You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

"Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary"

Comments

• edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    In Response to  Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" :  Not really Bonk.  But he's the expert.  Even though they aren't helping with the initial problem of fatigue/lethargy etc, maybe they are helping in other ways such as motivation to get up and do things despite the health issues.  As he said last week, I wont really understand the full impact they had until I stop taking them.  I'll give the full 40mg ones a month and speak to him again. You do know fish fingers are in breadcrumbs right? BREAD IS THE DEVIL. CALORIEZZZZZZZ.  Fresh steamed cod with a side of (no more than) 8 garden peas ftw!  
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

No wonder you need the A.D!

• edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : No wonder you need the A.D!
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    The peas are a treat after the everyday green sludge for brekky. 

CERRRRRRRR
    MIT
    MENT 

:)
  • edited March 2016

Good luck with the diet JJ.

I'm mid-diet myself, & have dropped 2st 1lb in 2 months & 2 weeks. The better we do when dieting, the more we are encouraged to stick to it rigidly.

Once our heads are in the right place, it's the easiest thing ever.

Garden peas? I have a WHOLE TIN (small tin, admittedly) every day.

Proper pea chirp, that.  

• edited March 2016
    Ten and half months off the booze and 21.5lbs weight-loss in 2016 are both massive achievements. I'm super-impressed, you should be very proud of yourself. The dog volunteering sounds like a another big positive step too.

If you can do those things you can definitely do a half-marathon. After a 12 year 'break' I returned to running in April 2014, starting with 2 minutes jog/2 minutes walk, for 24 minutes first time out. I slowly built it up and did my first half marathon in Cardiff in October of that year. I've ran in another four half-marathons since then, reducing my best time to 1 hour 43 minutes in Coventry five weeks ago.

Those first few runs are always by far the toughest. If you stick at it you'll soon improve, it gets much easier when you settle into a training pace that suits you. Keeping some sort of running diary so you can see your progress in black and white is highly recommended.

Big city running events are a wonderful experience, you'd love it. Everybody is in it together, supporting and encouraging each other, regardless of age/size/ability. It's only really a 'race' for a few elite guys at the front. Being cheered-on and encouraged by the spectators makes it feel even more amazing.

Run well, literally :)

https://www.strava.com/activities/436665793
  • edited March 2016
    Ten and half months off the booze and 21.5lbs weight-loss in 2016 are both massive achievements. I'm super-impressed, you should be very proud of yourself. The dog volunteering sounds like a another big positive step too. If you can do those things you can definitely do a half-marathon. After a 12 year 'break' I returned to running in April 2014, starting with 2 minutes jog/2 minutes walk, for 24 minutes first time out. I slowly built it up and did my first half marathon in Cardiff in October of that year. I've ran in another four half-marathons since then, reducing my best time to 1 hour 43 minutes in Coventry five weeks ago. Those first few runs are always by far the toughest. If you stick at it you'll soon improve, it gets much easier when you settle into a training pace that suits you. Keeping some sort of running diary so you can see your progress in black and white is highly recommended. Big city running events are a wonderful experience, you'd love it. Everybody is in it together, supporting and encouraging each other, regardless of age/size/ability. It's only really a 'race' for a few elite guys at the front. Being cheered-on and encouraged by the spectators makes it feel even more amazing. Run well, literally :)https://www.strava.com/activities/436665793
    Posted by GaryQQQ

I don't do any running - obv - buy my young lady does, & I can really relate to that, the atmo is simply wonderful, just 100% good vibes to & from everyone. We - well her, with me as her support, have done 5 so far, & they have been a real eye opener. There's a different world out there.

As for me, part of my "diet" consists of a daily walk, something I've never done before. I walk 2 miles every weekday, & 4 miles every Saturday & Sunday, so that's 18 miles per week, &, in total, close to 200 miles since I began on January 16th. To me, that's amazing, but I guess Gary won't be quite as impressed, given he regularly walks the length & breadth of the country. ;)  

• edited March 2016
    Good read sir, often read and don't post - think you are up to at least 10 known readers now mate :)

