You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sunday Night Live on 865 with Rich, Tikay and Scotty77 ***official show thread***

edited February 2014 in Poker Chat

As a child I didn't want to be Richard Orford's spell checker on forum posts! lol

Comments

• edited August 2011
    Hi all,

The weekend continues with another fantastic 4 hour live show tonight on Sky Poker TV starting at 9pm!

We'll be covering the 8K Sunday Roller and bringing you updates from the Primo too, so make sure you're regged in these comps if you want to be on the box tonight.

On the flight deck we have my good self, some grumpy old windbag ;-) and one of Sky Poker's emerging stars of the baize Ryan Spittles aka Scotty77.

Questions for Ryan? Get 'em in on here. Questions for Tikay? Ditto. Questions for me? Are you insane? Ok, stick 'em on here as well.

Also don't forget those hand requests, give us the i.d. number and a reason why you want us to show it and we'll endeavour to make it happen.

Topics for tonight-

Early stages of MTTs

What's our tactics in the first few levels of an MTT? Sit out and avoid trouble? Earmark a percentage of your stack for gambling purposes? Stick to a very narrow range of starting hands? Throw caution to the wind and look for the early double-up?
    Give us your thoughts and queries on this and I'll pass them on for the guys to chew over.

And...

As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And what are you now?

We're looking for lots of fun answers to this and of course they'll be spot-prizes for good contributions tonight.

Our producer Sarah's 3 year old godson wants to be a monster when he grows up! LOL.

OK, looking forward to hearing from you all and enjoy the show.

See you at 9!
  • edited August 2011
    Early stage of MTT depends a lot on the structure. As a general rule i think you should adjust to your table rather than have a set plan that you follow regardless.
  • edited August 2011

Good Evening Sky's premier poker Team
    As a child I'm sure like most of us wanted to be older!
    I wanted to ride a motor bike, go for a pint with my dad, travel the world make loads of money and play cricket for my county!
    Now as an adult (child at heart) I find myself wanting to be younger!
    To do all the things I never got round to doing and put right the few mistakes I made!
    Especially going all in on jacks in the premiership earlier today! 

• edited August 2011
    as a child i wanted to be a footballer obvvvv....... had trials at west ham then had a serious knee injury which will hopefully get fixed tuesday so who knows where i would be now if that hadn't happened..... now im a part qualified accountant but cant find a job
  • edited August 2011

As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And what are you now?
    I WANTED TO BE IN ARMY, AND FOLLOW MY DADS FOOTSTEPS BUT BECAUSE OFF BLOOD CONDITION (HEAMOPHILIA) I COULD NOT JOIN, BUT I`M MY OWN ARMY NOW WIFE AND TWO KIDS (DAUGHTERS)   
  • edited August 2011
    Rich i made it i am in the primo and i have not been sacked...had to buy in direct in the end but thx to jj stacking off against me its not hurt the roll to much......in it to win it now.....

have a great show and good luck scotty u will be great pal
  • edited August 2011
    Question for Scotty, err I mean Ryan. 

On a scale of 1 to 1,000,000 how much does he wish he'd used the alias of Ryan77 instead of Scotty77?
  • edited August 2011
    Hey Guys

A couple of questions for Scotty.

1)  Following on with tonight's topic, does Scotty look for high equity drawing spots to get his chips in with early on in a tourney?  For instance, if I have two overs and a flush draw on the flop I am more than willing to get it in.  Is this a leak in the first couple of levels?

2)  Is there anything you should not say in the chatbox while on the cash bubble of the Sunday Roller?

Cheers.
  • edited August 2011
    on second thoughts......i am our of the primo already!!!! oh well onwards and upwards...i think i played it very badly,what do u guys think????

• edited August 2011
    In the early stages of MTT,s I try to earmark about 20-25% of my stack to try and see a few flops and give myself a chance of chipping up early on, although not straight away. I like to get a read of the table first 

Can I ask Scotty when he thinks the Sky Jackpot will go and is it now something thats at the back of his mind when he,s playing?

As for growing up i always wanted to be Kenny Dalglish. 3 decades on and I,m still Paul Robinson

Have a good show guys
  • edited August 2011
    Question for tikay - there is a thread running about winning both the main and mini and taking down the bonus prize - The Double Main & Mini

Can you enlighten us on how the odds of working this out are done?

