You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

First hand of a bounty hunter.. the sky poker river strikes YET AGAIN.

2»

Comments

• edited September 2011
    your right about the live thing for sure. but i think he was using the theory thing to try and justify the blatant lying about the hand and tryin to get away with it! yes you were named in it but dont take it to heart he aint got a malice bone in his body (refer to post in general chat). is he opinionated yep, does he wind on purpose yep, but he stands by the theory that if it was fixed in anyway the big boys who make a living (including himself) wouldnt play here or any other online site.
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: First hand of a bounty hunter.. the sky poker river strikes YET AGAIN.:
    your right about the live thing for sure. but i think he was using the theory thing to try and justify the blatant lying about the hand and tryin to get away with it! yes you were named in it but dont take it to heart he aint got a malice bone in his body (refer to post in general chat). is he opinionated yep, does he wind on purpose yep, but he stands by the theory that if it was fixed in anyway the big boys who make a living (including himself) wouldnt play here or any other online site.
    Posted by pod1
    mate im 100% sure dohhhhhhh is perfectly nice guy and i see what your saying about the hand history which is fair play as it is bs and posting any number of hands on here true or not will not prove a thing which is why we ask for details on regulation which we won't get either lets be honest for online poker to be regulated you would need a team of anylists looking at at least 10,000 hands each day from each site to look for paterns etc to make sure it was 100% random can you imagine how many people the AGC would need to employ to do this,this is why it will never be 100% regulated.

and as for dohhhhhhh i bere no malice towards him i was just pointing out he knows no more than any of us other than his belief in his theory of which we all he belief in our own theory's so he should not mock people for having a difference of opinion.
  • edited September 2011
    ahhhh finally another rational mind :p
  • edited September 2011
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: First hand of a bounty hunter.. the sky poker river strikes YET AGAIN.:
    Just shows how these krazy theories about the legitimacy of online poker can totally destroy the minds of those not mentally strong enough to cope with it.  The guy is losing the plot. It's eating away at him, to the point where it's gone too far. Same with dalty on the other thread. And bigal going mental on multiple threads.  Seriously, some people just cannot cope with it. It will make you ill !!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    DO NOT COMPARE ME TO THIS IDIOT. YES I SAY IDIOT. WHO POSTS HANDS FROM OTHER SITES....

IF I WANT TO VENT MY ANGER BECAUSE I GOT CALLED BY ANOTHER IDIOT CHASING A GUT SHOT DOWN THE STREET CALLING BIG RAISES AND THEY HIT ON THE RIVER, THAT IS MY CHOICE...

IF YOU DISLIKE THIS... THEN TOUGH.. DON'T READ THEM, I DID NOT POST OR MOAN(APART FROM NOW) ABOUT GOING OUT OF TOURNEY LAST NIGHT COS SOMEONE WENT ALL IN WITH 56(THEY KNOW WHO THEY ARE) AGAINST MY 1010 AND THEM CATCHING 2 PAIR ON RIVER...

YOU POST A BAD BEAT AND PEOPLE JUST TURN ROUND AND TELL YOU YOU PLAYED THE HAND INCORRECTLY.. NOT THAT THE PERSON SHOULD NOT OF EVEN CALLED YOU TO START WITH...  THEY CRITICIZE THE POSTER OF THE THREAD..

now what do you want , people to only post good hands where they have won..  then why have area 51. is this not what it is for. to vent anger at having your good hands beaten on the river time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time over again....

THEN CLOSE AREA 51
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: First hand of a bounty hunter.. the sky poker river strikes YET AGAIN. : DO NOT COMPARE ME TO THIS IDIOT. YES I SAY IDIOT. WHO POSTS HANDS FROM OTHER SITES.... IF I WANT TO VENT MY ANGER BECAUSE I GOT CALLED BY ANOTHER IDIOT CHASING A GUT SHOT DOWN THE STREET CALLING BIG RAISES AND THEY HIT ON THE RIVER, THAT IS MY CHOICE... IF YOU DISLIKE THIS... THEN TOUGH.. DON'T READ THEM, I DID NOT POST OR MOAN(APART FROM NOW) ABOUT GOING OUT OF TOURNEY LAST NIGHT COS SOMEONE WENT ALL IN WITH 56(THEY KNOW WHO THEY ARE) AGAINST MY 1010 AND THEM CATCHING 2 PAIR ON RIVER... YOU POST A BAD BEAT AND PEOPLE JUST TURN ROUND AND TELL YOU YOU PLAYED THE HAND INCORRECTLY.. NOT THAT THE PERSON SHOULD NOT OF EVEN CALLED YOU TO START WITH...  THEY CRITICIZE THE POSTER OF THE THREAD.. now what do you want , people to only post good hands where they have won..  then why have area 51. is this not what it is for. to vent anger at having your good hands beaten on the river time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time over again.... THEN CLOSE AREA 51
    Posted by bigal36903

