You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

BH

2»

Comments

• edited August 2011
    In Response to Re::
    In Response to Re: BH : So when he folds its bad, you had the best hand How do you know when he flats he doesnt have an A or better? If he doesnt do you think he calls a turn shove If he raises I would think we have to fold, but he could easily shove a flush draw. Imo check/raise is by far the worst option, especially as our read is there is a big chance hes bluffing. If you know he flats with worse far more often than he folds or raises it might be fine, but I dont think we do
    Posted by grantorino
    agreed, raising at any point as played would have been v.bad imo
    @lambert .. i shouldn't just bet because i hit, i know what you're saying but i felt adapting to my villains bluffing tendencies by checking would be a more profitable approach ... if i bet every time i hit poker would be an easy game, as soon as i checked the flop and he bet, i was 90% sure i was good ... so i wasn't folding, i had a plan and i stuck to it, looking back maybe betting would have been better, but imo it's either the way i played it, or i should have cbet, there's no way with the reads i had i was ever folding as played, and i could definitely never ever raise

• edited August 2011
    In Response to Re::
    In Response to Re: BH : So when he folds its bad, you had the best hand How do you know when he flats he doesnt have an A or better? If he doesnt do you think he calls a turn shove If he raises I would think we have to fold, but he could easily shove a flush draw. Imo check/raise is by far the worst option, especially as our read is there is a big chance hes bluffing. If you know he flats with worse far more often than he folds or raises it might be fine, but I dont think we do
    Posted by grantorino
    Well it's easy to say that but for but lets say (obviously hypothetical) the board is Jh Th 4s. You've got 34 of clubs and your oppponent has KQ hearts. Well you're ahead so you don't want him to fold? No of course you want him to fold because there are just far too many ways he can beat you.

Well as I said, I'd much prefer leading out myself and not check raising, but I didn't play the hand.

To be honest, I'm still very new in my opinion to taking poker alot more seriously, so I'm still learning (as we all are), but I sense you and percival are a fair bit more experienced than myself. Perhaps I'm being a bit naive in my approach to this hand and to be fair probably being very results orientated because any river other than the Q and it's went perfect.