You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The streak...

2»

Comments

• edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: The streak...:
    I know this will hold no interest for 99.99% of people who read it but my current streak stands at an unbeaten 20 cashes in dym. Credit must go where it is due though because most of my cashes have not come from good play by me but from insanely stupid plays by others.If only this streak were at the £10 level and not the 50p
    Posted by Talon
    Not taking anything away from you Talon, 20 is mighty impressive regardless of the level but unfortunately the standard at 30p/50p is not a patch on the 10 quid tables. Trust me. I've worked my way through and played em both.

Sometimes a long run at 30p is not as satisfying as a run at a higher level as you can literally gain SOME cashes by letting others play themselves out, but by the same token it does take some restraint and game to prevent falling into such fights.

However, my biggest streak at either level is no where near as good as that so A BIG RESPECT in your achievement.
  • edited October 2009
    Currently 11 streak at 30p level, not massive but tbh it still feels good. I too try to let the table donks knock themselves out but whatever the level you still have to play hands and can't just fold to money.
  • edited October 2009
      I realise that the standard of opponent i was facing was on the weak side. On at least 4 occasions during that streak i made the cash without playing a single hand because of the over aggressive play by multiple players. When my BR increases and i can play at the higher levels i expect to find the going a lot tougher and firmly believe i would not be able to get close to that size of streak at the higher levels. Thanks all for the nice comments and i look forward to congratulating the person who beats my mark at whatever level
  • edited October 2009
  • edited October 2009
      I realise that the standard of opponent i was facing was on the weak side. On at least 4 occasions during that streak i made the cash without playing a single hand because of the over aggressive play by multiple players. When my BR increases and i can play at the higher levels i expect to find the going a lot tougher and firmly believe i would not be able to get close to that size of streak at the higher levels. Thanks all for the nice comments and i look forward to congratulating the person who beats my mark at whatever level
    Posted by Talon
    Like I say, I was in no way knocking your achievement, but it appears you know how the micro's work without my intervention.

Keep that playing mentaility with you on the higher levels and you won't go far wrong. And trust me, the principle is the same although don't expect many cashes without playing a hand.

22 is truely amazing at any level, I just wish mine had hit that figure.
  • edited October 2009
    O well back to square one AKs loses to K7o...
  • edited October 2009
    I'm sure there is a bacon joke in here somewhere but I just can't find it at this time of the morning.
  • edited October 2009
    seems as though i'm the only player on the site who couldn't win a race against stephen hawking, yet am at a very decent profit playing live.
  • edited October 2009
    booboo i have the same problem. im a good live player but online i have struggled to adapt. Im slowly starting to get better at the online play now, i find live easier because im very good at reading facial expressions though.
  • edited October 2009
    Yeah, you're right, it is hard to adapt, or it is for me anyhow.
    And the hands people play are way different online. How many times have you been raised on the BB and you are sitting with KK or QQ, you come back all-in and get an instant call (even though they were not pot or tourny commited) and they show A 6 off? Live situation most players would fold, not online.
    Not bleating or anything, small stake games online are all I'll bother with and accept the losses as part of the enjoyment of playing, I smoke, drink and drive a thirsty car and have three kids who think twenty quid notes fall out my aris every five minutes, so a few quid a day lost on poker means nowt ultimately.
    Anyway, good luck to you. 
  • edited October 2009

Good Post booboo.

In Live play, folks don't call so light, because it's taken them, say, 30 minutes to get ready to go out & drive to the Venue, & when they are out, that's it, the night is over. So they value & protect their Tourney life greater in Live play.

Online, if you bust out, there's another Tourney starting in 5 minutes, & in fact you may even be 2 or 3 Tabling, so Online, Tourney life is considered less valuable to some players.
  • edited December 2009
    Oh well it is all over now on the 22nd game. I bubbled. Running short on chips pushed with QJ called by K10. No bad beats just run into a better hand. It was fun while it lasted
    Posted by Talon
    21 is mighty impressive at any buy-in. A 1/2,097,152 chance if my maths are correct. But 1 in a row at £5.5 will win more money than 21 in a row at 30p, and that's only a 1/2 chance. Food for thought!

My best so far (on another site, playing 10 player turbo tables) was 12 in a row at $5. I'm on 7 at the moment here, mainly £2.25 and £1.15 (some £3.30), so only another 14 to go to match your amazing run!
  • edited December 2009
    nice run merenovice all good things come to an end sometime
  • edited December 2009
    Im folding on that flop with the AA, you asked the question... got a reply. You beat very little and you still have a decent amount of big blinds, forget having the flush draw because thats all you are likely to have... need more than that in a double your money game to beat the rake.