Thank you Geldy appreciate the advice. its a big leak in my game in general tbh, I find it very hard to fold QQ KK pre flop. So I have been wanting to learn plo8 for a while now and this morning thought would give it a go on in the form of dym's, bust out early in my 1st attempt, sorry 67boys wasn't being rude the table shut down as soon as I bust, I then bubbled my next attempt and miraculously cashed in my 3rd!!! so by my rational at this rate of progression I will be challenging ajmilton aka the champ in no time at all!!!! oh wait a minute I forgot it was onlt a 50p dym : ( maybe im getting a little carried away...really enjoyed it tho and look forward to my next go so fyi extra value at the micro stakes plo8 dym's atm ; ) LmfaoAllin 526.25 3 £1
    Posted by LmfaoAllin
    Hi mate, if you have any questions regarding PLO8, just post on here, I'm sure myself, JJ, Pom or Geldy could probably give some sort of advice.
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : Hi mate, if you have any questions regarding PLO8, just post on here, I'm sure myself, JJ, Pom or Geldy could probably give some sort of advice.
    Posted by 67Bhoys
    Hi 67 - I see you did not include me the names which could offer advice on PLO8........

Being one of the very best PLO8 players in the world - I myself can also offer advice too. the only reason I do not play PLO8 at the the mo is because I would crush every game and unfortunately we eventually run out of customers....:)

If anyone wants to make any money......take my advice......

Don't invent something that completely eradicates the problem....invent something that controls the problem, that way your customer database will always continue to grow.

Anyway.....as one of the worlds greatest PLO8 Players in the world (bar Tikay) I will see you all for a PLO8 game on Wednesday 8pm sharp (Higher or Lower?)
  • edited April 2015
    Thanks Matt sorry didn't see your post till after replied to geldy, took about an hour writing it in-between hands lol. cant remember exact stack sizes apart from what I said in OP, 3 of us lower stacks 3 big stacks and 2 inbetween, obv on 2 tables, I think the bottom line is I still wouldn't of been small stack if I had of folded so it should of been a fold regardless of holding, although I have to say not sure if im disciplined enough to fold AA in this or any spot lol but am working on that, amongst many!!, holes leaks and general degenerate plays in my game lolol.

Just took down the 2pm £11 bh...was very dominant the whole way through which I was very pleased with, I often build up a good stack early/mid stages then kinda sit back a little and by the time it gets to last few tables im down the mid pack but really put my chips to use here. the hu was epic battle about an hour I think, should of been over lot quicker I had 116k v 19k and picked up KK with him betting in to me big it all went in v his 88 and he flopped a set, still had a decent chip lead until my TPTK got done over by a funky 2 pair Doyle Brunson would of been proud of,10 2 os, which put me down to 9k but with extreme aggression an a bit of luck doubled up 3 times in 6 hands then the hand that saved him early on,88, was his undoing v my qk s gg LmfaoAllin1380001£103.50 + £93.67 Head Prizes11£27.16
  • edited April 2015
    Thanks 67 and Trev appreciate that guys. its nice to be constantly learning again, not saying im still not learning with holdem but it can sometimes be a bit automatic with easy(ier) decision's. where as with plo8 im constantly having to apply myself.

Tbh any and all advice would be welcome as im still not totally sure of what constitutes good starting holdings to raise with pre, atm I find myself limping in a lot to try and get a feel of it, pathetic I know!!

Think ill be on the 50p dyms for a long while yet, of course all advice is welcome and maybe after a few months on the tables ill actually understand said advice!!

So im off to my live Sunday night game soon, good luck to every one playing tonight TPT FTW

