You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

end of the line

edited September 2011 in Area 51
hey sky poker crew,i challenge anyone to prove that the cards on here are as real as playin live..the last 3 weeks ive recorded my hands by phone with interest as unusual things seemed to be happening to me with great hands,and guess what?it has just kept happening.Multiple times ive been aggressive with top pairs ie-AA..KK..JJ..been called at least 20 times with 63 suited or rubbish suited cards like that  and have been done 95 percent of time..FACT...this just dusnt happen..odds prove that..if no one bleves odds prove that then deal them hands deliberately at home and see for yaself how many times 63 or similar suited wins,i can assure u it wont be as many times as it is on here..even the amount of online players is well down on here in my eyes...i wonder why...happy bingo ....any similar feelings pleez respond..i work hard for my money and at least bexpect a fair game of poker...hope u all feel the same...lata

Comments

• edited September 2011
    Variance is a tought old thing to accept sometimes chipsta!!!!!  Thats all your going through m8,, a realy horrible run of variance,, i play more live than online and trust me if you play enough hands  live is the same as on line. I know its hard to accept but it is true.... been there done it all....

keep ya chin up, but dont blame sky,, u want the guy wi 63 calling all day if your holding aces your an 84.6% fav,,  hell win only 13% of the time

steve
  • edited September 2011
    Why do you call it unfair when its the same for everyone. ?    I have said this many times to players like you,  You get dealt the cards,   what you do with them is up to you and if you make the wrong decision it is your fault not Sky's RNG .   Stop trying to blame other for your mistakes.   Live with your Loses.   Enjoy your Gains.  fwiw  Hugs Annie x 
  • edited September 2011
    Jeez i wish my RUBBISH cards hit as often as that , fml eh ?? ;))
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: end of the line:
    Why do you call it unfair when its the same for everyone. ?    I have said this many times to players like you,  You get dealt the cards,   what you do with them is up to you and if you make the wrong decision it is your fault not Sky's RNG .   Stop trying to blame other for your mistakes.   Live with your Loses.   Enjoy your Gains.  fwiw  Hugs Annie x 
    Posted by logdon
    yeah totally agree with ya,but 9 times out of 10 getting beat with aces or kings and by hands like 63 suited all the time???? come on even u must know this just dusnt happen that often its ridiculous..look every now and again is poker and i understand that but its all the time on here to the point when ive had to bring it up...something wrong i think..dym as soon as the blinds get to 200 the hands come for everyone,personally i think sky is a business and the sooner u get knocked off a table the sooner u enter another which equals more and quicker profit...my view and im stickin to it...thanx for ya comment tho
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: end of the line : yeah totally agree with ya,but 9 times out of 10 getting beat with aces or kings and by hands like 63 suited all the time???? come on even u must know this just dusnt happen that often its ridiculous..look every now and again is poker and i understand that but its all the time on here to the point when ive had to bring it up...something wrong i think..dym as soon as the blinds get to 200 the hands come for everyone,personally i think sky is a business and the sooner u get knocked off a table the sooner u enter another which equals more and quicker profit...my view and im stickin to it...thanx for ya comment tho
    Posted by chipsta
