You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HOW FAKE!!!

edited October 2009 in Area 51
Goes with the job, I'm sure he does get fed up with it sometimes but it is what makes sky stand out.

Sometimes they ask rediculously long questions and he has to tell them to post them here.

Although most of the deepstack players are regulars and as such, tikay has played/chatted with them many times before.

I know, I enjoyed a few DYM's with the man and Lisa-marie recently, although there was plenty of chat, I dont think anyone put him on a pedestal. Although, I have to admit though, we all bought our A game as no one wanted to be embarrassed in front of the man himself.

Comments

• edited October 2009
    Im not sure if this post/question/rant is in the right catergory but just had 2 say something!!!

A friend of mine is in Tikays sleepstack (its on atm) and they are seated on same table as the man himself.

B4 u start thinking Im gonna have a dig at Tikay here, Im not

Ive just had a look at the table and am speechless, well actually Im not (if talking was a catergory in the Olympics Id win gold)

Its just so so FAKE,everyody is there chatty away and being nice just because Tikay is there.Even people r chatty on the table that arnt even in the tourny.

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

And b4 I get some smart answer back saying well u chat on the tables. YES i do but my chat is real and I chat with people cos I want 2 not because there famous.
  • edited October 2009
    hi me ole playstation---lol----not trying to wind you up but if you read this carefully you may be able to see that people that are chatting away to tikay are only in fact doing so because they know how easy it is to chat away to eachother about any old rubbish just to make themselves look like people that are all together chatting away like friendly people because they all were told earlier that chatting away in a friendly manner to tikay and everyone else on the table would inevitably wind you up---lol----xxxxx
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: HOW FAKE!!!:
    Goes with the job, I'm sure he does get fed up with it sometimes but it is what makes sky stand out. Sometimes they ask rediculously long questions and he has to tell them to post them here. Although most of the deepstack players are regulars and as such, tikay has played/chatted with them many times before. I know, I enjoyed a few DYM's with the man and Lisa-marie recently, although there was plenty of chat, I dont think anyone put him on a pedestal. Although, I have to admit though, we all bought our A game as no one wanted to be embarrassed in front of the man himself.
    Posted by Hale72
    Yeah I understand Hale but its ppl Ive played on tables 4 and they havent said a word to ANYBODY
  • edited October 2009
    I'm young(ish), wealthy(ish) and handsome(ish) and exceptionally famous(ish), but few talk to me from the rail. I guess they target Tikay because of his love of GWR locomotives. No one can deny - it's a draw :)

I loved GWR as a kid. I collected the Hornby models.

Oh, that's it now... my rail will never be quiet again... :-/

• edited October 2009
    hi me ole playstation---lol----not trying to wind you up but if you read this carefully you may be able to see that people that are chatting away to tikay are only in fact doing so because they know how easy it is to chat away to eachother about any old rubbish just to make themselves look like people that are all together chatting away like friendly people because they all were told earlier that chatting away in a friendly manner to tikay and everyone else on the table would inevitably wind you up---lol----xxxxx
    Posted by oynutter

LMAO WHERES MY GUN XXX
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to HOW FAKE!!!:
    Im not sure if this post/question/rant is in the right catergory but just had 2 say something!!! A friend of mine is in Tikays sleepstack (its on atm) and they are seated on same table as the man himself. B4 u start thinking Im gonna have a dig at Tikay here, Im not Ive just had a look at the table and am speechless, well actually Im not (if talking was a catergory in the Olympics Id win gold) Its just so so FAKE,everyody is there chatty away and being nice just because Tikay is there.Even people r chatty on the table that arnt even in the tourny. OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG And b4 I get some smart answer back saying well u chat on the tables. YES i do but my chat is real and I chat with people cos I want 2 not because there famous.
    Posted by xFALLENx
    Hi Fallen,
    I DO take exception to the fact you think that we only chat at Tony's table because he's "famous".
    Before i started on Sky Poker i didn't know who he was, so he cant be that famous. 
    I have met Tony on numerous occasions and spent a lot of time talking to the man.
    He is a very interesting person, who takes time out of his working day, to talk to anyone who wants to talk to him.
    There are a lot of players who have built up online friendships and then met them live. I tend to chat to these people. Not because they are "famous", but because they are genuinely nice people.
    I take it from this post that you wont be joining in on the chat when any of the presenters are on the tables, well thats your loss as they can be a laugh.
  • edited October 2009
    Like I say, it goes with the territory.

Sky is the only site with it's own channel, and whats more the presenters/analysts frequent the tables on a daily basis, whether they are working or not.

