You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYM bubble is it a fold???

2»

Comments

• edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM bubble is it a fold???:
    Rancid, you gotta remember, you're not trying to come 1st. Yes you're right in some ways about it being like a cash bubble in an MTT except in an MTT often a min cash means very little and it's worth going for the win so you can't tighten up around the bubble. Imagine if it was an MTT bubble, there's been 200 runners (£2 BI, prize pool £400), bubble is 20th, and instead of it being 1st prize being say £180 and then working down from there, instead EVERYONE gets £20, 20th gets £20 and so does 1st place. Do you really think that the bubble would play out the same way? Cos thats the difference between an MTT bubble and a DYM
    Posted by Lambert180
      ^ this ^

You're only going to get one prize ( 2 x your entry fee). That's all you're playing for, to oulast 1 more person. that's the finishing post.
    You can't do better, but you can do worse if you lose the flip (assuming it is even a flip)
    if you risk it you either guarantee that you'll get paid or you destroy yourself & make the rest of the game much harder.
    It might sound nitty, but I think you can wait for better spots, or at least to see a cheap flop that you connect with.

at that stage it seems unnecessary to risk it, bearing in mind that if you're a regular DYM player, one loss sets you back 2 x wins.

what did you do in the end..?
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM bubble is it a fold???:
    I played this hand so bad and called and ran into queens or sumin along them lines i know it should be a fold but multi tabling ruined my game :( cheers for input and good to see what i thought was a mistake is a mistake
    Posted by Batkin88
    Hi, this isn't the worst call in the world but I can offer a couple of suggestions....

If you had been up against a couple of calling stations in the blinds this is an easy shove (and my standard approach with this hand at this stage of the game) as they will often call way too light, making this a profitable move.

However you had noted already that you felt this player was pretty weak, and would only reshove a premium hand that you were racing with/dominated by. If you find a very weak player in BB raise/folding is absolutely fine but you could easily adjust your bet sizing.  I note that at 75/150 blinds you raised to 3 x BB (450). You do not usually need to raise so much at this point in the game, and my standard raise here would be only 350 (approx 2.3 BB) yet against a weak player this is just as effective as a bigger raise but it saves a few extra chips in those rare occasions that they have something better.

Laying down AK this late in the game is never going to be easy though.