You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How should i have played this hand?

2»

Comments

• edited September 2011
    Sillymunch.

I'm using a hand range from an older Dudeskin clinic post alongside DOHHHHHHH's nl4 tips.

Open raise with any pocket pair, A10+, KJ+, QJs.

3 bet with AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AK.

Call an opening raise with 2's to 10's, KQ, AJ.

Hope this helps.
  • edited September 2011
    This is what i mean Silly i hope you was just having a bad day, do not in anyway take it personally! we are all posting to help you, Perhaps you havent read Dohhhh's guide properly or i recommend keep reading it because at nl4 the only way up is Super Tight/ Solid ABC, is there any point you posting if the minute you get a bit of critcism you then start explaining why you did this or that or get the hump with people telling you how you should play it. Again dont take offence personally but we are all trying to help your game GL
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: How should i have played this hand?:
    Whether your opponent made a bad call or not is not the important thing in this hand. You cant change how badly people play their hands or how the cards fall, you can only change your own play. If your not willing to look at your own play and take criticism then you wont improve. If you just want us to say 'wp so unlucky!' then post in BBV and not the clinic.
    Posted by offshoot
    Oh my God.

Please, PLEASE, marry me, Offshoot.

I must get 10 Messages a day telling me how "the other guy played the hand so bad", (code for "I lost the hand") & I'm thinking, "what!?"......

Gonna QFT, once more, because it's so succinct......

".....Whether your opponent made a bad call or not is not the important thing in this hand. You cant change how badly people play their hands or how the cards fall, you can only change your own play....."

• edited September 2011
    Sillymunch. I'm using a hand range from an older Dudeskin clinic post alongside DOHHHHHHH's nl4 tips. Open raise with any pocket pair, A10+, KJ+, QJs. 3 bet with AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AK. Call an opening raise with 2's to 10's, KQ, AJ. Hope this helps.
    Posted by harding10
    Ahhhhh this is exactly the kind of thing i needed, i made my own little spreadsheet of hands i would call / raise in what position, and apparently it was too loose xP so i got confused how loose i was meant to be as i am prety sure i got my list from this site xD
  • edited September 2011
    This is what i mean Silly i hope you was just having a bad day, do not in anyway take it personally! we are all posting to help you, Perhaps you havent read Dohhhh's guide properly or i recommend keep reading it because at nl4 the only way up is Super Tight/ Solid ABC, is there any point you posting if the minute you get a bit of critcism you then start explaining why you did this or that or get the hump with people telling you how you should play it. Again dont take offence personally but we are all trying to help your game GL
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Yes... i was having a bad day, a very bad one ;o people had been making bad calls all day to me and having it paid off, think i took my 29 pound bankroll all the way down to 11 >< or near enough, 
    as for explaining my reasoning, im autistic, of course im gonna say why i did something that way people can understand where im coming from and tell me where my logic is flawed (logic is what my autism is all about everything has to be logical to me, also why sometimes the way you say things just stress me out more, i have no objection you helping me with criticism, i like criticism if i didnt get it i wouldnt be able to improve, i just need the criticism to be less blunt and more explanational, so that i can understand it and put it into my game instead of me just reading dont play that like that xD
    Hope you understand what im trying to say lol, cus honestly i have never taken offence from anyone :) im usually a really laid back kinda guy, lol
  • edited September 2011
    Ok Silly i will bare in mind for future my apologise was never personal i have always been the same to Don, i just say in a way i think that you will learn from it.

Anyways onwards and upwards IMO get grinding those DYM's and GL
  • edited September 2011
    Ok Silly i will bare in mind for future my apologise was never personal i have always been the same to Don, i just say in a way i think that you will learn from it. Anyways onwards and upwards IMO get grinding those DYM's and GL
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    thank you :) BR is now up to £56 xD but i kinda cheated for a boost of BR ;o by putting a bet on ipswitch to beat cov ;o
  • edited September 2011
    lol nice one always a bonus ;) i never put bets on as does the opposite for me
  • edited September 2011
    lol nice one always a bonus ;) i never put bets on as does the opposite for me
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Awwwww well i did my research xD
    in the past most times Ipswitch beat cov, they usually both score, and ipswitch most of the time are the first to score, think it was something like 56 wins, 22 losses, and 25 draws, also i knew that cov had key players missing, or coming back from injury so they would of been out of practise, as a result i put the bet on ipswitch to win xP but if they drew i would of got my money back.