They will get railers and chatters and yes, more people play on Tikay's tables when he's on. Why do you think they run the PTP nights?

If you went to a club and a 'celeb' was there, I have no doubts he would be swamped with well wishers.

It's very rare to be seated next to a pro, of course people will want to talk to him.

Tikay has a lot of respect for this site, so he chooses to be here daily. He has other sites he has an interest in financially but I genuinly think he believes in Sky poker and has risked a lot of his reputation on it.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to HOW FAKE!!! : Hi Fallen, I DO take exception to the fact you think that we only chat at Tony's table because he's "famous". Before i started on Sky Poker i didn't know who he was, so he cant be that famous.  I have met Tony on numerous occasions and spent a lot of time talking to the man. He is a very interesting person, who takes time out of his working day, to talk to anyone who wants to talk to him. There are a lot of players who have built up online friendships and then met them live. I tend to chat to these people. Not because they are "famous", but because they are genuinely nice people. I take it from this post that you wont be joining in on the chat when any of the presenters are on the tables, well thats your loss as they can be a laugh.
    Posted by mr_mbro
    Oh come on Ive spoke 2 u b4

I didnt mean everybody and u kno it, I mean all the fake people on there.

which there are !!! (ive played on tables with them b4 and seen them be rude and aggressive 2 others) I kno there are genuine friendships on here, I have some very good buddies who i chat with loads.
  • edited October 2009
    There is nothing wrong with chatting up presenters oops talking to presenters. 

I think part of the the point he is making is there isnt a great deal of chat elsewhere unless it arguing etc
  • edited October 2009
    Like I say, it goes with the territory. Sky is the only site with it's own channel, and whats more the presenters/analysts frequent the tables on a daily basis, whether they are working or not. They will get railers and chatters and yes, more people play on Tikay's tables when he's on. Why do you think they run the PTP nights? If you went to a club and a 'celeb' was there, I have no doubts he would be swamped with well wishers. It's very rare to be seated next to a pro, of course people will want to talk to him. Tikay has a lot of respect for this site, so he chooses to be here daily. He has other sites he has an interest in financially but I genuinly think he believes in Sky poker and has risked a lot of his reputation on it.
    Posted by Hale72
    Hey

Im just making the point of how SOME peoples behaviour changes.

SOME!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited October 2009
    oooooooooooooooooooooh sry
  • edited October 2009
    I'm not disputing that some behaviour changes in front of people.

When I speak to my mother, I also act differently to when I speak to my husband.

Yes, some players are generally derogatory on the tables and they change when TK is around. It's like breaking wind in front of the vicar, you just don't do it.

I like to feel that most of those that chat to him have done so many, many times, live, on the tables and on the forum so as such they treat him like a friend.

I have many friends here that I chat too when on the tables, I feel TK is no exception and don't treat him any different to players like merenovice or elsadog or acebarry or mrmbro, etc etc etc.

TK will always have friends here and I have no doubts a small minority do talk just because he is around but you will find that most of the players who talk to him are very regular forum posters and as such have built up a friendship/trust with the man.

When we played a DYM recently, after about ten minutes, one chappie asked if he could join in as he didn't think he was welcome in the conversation as he hadn't been invited to talk and didn't know if it was private or not. TK was the first to pull him into the chat. I met him on a game the following day and he was genuinly over the moon. His business with this site is now assured for at least 6 months, if not forever.

So yes, TK has his fair share of railers, but ultimately they are spending their money here and not over on pokerstars. But the vast majority who speak to him are genuine friends.
  • edited October 2009
    I'm not disputing that some behaviour changes in front of people. When I speak to my mother, I also act differently to when I speak to my husband. Yes, some players are generally derogatory on the tables and they change when TK is around. It's like breaking wind in front of the vicar, you just don't do it. I like to feel that most of those that chat to him have done so many, many times, live, on the tables and on the forum so as such they treat him like a friend. I have many friends here that I chat too when on the tables, I feel TK is no exception and don't treat him any different to players like merenovice or elsadog or acebarry or mrmbro, etc etc etc. TK will always have friends here and I have no doubts a small minority do talk just because he is around but you will find that most of the players who talk to him are very regular forum posters and as such have built up a friendship/trust with the man. When we played a DYM recently, after about ten minutes, one chappie asked if he could join in as he didn't think he was welcome in the conversation as he hadn't been invited to talk and didn't know if it was private or not. TK was the first to pull him into the chat. I met him on a game the following day and he was genuinly over the moon. His business with this site is now assured for at least 6 months, if not forever. So yes, TK has his fair share of railers, but ultimately they are spending their money here and not over on pokerstars. But the vast majority who speak to him are genuine friends.
    Posted by Hale72
    I really do understand that the majority of people are genuine.....this is aimed at the people who ARNT
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: HOW FAKE!!! : I really do understand that the majority of people are genuine.....this is aimed at the people who ARNT
    Posted by xFALLENx
    I really understand that, but the ones who are there just because it's TK are the ones that will tell their friends at work about their 'run in' with a 'celeb' and the ones that will continue to use the site and pay the rake because of it.
  • edited October 2009
    Personally I only chat to Tikay because he knows LML.
  • edited October 2009

