You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Right call or calling station?

2»

Comments

• edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: Right call or calling station?:
    easiest call ever as played Preflop i like I would barrel the turn also nice hand
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    why? what hands fold that called you on the flop? the 4 changes nothing as if villain thinks he is good on the flop he still thinks hes good, in general a paired card is a horrible card to continue barrelling

• edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: Right call or calling station? : why? what hands fold that called you on the flop? the 4 changes nothing as if villain thinks he is good on the flop he still thinks hes good, in general a paired card is a horrible card to continue barrelling
    Posted by lynx3ffect
    some hands fold to agression here imo, pocket pairs and hands like AK, AJ.

Barelling with a disguised hand, if we hit, cant be a bad thing imo.

Just suits my style of play
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: Right call or calling station? : some hands fold to agression here imo, pocket pairs and hands like AK, AJ. Barelling with a disguised hand, if we hit, cant be a bad thing imo. Just suits my style of play
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    noted :) , its ok, as long as ur happy bombing the river if u miss too...
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: Right call or calling station? : I dont think its at all clear that its going to be more profitable when blinds flat us than when they fold. That depends on their calling range pre and how they play postflop. We cant just assume we take it down with a cbet nearly always. Villains postflop play is going to be a huge factor here, for example can we make him fold when he flops a pair and we flop a big draw. Also I definitely want anyone Im oop to to fold here Agree about picking up small pots, and there are other advantages to opening these type of hands. Just think its going to be villain dependent if we want folds or calls
    Posted by grantorino
    As I already said.  Pages and pages could be written around the pro's and cons of this single element of MTT strategy.

It goes without saying that we are going to considor opponents tendancies/aggression factor and dynamic.

As said, some people subscribe to this approach, others wont.  Also as said, fringe benefits when hand goes south hovever

Were not assuming we take it down with a cbet "nearly always".  But we are looking to give ourselves every advantage here, as an overall approach.  You mentioned earlier that our hand may aswell be 83 here with this philosophy.  And for the most part your right.  As long as we have a plan and no what our goals are, we dont need to be hand dependant.