You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The streak...

edited December 2009 in Poker Chat
... is over.

This is just a brag post really, but for those that are interested I lost out in a DYM at 3:26am this morning.
This ends a run of 14 straight games where I cashed.
What other long streaks have people had?

The exit hand was:
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
fabrab Small blind   25.00 25.00 2538.75
MereNovice Big blind   50.00 75.00 2235.00
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

Villain Call   50.00 125.00 2745.00
BNT Fold        
orrwolf Fold        
fabrab Call   25.00 150.00 2513.75
MereNovice Raise   200.00 350.00 2035.00
Villain Call   200.00 550.00 2545.00
  Fold        
Flop

• Q

MereNovice Bet   450.00 1000.00 1585.00
Villain Raise   1900.00 2900.00 645.00
MereNovice All-in   1585.00 4485.00 0.00
Villain Call   135.00 4620.00 510.00
Turn

River

MereNovice Show
  • A
  • A

Villain Show

Villain Win Flush to the Queen 4620.00   5130.00
This isn't a bad beat post - I've obviously handed out a fair few bad beats myself in a streak like that.

Comments

• edited October 2009
    My best in terms of DYM's has to be 6 straight cash-in. Lost it all within 24hours, emptying my entire bankroll. Once i was down to the last 30p my last 3 hands in a row where all Full Houses. Losing to quads once and two better full houses. Karma bit me back, and i got frustrated and chased alot, when i should have took a break for a day or two and then started to build a streak again.

My own fault.

Unlucky, you where never going to fold that in a month of Sundays, and you where only one Spade off beating the flush. Nice streak though.
  • edited October 2009
    A while ago i cashed in 8 DYMs in a row..... and ive never managed 2 better that since. Lovely run Merenovice well done
  • edited October 2009
    NICE WORK MR NOVICE. BROKE MY OWN STREAK LAST NIGHT WITH MY FIRST MTT CASHING IN A MONTH IS ANYONE ON A WORST RUN THAN THAT ?
  • edited October 2009
    My longest winning streak on DYM's is eleven. I managed this some months ago, I have been as close as nine on a couple of occassions since but never quited got there. I regularly get to 5 or 6.
    I like to click on the my account tab from time to time and smile when I see no red amounts just those nice black ones. I do tend to look at this really regularly as I tend to set my self a target of between 60 and 70% success rate,(you need at least 60% to break even on these, sometimes more depending on the rake) by having a quick look here, I can tell instantly if my last 10 games have reached that figure.

I have heard of a player reaching 17. He told me himself and trust me, I DO believe him and when I see him play he cashes in about 90%. Huge figure.

My current run stands at one loss! Now that's a streak I HATE to build up.

But none the less, well done mate, but don't feel you have to improve on that when I am sitting next to you!

By the way, 3.26am? Do you ever sleep???
  • edited October 2009
    At the moment i am on an unbeaten run of 10, which is not bad. Unfortunately is at the low levels so not making much. But winning a little is better than nothing
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: The streak...:
    At the moment i am on an unbeaten run of 10, which is not bad. Unfortunately is at the low levels so not making much. But winning a little is better than nothing
    Posted by Talon
    I used to play $24 SnG's on a different site.

I got HU 12 games in a row which was a decent run I feel!

Piece of CAKE you might say ;)
  • edited October 2009

"I do tend to look at this really regularly as I tend to set my self a target of between 60 and 70% success rate,(you need at least 60% to break even on these" Posted by Hale72

If the entry fee is 10% of the buy in, then you only need to win 55% of them to break even.

• edited October 2009

True, but some of the lower levels have a higher rake. Up to 15% on the real cheapies and I do like to turn a profit!

Ultimately, I was estimating the return as I only look at the last 10 games in my account to see my average percentage on these and, as such, it will only obviously give me percentages in multiples of ten. Hence the 60%.

• edited October 2009

dont some sites give you cash rewards if you can manage 6 top 6 finishes on the scary's? i think irish paddy offer something $2000 for 6 wins on the trot and $300 for 6 top 2 finishes

• edited October 2009
    dont some sites give you cash rewards if you can manage 6 top 6 finishes on the scary's? i think irish paddy offer something $2000 for 6 wins on the trot and $300 for 6 top 2 finishes
    Posted by webby234
    I looked into this elsewhere but there is a much larger rake to pay to compensate for this and the general internet concensous was it was not worth the extra rake.