Hi xFALLENx.

I'm utterly bemused by your Post, tbh.

Firstly, lets put aside all this "the man" & "celeb" (lol) business. I'm a retired businessman, who got into poker, worked very hard, & got a few nice jobs, with various Poker Sites. I'm no more "the man" or a celeb than the lady next door, poker is one of life's great trivialities.

But I do have reasonable people skills. Which might just be why I have survived with Sky Poker & am in my 4th year with them now.

I do PTP & T-o-T nights, once or twice a week. I personally welcome every player - EVERY SINGLE PLAYER - to the Table, I chat away with everyone, & I don't stop prattling until they are all chatting away merrily. Then I leave, go to another Table, & rinse, repeat. Thats my job.

I play Live poker, too, & do exactly the same. If I get a Table full of missogs with faces as long seaside donkeys I work at them, non-stop, until they are all chatting & laughing away merrily. It's the only way I know how to play poker. I play 2 Day Tourneys, & I'm not gonna sit there with a long face, in silence. I don't play poker for money, I play it for fun, & so should 99.9% of all Players, because it's not easy to make money at it, it's just a hobby, a recreation. So it SHOULD be fun.

I have my "own" Poker Site, I am APAT Chairman (a Honorary = unpaid - role), I'm a semi-retired Member of the Pro Poker Circuit. So I'm widely known (in poker), if not liked or respected. You will not find one person who does not agree that, whether they like me or not, I have good, decent, manners, & I chat to everybody, at every Table, always. That's my thing. (Except I don't engage with cheats, scammers, grimmers, Multi-Accounters & the like).

So yes, when I am on a Table, I DO get everyone talking, introduce strangers to regulars, go out of my way to make them feel comfy, & at home, in this, the Sky Poker Community. Thats my job, thats what I do, &, if I may be less than humble for once, I do it well. And it's very tough somtimes - I am on this site 4 or 5 nights a week when NOT working, but I answer their questions just the same.

So to suggest those who start chatting away when they would not normally do so is, I suggest, a little unfair on them. They are just enjoying their Table time, as I am.

Is that such a sin, to while away the idle time at a poker Table chatting & chilling?

Oh, & I'm pretty good at Deepstacks, because I have infinite patience. I don't get bored, because I make it my business not to, by chatting with the other players.  Method in my madness too, see?

I just had to Post this, because I know almost every Tourney Player on this Site, either personally, or via APAT, my own Site, Sky Poker Live Days, research for the TV Show, Live Poker, or just because I play a lot on here. I don't think any of those people deserve to be called fakes just because I help ease the atmo & tension & they end up chatting.

Every night, after the Tourneys, at around 11pm, a bunch of us play what we call the DYM Club. It's just fun poker, the mock abuse is much more important than the poker. Come join us one night. I think you might revise your views if you did.

Some things really are what they say on the tin.
  • edited October 2009
    Every night, after the Tourneys, at around 11pm, a bunch of us play what we call the DYM Club. It's just fun poker, the mock abuse is much more important than the poker. Come join us one night. I think you might revise your views if you did. Some things really are what they say on the tin.
    Posted by Tikay10
    It's mock???
  • edited October 2009
    dont worry tikay--our fallen angel here did'nt mean any harm, and was'nt having a go at you----she's a lovely girl really--honestly----i think she can sometimes be just a tiny little weeny, teeny, microscopicly small bit feisty, on the very odd occasion (about 365 times a year only)---on one of these rare days, she can sometimes say things on a thread that start as a sudden thought and before she knows it, or even thought about it, she has posted it on the forum---she's a volatile creature on these rare days, but the rest of the time i can assure you she is truly lovely

