You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cliff

2»

Comments

• edited November 2011

lots of pop bottles with vodka and coke  in as i remember paige lol

• edited November 2011
    iam a big fan of  your posts too they make me giggle my fave cliff record is we dont talk anymore all the best jonny
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Cliff:
    iam a big fan of  your posts too they make me giggle my fave cliff record is we dont talk anymore all the best jonny
    Posted by FLASHJONNY
    Ty  Flash hope you don't wear a raincoat.  My Hubby hates him and never goes to his Concerts with me,  but that's OK by me he likes "Dire Straights" brothers in arms.  I'm OK with that. Each to their own.   Hugs xx Annie x
  • edited November 2011
     Money for Nothing Chick's for free  ------ more up your street. Mmmm      My Daddy's Home was posted for Oynutter Rik .!!

The list of great Artist is as wide as it is long, you have your list others have their list.?  Freedom of choice.! I like the Carpenters and they wrote all their music.  I like Robbie , West life ,Take That,  lots of others but this thread was about Cliff.    
  • edited November 2011
    SORRY IF THIS THREAD HAS GONE A BIT OF THE SUBJECT ANNIE, I STILL LIKE CLIFF XXXX
  • edited November 2011
    SORRY IF THIS THREAD HAS GONE A BIT OF THE SUBJECT ANNIE, I STILL LIKE CLIFF XXXX
    Posted by paige55
    No problem Trish just putting the men in their place. Love any contribution to my posts.  Hugs xx 
  • edited November 2011
    no raincoat annie i am not the most mobile hence the nickname but i do have a stick called eric i also like by cliff carrie
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to cliff:
    no raincoat annie i am not the most mobile hence the nickname but i do have a stick called eric i also like by cliff carrie
    Posted by FLASHJONNY
    What a shame I had this picture in my minds eye. !   Yes Carrie is another one to his list but not one everyone would think of first second or even third as there are so many to chose from. 

Well Mr Bludreid11  had a little Troll through Runrig and assume you must be Scottish.  Some nice music with bagpipes and I'll keep coming home song says he is a very good singer. So why have I never heard of them.  I know the Proclaimers and that's where I would pigeon hole them.  Loch Morar may float your boat but never going to be a Monster.?   Hugs Annie x   
  • edited November 2011
    annie i just been talking to my mum and she bought livin doll back in the sands of time she likes cliff too and she likes devil woman as  well now paige i actually bought cindy incidentally byrod an the faces i feel old
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to re cliff:
    annie i just been talking to my mum and she bought livin doll back in the sands of time she likes cliff too and she likes devil woman as  well now paige i actually bought cindy incidentally byrod an the faces i feel old
    Posted by FLASHJONNY
    Yes early hit for him and sold millions.  Bludreid 11 is right in a way Cliff started in Rock N-Roll and was always in the shadow (pardon pun) of Elvis and even tried to brake into the American Market but flopped and is now better known for his Ballads. He never became a tax exile and earned his Knighthood for his contribution to the music Industry. His Longevity is testament to his popularity and great songs.  Fancy another street Pole to see how many people would consider him one of the Greats.  Great Poker players are gauged by how long at the Top they stay and how much money they make.?  Film Stars the good movies Motor Racing the most wins you name it that's how you become Great.?   Me the number of post.?  Hugs please remember this thread is for fun.   Annie x 
  • edited November 2011
    logdon, some of your posts are amusing and some quite clever,you obviously are quite an intellegent woman with some great ideas,ive taken a great deal of pleasure from answering and taking part in your ideas.  BUT, CLIFF ????? LET THIS POST DIE,I WISH I COULD PUSH HIM OVER A CLIFF, HE WAS AN ELVIS TRIBUTE BAND,BEFORE TRIBUTE BANDS WERE THOUGHT OF. have a listen to a band called RUNRIG,i suggest their album called LONG DISTANCE and the 3rd track one of the most beautiful love songs ever written,all their lyrics are deep and moving,and yes its obvious that ill listen from a long distance comment is available to the silly,inane, uninitiated non music lovers. So  come up with another post, that others can at least pretend to have an interest in.
    Posted by bludreid11
    Intellegent?????

