You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

THE MICKJENN1 FAN CLUB, JOIN FOR GOOD BANTER AND SUM TIPS HOW 2 PLAY MTTS

Comments

• edited July 2009
    mick u got a top class field ove players only 2 b let down . dont give up m8 this will b big . a change ove nite mite help 1 ove sky top events on 2nite may i say 3 oclock on sunday pm. but thats just my choice m8.plz try again im sure u can get it rite gl and thx m8.
  • edited July 2009
     ffs i coulda played and donated my winnings....................................... to my pub landlords quest to empty his barrels !!!!!!!
  • edited July 2009
    nah delta the players wont b bk for that pile of junk m8, ur right we had a crackin field 116 players turned up wiv no guaranteed prize money, we get a crackin turnout and they f ucked the lot up wiv the stupid blind structure, heres me tried all week get players for this and it turned out 2 be a complete joke after half hour 45mins, 
  • edited July 2009
    Blinds just went from 2000/4000 to 5000/10,000!!!! What is that all about????????
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: THE MICKJENN1 FAN CLUB, JOIN FOR GOOD BANTER AND SUM TIPS HOW 2 PLAY MTTS:
    Blinds just went from 2000/4000 to 5000/10,000!!!! What is that all about????????
    Posted by phil12uk
    went 200/400 to 500/1000 too
    skyjoker.con
  • edited July 2009
    I was really up for this tonight there are not enough deep stacks on sky. Well done Sky for f>>king this up.
  • edited July 2009
    What a shame! 

I didn't enter as I was concerned it may go on too long (with me being unable to commit much beyond NOW for tonight) ... but other than that I was well up for it. Kinda glad I didn't now TBH - Shame, Mick, not your fault I know. Good on ya for organising.

• edited July 2009

WHAT ABOUT THE DEEP STACK CFUK UP ON THE BLINDS HOW BAD WAS THE RISES IN BLINDS NOT FAIR TO ANYONE MADE IT A LOTTERY TALK TO SUITS AS GOOD IDEA AND TOUNEY.WELL DONE MICK SMALL ADJUSTMENT NEEDED TO MAKE IT EXCELLENT

• edited July 2009
    sat n sun 400 gtd use 2 get well over 120 plus at 3 oclock mick . deep stack is wat is needed at that time ove day with that kind ove field u will not go wrong m8. a lot o people said the same 2nite m8

• edited July 2009
    lads i no the tourney and the blinds was a shocker but 1 good thing come out of this tonight and that was glitterbabe finishing 5th and winning £42.34 listen 2 this guys he's giving away his prize money 2 charity, ands its gonna go to Norman pace n his wife's charity for meningitis, so lads id like u wen u c him on the tables or giv him message here cos its a really nice gesture. even if he won he was givin the lot away, nice1 glitterbabe really kind genuine bloke
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: THE MICKJENN1 FAN CLUB, JOIN FOR GOOD BANTER AND SUM TIPS HOW 2 PLAY MTTS:
    nah delta the players wont b bk for that pile of junk m8, ur right we had a crackin field 116 players turned up wiv no guaranteed prize money, we get a crackin turnout and they f ucked the lot up wiv the stupid blind structure, heres me tried all week get players for this and it turned out 2 be a complete joke after half hour 45mins, 
    Posted by mickjenn1
    i think sky should dig deep and put their hands in their pockets and add 500 to next weeks tourney if there is one... and also change the day if it interferes with the five OO..... sky seems to have upset some peeps here !!!!!
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: THE MICKJENN1 FAN CLUB, JOIN FOR GOOD BANTER AND SUM TIPS HOW 2 PLAY MTTS : i think sky should dig deep and put their hands in their pockets and add 500 to next weeks tourney if there is one... and also change the day if it interferes with the five OO..... sky seems to have upset some peeps here !!!!!
    Posted by themackem
    upset a few people.... i believe it was around 116 people that were left upset
  • edited July 2009
    mack i did me best railin round for players for this aswell 
  • edited July 2009
    Posted by mickjenn1
    maybe next week do something constructive with your time like .......chewing your toe nails or watching grass grow ?????
  • edited July 2009
    Hmm  ..Very unlucky Mick...
    .To be honest, i don't know the 'In's' and Outs' of all this but several things must have happened here ...
    We kicked Off at  7 00 and the Deep Stack went Off at  7 15 . The  numbers was way down 20 runners compared to last night's 37. ( Sky had a guarantee of 500 quid on this one don't forget) So overlaid on that event .
    At 8 30 there was only around 300 entered for the Five00, i can only imagine that someone panicked and made a decision to get the anti-es up on your game to eliminate as many players as possible , so that they  had a chance of filling the Five 00 ... As it happened it worked because they ended up with 498 , still a slight overlay but it could have been a disaster for Sky Poker if it had on made 400-450 for their Premier Event for the TV !!