Good luck with the diet and poker bud 
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    Ten and half months off the booze and 21.5lbs weight-loss in 2016 are both massive achievements. I'm super-impressed, you should be very proud of yourself. The dog volunteering sounds like a another big positive step too. If you can do those things you can definitely do a half-marathon. After a 12 year 'break' I returned to running in April 2014, starting with 2 minutes jog/2 minutes walk, for 24 minutes first time out. I slowly built it up and did my first half marathon in Cardiff in October of that year. I've ran in another four half-marathons since then, reducing my best time to 1 hour 43 minutes in Coventry five weeks ago. Those first few runs are always by far the toughest. If you stick at it you'll soon improve, it gets much easier when you settle into a training pace that suits you. Keeping some sort of running diary so you can see your progress in black and white is highly recommended. Big city running events are a wonderful experience, you'd love it. Everybody is in it together, supporting and encouraging each other, regardless of age/size/ability. It's only really a 'race' for a few elite guys at the front. Being cheered-on and encouraged by the spectators makes it feel even more amazing. Run well, literally :) https://www.strava.com/activities/436665793
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    You started at pretty much the same intensity as me and you completed a half marathon almost exactly 6 months later which is my goal. Inspiration, it can be done! :)

That link looks cool too, I've been running mainly on the treadmill so far but it's incredibly boring. When I go out for walks I usually use the Endomondo app, but STRAVA looks alot better, 

Thanks. 

Good luck with the diet JJ. I'm mid-diet myself, & have dropped 2st 1lb in 2 months & 2 weeks. The better we do when dieting, the more we are encouraged to stick to it rigidly.   Once our heads are in the right place, it's the easiest thing ever. Garden peas? I have a WHOLE TIN (small tin, admittedly) every day.   Proper pea chirp, that.    
    Posted by Tikay10

As with Garys running history above you have gone and achieved my current goal!

Any tips diet wise?

I try to eat 'properly' as often as possible, so 3 decent meals per day with the obvious "lots of veg" and some fruit etc. 

Completely avoid chocolate, sweets, crisps, cake, sugar, ice cream, mayo etc etc

All the above is rather easy for me, it's avoiding chippys and bacon butties that presents the real challenge but so far, so good with that. 

My problem area/weakness is snacking, I give in too easily to cereal like allbran/bran flakes. 

It's not the 'worst' thing to turn to when peckish but it is deceptively calorific, and if there was an equally filling alternative it may help me progress abit faster. 

Well done on losing 2 stone in 2 months though, that's really incredible work especially as you are in very decent shape to start with! 

It's abit easier here as I have plenty of excess timber to lose :) 

----

I've just completed this weeks weigh in, and I'm down another 4 lbs, taking the total loss to 11* lbs inside 3 weeks. 

Just about on course to 'get thereeeeeeeeeeeee'.

Off to see the dogs to celebrate :)

• edited March 2016

If you have shed 11lbs in 3 weeks, you don't need advice from me or anyone else, keep doing what you are doing, but BE PATIENT, this is a long journey.

I would not say I was in decent shape to start with though, I had a proper beer belly, & I don't drink.....

It's all about mindset, this dieting thing.

My biggest asset is keeping busy. When I have nothing to do, my mind wanders to food, "what can I have to eat?", but by keeping busy I don't have time to "snack". So there are no "empty" periods in my day - I'm either working, writing, walking, sleeping, or playing poker. I do have a 1 hour "do nothing" slot each evening (dinner time), & a 30 minute do nothing slot early afternoon (light lunch time) but that apart, I just keep busy.

Light lunch is 4 Rivitas, Philly Low Fat cheese & fresh sliced toms. If you are hungry enough, they are delish. 

The only other food intake is my evening meal. 2 chicken breasts, a small tin of garden peas, & a small tin of tomatoes laced with Worcester Sauce to add flavour. That is followed by a giant bowl of fruit - as much as I can eat - & then matzot & cheese.

No lattes, just tea, no sugar obv, or sparkling water.  

That may sound dull, but when we are hungry, ALL food tastes wonderful.

I shall lose another 7lbs, & then that's it, job done, & I'll revert to eating badly, & pile it all back on again. I've done the same routine every year for 40 years, which shows how unbelievably stupid I am.

Anyway, you are doing just fine, so don't change a thing. But most of all, don't weaken or yield, be OBSESSIVE. 

A side bonus is that your self-esteem will be much enhanced by having achieved something really meaningful.

Good luck JJ.  

