You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

THE MICKJENN1 FAN CLUB, JOIN FOR GOOD BANTER AND SUM TIPS HOW 2 PLAY MTTS

Comments

• edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: THE MICKJENN1 FAN CLUB, JOIN FOR GOOD BANTER AND SUM TIPS HOW 2 PLAY MTTS:
    In Response to Re: THE MICKJENN1 FAN CLUB, JOIN FOR GOOD BANTER AND SUM TIPS HOW 2 PLAY MTTS : cold or not am still hangin around 9 love lol x
    Posted by mickjenn1
    is that all lol x
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: THE MICKJENN1 FAN CLUB, JOIN FOR GOOD BANTER AND SUM TIPS HOW 2 PLAY MTTS:
    In Response to Re: THE MICKJENN1 FAN CLUB, JOIN FOR GOOD BANTER AND SUM TIPS HOW 2 PLAY MTTS : is that all lol x
    Posted by beaujolais
    haah well thats b4 u stroke it lol x
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: THE MICKJENN1 FAN CLUB, JOIN FOR GOOD BANTER AND SUM TIPS HOW 2 PLAY MTTS : haah well thats b4 u stroke it lol x
    Posted by mickjenn1
    babe you really wished id stroke it lol
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: THE MICKJENN1 FAN CLUB, JOIN FOR GOOD BANTER AND SUM TIPS HOW 2 PLAY MTTS : babe you really wished id stroke it lol
    Posted by beaujolais

of course i do am a red blooded male haha x

• edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: THE MICKJENN1 FAN CLUB, JOIN FOR GOOD BANTER AND SUM TIPS HOW 2 PLAY MTTS : of course i do am a red blooded male haha x
    Posted by mickjenn1
    9cm when stroked ?????? lol
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to THE MICKJENN1 FAN CLUB, JOIN FOR GOOD BANTER AND SUM TIPS HOW 2 PLAY MTTS:
    HI ALL JOIN MY GROUP IF U WANT 2 HAVE A LAFF AND SOME GOOD BANTER, OH AND IL ALSO CHUCK IN SOME TIPS ON HOW 2 WIN MTTS, DONT B SHY LADS JOIN IL TURN U INTO A WINNING PLAYER.
    Posted by mickjenn

cool how do i sign up
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: THE MICKJENN1 FAN CLUB, JOIN FOR GOOD BANTER AND SUM TIPS HOW 2 PLAY MTTS : 9cm when stroked ?????? lol
    Posted by beaujolais
    put it this way darlin u wouldnt like it on the end of ya nose as a wart lol, or behind ya ear as a pencil lol x
  • edited July 2009
    BIG SHOUT TO ALL THE BOYS IN THE THURS TOURNEY AT THE WELLY, IM AVIN IT THIS WEEK LOL
  • edited July 2009
    BIG SHOUT TO ALL THE BOYS IN THE THURS TOURNEY AT THE WELLY, IM AVIN IT THIS WEEK LOL
    Posted by PYEE666

ur in m8 gl but am on the pull here lol
  • edited July 2009
    not working by the looks of it pal! :)
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: THE MICKJENN1 FAN CLUB, JOIN FOR GOOD BANTER AND SUM TIPS HOW 2 PLAY MTTS : ur in m8 gl but am on the pull here lol
    Posted by mickjenn1
    tell her which brand of fake tan you use! she might be impressed by something about you then. lol
  • edited July 2009
    HAHAHAH MICKO IVE HEARD IT ALL... ON THE PULL!!! PMSL... U COULDNT  PULL A PINT MATE LET ALONE THAT STUNNER....UR PROB FOAMING AT THE MOUTH EVERYTIME U TYPE.. KEEP IT UP MICKO... ;-))
  • edited July 2009
    HAHAHAH MICKO IVE HEARD IT ALL... ON THE PULL!!! PMSL... U COULDNT  PULL A PINT MATE LET ALONE THAT STUNNER....UR PROB FOAMING AT THE MOUTH EVERYTIME U TYPE.. KEEP IT UP MICKO... ;-))
    Posted by jimbo31
    ya never no jim wen 2 stunners colide they produce nice babies lol
  • edited July 2009
    hi mickjenn1 i lost connection on 1 of the tables u were chatting on tonight. when  got back i saw u wrote buster for1can u tell me what that was in response too please.
  • edited July 2009
    hi mickjenn1 i lost connection on 1 of the tables u were chatting on tonight. when  got back i saw u wrote buster for1can u tell me what that was in response too please.
    Posted by BUSTERSIMO
    we was on bout good players m8
  • edited July 2009

your next comment was to shove against me which knocked me out of tourne.so i cant see how your replie rings true.i enjoyed the game that u have organisewhen the blind structure was what everyone expeted.but i dont think u should be able to comment or give advice on tables that u are not envolved with. were u knocked out of the tourne when u gave this advice?