Ha ha ha ha he he he he ho smiggen ho ho cough cough heheheheheheeeee
  • edited November 2011
    logdon, some of your posts are amusing and some quite clever,you obviously are quite an intellegent woman with some great ideas,ive taken a great deal of pleasure from answering and taking part in your ideas.  BUT, CLIFF ????? LET THIS POST DIE,I WISH I COULD PUSH HIM OVER A CLIFF, HE WAS AN ELVIS TRIBUTE BAND,BEFORE TRIBUTE BANDS WERE THOUGHT OF. have a listen to a band called RUNRIG,i suggest their album called LONG DISTANCE and the 3rd track one of the most beautiful love songs ever written,all their lyrics are deep and moving,and yes its obvious that ill listen from a long distance comment is available to the silly,inane, uninitiated non music lovers. So  come up with another post, that others can at least pretend to have an interest in.
    Posted by bludreid11
    Well I have thought of covering "Great" novels and  their Authors.  Would you contribute if I posted.    For example;    Barbara Cartland,  Jilly Cooper,  Jackie Collins or would you prefer Sex in the City. ?  
  • edited November 2011
    pay no attention annie i enjoy your musings as they make me laugh out loud keep up the terrific work flash and eric raincoats rule lol
  • edited November 2011
    pay no attention annie i enjoy your musings as they make me laugh out loud keep up the terrific work flash and eric raincoats rule lol
    Posted by FLASHJONNY
    TY  Hugs  xxxx   My Hubby keeps me on my toe's with his put downs,   but he loves me really.!   Got to let you into a secret.  I searched out my Hollies Track's and found they are on 8 track.  woo how old am I. ??   As old as your Mum.  21 wish.?
  • edited November 2011
    tee hee talking of hollies i bought the air that i breathe my fave hollies track is i love jennifer eccles i know that she loves me (i wish)
  • edited November 2011
     Hubby has just restored our Mrk 1 Capri 1600 GT which we bought in 1972  been in the garage for 11 years and is his love hate project.  This year he managed to complete the restoration MOT'ed and taxed and Insured it with ----- yes free road tax. He installed 6 channel amp 6 speaker system and subs in the boot.  Woo the 8 track is on front speakers only but JVC head unit running Alpine speakers and subs.  Wooo sat in it,   put in CD and just blown away.  Neighbours not to happy hearing Cliff at 1,000 watts.?  
  • edited November 2011
      Most people have their own favorite record track or song, for them the words and music touch their heart strings, it sum's up a precious moment in their life,  that tune then becomes their favorite Great song.  Queen Thread proved lots of Fans and Rod Stewart to. I never liked Mick Jagger or the Sex Pistols but they have there following. My boys brain washed me by playing Garage, House, Beat-Box music all day long. I found myself humming the tunes while out Shopping. Aaah  My sister in Australia played her favorite tune "Blue Moon" all the time we were there and named their Boat and Radio call signs after it.  You can get obsessed with loving something or just hating it. Cliff is not the be-all in my choice of music. I have wide range in music taste which cover Classical R&B Russel Watson the voice,  Jazz  Big Bands Glen Miller and Brass Bands after watching the Film Brassed Off.  So glad you feel affinity with your chose of music,  who am I to knock it. What floats your Boat and sails you into the sunset.   Hugs Annie xx
  • edited November 2011
    an  me steve miller band eagles also partial to a bit of country alan jackson a particular favourite of mine now where is that raincoat
  • edited November 2011
    an  me steve miller band eagles also partial to a bit of country alan jackson a particular favourite of mine now where is that raincoat
    Posted by FLASHJONNY
     Think your warming to the Idea of becoming Raincoat man and I don't mean "Columbo".!   But beware people may laugh.?   
     If Hubby ran through the Village naked nobody would notice. sigh !!      Yes Country Western music Grand old Op'ra  Dolly, Kenny Rogers , Silver wings  also love Gene Pitney, Roy Orbison, Neil Sedaka, Frankie Laine.   As I said the List is long and everyone has their favorite sound. The test of a great song is when you hear it again and again time after time you never tire of it.  Hugs Annie x 
  • edited November 2011
    my mum shes watched all the  columbo episodes 10 times i used to like mcloud no raincoat wax jacket ciao jonny take these chains from my heart and set them free lol
  • edited November 2011

