You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HOW FAKE!!!

2»

Comments

• edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: HOW FAKE!!!:
    Someone said...... "....but im talking about the other 5% who spend there time abusing and insulting people and generally being rude and nasty but as soon as faced with presenter (who has the power 2 stop bad behaviour)...." Please note I have no more power to do that than anyone else. We all have the same right & ability to report Abuse in the Chat-Box. I use that right, whenever I see fit, but if other's don't, it's because they choose not to, not because they have any less right or "power" than me.
    Posted by Tikay10
    HAD ENOUGH
  • edited October 2009
    HI XFALLEN,IVE BEEN PLAYING THESE DEEPYS FOR A LITTLE WHILE NOW (ABSO LUV EM) AND MOST OF THE TIME WITHOUT ANY PRESENTER OR ANALYST ON THE TABLE WE ALL GABBER AWAY ABOUT ANYTHING.THE REGULARS IN THESE SEEM TO ENJOY THE CHAT AS MUCH AS THE GAME ITSELF.LONG MAY THIS CONTINUE
  • edited October 2009
    Hi xFALLENx. I'm utterly bemused by your Post, tbh. Firstly, lets put aside all this "the man" & "celeb" (lol) business. I'm a retired businessman, who got into poker, worked very hard, & got a few nice jobs, with various Poker Sites. I'm no more "the man" or a celeb than the lady next door, poker is one of life's great trivialities. But I do have reasonable people skills. Which might just be why I have survived with Sky Poker & am in my 4th year with them now. I do PTP & T-o-T nights, once or twice a week. I personally welcome every player - EVERY SINGLE PLAYER - to the Table, I chat away with everyone, & I don't stop prattling until they are all chatting away merrily. Then I leave, go to another Table, & rinse, repeat. Thats my job. I play Live poker, too, & do exactly the same. If I get a Table full of missogs with faces as long seaside donkeys I work at them, non-stop, until they are all chatting & laughing away merrily. It's the only way I know how to play poker. I play 2 Day Tourneys, & I'm not gonna sit there with a long face, in silence. I don't play poker for money, I play it for fun, & so should 99.9% of all Players, because it's not easy to make money at it, it's just a hobby, a recreation. So it SHOULD be fun. I have my "own" Poker Site, I am APAT Chairman (a Honorary = unpaid - role), I'm a semi-retired Member of the Pro Poker Circuit. So I'm widely known (in poker), if not liked or respected. You will not find one person who does not agree that, whether they like me or not, I have good, decent, manners, & I chat to everybody, at every Table, always. That's my thing. (Except I don't engage with cheats, scammers, grimmers, Multi-Accounters & the like). So yes, when I am on a Table, I DO get everyone talking, introduce strangers to regulars, go out of my way to make them feel comfy, & at home, in this, the Sky Poker Community. Thats my job, thats what I do, &, if I may be less than humble for once, I do it well. And it's very tough somtimes - I am on this site 4 or 5 nights a week when NOT working, but I answer their questions just the same. So to suggest those who start chatting away when they would not normally do so is, I suggest, a little unfair on them. They are just enjoying their Table time, as I am. Is that such a sin, to while away the idle time at a poker Table chatting & chilling? Oh, & I'm pretty good at Deepstacks, because I have infinite patience. I don't get bored, because I make it my business not to, by chatting with the other players.  Method in my madness too, see? I just had to Post this, because I know almost every Tourney Player on this Site, either personally, or via APAT, my own Site, Sky Poker Live Days, research for the TV Show, Live Poker, or just because I play a lot on here. I don't think any of those people deserve to be called fakes just because I help ease the atmo & tension & they end up chatting. Every night, after the Tourneys, at around 11pm, a bunch of us play what we call the DYM Club. It's just fun poker, the mock abuse is much more important than the poker. Come join us one night. I think you might revise your views if you did. Some things really are what they say on the tin.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Whats a grimmer??
  • edited October 2009

Hi achill,

A "grimmer" is poker-speak for a fraudster.

