You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

the Movie thread

2»

Comments

• edited November 2011
    I love war movies and documentories and if you havnt watched it do it. Its called restrepo, really gritty front line stuff and great direction at the heart of the front line of Afganistan, another which i is good is a norweigion film called Armadillo.

Also if you like fantasy type stuff then TROLL HUNTER very good film from norway and very unique and different.

best film ive seen all year at the cinema and really wasnt expecting it was PLANET OF THE APES very well made...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: the Movie thread:
    BEST FILM : SEVEN SAMARUI, FANTASTIC JAPENESE FILM,the fight scenes are so realistic, the mag..seven was the updated version but isnt a patch on it.
    Posted by heathy13
    +1 fantastic film very long though but worth it CLASSIC
  • edited November 2011
    Seven Samurai is simply superb, a great study into the way of life of a Samurai it was extremely absorbing (similarly with Master and Commander about life onboard a battleship during the Napoleonic Wars) and when it came to the battle scenes at the end it was terrific. Magnificent Seven was good too but nowhere near on par with this.
  • edited November 2011
    debbie does dallas ainec
  • edited November 2011
    debbie does dallas ainec
    Posted by delaney09
    'Sic-swans does Cardiff', is one of The Best films of this Genre!!

monkey123's hand shaking with camera, gave the whole hotel room scene an eerie 'Blair Witch' feeling, very disturbing, none of us will EVER re-cover!!!
  • edited November 2011

for realisic sense of life onboard a submarine ( i was for 15 years )

DAS BOOT its in b/w and seen from the german side of the war, but it shows the hardships faced by crews in these underwater coffins. the language,humour wouldnt be out of place on the gallows.
    but the storyline gallops along with some scenes where even the audience hold their breath,to see if hey live.
    the food they eat the friends their bodies pick up,the lack of respect shown to officers, are all too real.
    you dont have to be a buff to enjoy this movie, just enjoy the way the story is  told

• edited November 2011
    for realisic sense of life onboard a submarine ( i was for 15 years ) DAS BOOT its in b/w and seen from the german side of the war, but it shows the hardships faced by crews in these underwater coffins. the language,humour wouldnt be out of place on the gallows. but the storyline gallops along with some scenes where even the audience hold their breath,to see if hey live. the food they eat the friends their bodies pick up,the lack of respect shown to officers, are all too real. you dont have to be a buff to enjoy this movie, just enjoy the way the story is  told
    Posted by bludreid11
    +1 Great film!!!

bit corny, [alot lol], & many scenes & ideas borrowed, but i did find 'Kick Asss' surprisingly entertaining the other nite!!

ps. bumped into Sean Pertwee, [Dr Who's son, Dogs of War & others] last week-end in queue at the food festival at Olympia!! nice fella, & i gave him an autograph when he asked, LOLOL!!