You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

THE MICKJENN1 FAN CLUB, JOIN FOR GOOD BANTER AND SUM TIPS HOW 2 PLAY MTTS

Comments

• edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: THE MICKJENN1 FAN CLUB, JOIN FOR GOOD BANTER AND SUM TIPS HOW 2 PLAY MTTS:
    In Response to Re: THE MICKJENN1 FAN CLUB, JOIN FOR GOOD BANTER AND SUM TIPS HOW 2 PLAY MTTS :  you cant leave what you aint getting lol x
    Posted by beaujolais
    y dont we have a game just a friendly lets c wat u got x
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: THE MICKJENN1 FAN CLUB, JOIN FOR GOOD BANTER AND SUM TIPS HOW 2 PLAY MTTS:
    In Response to Re: THE MICKJENN1 FAN CLUB, JOIN FOR GOOD BANTER AND SUM TIPS HOW 2 PLAY MTTS : y dont we have a game just a friendly lets c wat u got x
    Posted by mickjenn1
     i got more then you can handle lol x
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: THE MICKJENN1 FAN CLUB, JOIN FOR GOOD BANTER AND SUM TIPS HOW 2 PLAY MTTS :  i got more then you can handle lol x
    Posted by beaujolais
    by the looks of them puppies u have but i got big hands.........am willing 2 take my chance x
  • edited July 2009

Has Mick`s picture changed?

Thought i could see steam for a minute

LOL
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: THE MICKJENN1 FAN CLUB, JOIN FOR GOOD BANTER AND SUM TIPS HOW 2 PLAY MTTS : by the looks of them puppies u have but i got big hands.........am willing 2 take my chance x
    Posted by mickjenn1
    i will give you some great pointers if you cant handle 2 mick
  • edited July 2009
    What do you reckon mick's chances are with beaujolais lads out of 10?
  • edited July 2009
    Posted by JAMIEP
    Can i use non whole numbers Jamie?

Like 0.0000004%

May have given him a slightly high chance, but had to factor in Beaujolais being drunk/left her glasses at home and that she had Lost her sense of smell and touch

LOL
    Foot note: thanks to Ed Giddins for helping me with the maths....
    Gary
  • edited July 2009
    YAHOOO BOY MY MUCKER MATT AKA DODGEGEEZER JUST WON THE FIVE00 £2400 NICE 1 M8Y
  • edited July 2009
    Posted by JAMIEP

hmmmmm
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: THE MICKJENN1 FAN CLUB, JOIN FOR GOOD BANTER AND SUM TIPS HOW 2 PLAY MTTS :                              hmmmmm
    Posted by beaujolais

?

• edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: THE MICKJENN1 FAN CLUB, JOIN FOR GOOD BANTER AND SUM TIPS HOW 2 PLAY MTTS : ? 11
    Posted by mickjenn1

