You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sunday Night Live on 865 with Rich, Tikay and Scotty77 ***official show thread***

Comments

• edited August 2011
    Wow, Purplelady is back, welcome home :), yes, I am still here, hoping you are well :)
  • edited August 2011

Still watching! Hooked!....

Another question...

In game I struggle to disect hands quickly and I wouldn't be able to explain why I'm doing what I'm doing, as I'm doing it, I just survive on memory, habit, and running good.

Scotty seems to be able to analyse the hands quite fluently, as and when they happen. Has he always been able to do this and hand read easily, or has he had to train himself to think like this. 

• edited August 2011

what sort of dogs do the panel like
  • edited August 2011
    When I was young I wanted to be a project supervisor who spent his spare time writing drunken gibberish on a poker forum. Result!

Question for Scotty (great guest by the way) : As one of the top MTT players on Sky how are you finding your forrays into the cash game? Is there that much difference between the skill sets in your opinion? Is the ultimate goal of any poker player to crush the cash game?
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night Live on 865 with Rich, Tikay and Scotty77 ***official show thread***:
    Wow, Purplelady is back, welcome home :), yes, I am still here, hoping you are well :)
    Posted by acebarry10

Hi Barry - yes I am back and very much enjoying producing the show once again!  Hope you and all the other players are well and enjoying the fountain of knowledge and wisdom tonight!

purplelady - Sarah

• edited August 2011
    guys i want to make it clear that the jj that stacked off was dohhhh and not jack jack,whats the point of a rub down if it does not get  on air
  • edited August 2011
    Hiya Everyone

I have to ask Scotty and Tikay, what do you find is the key to staying disciplined, ie, working out when to fold and when to push forward in your play???

In my play, I tend to press forward when I find my targets at the table but I find it a challenge to know when to ease back a touch, normally resulting in me being eliminated in no time at all!!!
  • edited August 2011
    A QUESTION FOR SCOTTY/RYAN IS HE TRYING TO BE ORFORD OR A MONK ?? WITH BALD SPOT ?? 

NOW TO BE HONEST LOVING SKY PLAYERS ON 865 AND THEIR VEIWS ON HANDS

P,S WON`T SEE THAT ARSENAL SUPPORTER FOR A WHILE ( I`M STILL IN SHOCK ) BEING LIVERPOOL FAN
  • edited August 2011
    Ryan goes on a bit doesn't he... but it is brilliant.  Keep it up.
  • edited August 2011
    TY RYAN, YOUR ADVICE JUST SAVED ME, WENT TO RAISE WITH A/K SUITED BUT TIME RAN OUT, WOULD HAVE WALKED INTO TRIP 7s WITH A/K/7 FLOP
  • edited August 2011
    Another question for Scotty

When your playing online do you set yourself targets each week/month?

For example do you aim to play so many hours per week/month or set yourself a cash target, points target to reach ?

and if so what would is  your aim /target for September and the rest of the year online?   

I,ve heard ppl say you should spend your time playing 80% and leaarning and improving your game the other 20% of your time? Is this something you do or are you of the opinion that parctise is the best way to learn?

Enjoying the show - MP
  • edited August 2011
    Hi Rich just like to say your 101 today (Your Top Trump card on Flickr) 101 views.
  • edited August 2011

Excellent show tonight!!!
    It's really great to hear such honest thought provoking insight to the game.
    Tikay always stresses you have to use your experiences to select where you play in cash games.
    In that some players are predictable and less difficult to play against.
    Are there any players Ryan will deliberately avoid playing cash games with?
    Or does he believe he has the all round game to take on anyone on equal terms?
    Obviously not wanting to take on Richard is a given but who else?

• edited August 2011

HI Rich,

You read out an e-mail from me earlier in which I said I only play AA for 6/7 levels in MTT's.  Anyway,  shortly after, in the 2nd hand of a BH I woke up to AA otb and the sb went aipf with AK - doubled up MBN!  Managed to come 7th! Bubble boy FTW.  GREAT show, Ryan's analysis is excellent! 
    pad

• edited August 2011

lol, good answer.

I'm nowhere near as good as Scotty, or any of the other regs. That's why I play lower than they do.

I'm a bish bash bosh merchant who runs good against fish, I can't think like those guys. 

It doesn't help that Scotty and the other regs play 50 times as many hands as me per month, I'm very inexperienced compared to him and most other winning regs.

Anyway, still watching, even muted Match of the Day, great work.