i can also predict that when she calms down (in probably 15 or 20 years) she will see the error of her ways, and be quite sorry that she upset so many nice people, yourself undoubtedly included.
  • edited October 2009
    dont worry tikay--our fallen angel here did'nt mean any harm, and was'nt having a go at you----she's a lovely girl really--honestly----i think she can sometimes be just a tiny little weeny, teeny, microscopicly small bit feisty, on the very odd occasion (about 365 times a year only)---on one of these rare days, she can sometimes say things on a thread that start as a sudden thought and before she knows it, or even thought about it, she has posted it on the forum---she's a volatile creature on these rare days, but the rest of the time i can assure you she is truly lovely   i can also predict that when she calms down (in probably 15 or 20 years) she will see the error of her ways, and be quite sorry that she upset so many nice people, yourself undoubtedly included.
    Posted by oynutter
    this is why I love my oynutter xxxx
  • edited October 2009
    Hi xFALLENx. I'm utterly bemused by your Post, tbh. Firstly, lets put aside all this "the man" & "celeb" (lol) business. I'm a retired businessman, who got into poker, worked very hard, & got a few nice jobs, with various Poker Sites. I'm no more "the man" or a celeb than the lady next door, poker is one of life's great trivialities. But I do have reasonable people skills. Which might just be why I have survived with Sky Poker & am in my 4th year with them now. I do PTP & T-o-T nights, once or twice a week. I personally welcome every player - EVERY SINGLE PLAYER - to the Table, I chat away with everyone, & I don't stop prattling until they are all chatting away merrily. Then I leave, go to another Table, & rinse, repeat. Thats my job. I play Live poker, too, & do exactly the same. If I get a Table full of missogs with faces as long seaside donkeys I work at them, non-stop, until they are all chatting & laughing away merrily. It's the only way I know how to play poker. I play 2 Day Tourneys, & I'm not gonna sit there with a long face, in silence. I don't play poker for money, I play it for fun, & so should 99.9% of all Players, because it's not easy to make money at it, it's just a hobby, a recreation. So it SHOULD be fun. I have my "own" Poker Site, I am APAT Chairman (a Honorary = unpaid - role), I'm a semi-retired Member of the Pro Poker Circuit. So I'm widely known (in poker), if not liked or respected. You will not find one person who does not agree that, whether they like me or not, I have good, decent, manners, & I chat to everybody, at every Table, always. That's my thing. (Except I don't engage with cheats, scammers, grimmers, Multi-Accounters & the like). So yes, when I am on a Table, I DO get everyone talking, introduce strangers to regulars, go out of my way to make them feel comfy, & at home, in this, the Sky Poker Community. Thats my job, thats what I do, &, if I may be less than humble for once, I do it well. And it's very tough somtimes - I am on this site 4 or 5 nights a week when NOT working, but I answer their questions just the same. So to suggest those who start chatting away when they would not normally do so is, I suggest, a little unfair on them. They are just enjoying their Table time, as I am. Is that such a sin, to while away the idle time at a poker Table chatting & chilling? Oh, & I'm pretty good at Deepstacks, because I have infinite patience. I don't get bored, because I make it my business not to, by chatting with the other players.  Method in my madness too, see? I just had to Post this, because I know almost every Tourney Player on this Site, either personally, or via APAT, my own Site, Sky Poker Live Days, research for the TV Show, Live Poker, or just because I play a lot on here. I don't think any of those people deserve to be called fakes just because I help ease the atmo & tension & they end up chatting. Every night, after the Tourneys, at around 11pm, a bunch of us play what we call the DYM Club. It's just fun poker, the mock abuse is much more important than the poker. Come join us one night. I think you might revise your views if you did. Some things really are what they say on the tin.
    Posted by Tikay10
    B4 i reply 2 ur post Tikay I am SORRY if Ive offended u or any of ur friends

Also this applies 2 ALL the genuine people out there and there are i know because Im one of them

Nutter is Right about me I am very fiesty and I dont mince my words but i am geniune and I am a good person.

As i said i have quite a few buddys on here and on other sites 2 and I play regularly in private games and have met several people in real life (both men and women b4 peoples minds start working overtime).

I kno u have loads of GENUINE supporters and friends and I kno 95% of the people I saw last night were that and they were friends with other members playing.

but im talking about the other 5% who spend there time abusing and insulting people and generally being rude and nasty but as soon as faced with presenter (who has the power 2 stop bad behaviour) there attitude changes, But I bet u there back on the tables acting like there normal self.

THATS WHAT IS FAKE AND HYPOCRITICAL
  • edited October 2009

Hi Fallen and Tikay, I just wanted to say I think I know and understand where you both are coming from.

