You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Only idiots on sky poker would call this huge raise pre flop.

2»

Comments

• edited August 2011
    Well my 2 pence worth ( and thats prob all it is worth ) is that as the hand played out the way it did the only hand that really deserved to win was the A 10 xx
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Only idiots on sky poker would call this huge raise pre flop.:
    Well my 2 pence worth ( and thats prob all it is worth ) is that as the hand played out the way it did the only hand that really deserved to win was the A 10 xx
    Posted by debdobs_67
    Deserved to win? Now there's an abstract concept . . .
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Only idiots on sky poker would call this huge raise pre flop.:
    In Response to Re: Only idiots on sky poker would call this huge raise pre flop. : Deserved to win? Now there's an abstract concept . . .
    Posted by Goethe
    Well all of the (AGGRESSION) was by the A 10 hand , and its aggression that wins hands supposedly , especially when the other player has a pile of poo xx
  • edited August 2011
    stokefc Small blind  75.00 75.00 6540.00
    swordsyboy Big blind  150.00 225.00 4550.00
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • K

TREMAYNE Raise  450.00 675.00 2095.00
    tait2383 Call  450.00 1125.00 2832.50
    yCall  450.00 1575.00 3907.50
    FLOSSY1971 Fold     
    stokefc Fold     
    swordsyboy Fold     
    Flop

• K

TREMAYNE Bet  150.00 1725.00 1945.00
    tait2383 Fold     
    All-in  3907.50 5632.50 0.00
    TREMAYNE All-in  1945.00 7577.50 0.00
    yUnmatched bet  1812.50 5765.00 1812.50
    TREMAYNE Show
    • Q
    • K

yShow

Turn

River

TREMAYNE Win Two Pairs, Kings and 10s 5765.00  5765.00
    You have to love these fools !
  • edited August 2011
    Im actually more suprised that didnt come 23. You got exceptionally lucky with that suck out
  • edited August 2011
    I like how everyone is slating the play of the player making a raise, and hardly anyone has mentioned the awful calls of the player with K3. Sky community just like to slate anyone who posts in the area 51 lol
    Posted by Gavinxxxx
    Thank you Gavin. Someone with a bit of frickin sense. Why can people not just accept my explanation. I NEVER play hands like this, I played it this way ONE TIME because of how my OPPONENT and played previously in the tournament. Idiots get rewarded and it's sickening.
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Only idiots on sky poker would call this huge raise pre flop. : Thank you Gavin. Someone with a bit of frickin sense. Why can people not just accept my explanation. I NEVER play hands like this, I played it this way ONE TIME because of how my OPPONENT and played previously in the tournament. Idiots get rewarded and it's sickening.
    Posted by avfcalex
    IF YA READ MY LAST POST ABOVE YA WOULD SEE THAT I WAS ON URE SIDE MATE XX
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Only idiots on sky pokerwould call this huge raise pre flop. : Thank you Gavin. Someone with a bit of frickin sense. Why can people not just accept my explanation. I NEVER play hands like this, I played it this way ONE TIME because of how my OPPONENT and played previously in the tournament. Idiots get rewarded and it's sickening.
    Posted by avfcalex
    You made the mistake as you say above.!  "Why blame your Opponent by trying to justify your decision to play the hand in the first place and then not excepting the result".?  Why call him or her the Idiot and not you.  Only one rule, play to your rule or your an Idiot. Its not who's right it's who's left. This is Poker after all.!  my two halfpennies.fwiw Hugs xx
  • edited August 2011
    Dave, i don't know how to explain my play. I never usually play hands like this, i played it because he was the last to act and he'd been calling everything previous. Literally everything. I knew my AT would be good, if he'd somehow hit good and i'd run into kings or something than it's fair enough, but he didn't he had K3 and still called my flop shove, which was a further massive amount to call. Even after completely missing the flop, with just king high he called it.
    Posted by avfcalex
    yep get your point.......its just preflop 4xbb does the same as 11xbb....
    then you pushed the flop...and if you saw his cards i think you would do the same thing...so as they say(you cant be results orientated)so actually the shove was a good move(read?).

you just cant legislate for people who call with nothing on that flop.