• edited March 2016
    Good luck with the diet JJ. I'm mid-diet myself, & have dropped 2st 1lb in 2 months & 2 weeks. The better we do when dieting, the more we are encouraged to stick to it rigidly.   Once our heads are in the right place, it's the easiest thing ever. Garden peas? I have a WHOLE TIN (small tin, admittedly) every day.   Proper pea chirp, that.    
    Posted by Tikay10

All this pea talk...

Do you not prefer frozen over tinned? (locked in goodness, innit. The advert told me so)

Birdseye even do frozen peas for the super lazy like me - a serving in individual steam bags which 'chef Mike' can do in about 2 minutes :)

I like peas.

• edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : All this pea talk... Do you not prefer frozen over tinned? (locked in goodness, innit. The advert told me so) Birdseye even do frozen peas for the super lazy like me - a serving in individual steam bags which 'chef Mike' can do in about 2 minutes :) I like peas.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Be weary of the "seasoned butter" they try to sneak into those bags. 

Not just 1 lump either. 

They decide to stick 6 little lumps in and make them look like sweetcorn just so us fatties have a tougher job picking them out!

pffffft. Can't even trust veg to be healthy nowardays. 
  • edited March 2016
    If you have shed 11lbs in 3 weeks, you don't need advice from me or anyone else, keep doing what you are doing, but BE PATIENT, this is a long journey. I would not say I was in decent shape to start with though, I had a proper beer belly, & I don't drink..... It's all about mindset, this dieting thing. My biggest asset is keeping busy. When I have nothing to do, my mind wanders to food, "what can I have to eat?", but by keeping busy I don't have time to "snack". So there are no "empty" periods in my day - I'm either working, writing, walking, sleeping, or playing poker. I do have a 1 hour "do nothing" slot each evening (dinner time), & a 30 minute do nothing slot early afternoon (light lunch time) but that apart, I just keep busy. Light lunch is 4 Rivitas, Philly Low Fat cheese & fresh sliced toms. If you are hungry enough, they are delish.  The only other food intake is my evening meal. 2 chicken breasts, a small tin of garden peas, & a small tin of tomatoes laced with Worcester Sauce to add flavour. That is followed by a giant bowl of fruit - as much as I can eat - & then matzot & cheese. No lattes, just tea, no sugar obv, or sparkling water.   That may sound dull, but when we are hungry, ALL food tastes wonderful. I shall lose another 7lbs, & then that's it, job done, & I'll revert to eating badly, & pile it all back on again. I've done the same routine every year for 40 years, which shows how unbelievably stupid I am.   Anyway, you are doing just fine, so don't change a thing. But most of all, don't weaken or yield, be OBSESSIVE.  A side bonus is that your self-esteem will be much enhanced by having achieved something really meaningful.   Good luck JJ.     
    Posted by Tikay10

This is so true!

I hate being hungry, it's 1 of my biggest fears! (along with dentists, Tuna, woodlice and monotone flops)

I look forward to meal times so much more now, and you're right all good, clean food tastes amazing. I'll never go back to the sh*te I used to eat now  :)

• edited March 2016
    Peas and sweetcorn are the exceptions to the eat as much veg as you like diet mantra.

Curly kale. Its the future. Comes in handy pre shredded bags for just a quid in most supermarkets and ready in 3 mins in boiling water.

PS welcome back. Nice to read a bunch of good news and upward trends. 

Any book news?
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Be weary of the "seasoned butter" they try to sneak into those bags.  Not just 1 lump either.  They decide to stick 6 little lumps in and make them look like sweetcorn just so us fatties have a tougher job picking them out! pffffft. Can't even trust veg to be healthy nowardays. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

No.. the peas are just peas - no butter (some of the others have that). They're well handy :)

• edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : This is so true! I hate being hungry, it's 1 of my biggest fears! (along with dentists, Tuna, woodlice and monotone flops) I look forward to meal times so much more now, and you're right all good, clean food tastes amazing. I'll never go back to the sh*te I used to eat now  :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Creepy.

And what's Tuna ever done to ya? haha It's just a big fish.

• edited March 2016
    Peas and sweetcorn are the exceptions to the eat as much veg as you like diet mantra. Curly kale. Its the future. Comes in handy pre shredded bags for just a quid in most supermarkets and ready in 3 mins in boiling water. PS welcome back. Nice to read a bunch of good news and upward trends.  Any book news?
    Posted by Phantom66
    I was dreading this question.   :/ 

I'm still 100 pages from the end of ELEVEN, I got really lazy with it. 