• edited August 2011
     Early in MTTs I like to TRY to play tight, playing narrower range of hands fairly passively pre-flop trying to see a flop and see what comes down on the flop and how others bet before deciding what to do next, fighting my hurge to try to bully the table which seems to be my natural instinct.
     When I was young I wanted to be a banker, but now I have turned out to be a Donut!
  • edited August 2011
    Hi Rich, tikay and Ryan

In the early stages of a tourny, I sit tight and wait for hands that enable me to get chips, I may just have a look at a few flops with suited connectors/gap connectors, or a big A

When I was a child, I always wanted to be... a Lumberjack :), but seeing as there werent many trees near us, I decided an engineer, even served my appretiship, and, now, disabled :(
  • edited August 2011

I wanted to be a Super Model and go to Paris and wear all the Glamorous clothes and jet off all over the World then Marry a Millionaire and be front page in Vogue Magazine.  When I left School I worked in Woolworth's.   The Model Agency said,  I had lovely eye's but that was it.  I now feel I was privileged as young girls leaving School now-a-days can't have that experience. Mmmmm lucky them.?    Question,  for TK Train Buff does he own an Anorak.?  lol hugs  Annie x

• edited August 2011

1 minute to air!

Heeeeeereeeee weeee gooooooooooooo!!!!!

• edited August 2011
    Looking forward to this evenings show, Ryan should offer some great analysis.

• edited August 2011
    Hi Orf donk , tk top man &  potty scotty .

Early stages of MTTs

Play as tight as a mallards rear end.

As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And what are you now?

I  wanted to be a tv star , so get the finger out guys and invite me over lol .
    I would love a chance to take on that orf donk in a slanging match  & of course share the studio with that gent tk .

On that note ty once again tony for all your help getting the go ahead for my new September hu comp . At present we have over 70 players registered , the comp starts September 1st so plenty of time for more peeps to join in .
    one can reg in the September hu thread in the  gpc part of forum .

Ty for your time  guys have a great show ,

Denis .

• edited August 2011
    Hi Rich i am enjoying hearing Ryan's thoughts on poker he is a very interesting and informative guest.

I would also like to know if anyone has checked on Trevor tonight after what happened today to hids beloved Arsenal.
  • edited August 2011
    My Question is
    What aspect of the game gives Scotty the most pleasure?
    Going deep in a tornament, a head to head trying to outwit your opponent etc.
    What is his best momen in poker to date?
    What did he learn from the Main Event in Vegas?
  • edited August 2011
    Hi Richard i now have a question for Ryan,(anything to stop Tikay from giving out recipes.)

What advice would you give to any player on how to improve their game,would it be poker coaching,read books etc or is this too general a question.
  • edited August 2011
    question aimed at ryan.

Whats the biggest tournament youve ever play? And what advice would you offer to someone whos qualified into a tournament thats 10x their bankroll for entry alone.

Cheers don.
  • edited August 2011
    part qualified = done my level 2 in book-keeping and computerised accounts not working towards AAT and beyond or winning the lottery what ever one comes first
  • edited August 2011
    WHEN I WAS YOUNGER, I WANTED TO BE SPOT THE SAUSAGE, BUT KNOW I`M OLDER I`M A CHIPALATTA
  • edited August 2011
    Hi guys.

Great to see ryan on the show tonight and even better for me because while he is there he is not taking my money off me on the cash tables :)

When i was a child i wanted to be a adult and now im a adult i want to be a child go figure lol

Jenny.
  • edited August 2011
    i was never sure what i wanted to be when i grew up... now at 31 im still not sure!! plenty of time to decide though!!
  • edited August 2011

Just caught 10 mins of the show while I'm waiting for celeb BB to start ;) Looking forward to watching it tomorrow now that I've seen abit of Scottys analysis! Looks good!

Question...

Scotty grinds almost every table between 30nl and 100nl, and must be rolled to play even higher....

Does he plan to move up to play 1/2 tables online, and why hasn't he done this already?.

----------------------

When I grow up I would like to make a living out of staking and mentoring players to play poker, that way I can discuss poker strategy and poker related issues all day without ever having to log on and play a hand myself, ever again!

Have a great show, and don't forget to vote for Kerry!

• edited August 2011
    Hi guys, got a question for Ryan. 
    One thing that annoys me is getting bullied off pots in MTT's...How would you say is the best way to combat an agressive "button raiser" ? If you think a guy has been having you on, taking your big blind on one to many times, then how would you play against him? Do you think re-raising him pre? Check raising the flop? or just wait till you hit big and can trap him? 

I play quite a few MTT's and never seem to win them as often as i would like...obviously.  
  • edited August 2011
    Hi guys, great show as usual.

As a child i wanted to an airline pilot. My father wrote to BOAC as it was then, asking what qalifications i would need. I went all out through school to achieve these, but because i'm deaf in one ear i could never do the job. So now i'm a bus driver, and no Rich i don't make plane noises whilst i'm driving lol
  • edited August 2011

Evening all!!!

Love the show as always and 1 day I promise you i'll play in a SPT event!!
    Please advise me on MTT's, when is the ideal time to 'throw the hammer down' and start to make moves??????

Rob Steventon aka Don Roberto from Tipton, West Mids.

• edited August 2011

as tight as a scottys wallet