    You have to admit the games on here are not boring and you and me would be the first to complain if they were. The cards do generate play and one player will win the pot.   You do see players that go Allin and win the pot with silly cards that makes you suspicious the Sky RNG is out to get you.   But I know if you have been on this site for a long period of time there are many times you  come back from nearly going out to cash.  If as you think,  Sky want to Donk you out quickly then why do they save you.  "I cant tell you how to play poker", or say this or that will make you a winner I only say don't judge the book by its cover and stay and read it all the way through, then pass judgement if you must. I have played on other sites and this is by far the best and fairest in my opinion.   Hugs Annie x 
  • edited September 2011
    If you honestly believe that just go all-in with 36 suited but myself I will take Aces or Kings anyday! Just sounds like you are having a bad run which can happen to anyone online or live.
  • edited September 2011
    its all about variance , how many hands have you recorded in the last 3 weeks where this has happened 30+ or maybe into the hundreds ,thing about variance is that over a extended period of time if your doing the right thing most of the time u will eventually be a winning player and judging its over such a small period of time (3 weeks) is not long enough for variance to even itself out ,we all run bad from time to time......i would love it if people called me with rubbish hands like 6/3 everytime i have aces it hurts when they win but in the end dont we want them to play that way??
  • edited September 2011
    its all about variance , how many hands have you recorded in the last 3 weeks where this has happened 30+ or maybe into the hundreds ,thing about variance is that over a extended period of time if your doing the right thing most of the time u will eventually be a winning player and judging its over such a small period of time (3 weeks) is not long enough for variance to even itself out ,we all run bad from time to time......i would love it if people called me with rubbish hands like 6/3 everytime i have aces it hurts when they win but in the end dont we want them to play that way??
    Posted by unbpower
    just find it very weird how the last 3 weeks ive won nothing,and i mean nothing at all especially after playin for a few year on here and never knowing getting beat on great hands constantly.1 thing i have noticed tho is that no-one will comment if u call sky on chat while ya on a table and bleve me they used too,maybe they have experienced the same.would love to know if sky still have the same amount of members coz i honestly dont think so,loads of friends i have made on here over last couple year dont seem to be around no more.any comments on online figures would be appreciated.ohh and cant bleve how many times my table has froze today even tho my connection has been excellent,STRANGE THAT,maybe its best not to post a complaint.
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to end of the line:
    hey sky poker crew,i challenge anyone to prove that the cards on here are as real as playin live..the last 3 weeks ive recorded my hands by phone with interest as unusual things seemed to be happening to me with great hands,and guess what?it has just kept happening.Multiple times ive been aggressive with top pairs ie-AA..KK..JJ..been called at least 20 times with 63 suited or rubbish suited cards like that  and have been done 95 percent of time..FACT...this just dusnt happen..odds prove that..if no one bleves odds prove that then deal them hands deliberately at home and see for yaself how many times 63 or similar suited wins,i can assure u it wont be as many times as it is on here..even the amount of online players is well down on here in my eyes...i wonder why...happy bingo ....any similar feelings pleez respond..i work hard for my money and at least bexpect a fair game of poker...hope u all feel the same...lata
    Posted by chipsta
    u might aswell b shouting in to a big field people on here cant c past sky poker and willonly defend it even though some of there most respected players pryce6 and elsadog  feel the same i can easily put 100 usd in else where and spin it up between 1 and 2 k easily cant c it happening here tho blame it on variance but thts a two way steet u cant just run bad all of the time it has t5o balance out
  • edited September 2011
    400,0000000 hands?