the only reason for calling(and again ive done this) is..."balls ive lost most
    of my chips,might as well call and start another game"

gl.dave
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Only idiots on sky poker would call this huge raise pre flop. : You made the mistake as you say above.!  "Why blame your Opponent by trying to justify your decision to play the hand in the first place and then not excepting the result".?  Why call him or her the Idiot and not you.  Only one rule, play to your rule or your an Idiot. Its not who's right it's who's left. This is Poker after all.!  my two halfpennies.fwiw Hugs xx
    Posted by logdon
    Well for starters,he didn't say he made a mistake.He raised on the BB with A10s after
    his opponent limped into it,nowt wrong with that imo.then pushed all in after that flop.As 
    the OP stated "he was playing the opponent,not the cards"and in this instance,he was
    spot on.yet the guy still called with total junk,then got super lucky imo.
    What the guy doesn't need is LOSING players coming on with quotes they read
    on the back of a cornlakes box or somewhere trying to give him advice.
    fwiw you should have kept your two halfpennies.
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Only idiots on sky poker would call this huge raise pre flop. : Thank you Gavin. Someone with a bit of frickin sense. Why can people not just accept my explanation. I NEVER play hands like this, I played it this way ONE TIME because of how my OPPONENT and played previously in the tournament. Idiots get rewarded and it's sickening.
    Posted by avfcalex
    Mistake to play it one time.        yes in hindsight    Mistake during play no   Which pacifier does he need to ease the pain of losing the hand.   Not telling anyone how to play clever clogs,   just saying live with your losses. This is after all Area51 not Poker Clinic. !
  • edited August 2011
    not a mistake on this site sadly
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Only idiots on sky poker would call this huge raise pre flop. : Well for starters,he didn't say he made a mistake.He raised on the BB with A10s after his opponent limped into it,nowt wrong with that imo.then pushed all in after that flop.As  the OP stated "he was playing the opponent,not the cards"and in this instance,he was spot on.yet the guy still called with total junk,then got super lucky imo. What the guy doesn't need is LOSING players coming on with quotes they read on the back of a cornlakes box or somewhere trying to give him advice. fwiw you should have kept your two halfpennies.
    Posted by igimc
    The most sense i've read this entire thread. thank you for understanding.
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Only idiots on sky poker would call this huge raise pre flop. : you said it yourself "tester bet"? if it was a tester bet and he called 11xbb could he not have had aa.kk.qq? so to then shove the flop is asking for trouble imo(for what it worth i used to shove a dry flop a lot) and its not a +ev play. then you say you shoved the flop "because you see an ace on turn or river more than 20% of the time".........madness. surely the real point is........you over raised with a suited ace....missed then shoved in the hope of hitting or getting the guy to fold...... rubbish preflop play......over agressive(but somtimes a winning move) flop play............ no offence intended..............i have......and still do play hands terribly. gl,dave
    Posted by DAVEYZZ

dave. u r forgeting the guy called with K3 and missed also. then calls the all in with K high...

so he was leading from the start of the hand and as usual the chit hand wins...

not unexpected..  had many against me. many who chase gut shot for more that that..

he was leading. do not question his play.  the caller should be questioned...   for calling with K high..
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Only idiots on sky poker would call this huge raise pre flop. : Don't think there's been too much slating, just contributors pointing out the high risk nature of how the OP played this hand. I think it's all down to expectations? Reading through again, I think (just my view) the OP had an expectation of either winning the hand, or the opponent folding. To expect to win a hand on the odds discussed above by committing pre-flop is being optimistic, and to expect the opponent to fold just because of the subsequent shove is a little naive - sure he was flying a kite, but many do; pure gambling, rather than basing a call on a sound knowledge of he probabilities. If the expectation had been along the lines of I know I had a marginal non-paired hand, but shoved on the basis that if I was called with another marginal non-paired hand it'd be a coin flip - with the loser saying Aufwiedersehen - then I suspect that he probably wouldn't even have started this thread, as he would have just shrugged his shoulders. Thinking of expectations, how many players will play through with something like 4,5s? Those suited connectors do look great don't they, and can turn into something big?
    Posted by Goethe

you talk about ppl reading the game.i would love to see these ppl who watch the tables each hand(THEY DONT) they will make calls with stupid hands that should be auto fold...

there are too many ppl who play on here that do not see past their hold cards... and the flop..   they dont know that u might holkd bigger that what they see.  then they call and hit ..

too many times have i seen this and lost to these ppl...

i must recently had a good day where it was happening to someone else instead of me, therefore i was winning the dyms. but now today i seem to have found these ppl again and i am getting hit by the stupid callers hitting str8 flush and fh from miles behind

it is easy to criticise ppl play. but we have all chased for cards at some point, called from behind and won..

the thing that makes me lol is when u dont play a hand for 30 mins and make a nice raise and get called by chit...   all because they have not been watching the game...

• edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Only idiots on sky poker would call this huge raise pre flop. : dave. u r forgeting the guy called with K3 and missed also. then calls the all in with K high... so he was leading from the start of the hand and as usual the chit hand wins... not unexpected..  had many against me. many who chase gut shot for more that that.. he was leading. do not question his play.  the caller should be questioned...   for calling with K high..
    Posted by bigal36903
    not sure if you missunderstood me but having thought it out as him playing the player i thought his push on the flop was an ok move although it is a bad play in the long run as people will just not let bottom pair go(or k3 in this case)so yes the guy should of folded but the preflop raise was just mad and the push on flop just ok.............and the k3 call just ridiculous....