• edited July 2009
    buster not sure which 1 ur on about had 2 tables goin if its the 1 where 1 player flopped the nut flush then i cant press ur all in buton for u can i, im good but not that good
  • edited July 2009
    Mick .. since following this thread (and others) I can report that I have learnt naff all about "how to play MTTs" but I've become an expert at flirting with young ladies.  Thanks Mick !
  • edited July 2009
    mick  you  could  not  pull  a   bird  in  a  brothel  never  mind  them  two lol
  • edited July 2009
    Play Tight Early MTT Tip: Play tight earlyDon’t Try to Steal Blinds EarlyHow many times have you seen this one?  It’s early on in a tournament and the blinds are only at 10-20 or something quite low. Then, all of a sudden a player sensing weakness opens the betting with a 200-400 bet.  Why?  Is the 30 in the pot that important?  Unless you have a premium hand, anyone who calls you in this spot probably has you beat.  You watch this player pushing and pushing and before you know it, they’ve busted out before the first break.  How dumb does this sound when you read about it?  Well, its happened to everyone at some point or another. Now that you see how frivolous this is, don’t do it again.Don’t Play Junk in Early PositionsOffsuited connecting cards, one gappers, small pocket pairs, Ace little suited…  These cards may be playable from late position but in early position, these are easy folds.  Think of it this way, if you are holding cards that can’t stand the heat of a raise, fold them.  In tournaments, you are only given a set number of chips.  If you needlessly spew them by calling early and then folding, you are wasting your precious commodities. Then when you do pick up good cards, you can’t make as much money in your double up opportunities and you can’t pay for your stronger draws.Continually Build Your StackGetting yourself into the deep stages of a tournament, and setting yourself up for victory is a tough thing to do. One way to do this is to always be looking for situations to build your stack. The middle stages of a tournament are where all the play really takes place, and you need to be prepared for that. Mix up your play, and take advantage of situations where you can steal the blinds, or exploit a weaker opponent at your table. You really want to be able to hit the late stages of a tournament with a stack that you can play with, not just be forced to push all in or fold. Pay close attention in every situation as you may be able to pick up useful information that you can use later on.MTT Tip: Build your stack, especially in middle roundsMake Time to Complete TournamentsHow basic does this sound?  Many multi-table tournaments can take several hours to complete.  If you have dinner plans or don’t think you can stick around to make it through the final table, save your buy-in money.  You need to have the mindset that you’re in it to win it, not just to pass the time.  How effective can you be if you have one eye on the clock the entire time?Focus on playing hands that will help build your stackEarly on in a tournament, look to only play premium pocket pairs and big suited cards.  When you have them, bring them into the hand with a raise and be aggressive with them.  Seize control of a hand and don’t let go of it. If you open with a raise preflop and you hit (or even sometimes if you miss), you should continue to show strength after the.  If someone plays back at you, you can still get out of the way.  The goal is to maximize the chips you attain with your big hands.  Don’t be afraid to mix it up with themBe Aware of Chip CountsAlways be aware of who has how many chips at your table. If you see someone with an enormous stack, they to avoid that confrontation until you have something really, really strong. Conversely, avoid trying to attempt bluffs on smaller stacks that are likely to call you or have committed too many chips to fold.  If you have a strong hand, bet it heavy against similar or lesser stacks as these are the people that will be hesitant to tangle with you.Know when its Time to Stop a BluffThis is more true as it gets later in a tournament and the Blinds and Antes become increasingly significant.  I think whenever you see an opening and you are in late position, you should go ahead and take a stab at the Blinds.  If you are successful, you add to your stack and have put yourself in a better position to win the whole tournament.  But when is enough, enough?  I’ve seen many players, , make an attempt to steal the blinds and then take it too far when they are being played back at.  If you raise from late position in a steal attempt, by all means, make a reasonable post flop stab.  But don’t put so many of your chips at risk if a call will pot commit you if you are trapped by a big hand.  If you raise preflop, you should come out betting but if this attempt after the flop fails, sometimes it is prudent to proceed with caution.  Being able to cut your losses could prevent you from a premature exit from the tournament.As a Big Stack, you are not the Policeman of the tableSo you’ve been rolling and you have a larger chip stack than anyone at your table.  