Tikay, I think Fallen just wanted to highlight those players who are mostly pr***s on the tables with the other players, then suddenly turn into sweetness and light and completely change their character when you are there, probably because they are scared of being reported by you.

And yes, these players do exist, I have noticed this trend myself. For example, without the presence of Tikay, they will either make fun of or type abuse at other players when they win or lose a hand. However, when he is there, they will be quiet as a mouse or even join in the banter and laugh at his jokes and take their wins and losses graciously.

In effect, Tikay plays the role of teacher or parent to these players, without him they act like the childish bullies they really are and then they either behave and/or suck up to him when he's around, thus leaving him unaware of their true character.

However, as Tikay and others have posted, MOST players are completely genuine and decent people.

I don't think Fallen was trying to denigrate what Tikay does on this site in any way (he does an outstanding job), she just wanted to point out what some of these two-faced and gutless players are really like.
  • edited October 2009
    Hi Fallen and Tikay, I just wanted to say I think I know and understand where you both are coming from. Tikay, I think Fallen just wanted to highlight those players who are mostly pr***s on the tables with the other players, then suddenly turn into sweetness and light and completely change their character when you are there, probably because they are scared of being reported by you. And yes, these players do exist, I have noticed this trend myself. For example, without the presence of Tikay, they will either make fun of or type abuse at other players when they win or lose a hand. However, when he is there, they will be quiet as a mouse or even join in the banter and laugh at his jokes and take their wins and losses graciously. In effect, Tikay plays the role of teacher or parent to these players, without him they act like the childish bullies they really are and then they either behave and/or suck up to him when he's around, thus leaving him unaware of their true character. However, as Tikay and others have posted, MOST players are completely genuine and decent people. I don't think Fallen was trying to denigrate what Tikay does on this site in any way (he does an outstanding job), she just wanted to point out what some of these two-faced and gutless players are really like.
    Posted by JingleMa
    THANKYOU SO MUCH JINGLEMA

OMG I THOUGHT I WAS GOING MAD AND NOBODY COULD SEE WHERE I WAS COMING FROM BUT U HAVE TOTALLY HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD (SOMETHING I CANT DO OBVIOUSLY)

AGAIN TY X
  • edited October 2009

Lol, no probs Fallen, anything4u, wouldn't want u turning that gun on me! 8- />
  • edited October 2009
    Nobody here needs to defend themselves ( least of all Tikay) for what is after all human nature.

The psychologists view:
    We all act differently in 'company' than we do in private. The act of being nice to people we are not over familiar with is a natural survival instinct that comes from the most ancient section of our brains. This is very a strong instinct in young children and stays with us into adulthood. Trying to make a good 'first' impression to someone we don't know well is quite normal, we tend to be more forthright with people we know well and feel safe with.

The common sense view:
    It's just nicer to be nice and uses far less energy.
  • edited October 2009
    OMG THINK IM GONNA TURN THE GUN ON MYSELF HERE
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to HOW FAKE!!!:
    Im not sure if this post/question/rant is in the right catergory but just had 2 say something!!! A friend of mine is in Tikays sleepstack (its on atm) and they are seated on same table as the man himself. B4 u start thinking Im gonna have a dig at Tikay here, Im not Ive just had a look at the table and am speechless, well actually Im not (if talking was a catergory in the Olympics Id win gold) Its just so so FAKE,everyody is there chatty away and being nice just because Tikay is there.Even people r chatty on the table that arnt even in the tourny. OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG And b4 I get some smart answer back saying well u chat on the tables. YES i do but my chat is real and I chat with people cos I want 2 not because there famous.
    Posted by xFALLENx
    LOL, moaning coz ppl are chatting
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to HOW FAKE!!! : LOL, moaning coz ppl are chatting
    Posted by OMahonyO
    Read JingleMa's post....he explains my point far better than I have!!!!!
  • edited October 2009
    do you just hate the world? or maybe you hate yourself... hmmm?
  • edited October 2009
    do you just hate the world? or maybe you hate yourself... hmmm?
    Posted by BlackFish3
    HARSH!!!
  • edited October 2009

Someone said......

"....but im talking about the other 5% who spend there time abusing and insulting people and generally being rude and nasty but as soon as faced with presenter (who has the power 2 stop bad behaviour)...."

Please note I have no more power to do that than anyone else. We all have the same right & ability to report Abuse in the Chat-Box. I use that right, whenever I see fit, but if other's don't, it's because they choose not to, not because they have any less right or "power" than me.