You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Presenters have fun!

edited October 2009 in Poker Chat

Great night tonight!

Sarah Champion did PTP, ran very well & accumulated a big stack in the tikay Sleepie, then played Cash, with a huge Rail!

Rich Orford, off duty, played the tikay Sleepie & the 7,30 Deepie, & ran deep in both, making the Final in the 7.30 £22 Deepie, playing just great.

And Lisa Marie Long, off duty, but playing for experience, Finalled in the 156 Runner 9.30 BH, after being Chip mummy at several times. Her Exit Hand was KK v JJ - The Jacks Quadded! 

She did brilliant, & like Sarah, she had a huge Rail cheering her on.

Rich & I had to manage with a Rail of Mere Novice & Greg Hogg, sigh. ;)

Delighted for Lisa, Sarah, & even Rich.

Very proud of all of them.

Comments

• edited October 2009
    Good stuff! Wd all
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to The Presenters have fun!:
    Great night tonight! Sarah Champion did PTP, ran very well & accumulated a big stack in the tikay Sleepie, then played Cash, with a huge Rail! Rich Orford, off duty, played the tikay Sleepie & the 7,30 Deepie, & ran deep in both, making the Final in the 7.30 £22 Deepie, playing just great. And Lisa Marie Long, off duty, but playing for experience, Finalled in the 156 Runner 9.30 BH, after being Chip mummy at several times. Her Exit Hand was KK v JJ - The Jacks Quadded!  She did brilliant, & like Sarah, she had a huge Rail cheering her on. Rich & I had to manage with a Rail of Mere Novice & Greg Hogg, sigh. ;) Delighted for Lisa, Sarah, & even Rich. Very proud of all of them.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I will mention this because tikay is far too modest, however, tikay won the 22 deepstack again! Even with hinderance from me and mere lol. Thats some feat.

The sky presenters are all great fun and it turns out they are not too bad at poker either!

What another great night of fun on the sky poker tables

• edited October 2009
  • edited October 2009
    Great night tonight! Sarah Champion did PTP, ran very well & accumulated a big stack in the tikay Sleepie, then played Cash, with a huge Rail! Rich Orford, off duty, played the tikay Sleepie & the 7,30 Deepie, & ran deep in both, making the Final in the 7.30 £22 Deepie, playing just great. And Lisa Marie Long, off duty, but playing for experience, Finalled in the 156 Runner 9.30 BH, after being Chip mummy at several times. Her Exit Hand was KK v JJ - The Jacks Quadded!  She did brilliant, & like Sarah, she had a huge Rail cheering her on. Rich & I had to manage with a Rail of Mere Novice & Greg Hogg, sigh. ;) Delighted for Lisa, Sarah, & even Rich. Very proud of all of them.
    Posted by Tikay10

... and some old guy won the 7:30 Deepie.
  • edited October 2009
    well played guys! Bubbled in the sleepstack myself - sigh - somebody has to! 
  • edited October 2009
    Loved playing tonight. Was my first time back after almost 2 weeks off the site- and I felt refreshed and on top of my game.

As Tikay mentioned I played two deepstacks: final tabled in one of them and came mighty close to final tabling in the other...which I thought was a pretty good achievement. Until that is, all the other presenters did even better!

Congrats to Lisa, Sarah and Tikay. Very impressive stuff.

PS- Seriously, if you want to know how to win a tournament- there's free lessons going every night in the deepstacks- just watch Tikay. He won the £22 again tonight and I've lost count of the number of final tables he's picked up in these events. Simply awesome.
  • edited October 2009
    Well done to all the presenters that made the cash tongiht.  Was a fun table in tikay sleepstack before I managed to do the near-impossible and out-donk the table donk.  Look forward to next weeks tikay sleepstack, which is by far the best 10 seat tournie that sky runs :)
  • edited October 2009
    Hi tikay

Had the absolute pleasure in railing you all, and congratulations to you all for the cashes and win.
  • edited October 2009
    Well done to all.

I must admit im going to have to try a deepie at somepoint i think it would suit my style of play better than alot of the faster games im used to entring.
  • edited October 2009
    Posted by Tikay10
     Well done all!!