Jesus christ, i frickin love you!! 

Area 51 = vent / moan / question the legitimacy of online poker.

Yes I posted a hand from another site, yes it happens on other sites, yes the river seems to **** me over more times than not but NO i do not doctor hands and / or change anything to do with them.

• edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: First hand of a bounty hunter.. the sky poker river strikes YET AGAIN. : Jesus christ, i frickin love you!!  Area 51 = vent / moan / question the legitimacy of online poker. Yes I posted a hand from another site, yes it happens on other sites, yes the river seems to **** me over more times than not but NO i do not doctor hands and / or change anything to do with them.
    Posted by avfcalex
    It happens on sky....

It happens on other sites.....

I'm sure you posted a live hand recently too, so it happens live.....

Have you ever considered the possibility that it is the game of poker itself that you have a problem with?

It is NORMAL to have lots of bad beats in a very short space of time!

What you should do is expect to get unlucky. In a tournament, 75% of exits for a good, solid player will be down in some part to bad luck.

Weather it be an outdraw, a cooler, unfortunate timing, makin a move and the geezer finding the miracle hand, etc. 

Very rarely for a good player, is an exit going to be down to a mistake, or bad play. Ofc it happens, but not often.

Therefore you WILL get unlucky in the majority of tournaments. That's how they whittle 400 players down to 1, within 4 hours. That's the idea of tournaments. The blind structure is there to drive the action, not the floppin RNG.

Going into a tournament and expecting to run well will always end in tears.

If you get AK all in pre flop against 72, twice. You should expect to lose 1 of them. 32% + 32% = 64%, which is more than 50%. If you hold twice, you're running very good.

It's like some of the players who post in here don't even understand that. And it's worrying.

Anyway keep enjoying the game.

• edited September 2011
    i need to re balance the font size now after your rant bigal. yes vent, i for 1 have put a couple of hands here in the past. but sky has set up quite awhile ago "brags , beats and varience"  posts like yours on the whole would be better off there.  kind regards  phil
  • edited September 2011
    Exactly.  Area 51 actually isnt about venting.  Its about conspiracy theories etc.  As pod says put it in BB and V and you may get the reaction your after.  By association if a BB goes up in 51, it is assumed your finding fault with the site.
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: First hand of a bounty hunter.. the sky poker river strikes YET AGAIN. : It happens on sky.... It happens on other sites..... I'm sure you posted a live hand recently too, so it happens live..... Have you ever considered the possibility that it is the game of poker itself that you have a problem with? It is NORMAL to have lots of bad beats in a very short space of time! What you should do is expect to get unlucky. In a tournament, 75% of exits for a good, solid player will be down in some part to bad luck. Weather it be an outdraw, a cooler, unfortunate timing, makin a move and the geezer finding the miracle hand, etc.  Very rarely for a good player, is an exit going to be down to a mistake, or bad play. Ofc it happens, but not often. Therefore you WILL get unlucky in the majority of tournaments. That's how they whittle 400 players down to 1, within 4 hours. That's the idea of tournaments. The blind structure is there to drive the action, not the floppin RNG. Going into a tournament and expecting to run well will always end in tears. If you get AK all in pre flop against 72, twice. You should expect to lose 1 of them. 32% + 32% = 64%, which is more than 50%. If you hold twice, you're running very good. It's like some of the players who post in here don't even understand that. And it's worrying. Anyway keep enjoying the game.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Mmmmm you mean on average you can expect to win 2/3 ? 32% +32% /2 = 32%.The rest semed very reasonable tho.