Are there any plans to get Scotty in again on a Mastercash night???

• edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night Live on 865 with Rich, Tikay and Scotty77 ***official show thread***:
    lol, good answer. I'm nowhere near as good as Scotty, or any of the other regs. That's why I play lower than they do. I'm a bish bash bosh merchant who runs good against fish, I can't think like those guys.  It doesn't help that Scotty and the other regs play 50 times as many hands as me per month, I'm very inexperienced compared to him and most other winning regs. Anyway, still watching, even muted Match of the Day, great work. Are there any plans to get Scotty in again on a Mastercash night???
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

I 2nd what DOHHHHHHH says here, scotty is def one of the best guests who has been on the show imo and would be awesome to see him on again espeically on a mastercash night
  • edited August 2011
    thanks for awesome reply Tikay and Ryan. Unfortunetly the event which scotty named you cant de-reg from. However i do have backing on travel. I am returning to NL4 publically which has been going very mixed but starting to look up.

expessially since ive started to sort my Off the table problems.
  • edited August 2011
    Watching the show now guys

Coming down off a high ... won a seat in to SPT Nottingham ... via a £1.40 sat!

(Blatent brag)

Look forward to seeing you all!
  • edited August 2011
                      HI ALL GREAT SHOW FIRST NIGHT BACK FROM HOLS . I THINK RYAN HAS BEEN ONE OF TOP PLAYERS YOUV HAD ON HE  MAKES SO MUCH SENSE WITH HIS TAKE ON HANDS IV SHARED A FEW TABLES WITH HIM IN TOURNIES AND HES A TOP PLAYER . YET TO GET BETTER OF HIM YET LOL .
  • edited August 2011
    Love a good level from Dohhhhhhh.  Bish bash?  Pish posh.

Ryan, you've been seriously good tonight.  Loved the show guys.
  • edited August 2011

hi rich, tikay,

how would you feel sitting down at the GUKPT and seeing Ryan to your left and Redmond Lee to his left.  the best seat in the house.

good show and particularly good contributions ryan

rob

• edited August 2011

Evening all, just like to reiterate the positive comments re Scottys appearance on the show. Excellent advice analysis and advice as expected.  I think he should also be commended for the time he spends on the forum, giving advice etc to players at all levels. All in all a great ambassador for TSP.
  • ybyb
    edited August 2011
    excellent stuff from scotty, and +1 for getting him back on future shows, preferably mastercash because it would be interestingg to hear his analysis on the deeper stacked cash games.
  • edited August 2011
    WELL SAID RYAN

• edited August 2011
    ABOUT THE SPONSERED PROS 

• edited August 2011
    Hi

I love ryans honesty about feeling there are better players on site etc and about not having to be the best player at a cash table in order to be a winner.

I think however he is doing himself a injustice as he is definately one of the best cash players on site as my bank manger will clarify everytime i have to go into my overdraft after sitting on ryans table :)

I think sky has a great number of very good cash players in relation to the size of the site and i find myself avoiding most tables as there is always one sat there including ryan who is normally on all of them :)

I have now cut my players to try and avoid down to 5 which are Ryan, lol raise, hurst05, Jenny-iyy and Richorford lol

Great guest by the way and please more of ryan on the show.
  • edited August 2011
    wow was a lot of fun.  running here on no sleep but not tired now after that.

thanks to tk, rich and all the background crew for making everything go simple

sorry for rambling and making it a very boring poker heavy show.  i would talk and then think oh thats good to say and then forget what the original question was haha

lol @ bald spot its really bad im gonna get a hair transplant now.
  • edited August 2011
    wow was a lot of fun.  running here on no sleep but not tired now after that. thanks to tk, rich and all the background crew for making everything go simple sorry for rambling and making it a very boring poker heavy show.  i would talk and then think oh thats good to say and then forget what the original question was haha lol @ bald spot its really bad im gonna get a hair transplant now.
    Posted by scotty77

You were a class above scotty my friend

hope they get you on again soon and like dohhhhhhh said in the thread above i hope your on mastercash cos would love to here more of your thoughts on cash play.

Jenny.x.
  • edited August 2011
    Excellent show Ryan!

Just finished watching and you gave a superb performance with some great analysis.

You should be very proud mate. Looking forward to your next appearance.

Reds
  • edited August 2011
    Some excellent rambling Ryan - best guest since (and on a par with) Reds imo.  Very watchable.