You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

end of the line

2»

Comments

• edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: end of the line:
    i have played on sky for a few years now and many other sites and a little live play aswell,,,for me this site is different to others,,,the rng pre determines the full hand not shuffled for each card which is not like most other sites,but that doesnt mean its fixed,,,things do happen on here more than other sites for 1 MAIN REASON,overall the players are worst and call with worst hands there for they suck out some times,,,, IMO 
    Posted by andybuck
    And that's what makes the site perfect for serious players who would like to make money playing poker.

And equally beginners who want to learn, and play against other beginners.

Tiz the perfect cycle :)

+1 Andy lad. 
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: end of the line : sigh......i will speak slowly..i..never ...once.. mentioned..the pros..or..cons..of ..the..rng my argument was that luck and probability are different, so one last attempt...........you can be a lucky player and hit one outers etc for months/years and it will never turn around unless you play for years and years and the odds have a chance to even out. gl,dave
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    Thanks for that patronising response but you seem unable or unwilling to look at the logic behind your contradictory statements

I agree with your above point and assuming a fair rng you would need a large sample of hands to prove the outcome was in line with statistical probabilty. Therefore in the short term luck means you can run above expectation.

However on another thread you state  "kept a chart for a couple of months in my early days because "my aces always got beat"

I kept note of all top hands from 10/10 upwards and after a few weeks it was obvious they where holding up the % that they should"

The implication of the whole post was that you only remember getting knocked out and not the hands which hold up and your data supported this as it returned a value close to that which you expected

Therefore I am interested to know how, given your views on short term luck, why the results from a few weeks of data back up your expectations and that they arent statistically meaningless due to sample size?
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: end of the line : Thanks for that patronising response but you seem unable or unwilling to look at the logic behind your contradictory statements I agree with your above point and assuming a fair rng you would need a large sample of hands to prove the outcome was in line with statistical probabilty. Therefore in the short term luck means you can run above expectation. However on another thread you state  "kept a chart for a couple of months in my early days because "my aces always got beat" I kept note of all top hands from 10/10 upwards and after a few weeks it was obvious they where holding up the % that they should" The implication of the whole post was that you only remember getting knocked out and not the hands which hold up and your data supported this as it returned a value close to that which you expected Therefore I am interested to know how, given your views on short term luck, why the results from a few weeks of data back up your expectations and that they arent statistically meaningless due to sample size?
    Posted by baggs
    zzz Night sweet dreams..
  • edited September 2011
    I also think stanmore and cockfosters is the end of the line!
  • edited September 2011

sorry but there are alot of donks on this site now that dont know how good their hold cards are.. they do seem to call with any 2 cards to reasonable raises that should push them out of the hand, that way you would not end up losing to that straight made by stupid hold cards played..

at the minute  i have found that now they are playing any 2 suited cards no matter wot you seem to raise.. even watched someone at my table call 600(100bb) with 7 3 suited and chased it down the street and caught a flush... u cud say he had soo many cards to go after, but i had folded K10 of that suit so he had less, not to mention if anyone else had folded that suit.

• edited September 2011
    sorry but there are alot of donks on this site now that dont know how good their hold cards are.. they do seem to call with any 2 cards to reasonable raises that should push them out of the hand, that way you would not end up losing to that straight made by stupid hold cards played.. at the minute  i have found that now they are playing any 2 suited cards no matter wot you seem to raise.. even watched someone at my table call 600(100bb) with 7 3 suited and chased it down the street and caught a flush... u cud say he had soo many cards to go after, but i had folded K10 of that suit so he had less, not to mention if anyone else had folded that suit.
    Posted by bigal36903
    But you folded so why moan? We all have gr8 hands when we fold..