You are in the Big Blind with A-10 offsuit and a middle position player goes all in.  What do you do?  To me, unless the player has a microscopic stack, this is an easy fold.  Just because you are outchipping the field, that doesn’t mean it is your responsibility to maintain table law and order and knock everyone out.  I would say that unless you have AQ or better or a pocket pair higher than 7, just get out of the way and let this player stick around.  Wait until you have a monster and then take them out.  Don’t waste chips being the hall monitor.  Other players want you to make that call so your chips become more vulnerable.  Don’t play into that trap.As a Short Stack, Pick Your SpotsBeing the short stack is quite an unenviable position at the table.  You need to double up if you are going to survive, much less win the tournament.  That doesn’t’ mean however that you should play desperately.  As long as you can survive a couple rounds of blinds, you can afford to be somewhat selective.  I’ve seen smallish stacks go all in with poor hands like A-5 offsuit only to be busted out by an unimproved AQ by the caller.  You want to wait until you have a semi-strong ace or a pair. Once you pick one of these up, its off to the races.  At this time that you actually have a hand, push your chips in and see what happens.  Think back to this past World Series of Poker final table.  The eventual winner, Joseph Hachem was the short stack almost throughout the entire final table.  He made laydown after laydown when most players would have pushed their chips in.  Ultimately, we waited out his competitors and picked his spots with the utmost precision.  Now, he is a multi-millionaire.Don’t Get Tentative Around Bubble TimeYou have a reasonable stack and the next 5 players busted will finish out of the money.  How do you play?  Do you get tight and tentative or do you attack?  You should absolutely not being playing scared hoping to cash, you should be more aggressive than usual. Think about it.  When you entered the tournament, did you do so hoping to finish in the money only?  No, you were trying to win the whole thing.  To do so, you must take advantage of the fact that everyone has tightened up and try to steal pots whenever possible.  Why?  To give yourself a better chance to win outright of course. Timid players may get into the money, but the winners attack. Never forget that.Don’t Lose your Focus until the Tournament is OverYou’re approaching the final table.  You have a respectable stack and you may even be the chip leader.  So you begin to check the tournament scoreboard to see how much money you stand to win.  Guess what?  Don’t do this.  By counting your chickens before they’ve hatched you’ve lost part of your edge, part of the hunger that’s gotten you to this position.  You need to focus on your table, focus on your cards and your opponents and continue to grind away.  Only by doing this and concentrating can you be crowned the champ.Finish StrongOnce you are in the money, you should be in a groove, and playing your best poker. Here you really want to have the ability to take risks and make strong bets. Do not raise without purpose, but be aggressive. There are going to be a lot of people hanging on for dear life, just trying not to get knocked out. Anything worth playing is worth playing to win, so you better go for it.
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: THE MICKJENN1 FAN CLUB, JOIN FOR GOOD BANTER AND SUM TIPS HOW 2 PLAY MTTS : 9cm when stroked ?????? lol
    Posted by beaujolais
    Which one is she? right or left?
  • edited July 2009
    MICKJENN1 TOP  TIPS.................This article is intended to advise poker players on how to play No Limit Hold'em Multi-Table Tournaments (NLH MTTs). The ultimate goal, of course, is to win the tournament, but you can't simply walk up to the felt with this mindset. There are many more aspects involved if you want to win a NLH MTT. The following Top 10 NLH MTT Tips will help improve your stamina throughout long poker tournaments.MTT Tip #1: Be FearlessTimid poker players rarely last in an Hold'em tournament. You can sit back, folding regularly on a tight poker strategy and wait for the premium hands, but you cannot back down to big bets and raises each time they arise. The blinds will bleed you dry if you don't take advantage of the opportunities provided.MTT Tip #2: Aim for the BubbleThe goal of any tournament player, first and foremost, should be to make the bubble. This is the point where all remaining players are guaranteed to get something for their efforts. If there are 3,000 competitors, and the top 500 get paid, your goal is to make 500th place. Always know how many players remain and focus on that goal.MTT Tip #3: Watch you Opponents CloselyPoker tournaments are very long, tedious events. This gives you plenty of time to read your opponents, finding all tendencies that can be taken advantage of. If you can pen-point their behavioral patterns early on, you can predict their every move in most situations.MTT Tip #4: Put Yourself in Their ShoesIf you're reading your opponents as