When a guy taps you up in a Cardroom & says "lend me £100, I'll give it back to you later tonight", when he has no intention of repaying you, & then sneaks off, you've been "grimmed". Or someone says "let's swap 10% of each other in this Tourney", he wins it & then does not cough up, he's grimmed you.

It happens a lot in "staking" I'm sorry to say.

There are, as you can imagine, a milion ways of grimming folks, & most of them occur in Cardrooms & Internet Poker Forums, sadly. But not this Forum!
  • edited October 2009
    Hi achill, A "grimmer" is poker-speak for a fraudster. When a guy taps you up in a Cardroom & says "lend me £100, I'll give it back to you later tonight", when he has no intention of repaying you, & then sneaks off, you've been "grimmed". Or someone says "let's swap 10% of each other in this Tourney", he wins it & then does not cough up, he's grimmed you. It happens a lot in "staking" I'm sorry to say. There are, as you can imagine, a milion ways of grimming folks, & most of them occur in Cardrooms & Internet Poker Forums, sadly. But not this Forum!
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thought you were talking about any action of the Grimstar lol.... Sounds like a bit of a Jaimie Gold!

On the main topic of this thread. I personally like to think I have made quite a few friends on here including some of the presenters (TK Included) and in all walks of life you will find two faced individuals. But... the majority are genuine.

Ok nearly time for the freeroll :)
  • edited October 2009
    i can see your point fallen .

when i first met tk on table i chatted more than normal .

my reason was,

because i was been extra nice to a pokerstar .

so yes i think you are right ,

when tk is on the table people are more inclined to chat .

now after your first post you were trying to explain this in vain i see .

but you still are geting quiet aggresive responses  .

plus fallen has already said sorry ,

what more do u guys and gals want from her .

to these guys and gals i just wish to say ,

fallen has a opinion just like you and lay off her shes a nice gal .

stop being nasty to her .

this only applies to the nasty posters .
  • edited October 2009
    i can see your point fallen . when i first met tk on table i chatted more than normal . my reason was, because i was been extra nice to a pokerstar . so yes i think you are right , when tk is on the table people are more inclined to chat . now after your first post you were trying to explain this in vain i see .  but you still are geting quiet aggresive responses  . plus fallen has already said sorry , what more do u guys and gals want from her . to these guys and gals i just wish to say , fallen has a opinion just like you and lay off her shes a nice gal . stop being nasty to her . this only applies to the nasty posters .
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    THANKYOU xx
  • edited October 2009
    Got to say guys i believe fallen has a valid point i too have seen this behaviour when people are dealing with the presenters. There are alot of $%@&s on the site that are sweetness and light when a presenter is at the same table

This is not a pop by fallen at the majority but if taken the right way may highlight the issue to that small minority to respect and threat everyone the same at the tables regardless of statues

I myself have the same problem with constant questions about poker from the likes of Nutter Gerard9 Irishrover and some guy called Tikay10 (who ever he is) and i try to treat everyone equally bad - thats just me lol

I understand the point that is been made and it is directed at a small minority. I do believe that Tikay cannt see the problem that is been highlighted because the issue is the diffence in people attitudes when a presenter is present