I've been back to the library and renewed it 3 times since I last had a read of it. 

It's getting embarrassing, I contemplated making the excuse that I struggle with reading to justify the 3rd renewal!

I will get it done though because I refuse to a) renew it again and b) not finish it!

Interested in the peas and sweetcorn thing, because they're my most commonly eaten veg....

What's the limit and problem with going over the limit with them?

I shove a load of kale in the morning smoothie (see imgur above) but can't seem to get on with it in 'non blitzed up' form. :/

• edited March 2016
    If reading aint your thing its no biggie.

Be a shame not to finish eleven though.

Maybe switch to audio books to pass the excecise time with?

Peas and sweetcorn. I'm no nutritionist just going by when mrs p did a certain diet programme most veg didnt count but peas and sweetcorn scored points. Plus I vaguely remember some sesnsationalist over reporting about peas and sweetcorn making you fat. I just googled it. It was a study by Harvard into what people ate and whether they gained or lost weight.
  • edited March 2016
    I'm not sure if this is you JJ, or anyone else in d fred, but don't be hating too much on fat -  it's a macronutrient that is essential for your diet. There are different types, though, and you should be getting plenty of unsaturated fats (oil, nuts, avocados etc) and plenty of fatty acids like omega 3 & 6, while trying to avoid too much saturated fat. Just because you eat fat doesn't mean you'll become fat, or get more fat - it provides energy and stores excess food energy, as well as providing insulation and protection to our internal organs. 

It joins protein and carbs as the 3 macronutrients required on a daily basis, but the big thing is that carbs is actually the most important, or should be the most prominent. In the UK, a lot of people seem to base their meal around meat (protein), and actually, that should only be around 1/6th of your plate. Carbs is the big one, and it should take up approx 1/3rd of your plate. You can also get PLENTY of protein from nuts, seeds etc

There are also different types of carbs, and again plenty of misinformation about them - as far as I'm aware, the best type of carbs is the wholemeal and wholewheat complex variation (for the necessary FIBER boost), rather than white complex carbs - so all you have to do is simply look for the wholemeal/wholeweat packaging, and simple carbs should be reduced (white/brown sugar, honey etc). The more complex carbs take longer to break down, are slow-releasing and give us a more sustained level of energy and apparently should = 1/3rd of our meals. 

Why do you think bread is the devil? You can buy wholewheat seedy bread which is a great alternative to white bread, and a brilliant source of starchy carbs.

I'm not sure if you knew that stuff or not, but thought I'd write it anyway, and to answer your Q - peas are high in vitamin c, and I don't think eating over the "recommended daily intake" of VC is much of a problem, if any (of course don't just eat peas........). Check google for nutritional information of different veggies/fruits etc.

on a more personal level, I love making food and I'd recommend eating some different fresh produce every day. You can even do it seasonally for best flavours, and it actually doesn't get boring. You can make so many diff great dishes that are quite simple. Then again, I do have a passion for doing it and I understand other people cba lol, and other people probably have less time than me (or so I keep hearing) hehe
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re::
    I'm not sure if this is you JJ, or anyone else in d fred, but don't be hating too much on fat -  it's a macronutrient that is essential for your diet. There are different types, though, and you should be getting plenty of unsaturated fats (oil, nuts, avocados etc) and plenty of fatty acids like omega 3 & 6, while trying to avoid too much saturated fat. (snip snip)
    Posted by percival09

Top stuff.

I mentioned, in a slightly jokey way (fish fingers) Omega-3. I've been on these things for quite a while and it's amazing the effect they have on my aches (was getting RSI related pain, and by RSI I don't mean wan....), and even blood pressure. I take six a day. The odd fishy burp is a small price to pay.

• edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: : Top stuff. I mentioned, in a slightly jokey way (fish fingers) Omega-3. I've been on  these things  for quite a while and it's amazing the effect they have on my aches (was getting RSI related pain, and by RSI I don't mean wan....), and even blood pressure. I take six a day. The odd fishy burp is a small price to pay.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    so fish fingers are good for you i never knew that,i eat fish regulary,smoked haddock,cod,salmon and tuna i normally steam cook them,fish is good for you 
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: : so fish fingers are good for you i never knew that,i eat fish regulary,smoked haddock,cod,salmon and tuna i normally steam cook them,fish is good for you 
    Posted by stokefc
    My good lady and I had a trout for dinner last night, today it is swimming out of my a**e, methinks I'm allergic :)
  • edited March 2016
    I often read your diary jj, I skim through the poker stuff and focus on the real life bits, I read it this morning as I am going through a hard time at present and it helped me so thank you.
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: : so fish fingers are good for you i never knew that,i eat fish regulary,smoked haddock,cod,salmon and tuna i normally steam cook them,fish is good for you 
    Posted by stokefc

Fish fingers are amazing (particularly with mash & peas) but in this case I was joking - please see the link I provided :D

Anyway. Just order a Dominos Meat Feast. DOHHHHHHM won't wanna read this. Soz mate.

• edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: : My good lady and I had a trout for dinner last night, today it is swimming out of my a**e, methinks I'm allergic :)
    Posted by tomgoodun

I have heard it referred to as "fish in a bucket", because of the way it sounds :) Keep well, Tom.

• edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: : Fish fingers are amazing (particularly with mash & peas) but in this case I was joking - please see the link I provided :D Anyway. Just order a Dominos Meat Feast. DOHHHHHHM won't wanna read this. Soz mate.  
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    ha , i missed the link , how dumb :)
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to  Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : You started at pretty much the same intensity as me and you completed a half marathon almost exactly 6 months later which is my goal. Inspiration, it can be done! :) That link looks cool too, I've been running mainly on the treadmill so far but it's incredibly boring.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    It can definitely be done, but you'll need to get in at least three runs per week through that time to make it. I started with a base of fitness in my legs due to walking roughly 8 miles per day in my job, plus the coast walking on top. The toughest part is going from being a non-runner to being able to run 3 miles non-stop. Just focus on that for now. If you make it that far you'll definitely be able to run a half-marathon as long as you don't get bad-beat by injury or illness. Increasing from 3 to 13 is less difficult than going from 0 to 3.

Treadmills are a useful tool, great in bad weather for example, but notorious for being the most boring way to run. It's a different, slightly easier type of running too. Before participating in a road race you should do most of your training on the road.

If possible enter a small local event before the big one, rather than dive straight in the deep end. It'll give you a good feel for how it all works. Park runs (Google is your friend, 'parkrun') are an excellent introduction, highly recommended, very popular with people new to running. Hopefully there'll be one every Saturday morning somewhere near you. If not a local 10K (6 miles) race is a good stepping stone.

Good luck.
  • edited April 2016
    I <3 u DOHHH, keep up the good work :) 
  • edited April 2016
    It must be April Fools
    Half marathon!!!!!!!! (sorry teeks)
    If you want a sensible challenge aim for a nice 10k run. Aiming for a half marathon is setting yourself up to fail. We can't all be super heroes.

PS how's Candide? 
  • edited April 2016
    Another very interested reader here, really impressed with how you're trying to turn your life around. You've done incredibly well, keep up the good work. 
    Posted by splashies

+1 defo under repping your progress i think, 
    -improved/improving diet/health/fitness
    -being productive with volunteer work 
     Setting achievable goals is a good idea i think as it gives you a sense of purpose + achievement when you get there, problem most people have is is slumping if they fail/struggle, they convince themselves it was an awful idea/aimed too high/ feel even worse about themselves, whereas it's really just part of the reason it feels so good when you actually complete something however long it takes.

If your looking for a decent book check out the sickening mind by paul martin it's a book i had to read during my degree, i'm not much of a reader but that had me hooked straight away and it really opened my eyes to a different way of viewing physical and mental illness. 

glgl with poke and life grind!

• edited April 2016
    Ah I love this diary when it takes off for a few days, so much helpful stuff, as well as encouragement and some inspriring comments. 

Maybe monthly updates are the way forward. 

In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : It can definitely be done, but you'll need to get in at least three runs per week through that time to make it. I started with a base of fitness in my legs due to walking roughly 8 miles per day in my job, plus the coast walking on top. The toughest part is going from being a non-runner to being able to run 3 miles non-stop. Just focus on that for now. If you make it that far you'll definitely be able to run a half-marathon as long as you don't get bad-beat by injury or illness. Increasing from 3 to 13 is less difficult than going from 0 to 3. Treadmills are a useful tool, great in bad weather for example, but notorious for being the most boring way to run. It's a different, slightly easier type of running too. Before participating in a road race you should do most of your training on the road. If possible enter a small local event before the big one, rather than dive straight in the deep end. It'll give you a good feel for how it all works. Park runs (Google is your friend, 'parkrun') are an excellent introduction, highly recommended, very popular with people new to running. Hopefully there'll be one every Saturday morning somewhere near you. If not a local 10K (6 miles) race is a good stepping stone.   Good luck.
    Posted by GaryQQQ

This is my focus at the moment Gary. 