It's a hard one really, in a way you cant blame them for what happened, someone at SKY could see that under the structure you had for your tournament, you would be keeping players from their Event and so must have took that  decision to make yours into a speed finish and consequently  a crap-shoot !!!

Gutted for you mate because in the future you can now understand you wont be allowed to run into TV Events with players  in a tournament who would normally play Bounty Hunters and Events that have  7min blinds to fit into the TV schedule  at  9 00 !!
    I think maybe it's best left to the people who own and run the show who have a vested interest in the TV programme because it's their show and although they allowed you to run this, they didn't realise how successful it would be as far as entries, and basically they had no choice and the only way was to blitz your blind structure !!!!!

This may not be the fact's, and Ive no doubt it will be called a conspiracy theory but from where i am sitting, "If it smells like a pong, then someone has made a stinker" !!
    So before anyone replies to this saying things to the contrary, let me just say "Don't pee  on my head and tell me it's raining" !!!

Glk MickJenn1  see ya at the tables ...tomorrow  .. in some satellite's
    bennydip2
  • edited July 2009
    Look on the bright side ..Ive just opened my Mr's Post !! jeez .. whats the matter with people !!

Dear Mrs. DIP

While we thank you for your valued custom and use of the Tesco Loyalty

Card, the Manager of our store in High Wysombe is considering banning you and

your family from shopping with us, unless your husband stops his antics.

Below is a list of offences over the past few months all verified by our

surveillance cameras:

1. June 15:

Took 24 boxes of condoms and randomly put them in people's trolleys

when they weren't looking. 

2. June 16

Set all the alarm clocks in Housewares to go off at 5-minute intervals. !!!!!

3. June 18:

Made a trail of tomato juice on the floor leading to feminine products
    aisle.

4. June20:

Walked up to an employee and told her in an official tone, 'Code 3' in

housewares..... and watched what happened. 

5.June23

Moved a 'CAUTION - WET FLOOR' sign to a carpeted area.

6. June 28

Set up a tent in the outdoor clothing department and told shoppers he'd

invite them in if they would bring sausages and a Calor gas stove !!

7. June 29:

When the Deputy Manager asked if she could help him, he began to cry

and asked, 'Why can't you people just leave me alone?' 

8. July 1:

Looked right into the security camera; used it as a mirror, picked his
    nose,

and ate  it.  !!!

9.July 3:

While appearing to be choosing kitchen knives in the housewares aisle

asked an assistant if he knew where the antidepressants were.  

10.July 4:

Darted around the store suspiciously, loudly humming the 'Mission

Impossible' theme.  !!

11.July 5:

In the kitchenware aisle, practised the 'Madonna look' using different

size funnels.  !!

12.July 6:

Hid in a clothing rack and when people browsed, yelled 'PICK ME!' 'PICK ME!' 

13.July 7:

When an announcement came over the loud speaker, assumed the foetal

position and screamed 'NO! NO! It's those voices again.' 

And; last, but not least:

14.July 8:

Went into a fitting room, shut the door, waited a while; then yelled, very

loudly, 'There is no toilet paper in here.' 
  • edited July 2009
    Hi Mick, sky need to tell us what happened to this tourney.
    I joined expecting a deepstack, Mick got a cracking field to enter and it was horrible. I feel so sorry for Mick after all of the effort that he put in to get the field assembled, well done to you Mick.
    I played the 7.15 deepstack and at the times the blinds on there were 30/60, they were 200/400 in Mick's Tourney. The 7.15 d/s took 3hs and 50 mns tonight with only 23 runners, so with 100+ runners i'm not sure the deepstack will work.
    We were all expecting to be playing until 3am and it was all over in less than 2 1/2 hours.
    Sky owe all of us our buy ins back and a huge apology to Mick, this was not "as advertised".
    Maybe going forward we need a decent structure 10/12/15mins and 2000 starting chips? so we get some play and a conclusion?
    We need an answer from the Sky Suits, an apology and our money back!!
  • edited July 2009
    Posted by mickjenn1
    Sry m8 only just got ur msg u sent me i had 5-aside didnt get in time as u saw by my absence looks like i missed some controversy
  • edited July 2009

I seriously thought about closing my Laddies account and concentrating on Sky, but after last nights disappointment it may be the other way round. Good effort Mick we went out together
    much earlier than planned but left with a couplle of BB's what can one do???