Why the need for this thread? Did some low life say the presenters dont run at a profit about a month ago? ha ha ha.. Well done guys and gals.  See you all in Manchester! Cant wait
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: The Presenters have fun!:
    Well done to all. I must admit im going to have to try a deepie at somepoint i think it would suit my style of play better than alot of the faster games im used to entring.
    Posted by The_Don90
    Not wrong - more & more players are realising that Deepies are wholly different to the Faster Tourneys many of you are used to, & which seem to be all that players think Sky Poker offer. Neither is better or worse, just different, & it's horses for courses.

Give one of the Deepies a try - there's a 6 seater selection from £2.20, through all price ranges up to £110, & there is a nightly 10 Seater (Monday, 6 Seater) at 7pm, where the buy-in ranges from £3.30 up to £11. The 7pm jobbie is much faster structure (but identical 5k starting stack) than those that run at 15 minutes past every hour.

To cash, or win, the "15 minutes past the Hour" Deepies regularly, you just need.....

1) Abundant patience. Ignore all the helter-skelter boys playing every hand & bluffing early doors - they all exit early.

2) A basic competence at the technical skiils that poker requires - they are very straightforward.

3) Luck.

Hope to see you in a few Deepies Mr Don.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to The Presenters have fun! :  Well done all!!  Why the need for this thread? Did some low life say the presenters dont run at a profit about a month ago? ha ha ha.. Well done guys and gals.  See you all in Manchester! Cant wait
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Lol, behave!

It's what it says on the tin. Lisa & Sarah had a little session in the Office on Tuesday to learn the Website ropes, & last night was the sort of "live Test" of what they had learned.

As any of the Railers will confirm, it was one of the most fun nights we've ever had on Sky Poker, & I was beaming with pride at how the girls conducted themselves. Even after Lisa's exit hand - KK v Jacks which quadded up, she was gracious in what must have been a bitterly disappointing bad-beat.

I was so thrilled with how they did, I wrote to the Sky Suits, too.

I think Lisa plans to be OnLine again tonight, actually.

It's good to be proud of our little Team, & I am.

See you tonight fella.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: The Presenters have fun! : Lol, behave! It's what it says on the tin. Lisa & Sarah had a little session in the Office on Tuesday to learn the Website ropes, & last night was the sort of "live Test" of what they had learned. As any of the Railers will confirm, it was one of the most fun nights we've ever had on Sky Poker, & I was beaming with pride at how the girls conducted themselves. Even after Lisa's exit hand - KK v Jacks which quadded up, she was gracious in what must have been a bitterly disappointing bad-beat. I was so thrilled with how they did, I wrote to the Sky Suits, too. I think Lisa plans to be OnLine again tonight, actually. It's good to be proud of our little Team, & I am. See you tonight fella.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi tikay

I think youll find Lisa is online now, just bin railing her :) and congrats on last night m8

You in the deepy, or are you "Take on"?
  • edited October 2009
    good stuff well done the presenters.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: The Presenters have fun! : Hi tikay I think youll find Lisa is online now, just bin railing her :) and congrats on last night m8 You in the deepy, or are you "Take on"?
    Posted by acebarry10
    No, I'm not working tonight, I'm having a few days rest, before my re-union with Lord Smirk on Sunday's Show.

So yes, I'll be Online in the Deepies tonight!
  • edited October 2009
    good stuff well done the presenters.
    Posted by RichiSwift
    Thanks Rich - the emphasis is on "Presenters".

It's not always realised that there is a huge difference between Presenters & Analysts.

Analysts are expected to be able to play a bit. My Thread was specifically to say well done to the Presenters.

"Presenting" a Show is an incredibly tough gig, & the Presenters are chosen for Presenting skills, rather than poker ability. See, for example, Rich Orford. ;)
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: The Presenters have fun! : Presenters are chosen for Presenting skills, rather than poker ability. See, for example, Rich Orford. ;)
    Posted by Tikay10
    ...whereas poker analysts are chosen for their poker ability, rather than their looks. See, for example...etc

PS- Might be in the Deepstacks again tonight!
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: The Presenters have fun! : Thanks Rich - the emphasis is on "Presenters". It's not always realised that there is a huge difference between Presenters & Analysts. Analysts are expected to be able to play a bit. My Thread was specifically to say well done to the Presenters. "Presenting" a Show is an incredibly tough gig, & the Presenters are chosen for Presenting skills, rather than poker ability. See, for example, Rich Orford. ;)
    Posted by Tikay10
    Tikay, i consider you as both a presenter and an analyst, a bit like Norman Pace. (you present "In Poker" for example) Is Norman coming back by the way?