carefully as you should be, you have to assume they are doing the same with you. Put yourself in their shoes for a moment. Consider what they think of you and your game play. By understanding the type of player they think you are, and the predictions they are likely to make about you, the trap is set. Lure them into a predictable situation, and then set the hook. This strategy works best in the latest stages of the tournament, when only the strongest, most strategic players remain.MTT Tip #5: Low Stack - Push or FoldIf you find yourself low stacked, with only 10-20x big blinds left, you need to take on an aggressive "Push or Fold" stance. This means, if you don't have a premium starting hand - fold. If you do have a premium starting hand - push all-in. It's that simple. Limping in with a big hand will get you nowhere. Don't worry about everyone at the table folding.When your stack is that small, the biggest stacks around you will jump on the opportunity to call, even with marginal holdings. They have the same goal as you - make the bubble - and that means eliminating as many small stacks as possible. Push with the big hand and try to double up through a big stack.MTT Tip #6: Early Stages - Don't Go BrokeBe conservative with your chips, only placing big bets when you have the cards to back it up. You don't want to go broke in the first hour of a tournament. Never push your chips all-in during the early stages without a monster hand.MTT Tip #7: Middle Stages - Beware the Deep StacksAt this point, the field is dropping like flies. A lot of deep stacks will emerge, as well as the small stacks that are playing a Push or Fold poker strategy. When facing a big stack, make sure you have the hand to back it up. Often, big stacks will call with marginal hands just hoping to eliminate more competition. Because of this, when you have to goods, you can easily double up on a deep stacked playYour game play is now determined by your stack size. If you have a big stack, don't be afraid to raise, stealing the hefty blinds whenever possible. Low stacks will fear you, making them more vulnerable to stealing the blinds.Until you are being called regularly, keep pounding away with the raises. If you're low stacked, maintain the Push or Fold poker strategy, Folding all junk and marginal hands and waiting for the premium starting hands to push all in.MTT Tip #9: In the BubbleOnce you've made the Bubble, your first goal is complete. You know you'll be walking away with some cash for your efforts. Regardless of your stack size, it's usually a good idea to back off the blinds at this point. Go back to a tight poker strategy, playing only big hands for awhile. Your ultimate goal is now to make the final table.MTT Tip #10: Final TableYou've made it to the NLH MTT final table; well done! At this point, the short stacks will usually bust out quickly. If you have an average to high stack, play very conservatively, waiting for the shorties to be wiped out. This will move you quickly up the money ladder to guarantee at least 5-6 position.If you've made it this far, you should have been able to read your opponents very well. Continue to do so, playing your position and taking an aggressive stance anytime you honestly think you have the upper hand. 
  • edited July 2009
    MICKJENN, saw your from Crewe, I`m from Crewe myself and know loads from overheads. Do you go to circus in stoke?
  • edited July 2009
    MICKJENN, saw your from Crewe, I`m from Crewe myself and know loads from overheads. Do you go to circus in stoke?
    Posted by OMahonyO
    YES M8 IM FROM CREWE N YES I GO THERE 2 CIRCUS MUCKER,
  • edited July 2009
    Poker Tournament Strategy - The Final TableIf you have been successful up until the final table of a multi-table tournament, then your strategy has worked well so far. At this point you may be entering the final table with a short stack, average stack, or perhaps as the chip leader. Each of these situations will require a totally different style of play.Your opponents at this point are most likely skilled players as well, and particular plays may not be made as easily as they would have been against weak players. Odds are you have not had much interaction with these players prior to the final table, so for the first few rounds, you may need to study the way your table is proceeding, and act accordingly in order to build a stack and gain a lead on your opponents.Because each player being eliminated guarantees a larger payout for the next consecutive player, expect play to become much tighter than the previous few tables you have experienced. At this point many players are trying to climb the payout ladder rather than build a major stack, which is especially evident when it comes to the short stacks.To gain a feel for the table, tend to play extremely tight for the first round of play around the table. This first round will give you an insight into your table: who the aggressors are, who is willing to wait out and rise up in cashes, and skilled players that are presenting your same tight/aggressive style of play. After this first round, depending on your stack, players will have pinned