lol x
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: THE MICKJENN1 FAN CLUB, JOIN FOR GOOD BANTER AND SUM TIPS HOW 2 PLAY MTTS :          lol x
    Posted by beaujolais
    i thought u was goin 2 sleep on it then, ur up late aint ya x
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: THE MICKJENN1 FAN CLUB, JOIN FOR GOOD BANTER AND SUM TIPS HOW 2 PLAY MTTS : i thought u was goin 2 sleep on it then, ur up late aint ya x
    Posted by mickjenn1
                                                   not tired x
  • edited July 2009
    hi mick , great tournament the other day , pleased for you that you got such a great turnout . you put in the effort and got your reward , well done . unfortunatly for me ,i sat at a table with someone ,who spoiled the atmosphere . i kept stumm . that wont happen again , lol . i will give that player some constructive criticism next time , without getting myself chat banned lol.  ..... mick , i could do with some advise about poker ,hope this is the right place to ask. could you or someone please help with the following . i need to know ,what are the correct odds to call ,if i have a up and down straight draw  , when someone is betting into me. i understand there are other things to take into account but just a general rule of thumb will do.  any advice will be welcome ,thanks. 
  • edited July 2009
    hi mick , great tournament the other day , pleased for you that you got such a great turnout . you put in the effort and got your reward , well done . unfortunatly for me ,i sat at a table with someone ,who spoiled the atmosphere . i kept stumm . that wont happen again , lol . i will give that player some constructive criticism next time , without getting myself chat banned lol.  ..... mick , i could do with some advise about poker ,hope this is the right place to ask. could you or someone please help with the following . i need to know ,what are the correct odds to call ,if i have a up and down straight draw  , when someone is betting into me. i understand there are other things to take into account but just a general rule of thumb will do.  any advice will be welcome ,thanks. 
    Posted by PILLOWMAN
    hi m8 
    After the flop determine the number of outs you have.Multiply that number by 4. That is your percentage of catching one of your outs.After the turn you multiply your outs by 2.Example: You have two hearts. Two more hearts fall on the flop, so you have 9 outs.
    9 x 4 = 36, giving you 36% chance to hit your flush and your opponent a 64% chance to hold up and win.
    64/36 is a little less than 2 to 1. Therefore, it would make sense to call bets slightly higher than half the pot size.
    If another heart doesn't hit on the turn you are now 9 x 2 = 18%
    18%/82% is a little less than 5 to 1, meaning the bet has to be less than 20% of the pot.DrawHandFlopSpecific Outs# Outs 4♠ 4♥6♣ 7♦ T♠4♦, 4♣2One OvercardA♠ 4♥6♥ 2♦ J♣A♦, A♥, A♣3Inside Straight6♣ 7♦5♠ 9♥ A♦8♣, 8♦, 8♥, 8♠4Two Pair to Full HouseA♦ J♥5♠ A♠ J♦A♥, A♣, J♠, J♣4One Pair to Two Pair or SetJ♣ Q♦J♦ 3♣ 4♠J♥, J♠, Q♠, Q♥, Q♣5No Pair to Pair3♦ 6♣8♥ J♦ A♣3♣, 3♠, 3♥, 6♥, 6♠, 6♦6Two Overcards to Over PairA♣ K♦3♦ 2♥ 8♥A♥, A♠, A♦, K♥, K♣, K♠6Set to Full House or Quads5♥ 5♦5♣ Q♥ 2♠5♠ Q♠, Q♦, Q♣, 2♥, 2♦, 2♣7Open Straight9♥ T♣3♣ 8♦ J♥Any 7, Any Q8FlushA♥ K♥3♥ 5♠ 7♥Any heart (2♥ to Q♥)9Inside Straight & Two OvercardsA♥ K♣Q♠ J♣ 6♦Any Ten, A♠, A♦ A♣, K♠, K♥, K♦10Flush & Inside StraightK♣ J♣A♣ 2♣ T♥Any Q, Any club12Flush and Open StraightJ♥ T♥9♣ Q♥ 3♥Any heart, 8♦, 8♠, 8♣, K♦, K♠, K♣15 outs

• edited July 2009
    Calculating Pot OddsThe concept of pot odds is easy to learn and in my opinion is one of the most important concepts of playing winning poker, especially no limit hold'em.It's simply, the relationship, expressed as a ratio, between the size of the bet you are making or calling, and the number of bets those bets in the pot. For example, if there is 12$ in the pot and you need to call a 3$ bet, you are getting 4:1 pot odds, expressed as 4:1.To have good enough pot odds, generally you need to have better pot odds than your chance of winning the hand. So if you think you only have a 20% chance to win the hand, you should only play that hand if there is 5 times your bet or more in the pot. This is a risk/reward ratio - if you risk losing the bet, you need to have a big enough reward to make it affordable.Poker Pot OddsPot odds can be used during different situations, including calling bets or drawing to a straight or flush. For example, if you need to call 5$ with a 25% chance to win a hand, there needs to be 4 or more times the size of your bet in the pot, or 20$.BEFORE THE FLOP: especially when you are playing weaker hands trying to hit a flop, ex. suited connectors and small pairs, be aware if the pot is big enough for you to take a flop and try to hit your hand. To have good enough odds, generally you need to have better pot odds than your chance of winning the hand. So if you think you only have a 20% chance to win the hand, you should only play that hand if there is 5 times your bet or more in the pot. This is a risk/reward ratio - if you risk losing the bet, you need to have a big enough reward to make it affordable.AFTER THE FLOP: This will mainly be applied when you are drawing to a hand, but the same rule applies, you must have better pot odds then your chance of winning, so it will be profitable in the long run if you hit. To apply this, you need to know how many outs you have, and what percentage this gives you to win the hand. Below is a chart drawing odds from a deck of 47 unseen cards.Good players will also use these when defending the best hand. When you are playing with the best hand, especially against loose players, you can put in a bet that gives the player bad odds to call if you think he will play anyway, or if you want to just win the pot right away you can put an oversized bet in that is clearly not an affordable price to draw. This is just one of the ways that you can tilt pot odds in your favor.Drawing odds from a deck of 47 unseen cardsOuts2 Cards to Come1 Card to come2067.5%43.5%1965.0%41.3%1862.4%39.1%1759.8%37.0%1657.0%34.8%1554.1%32.6%1451.2%30.4%1451.2%30.4%1451.2%30.4%1348.1%28.3%1245.0%26.1%1141.7%23.9%1038.4%21.7%935.0%19.6%831.5%17.4%727.8%15.2%624.1%13.0%520.4%10.9%416.5%8.7%312.5%6.5%28.4%4.3%14.3%2.2%BLUFFING: Pot odds must also be considered when bluffing. Over and Over again I have seen people bluff all in to attempt to steal the smaller blinds: an incredibly high risk for a very small reward. The mathematical rule for bluffing is that THE POT ODDS MUST BE GREATER THAN THE ODDS OF SUCCESSFULLY PULLING OFF THE BLUFF.For example, if you estimate the odds of bluffing and winning at 1 in 5, then there must be more than 5 bets in the pot when you attempt the bluff. This means that you can bluff 1 10th the size of the pot and lose 9 times, and you win in the long run if you win the 10th time. HOWEVER, be careful when playing against bad players, who are often "un-bluffable". Make sure you consider that your chance of bluffing bad players is very small, and use this move scarcely.As you can see, pot odds can make you a winning player in many aspects of the game, and it is essential to always be thinking about pot odds in the risk/reward game that is poker.
  • edited July 2009
    Mick your advice posts about mtt's are definitely more eloquent to the usual filth that comes out ur mouth! ;)
  • edited July 2009
    Mick your advice posts about mtt's are definitely more eloquent to the usual filth that comes out ur mouth! ;)
    Posted by phil12uk

