You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Poker strategy video + Commentary

2»

Comments

• edited November 2011
    I am gonna do a Cash vidz, they'll probably be more help these peps are taking my money help! vids though. As I dont really play cash.

As regards to the dog, We found the owners. He was from a farm north of Manchester a working dog and was only a pup 12 months old, must of had a tough life already. I nice happy ending though.

Thanks for watching the Video's again people.

Primo Sat and Primo coming soon
  • edited November 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/user/cocklaw#p/u/0/MwwvN2wTYhA

New vids people, tournament play nearly ready aswell.

Thankz for all the views so far, I am enjoying my new hobby, and learning A little aswell on the way. I have over a 1000 views on youtube and now over 3000 views on PokerTube which is pretty good for a no-body lol.
    Am sure Sky Poker team have me a free hoody With Cocklaw printed on the back, in the post for all my wonderful promotion....................

(ay dooohhhh did you know your on a couple on vids on youtube against the Don90?)

Regards

Cocklaw
  • edited November 2011
    First hour of Bounty Hunter tournament up, Please leave me feedback peps.

Any body got any ideas for new video's, I am consider showing and 4 table attempt what you think?

Regards

Cocklaw
  • edited December 2011
    Second hour up just editing some some primo footage!!! no good am affraid but i'll look for comment on my play.

Just missed out on the Primo sat, £11 got it all in with AQ v J9 s.................AQ sux so much

lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0DHYdH_r2I&list=UUbxsk4NERv4IvfTw8Te6XvQ&feature=plcp

regards

Cocklaw
  • edited December 2011
    Hey Kocklaw,

Did you ever get round to doing the video explaining how to film your own poker vids??

Cos I wouldn't mind filming some of my own play and trying to get people's opinions cos I just can't see where I'm going wrong and why I'm not winning more. At the end of a session now I always filter my HH to show the biggest losing hands and post them up if they aint just standard coolers and stuff but it doesnt seem to be working...
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Poker strategy video + Commentary:
    Hey Kocklaw, Did you ever get round to doing the video explaining how to film your own poker vids?? Cos I wouldn't mind filming some of my own play and trying to get people's opinions cos I just can't see where I'm going wrong and why I'm not winning more. At the end of a session now I always filter my HH to show the biggest losing hands and post them up if they aint just standard coolers and stuff but it doesnt seem to be working...
    Posted by Lambert180

Teamviewer ftw!!! ^^^^

I'll watch you play a session on teamviewer if you like. In return for my time, all I ask is for you to confess you look like Michael Mcintyre.

----------

Loving the vids kocklaw, hoping to see a cash 1 soon?

Also ur not bad with a bowling ball in ur hand, even if you do occasionally end up on ur Rs! hahaha lololol.

• edited December 2011
    Whats teamviewer? Yeah I basically wanted to record it so people could look at my game and comment. I was going to do it on my cash tables but could do MTTs too.

Ok I confess I look like Michael Mcintyre lol... have I got you on FB by the way? Cos if I have, then you can verify I am the lookalike.... that and test out my amphibian knowledge.
  • edited December 2011
    Teamviewer is brill I've just started using it again recently. 

Not on fb, but got msn? 

It allows me to see your screen on my screen (i dnt have control obv), so I can watch u play, whilst seeing ur hole cards, basically just like a vid but w/out all the messing about. 

U can confirm the lookalike on there!
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, that sounds brilliant!! Definitely gonna check that out now.

What time are you usually on by the way, I play pretty much exact same times every week, Monday to Friday 7pm til about 11:30pm. So let me know if you got a spare slot sometime.
  • edited December 2011
    Heys fella's thanx for the comments

Yea Lambert the Poker vid of how to make a poker vid is on there. if you go to my channel (youtube) then scroll through my vids you'll see it. it dead easy mate and loads of fun!!

Cheers Doh, had to leave the ankle smash on there.....because it just so funny!!

it hurt like hell mind, had ice pack on it for half an hour. So tip for the week "dont smash a 15lbs bowling ball into your ankle!!"

3 Primo vidz coming this weekend then.......cash tables
  • edited December 2011
    Very well done. You are a man to be avoided on the tables
  • edited December 2011
    Aw thanx gracie, i believe we met at the tables today..yes?

Maybe, when i was making most of the video's i was fortunate, then ive had few bashes at tournaments and continued playin and have had a terrible run.