you post a bad beat and i will post a hand where someone calls with rubbish and misses.there are thousands of hands played every hour with every combo so someone is going to get unlucky alot of the time...
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to end of the line : u might aswell b shouting in to a big field people on here cant c past sky poker and willonly defend it even though some of there most respected players pryce6 and elsadog  feel the same i can easily put 100 usd in else where and spin it up between 1 and 2 k easily cant c it happening here tho blame it on variance but thts a two way steet u cant just run bad all of the time it has t5o balance out
    Posted by quadfather
    at last someone talkin sense.appreciate ya comment mate.
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to end of the line : u might aswell b shouting in to a big field people on here cant c past sky poker and willonly defend it even though some of there most respected players pryce6 and elsadog  feel the same i can easily put 100 usd in else where and spin it up between 1 and 2 k easily cant c it happening here tho blame it on variance but thats a two way street u cant just run bad all of the time it has to balance out
    Posted by quadfather
    The thing is luck will not balance out untill you have played about 500,000
    hands.
    there is a great article in the latest pkr free mag all about luck....

The gist of it is you are either lucky or unlucky and either way it wont balance out until you have played long enough for the odds to kick in.

I have been lucky for 3 years but at the moment cant hit a barn door and elsadog has said he had a great year in 2005 (i think) and now he is getting back on the good side of varience and storming the mtt's

I would say its because he is a great player and great players always come good in the end(but im not sure he agrees with this theory).

gl,dave...

ps if you are spinning $100 up to 2k easily elsewhere i know where i would be playing :0
  • edited September 2011
    If you honestly believe that just go all-in with 36 suited but myself I will take Aces or Kings anyday! Just sounds like you are having a bad run which can happen to anyone online or live.
    Posted by Donut64
    like a joker calling 3  allins 1500 chips on a dym with 56 os against AA 1010 and 44 and hitting the straight.. come on.. the odds are sooooooooo low for that winning hand it is unreal...  

others calling all in with A2 when 2 others are all in for 2k only to hit raggy A on river yet again and again..

if there is one thing to learn, u know that an A is coming somewhere, i think there seem to be atleast 24 aces in the sky decks since when ever they need an A to win it always comes especially when it is raggy A againt top hands KK QQ JJ and they call with A2 or other BS raggy A
  • edited September 2011
    400,0000000 hands? you post a bad beat and i will post a hand where someone calls with rubbish and misses.there are thousands of hands played every hour with every combo so someone is going to get unlucky alot of the time...
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    and here is one of the blind followers...   davvy. u have to admit soon that there are too many times that they hit on rivers from behind or make absolute appauling calls and hit gut shots and runner runner wins
  • edited September 2011

Dave re that thread in where you asked for evidence of my AA beats. Bigal was involved in one of them I believe

• edited September 2011
    Dave re that thread in where you asked for evidence of my AA beats. Bigal was involved in one of them I believe
    Posted by owtfornowt
    i was, i even checked cos u mentioned me,,,  but it seems just typicasl of sky at the minute for some people to hit anything they play.. this morning i have gone all-in on good hands and come across KK 4 timesin the bb.... when i have been the sb...

i have gone in with good hands and been beaten by lesser and absolute rubbish. i can appriciate getting beaten by the better hands, but when you lose constantly with the better hands it can be annoying.. i will hold my hands up and say nice hand when they show a good pair, but when they call BIG raises with rubbish and chase it down the street fishing for one card and hitting it on the river, that i dislike.. As i dont fish often for cards(cos they never seem to come even 15 to go at) i will never get the equalling effect this has...  

as for the bad callers who always seem to hit. u know that runner runner wins r coming as soon as u see their cards after flop, or u get done on river.. 1 of only 2 cards to come..

it is the rng that decides who is going to win, what hand will win. not which person will win...

the hand is predtermined, not who gets it and not how is comes out, it is if you play that winning hand..
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: end of the line : and here is one of the blind followers...   davvy. u have to admit soon that there are too many times that they hit on rivers from behind or make absolute appauling calls and hit gut shots and runner runner wins
    Posted by bigal36903
    the thing is i have played poker for 10 years and seen it all.

3 hands from last night

1st hand in tourny i have q/10 raise pre then flop the straight bet flop then push on turn guy who won got runner runner fh.

next a sit and go.....5 mins in i push full stack 5k with aj bb calls with j4

flop is 4 8 4 goodbye me!(i did rip into him tbf)

last s@g all in with qq v 99 9 on turn.

3 beats 3 games and all live.

your right it happens a lot but hand for hand i believe it is he same live.
  • edited September 2011
    Posted by owtfornowt
    the best way to post evidence that your "last 6 aa" got beat is to go to hand history then copy and paste.
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: end of the line : The thing is luck will not balance out untill you have played about 500,000 hands. there is a great article in the latest pkr free mag all about luck.... The gist of it is you are either lucky or unlucky and either way it wont balance out until you have played long enough for the odds to kick in. I have been lucky for 3 years but at the moment cant hit a barn door and elsadog has said he had a great year in 2005 (i think) and now he is getting back on the good side of varience and storming the mtt's I would say its because he is a great player and great players always come good in the end(but im not sure he agrees with this theory). gl,dave... ps if you are spinning $100 up to 2k easily elsewhere i know where i would be playing :0
    Posted by DAVEYZZ

You were posting on another thread about how monitoring hands for a few weeks assured you everything was fine.  Which is it?
  • edited September 2011
    Davey is a monster in my book
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: end of the line : You were posting on another thread about how monitoring hands for a few weeks assured you everything was fine.  Which is it?
    Posted by baggs
    it was months not weeks.you must of misunderstood my point.
    in this case i was talking about luck and how if you are lucky/unlucky the odds are it will not "even out" over a small sample of hands.