you as a fairly tight player which will be in your favor when you open up pre-flop to steal blinds from tight players in the future.Playing the Short StackEntering the final table with 8-12 blinds will qualify one as a short stack at the table. With the blinds most likely very large, this leaves you with some quick decision making. You may not even have the opportunity to wait an entire round as discussed above if you receive a hand in which you can push all-in, which at this point is one of your only two moves, all-in or fold. However there are some keys to pushing all-in in the right positions because each player is playing the pay-out ladder.Attempt to push as often as possible on medium size chip stacks. This is because the larger stacks are more likely willing to risk their chips in order to knock out smaller stacks. The low stacks are also going to be willing to risk their entire stack on marginal hands because they are in the same position as you, hoping to double as soon as possible. So stick to pushing all-in on the medium stacks in the blinds whenever possible. The players with medium stacks are most likely to sit on their chips until around 6 to 7 players left, and then begin making moves.The Average Stack at the Final TableThis is the point at which you have the opportunity to sit back for a round and observe your opponents for some insight to how the final table will play out. After observing which short stacks are willing to double up often, and which large stacks are stealing blinds far too often, you may have an idea of which players you are going to involve yourself with.At this point, focusing on the smaller stacks and aggressive big stacks are the most advantageous opportunities you will have. Your most dangerous situation is entering a pot against another tight/aggressive medium sized stack such as yourself that is hoping to build his or her stack solely through very strong hands. As discussed before, and like you should do if you find yourself in the situation, smaller stacks will be pushing with fairly marginal hands.Your best opportunity to gain chips at this rate is through knocking out the smaller stacks that will push on your blinds in late position. It is nearly impossible at this point to avoid coin-flip situations pre-flop, and if you want to win the tournament, you will have to gamble at some point with a coin-flip. Therefore, if you are going to gamble with a coin-flip, your best option is against a small stack that risks only around half of your stack.Another decent opportunity to build your stack is through pushing back at large stacks that attempt to steal blinds too often. When these large stacks are re-raised by a medium stack pre-flop after trying to steal blinds, odds are they will not be willing to risk potentially half of their very large stack, and believe you are exceptionally strong, surrendering their hand.Entering the FT as a Chip LeaderFortunately, entering the final table with a large chip lead on your opponents makes your play slightly less nerve-wrecking, but unless you play precise poker, you have no better chance at winning the tournament. Considering how the aggressive the short stacks are to enter the pots, and how tight the medium stacks are playing, you will have to adjust accordingly.Continually applying pressure to the medium stacks is very important, especially when the medium stacks are sitting in the blinds. These stacks are more likely than anyone to wait out for other players to be eliminated. Focus on isolating these stacks in a hand, and if you raise in late position and are called by a medium stack, never give up the opportunity to apply pressure again on the flop. If your opponent has not hit the flop strong, you will receive the most respect for a continuation bet now than you have the entire tournament. The player will undoubtedly fold in order to save chips, unless he or she has hit the flop hard.Your best chance for eliminating players is obviously through the smaller stacks because they present the least threatening blow to your chip stack. Most small stacks will probably avoid pushing into larger stacks in the blinds with marginal hands, so you will have to be careful when they do, as they may present a strong pre-flop hand. However if you sit behind a small stack that is pushing in late position to most likely steal the blinds, you can lower your hand selection to call down to any pocket pair, and even KJ, K10, and Ax. These are all potentially dangerous hands for a short stack to face, especially when they are most likely pushing with any two cards solely to steal the blinds.
  • edited July 2009
    GUYS IVE BEEN BUSY THIS MORNIN IL TELL YA............. I FOUND GREGGHOGG
  • edited July 2009
    IF U EVER WONDERED WHERE TIKAY WHEN HE'S PLAYING THE DEEPSTACKS FOR THE 1ST HALF HOUR OR SO HES SLEEPIN BUT THIS IS WHO'S PLAYING FOR HIM
  • edited July 2009
    MARK BANIN.....................
  • edited July 2009
    GUYS PHIL12UK INVITED ME AROUND 2 HIS OWN GAME I SAID WHOS PLAYIN HE SAID HIM FLASHFLUSH YOUNGUN N HURST05 I SAID NA IL LEAVE IT
  • edited July 2009
    SHOW ME UR POKER FACE GUYS..........