Regards James
  • edited April 2015
    THIS WEEKS MTT TOTAL   £2556.72

GRAND TOTAL               £51,093.94

2014  £155,108.92

• edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : Hi 67 - I see you did not include me the names which could offer advice on PLO8........ Being one of the very best PLO8 players in the world - I myself can also offer advice too. the only reason I do not play PLO8 at the the mo is because I would crush every game and unfortunately we eventually run out of customers....:) If anyone wants to make any money......take my advice...... Don't invent something that completely eradicates the problem....invent something that controls the problem, that way your customer database will always continue to grow. Anyway.....as one of the worlds greatest PLO8 Players in the world (bar Tikay) I will see you all for a PLO8 game on Wednesday 8pm sharp (Higher or Lower?)
    Posted by POKERTREV
    I look forward to observing and learning from such a great master of the 4 card game!
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : I look forward to observing and learning from such a great master of the 4 card game!
    Posted by 67Bhoys
    We have to have 4 cards??? Geeze, that makes it even easier :)
  • edited April 2015
    satted into the 10k vegas QF again ty for the rail rose, angel, don, jj with a finale from trev & mick & matt maybe taken as cash = £240 HAYSIE 15692.50 1 £10k Vegas Semi cazzie58 11657.50 2 £10k Vegas Semi GELDY 8650 3 £10k Vegas Semi
    Posted by GELDY

Well done Geldy :) 
  • edited April 2015
    Hi dont know if should post here or not but here goes.

I've been threatened under pain of death may I say.......not to join any other team but TPT by irishrose!! I know a few of you already or have railed you on the tables, geldy and rspca12 maybe even pokertrev..............so am taking the large leap. Fairly new to sky poker so please don't expect miracles if I am accepted. Thanks for reading, hope to see you on the tables.
  • edited April 2015
    Thanks 67 and Trev appreciate that guys. its nice to be constantly learning again, not saying im still not learning with holdem but it can sometimes be a bit automatic with easy(ier) decision's. where as with plo8 im constantly having to apply myself. Tbh any and all advice would be welcome as im still not totally sure of what constitutes good starting holdings to raise with pre, atm I find myself limping in a lot to try and get a feel of it, pathetic I know!! Think ill be on the 50p dyms for a long while yet, of course all advice is welcome and maybe after a few months on the tables ill actually understand said advice!! So im off to my live Sunday night game soon, good luck to every one playing tonight TPT FTW Regards James
    Posted by LmfaoAllin
    Good starting hands in Omaha should be connected in some way, ideally with at least one high flush draw, and a high pair.  That way you can flop straight, flush and house draws. an example would be

Ad As Kd Qh

If the Queen was a spade, then you would have an even better hand with 2 flush draws.

In PLO8, there is always a high hand, but not always a low hand, so you should be primarily playing to win the high hand.  Your low hand should always be considered secondary. However in PLO8 you are looking for a starting hand that would ideally give you a chance of winning both.  Therefore the best starting hands would be

A A 2 3 with the Aces suited to the low cards e.g. Ad Ah 2d 3h
    A K 2 3 double suited is also a premium starting hand.

Rainbow cards in your starting hand reduce your chances, because you cannot have a flush draw.  A A 2 3 rainbow therefore is a great low drawing hand, but not as strong as you would think for the high.

Be careful if you only have two low cards in your hand, as they may be counterfeited if one of them arrives on the board.  E.g. if you have A 2 K J, with either the ace or King being suited, you have a good starting hand for the high, and initially for the low, however if an A or 2 comes on the flop, turn or river, they negate the card in your hand for the low.  This would mean that you would need 4 separate low cards(8 or under) on the board to even make a low.

Betting comes with experience, but halved pots, quarter pots, etc, makes calculating your odds slightly more tricky than in holdem.  My rule of thumb is that if there are 2 different low cards on the flop, then I assume the majority of the time, that there will be a low hand.  At this point, you should half the pot into the high pot and the low pot.  if you only have a chance of the high, or if you only have a chance of the low, you should disregard half the pot when calculating your odds.  If the turn does not bring a separate low, then I usually re-evaluate the chances of a low card arriving on the river.

I hope this helps you with your pre-flop and post- flop betting James.

I'm sure Trev would have been more informative, but he must be too busy crushing PLO8 on Stars or summit.

I'm sure once you have played a few DYMs, you will get a feel for it, if you have any other questions, just post them on here.  If Trev doesn't answer them, I'm sure one of us lesser mortals will be able to help.

• edited May 2015
    Just a quick update, I try to think of the low hands as a five figure sum, the lowest figure being the best.

54,321 being the best

87,654 being the worst

there are five different six high hands available, so even if you have a six low, it may not be the 2nd nuts.

64,321 2nd Nut low
  • edited April 2015
    Poker should only be played with 2 cards
  • edited April 2015
    Poker should only be played with 2 cards
    Posted by Matt237
    Thats called "Snap" m8

Even Holdem uses 5 cards to make a hand :)