You are multiskilled innit

• edited October 2009

God Bless you Rich.

I cast a little bait, & there you were, within moments, back of the net.

See you later I hope. And I promise not to make any spite calls with K-9 tonight. Promise myself tht is - you musta loved it!
  • edited October 2009
    Yeah a very well done to all of the presenters last night.Also to the ANALYST as well.Might have to start a petition soon to get you TIKAY banned from the deepies.YOU ARE FAR TO GOOD.Really though well done mate.TOP BLOKE AND ALWAYS THE GENT.
  • edited October 2009
    . And I promise not to make any spite calls with K-9 tonight. Promise myself tht is - you musta loved it!
    Posted by Tikay10
    Did I induce you into calling off practically all your chips pre-flop with K-9 offsuit against my big suited Ace at approximately 9.31pm and 16 seconds on Table 7?

I'd forgotten all about it to be honest...
  • edited October 2009
    Posted by Tikay10
    Tk is the image in my head right in thinking that highlighted part was typed through gritted teeth?Also Well done to the all presenters.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to The Presenters have fun! : Tk is the image in my head right in thinking that highlighted part was typed through gritted teeth?Also Well done to the all presenters.
    Posted by JAMIEP
    You are entirely correct.

He did it AGAIN tonight - 4th in the 7.30 Deepie!

What is the world coming to?

He's gonna be unbearable on Sunday's Show. I may have to throw a sickie.
  • edited October 2009
    Yeah a very well done to all of the presenters last night.Also to the ANALYST as well.Might have to start a petition soon to get you TIKAY banned from the deepies.YOU ARE FAR TO GOOD.Really though well done mate.TOP BLOKE AND ALWAYS THE GENT.
    Posted by dav1964
    Thank you Dav, thats very kind of you.

I've played poker at every Level, all over the world, Live & Online, but the guys on here are just the nuts, poker has never been so much fun for me. Low stakes, low risk, lots of laughs, & a little profit - it does not get better than that.

A bunch of us railed the Final of the 7.30 Deepie tonight, & I've not laughed so much in years - top blokes.

Lisa was Online again tonight too - boy oh boy, she has some Fan Club already!
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: The Presenters have fun! : You are entirely correct. He did it AGAIN tonight - 4th in the 7.30 Deepie! What is the world coming to? He's gonna be unbearable on Sunday's Show. I may have to throw a sickie.
    Posted by Tikay10

... and I think that the same old codger cashed high in the 7pm deepstack again too.
    (It's rigged, I tell ya).

Seriously though, I played on some tables with Lisa-Marie this evening and can say that she is a fantastic representative of SkyPoker (as is Sarah). All we need now is for the blokes to up their game and things will be hunky-dory.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: The Presenters have fun! : You are entirely correct. He did it AGAIN tonight - 4th in the 7.30 Deepie! What is the world coming to? He's gonna be unbearable on Sunday's Show. I may have to throw a sickie.
    Posted by Tikay10

I would if i were you rumour has it a press conference has been arranged by *sir* rich for sunday night's show he may well let us in on his secret to his success lol.

• edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: The Presenters have fun! :   I would if i were you rumour has it a press conference has been arranged by *sir* rich for sunday night's show he may well let us in on his secret to his success lol.
    Posted by JAMIEP
    Here we go already. "Sir" Rich indeed. Pfft.
  • edited October 2009
    I played on some tables with Lisa-Marie this evening and can say that she is a fantastic representative of SkyPoker
    Posted by MereNovice
    Had a right laugh on the rail for a while. I think Lisa-Marie is quite possibly a bit bonkerers :)

• edited October 2009
    Tikay I think you and Rih should do a last longer bet in the £22 soon.. Forfit is the loser hs to wear women's clothes for the whole show, I remember you doing this ages ago, so so so funny, seeing Tikay in a dress pouring Rich a cup of tea!!!
  • edited October 2009
    Tikay I think you and Rih should do a last longer bet in the £22 soon.. Forfit is the loser hs to wear women's clothes for the whole show, I remember you doing this ages ago, so so so funny, seeing Tikay in a dress pouring Rich a cup of tea!!!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    +1 flash