Now go play some poker
  • edited October 2009
    i cannt believe i popped my posting cherry on a topic called how fake (story of my life)
  • edited October 2009
    FALLEN , YOU CAN SHOOT ME ANY DAY . xxxx
  • edited October 2009
    Got to say guys i believe fallen has a valid point i too have seen this behaviour when people are dealing with the presenters. There are alot of $%@&s on the site that are sweetness and light when a presenter is at the same table This is not a pop by fallen at the majority but if taken the right way may highlight the issue to that small minority to respect and threat everyone the same at the tables regardless of statues I myself have the same problem with constant questions about poker from the likes of Nutter Gerard9 Irishrover and some guy called Tikay10 (who ever he is) and i try to treat everyone equally bad - thats just me lol I understand the point that is been made and it is directed at a small minority. I do believe that Tikay cannt see the problem that is been highlighted because the issue is the diffence in people attitudes when a presenter is present Now go play some poker
    Posted by Milhouse
    THANKYOU x
  • edited October 2009
    FALLEN , YOU CAN SHOOT ME ANY DAY . xxxx
    Posted by PILLOWMAN
    Now theres an idea huni..........................x
  • edited October 2009
    i cannt believe i popped my posting cherry on a topic called how fake (story of my life)
    Posted by Milhouse
    ahhhhhh huni shall I start a post  'you are the best' and u can start again x
  • edited October 2009
    fallen, i think they enjoy tikay's company and in all honesty why wouldnt you?
  • edited October 2009
    i know what your on about lisa, i agree with you, however some people here cannot distinguish between the players you are talking about and the players that are normally polite and chatty. you cannot name them so you are always gonna get a difference of opinion.
  • edited October 2009
    i know what your on about lisa, i agree with you, however some people here cannot distinguish between the players you are talking about and the players that are normally polite and chatty. you cannot name them so you are always gonna get a difference of opinion.
    Posted by loonytoons
    THANKYOU X
  • edited October 2009

Hi Fallen,

I did actually get the purpose of your thread in the first place, and did not once try to upset you or belittle your posts.

I just felt that yes, there will be railers because of TK's status and yes, people will talk differently in from of him. I have a note on one particular player (no names) that simply says 'abusive'.

To my knowledge, this player has never been on the forum and posted an article, but I saw him on a PTP table a while ago and he was as sweet as sugar, to the extent it was a little sickly, knowing his past record.

However, my original posts still stand and that the VAST majority of railers, supporters or players are very regular forum contributers that have developed friendships with fellow contributors.

I played my first deepstack a few days ago, in the game, were 2 regular forum posters, who in fact I had never directly spoken to before, and the first thing they did was to introduce me as a forum regular to the rest of the table and in turn introduced each of the other players to me.

That, I thought was special, it showed the respect the community has gained and that friendships had been formed before I had even met any of them. Within minutes, we were chatting about anything and everything and the chat box never stopped moving for over 2 hours.

I don't think by having a 'name' at the table changes these dynamics for most people and a quiet table can just mean that the players don't know each other.... yet.

Sometimes, a player on the table like TK can just purely break the ice.

However, yes, sometimes people deliberately join the table because of who is playing, but if they are truely that starstruck, then that in turn is their perogative.

• edited October 2009
    Hi Fallen, I did actually get the purpose of your thread in the first place, and did not once try to upset you or belittle your posts. I just felt that yes, there will be railers because of TK's status and yes, people will talk differently in from of him. I have a note on one particular player (no names) that simply says 'abusive'. To my knowledge, this player has never been on the forum and posted an article, but I saw him on a PTP table a while ago and he was as sweet as sugar, to the extent it was a little sickly, knowing his past record. However, my original posts still stand and that the VAST majority of railers, supporters or players are very regular forum contributers that have developed friendships with fellow contributors. I played my first deepstack a few days ago, in the game, were 2 regular forum posters, who in fact I had never directly spoken to before, and the first thing they did was to introduce me as a forum regular to the rest of the table and in turn introduced each of the other players to me. That, I thought was special, it showed the respect the community has gained and that friendships had been formed before I had even met any of them. Within minutes, we were chatting about anything and everything and the chat box never stopped moving for over 2 hours. I don't think by having a 'name' at the table changes these dynamics for most people and a quiet table can just mean that the players don't know each other.... yet. Sometimes, a player on the table like TK can just purely break the ice. However, yes, sometimes people deliberately join the table because of who is playing, but if they are truely that starstruck, then that in turn is their perogative.
    Posted by Hale72
    2 hours, now i know your fibbing, you've never lasted 2 hours in a tourny, or was it a multi-rebuy lol 
  • edited October 2009

It was a deepie, and folded my way out!