like it says on the tin phil my good little erchin of a friend.......... join for good banter and sum tips how 2 play mtts.
    its just i have 2 keep every1 happy m8, and i no u already got the pot odds thing in ur little brain sumwhere, lol, think im gonna get 100 lines and half hour detention of mr jenkins in min,       

how r u anyway pal r u better yet?
  • edited July 2009
    nice one mick , plenty there for me to think about . i had a general idea before hand but the information you have given me will be PROFITABLE in the long run. im comftable with odds as i used to be into horse racing before switching to poker.  big thankyou .
  • edited July 2009
    Mick you going to come play 'Wedding Bells' later? round up some of the usual suspects mate. :)

Dave
  • edited July 2009
    Yeah feeling better today thanks m8. 1st day for 8 days I aint had the 2 bob bits. Has been good for some weight loss though lol.
  • edited July 2009
    Yeah feeling better today thanks m8. 1st day for 8 days I aint had the 2 bob bits. Has been good for some weight loss though lol.
    Posted by phil12uk
    I need what you had phil lol! piling on the sterling here
  • edited July 2009
    Believe me m8 - u wouldnt want it! Haven't been so sore since I had to share a room with Mick in Nottingham lol
  • edited July 2009
    Posted by PILLOWMAN
    Hi M8
    Excellent post by Mick
    I recently won a book on this site called
    winning at internet poker
    I am half way through it and it gives all the odds and what cards to play in which position
    It is a very good read
    I definitely recommend it
    Gary
  • edited July 2009
    • hi gary,thanks for the tip m8 . ill see if i can get myself a copy.the post from mick has allready helped.made me realize i have been folding some hands when i had the odds to call.still allot to learn .thanks again and good luck .pill

• edited July 2009
    im here 2 help u all where i can............ theres sum i cant help like phil12uk hes gone of the rails and theres some i can like beujolais lol
  • edited July 2009
    Mick you going to come play 'Wedding Bells' later? round up some of the usual suspects mate. :) Dave
    Posted by Grimstar30
    DAVE YES IL PLAY Y NOT M8, ONLY IF ALANA GETS 2 SIT ON MY TABLE LOL
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: THE MICKJENN1 FAN CLUB, JOIN FOR GOOD BANTER AND SUM TIPS HOW 2 PLAY MTTS : DAVE YES IL PLAY Y NOT M8, ONLY IF ALANA GETS 2 SIT ON MY TABLE LOL
    Posted by mickjenn1
      its a bit early for love lolxx
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: THE MICKJENN1 FAN CLUB, JOIN FOR GOOD BANTER AND SUM TIPS HOW 2 PLAY MTTS :   its a bit early for love lolxx
    Posted by beaujolais
    jeez shes here again, am sure shes after me lol x

• edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: 
     jeez shes here again, am sure shes after me lol x
    Posted by mickjenn1

<----- Don't worry - once she's seen my beautiful face she'll leave you well alone ;-)