Tammy Wynette Jim Reeves Burl Ives the list goes on  A idy Biddy tear let me down spoilt my night on the town. Don't get Lyrics like that anymore.?  What !!     Hang on get back on track this thread is tribute to Cliff !    Skiffle Lonny Donegan. Oops 

• edited November 2011
     Woo Ho Cliff on Graham Norton tonight eat your heart out guys you should look that good at 71years of age.!

CLIFF is one of the Greats don't care what anyone says.    
  • edited November 2011

OMG  commonsense at last welcome to the musical world.
    as soon as you forgot cliff, you started talking sense.
    its good that you have a wide range in musical tastes, so theres hope for you yet.
    Forgive me if i dont join your band in raincoats, most of these people are arrested, for displaying themselves.
  • edited November 2011
    OMG  commonsense at last welcome to the musical world. as soon as you forgot cliff,you started talking sense. its good that you have a wide range in musical tastes, so theres hope for you yet. Forgive me if i dont join your band in raincoats, most of these people are arrested, for displaying themselves.
    Posted by bludreid11
    Oh no,  he is still my favorite and will never be forgotten by me, other's come and go but he remains my childhood sweet heart and pop star.  As for the raincoat brigade, have you ( never ) stood in front of the mirror and admired yourself.?  You only get Arrested if it's in Sainsbury's.  Couldn't find the song you mentioned track 3  has it got a title. !  
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Cliff : Oh no,  he is still my favorite and will never be forgotten by me, other's come and go but he remains my childhood sweet heart and pop star.  As for the raincoat brigade, have you ( never ) stood in front of the mirror and admired yourself.?  You only get Arrested if it's in Sainsbury's.  Couldn't find the song you mentioned track 3  has it got a title. !  
    Posted by logdon
    yes its on the album LONG DISTANCE
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Cliff : yes its on the album LONG DISTANCE
    Posted by bludreid11
    and i look in the mirror to make sure that im clean and tidy but ADMIRE MYSELF  ????
    planet vanity is not in my orbit
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Cliff : and i look in the mirror to make sure that im clean and tidy but ADMIRE MYSELF  ???? planet vanity is not in my orbit
    Posted by bludreid11
     OK  so your no Carlo Citrone but you need to feel good about yourself and most young men like to think their Adonis.  That said,  men when they get older let themselves go,  don't care or take the trouble to keep fit or look good.  Nothing wrong with admiring yourself in the mirror, if you think you look good then it makes you feel good and sets you up for the day ahead. I would never go out without my face on. Did it once in a hurry,  and everyone thought I was ill.  !   Men are using cosmetics more and more now, but no doubt you will say they are not men.  Nothing wrong with looking good that means doing the best you can,  with what God gave you. ?

Well can't find this track you recommend, click on the Album and it gives me varying versions of the same track. 

Post it on new thread and start poll to find out what Forum players think of it,  and if they agree with you. !      

Till then;      I am the one and only ---- nobody can take that away from me.?  

Hugs.:-))
  • edited November 2011
    what god gave me im very happy with,i dont need lotions or potions,im 6ft   12st 12.
    UGLY AS SIN, and if i were to wear a raincoat,id be arrested before i got to sainsburys,
  • edited November 2011
    what god gave me im very happy with,i dont need lotions or potions,im 6ft   12st 12. UGLY AS SIN, and if i were to wear a raincoat,id be arrested before i got to sainsburys,
    Posted by bludreid11

Your over weight to. ?      Hugsxx  :-))
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Cliff :  Your over weight to. ?      Hugsxx  :-))
    Posted by logdon
    compiments abound from you   thanks