• edited July 2009
    I used the word "Disappointment" in last blog  I meant of course SABOTAGE !!!
  • edited July 2009
    Posted by mickjenn1
    who actually won the tourny.
  • edited July 2009
    Sky_BerniePosts: 7
    First: 11/6/2009
    Last: 10/7/2009Hi all,

I have reviewed the blind structure for the tournament and as the "suit" who set it up for you all I have to hold my hands up and apologise as I inadvertently attached a more escalated blind structure than normal! As a few of you think it was more akin to riding the "Big One" at Blackpool rather than the a more leisurely ride I have entered  all the players from last night into next weeks "Mickjenjen1" tournament for free.

Bernie
  • edited July 2009
    Hi All,
    I was a bit miffed here as well. Sailing along with 18k when we suddenly the blinds shot up with no warning. I had to shove with 79 in my BB when they went up to 5k/10k all of a sudden and ended up on the bubble :-(
    It’s a real shame as up to then it was a great tourney.
    Surely the blind structure can’t be changed during the tournament. That’s like the referee in a footy game blowing his whistle 10 mins before the end of the game because he wasn’t to go home to catch Eastenders! 
  • edited July 2009
    WHAT ABOUT THE DEEP STACK CFUK UP ON THE BLINDS HOW BAD WAS THE RISES IN BLINDS NOT FAIR TO ANYONE MADE IT A LOTTERY TALK TO SUITS AS GOOD IDEA AND TOUNEY.WELL DONE MICK SMALL ADJUSTMENT NEEDED TO MAKE IT EXCELLENT  
    Posted by BIGBOY468
    Agreed!!! Don't give up on this Mick! Good banter all nite, and all week really! Seems alot of 'newer' players,[like me],
    joined in with the spirit of your little,[getting bigger], 'Club'!!! Great Forum too mate, Keep up the good work.
    May The Aces be with You!!
    Hitman Harvey
  • edited July 2009
    RIGHT GUYS THERES BIN A CHANGE IN DATE FOR THE TOURNEY IT STARTS ON A TUESDAY, AND EVERY1 WHO PLAYED IN THE 1ST 1 HAS BEEN PUT BACK IN FOR FREE OF SKY BERNIE, 
  • edited July 2009
    jazyred1£156.60 + 40 League Points580000 THETANK2£91.06 + 36 League Points0 Hellsbee3£63.80 + 32 League Points0 phil12uk4£52.20 + 28 League Points0 GliterBabe5£42.34 + 24 League Points0 jackda6£34.80 + 20 League Points0 wrongjohn17£29 + 16 League Points0 HITMAN_RV8£23.20 + 12 League Points0 BIGBOY4689£17.40 + 8 League Points0 newguy8710£11.60 + 4 League Points0 wolvers1711£5.80 + 2 League Points0 warren196712£5.80 + 2 League Points0 crawfy13£5.80 + 2 League Points0 wel5hie2214£5.80 + 2 League Points0 NColley15£5.80 + 2 League Points0 RiverKK716£5.80 + 2 League Points0 ACA17£5.80 + 2 League Points0 BUSTERSIMO18£5.80 + 2 League Points0 IDJIUT19£5.80 + 2 League Points0 stotty520£5.80 + 2 League Points

these was the results from the 1st game, and sharksbite took the 25quid bounty 
  • edited July 2009
    Cheers Bernie....man enough to admit his mistakes. No prob.
  • edited July 2009
    Cheers Bernie....man enough to admit his mistakes. No prob.
    Posted by MRDICKIE
    Absolutely ... all credit to SKY for putting their hands up and offering all your entrants free entry.  Just shows how much they value their customers and how flexible they can be in supporting Mick's tournament initiative.  Fantastic !
  • edited July 2009
    I better join your club as well m8 as our paths keep crossing on the tables.
    At least your MTT gave me a good practice session before the 5 0 0 last night and must have contributed largely to my success! lol
  • edited July 2009
    nice 1 huck very well played m8,