the thread you are refering to was how i percieved the amount of times a "top" hand held up over a couple of months playing(5 hours a night 6 nights a week)
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: end of the line : it was months not weeks.you must of misunderstood my point. in this case i was talking about luck and how if you are lucky/unlucky the odds are it will not "even out" over a small sample of hands. the thread you are refering to was how i percieved the amount of times a "top" hand held up over a couple of months playing(5 hours a night 6 nights a week)
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    Sorry if I misunderstood but heres the quote "I kept note of all top hands from 10/10 upwards and after a few weeks it was obvious they where holding up the % that they should".

So in that instance you had a few weeks of data and you felt it backed up the RNG. Yet to dispel somones argument you claim to need 500,000 hands of data for luck to even out. Hmmmmmmmmm
  • edited September 2011
    HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: end of the line : Sorry if I misunderstood but heres the quote " I kept note of all top hands from 10/10 upwards and after a few weeks it was obvious they where holding up the % that they should". So in that instance you had a few weeks of data and you felt it backed up the RNG. Yet to dispel somones argument you claim to need 500,000 hands of data for luck to even out. Hmmmmmmmmm
    Posted by baggs
    hhmmmmmmmm,you seem to keep misunderstanding me.

I said the hands seemed to be holding up the % of times that they should after a few weeks of charting them.

that is not backing up the rng and also has nothing to do with varience/luck.

my point on luck was that you may be an lucky player and win lots of games early on in you poker life but you will then not get unlucky for years because to even itself out you have to play thousands of hands....
  • edited September 2011
    is "not get unlucky" a double negitive and as such become lucky, again! lol

• edited September 2011
    is "not get unlucky" a double negitive and as such become lucky, again! lol
    Posted by pod1
    I think that statement is wrong to be fair. It is misleading insomuch as it assumes that outcomes can only be a product of either specific fortune or misfortune which are relative extremes. The norm is made up of the majority of outcomes yet fall into neither of these categories.
    Therefore the original statement is not a double negative ( despite it's appearance ) because the constituents of the statement are noncontradictory.
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: end of the line : hhmmmmmmmm,you seem to keep misunderstanding me. I said the hands seemed to be holding up the % of times that they should after a few weeks of charting them. that is not backing up the rng and also has nothing to do with varience/luck. my point on luck was that you may be an lucky player and win lots of games early on in you poker life but you will then not get unlucky for years because to even itself out you have to play thousands of hands....
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    I certainly dont understand the point you are making. I'll try to explain. You are attempting to argue the RNG has no bias by a few weeks data, yet by your own argument you claim to have to have 500,000 thousand hands for luck to even out. So in your scenario where the RNG runs to expectation after a few weeks how do you know that it doesnt have a negative bias and you were just lucky? The two arguments are contradictory
  • edited September 2011
    blackmass,words escape me. lol

• edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: end of the line : I certainly dont understand the point you are making. I'll try to explain. You are attempting to argue the RNG has no bias by a few weeks data, yet by your own argument you claim to have to have 500,000 thousand hands for luck to even out. So in your scenario where the RNG runs to expectation after a few weeks how do you know that it doesnt have a negative bias and you were just lucky? The two arguments are contradictory
    Posted by baggs
    sigh......i will speak slowly..i..never ...once.. mentioned..the pros..or..cons..of ..the..rng

my argument was that luck and probability are different, so one last attempt...........you can be a lucky player and hit one outers etc for months/years and it will never turn around unless you play for years and years and the odds have a chance to even out.

gl,dave
  • edited September 2011
    i have played on sky for a few years now and many other sites and a little live play aswell,,,for me this site is different to others,,,the rng pre determines the full hand not shuffled for each card which is not like most other sites,but that doesnt mean its fixed,,,things do happen on here more than other sites for 1 MAIN REASON,overall the players are worst and call with worst hands there for they suck out some times,,,,
    IMO