I heard about an NHS initiative that tries to guide people through the process of going from 0 to being able to run 5km within 8 weeks. 

It reccommends (as you say) running under their intstuction 3 times a week at gradually increasing intensities and in the end we can run 5km (just over 3 miles) without stopping. 

It's hard to explain to people just how little I did during my 5/6 year life downswing. 

I literally never moved more than going up and down the stairs. 

The most intense exercise I did during that period was unloading 8 crates of strongbow out of the baskets into my shed when the tesco man delivered them. It'd often take me an hour of lying down afterwards for my heart rate to return to normal. 

I was starting from absolute zero in terms of exercise.

I remember my first walk outside around 9.5 months ago, I tried to walk 100 yards alongside a quiet river bank and had to sit down on a bench half way through it as I was sweating, my heart was thumping and I felt sick.

Probably alot to do with anxiety but also exposes my horrific fitness levels. 

It's taken 9 months for me to basically learn to walk again. 

Now walking, especially late at night is one of my favourite hobbies :)

I often read your diary jj, I skim through the poker stuff and focus on the real life bits, I read it this morning as I am going through a hard time at present and it helped me so thank you.
    Posted by tomgoodun

A mate of mine read this thread once when someone said similar, and pointed out that it's a really big deal when something as simple as my online forum thread can help someone in whatever way in their own life. With advice or morale or whatever it may be. 

It really hit home, and makes me feel v good when I read these sorts of comments now. 

Thanks for posting, I hope you can keep battling away and in turn continue to inspire many others around you :)

I <3 u DOHHH, keep up the good work :) 
    Posted by mrsduck

Thread winner :)

In Response to Re: : Fish fingers are amazing (particularly with mash & peas) but in this case I was joking - please see the link I provided :D Anyway. Just order a Dominos Meat Feast. DOHHHHHHM won't wanna read this. Soz mate.  
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    You know I read somewhere there is 'only' 2,000 calories in a dominoes pizza. 

If I just eat 1 of those a day and nothing else, I'll still lose 2 lbs a week. 

If I fail wi the peas and carrots diet it's good to know I have a plan B.

I watched a programme on ch 4 or 5 a while back where nutritionists put a load of fatties on different diets to see which one was most effective. 

1 chap was told to not change the type of food he ate at all, he could eat as much fast food and takeaway as he liked as long as he didnt go over 1.8k calories per day. 

He lost more weight than all the other 'guinea pigs'.

#samplesize

----

Thanks to everyone else who has commented, I don't have time to reply to all, it's Saturday, the bookies are expecting me anytime to make my weekly donations. I'm late. 

And apologies for not replying sooner, I went for a game of snooker on Thursday and may have had a few alcoholic beverages for the first time this year. 

I guess if I want to avoid turning into 1 of those diaries that only reports the wins and ignores the bricks I have to mention that. 

6 pints of carling extra cold!

189 calories in each!

Takes my alcohol consumption over the last 10.5 months to...

11 pints & 2 bottles of bud at snooker. 

1 pint randomly in a pub.

3 cans of lager at home on Xmas day. 

meh. 

Laying in bed yesterday slightly hungover and extremely tired was enough to make me not want to do it again. 

Total waste of a day, it's just not worth it. 

-----

Ty Geldy for the (maybe much needed) injection of realism. :)

If I had a printer I'd make a copy of that quote and stick it on my treadmill!

I don't so I'll just try and remember it next time I'm feeling lazy :)

-----

Betting, poker, and sport on TV for me today. Look a good boxing card on sky tonight. 

Then a BIG fitness week starts tomorrow, reaching the middle of the challenge weeks 4 5 and 6 are where I really planned to up the intensity and go hard. 

Have a good weekend y'all.

• edited April 2016
    Fwiw I disagree with Geldy. I think aiming to run a half marathon is more than realistic, as long as you are prepared to put the training in. You're not probably not going to finish with a decent time, but there is no reason why you can't complete the run. It will give you a great sense of achievement, so I say go for it!