You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

More Sky Poker Changes - tournaments this time!

2»

Comments

• edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: More Sky Poker Changes - tournaments this time!:
    Sky Rich Is there any chance we could get a nightly satellite (at say 9pm or 10pm) for the following evenings 8pm tourney.  Would suit those of us who can only play evenings down to the ground and I'm sure there would be plenty of take up from early casualties in that nights tourney Rgds Lincs
    Posted by lincs67
    Excellent idea.
    The simplest ideas are often the best.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: More Sky Poker Changes - tournaments this time! : Excellent idea. The simplest ideas are often the best.
    Posted by MereNovice
    +1

Great shout
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: More Sky Poker Changes - tournaments this time! : LOLOL!!!!!! This made me chuckle Mr Orford :) Any chance the double stack on a Friday could have a longer (more deepstack) structure? I have posted this elsewhere as an idea as it could increase the interest in all the other deepstack tournies.  Also, being a Friday night a lot of players wouldnt have the problem of work the next day so it could go into the wee hours of the morning.
    Posted by phil12uk
    +1

Great changes - thanks sky
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: More Sky Poker Changes - tournaments this time! : Excellent idea. The simplest ideas are often the best.
    Posted by MereNovice
    I totally agree.  Have been thinking about this for some time even before the time changes - which incidentally are very much welcomed.
  • edited October 2009
    Sky Rich Is there any chance we could get a nightly satellite (at say 9pm or 10pm) for the following evenings 8pm tourney.  Would suit those of us who can only play evenings down to the ground and I'm sure there would be plenty of take up from early casualties in that nights tourney Rgds Lincs
    Posted by lincs67
    Yes please!
  • edited October 2009
    As a night owl (fortunate to get up no earlier than 0730 on work days), late games (9pm) were never a problem for me. Now however its gonna be tricky as a single dad to a 6 year old who is never in bed by 8pm! However I know I'm in the minority and welcome the chance to play less frantic longer games (can maybe accept missing a few hands early doors to sort domestics without losing all my chips!) in the belief that this game format might prepare me better for SPT events if I get through. My first winnings were on Slow Boat games a couple of years ago, so roll on the challenge.
    As for satellites, previous night is a good idea. Or have an entrants cap on satellite events (say 20 players max, 4 to qualify) which should make them run quick enough from start times 5:30-6:30 say every 5 minutes??