Impossible to implement on DYM'S though as once the bubble bursts at's all in time for most players so a player who is aiming for this only has to sit tight.
  • edited October 2009

Ah, I see what you mean Hale.

I only posted because my target is 60% because it means I'm making a profit. Anything more I consider a bonus.

(I usually only play £10+).

• edited October 2009

I too aim for 60% as a minimum really, 50% means you are at a loss and 55% is the break even point. At the levels I play, 70% is tough but possible.

I do tend to look at the my account section regularly and it gives a rolling average and if I see it drop then I tend to have a day or so's break to refresh the mind.

• edited October 2009
    I have just come off a streak of six cashes in a row with 2 straight losses.
    No luck at all tonight.
    I will come back fresh tomorrow to start another streak.
  • edited October 2009
    13 consecutive DYM cashes for me back in May/June this year. And GregHogg witnessed the moment the run came to an end. Some might say he jinxed me.

Then again, I've had a pretty similar run of losses as well :(

• edited October 2009
    13 consecutive DYM cashes for me back in May/June this year. And GregHogg witnessed the moment the run came to an end. Some might say he jinxed me. Then again, I've had a pretty similar run of losses as well :(
    Posted by RichOrford
    Nice one.

I don't believe everything that Tikay says - that run of SnG losses can't have exceeded 50 surely??? :-)
  • edited October 2009
    I once ran down the length of a football pitch naked,does this count? LOL
  • edited October 2009
    I once ran down the length of a football pitch naked,does this count? LOL
    Posted by dav1964
    I'm staggered that it's taken this long for someone to post that.
  • edited October 2009
    In the space of 32 games (3.30 DYM) i had 2 streaks of 9 and a third streak of 10 :) so 28/32 cashes, 87.5%
    Currently on a 6 game winning streak.
  • edited October 2009
    Im back to winning ways, cashed four in a row now(admittedly the first of that was the freeroll last night) and followed by 3 DYM's. Long may it continue.

It appears im folding just at the right time every hand just now, betting the right amount, or just plain hitting. Bit of luck last night to keep me in the freeroll with my pocket queens hitting a bigger stack who had pocket aces both all-in pre-flop, and the turn brought me a queen. Other than that everytime i fold seems to be the right move.

Roll on.
  • edited October 2009
    well theres my streak over. Had pocket 10's on BB 4 callers so raised to 150, then one of them went all in i called naturally, he had J,5 and hit both :(
  • edited October 2009
    I know this will hold no interest for 99.99% of people who read it but my current streak stands at an unbeaten 20 cashes in dym. Credit must go where it is due though because most of my cashes have not come from good play by me but from insanely stupid plays by others.If only this streak were at the £10 level and not the 50p
  • edited October 2009
    Talon i agree with that, it was a play like that that starts a few of mine, gets my confidence back on track and i feel more confident in the better cards i loosen up, and then loose it all.

I just wish i had enough BR to play a £10 DYM lol
  • edited October 2009
    Oh well it is all over now on the 22nd game. I bubbled. Running short on chips pushed with QJ called by K10. No bad beats just run into a better hand. It was fun while it lasted
  • edited October 2009
    Oh well it is all over now on the 22nd game. I bubbled. Running short on chips pushed with QJ called by K10. No bad beats just run into a better hand. It was fun while it lasted
    Posted by Talon
    I'm very impressed. That's the target for everyone to aim at.
  • edited October 2009
    ah thats unlucky, but like you said sometimes you push and walk into better.

Well done on a massive run however
  • edited October 2009

That's some run Mere, very well done, though devalued somewhat by the fact that Lord Smirk once managed it - how, I shall never know.

And well done Talon - that's extraordinary.
  • edited October 2009
    13 consecutive DYM cashes for me back in May/June this year. And GregHogg witnessed the moment the run came to an end. Some might say he jinxed me. Then again, I've had a pretty similar run of losses as well :(
    Posted by RichOrford
    Ill think you will find i knocked you out!

I won 6 today in a row and was pleased enough with that!
  • edited October 2009
    I was chuffed to match Mr. Orford's run.
    I, too, (like so many on this site) aspire to be "near RICH and Tikays level ".
  • edited October 2009
    absolutly brilliant well done you
  • edited October 2009
    I was chuffed to match Mr. Orford's run. I, too, (like so many on this site) aspire to be " near RICH and Tikays level ".
    Posted by MereNovice
    No need Vince, no need. I'm hurting here.

I'm about to play tonight's Deepies & now you've tilted me hard.

KQ is the nuts.