The up's and downs and poker ay...lol
  • edited December 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p4j9yAixqk

Some primo sat's I merge them to make one video, I'll get my deepest run up later today if i can.

Enjoy people, please leave comment and give the thumbs up on de youtube please
  • edited December 2011
    hey m8, good vid as always.

the commentry is slightly behind the action tho which can get annoying, but still v watchable, dunno if u can change that in future vids?

11 mins in, u have jacks with approx 12xbb's.....

u say u didnt wanna jam because a hand like A7 will call, but surely this is a good thing if you can get your money in well ahead?

you can't play in fear of getting bad beats, all you can do is outplay your opponents, get your chips in good, and hope it's your day!

edit - 2 hands later in an almost identical scenario u make the correct push with a worse hand, ace jack, which makes the limp with pocket jacks even more puzzling?
  • edited December 2011
    hey m8, good vid as always. the commentry is slightly behind the action tho which can get annoying, but still v watchable, dunno if u can change that in future vids? 11 mins in, u have jacks with approx 12xbb's..... u say u didnt wanna jam because a hand like A7 will call, but surely this is a good thing if you can get your money in well ahead? you can't play in fear of getting bad beats, all you can do is outplay your opponents, get your chips in good, and hope it's your day! edit - 2 hands later in an almost identical scenario u make the correct push with a worse hand, ace jack, which makes the limp with pocket jacks even more puzzling?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Thanx for watchin, i'll check the timing, i usually go through and edit most problems out.

I know what you mean about the 9's, j's, and AJ hands. But if i think i can make the cut i will avoid playin hands with those players behind me. I know its nitty but I only do this in sat's where the bubble is close, i shudda kept the lobby pane up. There where a few peps on less than 500chips so was tryin to wait them out. ("scaredie Kat, Scaredie Kat..ner ner" i hear you cry!)

I loving the sat's laterly they just payin off for me.

On a totatally different point people seem very abusive in the sat's and angry. Anybody else notice this lately?

Regards

K
  • edited January 2012
    Hey all,

Sorry havent posted for a while a had cob on from some bad beats on here, so been away sulking......

Just need to some love and comfort from my online opponents/friends/villians/buddies/poker associates type people.

Did anybody think my plays where shockingly bad, i know I struggle in the tournaments and better on sit & Go's but I try play in the right manner I hope for the best.

I posted my Video's on Pokertube and people are constantly berating my plays (even if i cash and win?). I try take on board any comments an consider them constructive. I was wondering whether it because those people havent played on SkyPoker as I do find the play very odd here at times, and see many over aggressive and silly calls going on so i adapt to counter this?????

Maybe i just think to much?
  • edited January 2012
    I was wondering whether it because those people havent played on SkyPoker as I do find the play very odd here at times, and see many over aggressive and silly calls going on so i adapt to counter this????? Maybe i just think to much?
    Posted by kocklaw

Really? I'm the opposite, I've found I've had to adjust my game on here because players can be quite tight and nitty (well compared to where I usually play 8**)

Anyway well done with the videos, really enjoyed watching them. :)

• edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Poker strategy video + Commentary : Really? I'm the opposite, I've found I've had to adjust my game on here because players can be quite tight and nitty (well compared to where I usually play 8**) Anyway well done with the videos, really enjoyed watching them. :)
    Posted by Epoker
    Thanx Epoker

Yea i find some really loose play on here especially on the lower stakes, say £10 and under.

Am glad, you enjoyed the vidz, i got a Deep Primo one on way and editing and making some cash ones
  • edited January 2012
    Hey all, Sorry havent posted for a while a had cob on from some bad beats on here, so been away sulking...... Just need to some love and comfort from my online opponents/friends/villians/buddies/poker associates type people. Did anybody think my plays where shockingly bad, i know I struggle in the tournaments and better on sit & Go's but I try play in the right manner I hope for the best. I posted my Video's on Pokertube and people are constantly berating my plays (even if i cash and win?). I try take on board any comments an consider them constructive. I was wondering whether it because those people havent played on SkyPoker as I do find the play very odd here at times, and see many over aggressive and silly calls going on so i adapt to counter this????? Maybe i just think to much?
    Posted by kocklaw
    You've got to remember, win or lose in 1 game doesn't matter, you can win with a bad play and lose with a good one.
  • edited January 2012
    Hey all

sorry took so long for this one, it was like 2hrs30mins of footage to sort. but lots of fun to play and produce.

Please give me thumbs up if you like (on youtube) and look forward to comments good or bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doyJovCFaV8