You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYM BUBBLE - fold or call

Comments

• edited October 2011
    roysten591 Small blind   150.00 150.00 2992.50
    finch04 Big blind   300.00 450.00 3115.00
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • K

SHANXTA All-in   2855.00 3305.00 0.00
    rancid All-in   2587.50 5892.50 0.00
    roysten591 Fold        
    finch04 Fold        
    SHANXTA Unmatched bet   267.50 5625.00 267.50
    SHANXTA Show

rancid Show
    • A
    • K

Flop

• Q
    • J

Turn

River

SHANXTA Win Two Pairs, 10s and 2s 5625.00   5892.50

• edited October 2011
    With nothing invested and all stacks being even I may pass.

Dont really like cold calling here when all I need to make money is for someone to make a mistake.  Rather that than be forced to win this hand at showdown.
  • edited October 2011
    Definite fold. Especially against Shanxta... really you don't wanna call for your stack against a pair and there's no way Shanxta is shoving this big a stack with AQ or less, so what are you expecting him to have that you're happy to see?
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM BUBBLE - fold or call:
    Definite fold. Especially against Shanxta... really you don't wanna call for your stack against a pair and there's no way Shanxta is shoving this big a stack with AQ or less, so what are you expecting him to have that you're happy to see?
    Posted by Lambert180
    id call cos it was shanxta, i run golden against him lol :)

seriously tho, i can see what your saying, but i think that shanx shoves a lot wider than you think here.
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM BUBBLE - fold or call : id call cos it was shanxta, i run golden against him lol :) seriously tho, i can see what your saying, but i think that shanx shoves a lot wider than you think here.
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Even when he has about 3k so he's got 1/4 of the chips in play with 4 players left. I don't see him risking his tourney life with weak hands to increase his stack by a very small amount.
  • edited October 2011
    Posted by Lambert180
    lets say oppo turns over a pr QQ or lower the majoirty of the time, we should fold right ?

But he could be doing this wilth AQ/AJ/nothing - if not why not and also if we are always folding AK to an open shove are we not letting ourselves be exploited as we can only call with three hands ?
  • edited October 2011
    Against some oppo's I'd calll but SHANXTA isn't one of em, when he's got a decent stack like that I doubt he's ever open shoving with AJ or even AQ
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM BUBBLE - fold or call : Even when he has about 3k so he's got 1/4 of the chips in play with 4 players left. I don't see him risking his tourney life with weak hands to increase his stack by a very small amount.
    Posted by Lambert180
    by shoving first hes not risking anything, other than running into a hand that beats him, which with people like you folding AK, makes it unlikely....

• edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM BUBBLE - fold or call : lets say oppo turns over a pr QQ or lower the majoirty of the time, we should fold right ? But he could be doing this wilth AQ/AJ/nothing - if not why not and also if we are always folding AK to an open shove are we not letting ourselves be exploited as we can only call with three hands ?
    Posted by rancid
    Yes of course we should fold if that's the case, if you know it's a PP then they are a slight favourite and even if you do win, it's just not the right play cos you need to win more than 50% of DYMs to make a profit. If you're being exploited then so be it, you don't need to win, you just need to not bubble. You've got an average stack for this stage and don't need to take these chances. If you have a smaller stack like 1500 then you aint got much choice but to call, but with your stack you can easy fold and carry on.
  • edited October 2011
    Given the blind/stack ratio can we afford to wait ?
  • edited October 2011
    Against some oppo's I'd calll but SHANXTA isn't one of em, when he's got a decent stack like that I doubt he's ever open shoving with AJ or even AQ
    Posted by Poker_Fail
    Look at the fact that the stacks are fairly even too, its a perfect stealing opportunity with a wider shoving range than normally required in this spot.

I would be more comfortable calling a savvy player like shanxta with ak here, than a giant nit.

I dont agree that he has a decent stack... NOONE has a decent stack!!!

its about 10bbs each.

if you want to fold AK here, you need to be comfortable shoving rags in the next open spot. Some people like to wait all day for cards in dyms, there arent enough cards to go around. *

*unless u run like God
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM BUBBLE - fold or call : by shoving first hes not risking anything, other than running into a hand that beats him, which with people like you folding AK, makes it unlikely....
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    But the problem is, he is risking something (unless he has very good notes) because alot of worse players are gonna call with worse hands like KQ and then he's only 60/40 and there's no need for him to take that a big risk when he's in an ok situation to cash.
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM BUBBLE - fold or call : Look at the fact that the stacks are fairly even too, its a perfect stealing opportunity with a wider range than normally required in this spot. I would be more comfortable calling a savvy player like shanxta with ak, than a giant nit. I dont agree that he has a decent stack... NOONE has a decent stack!!! its about 10bbs each.
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    I assume he means it's a decent stack in comparison to everyone else. Like if the blinds get so big that I have 5BB I'm fine with that if everyone else has 2BBs
  • edited October 2011
    The stacks are all even, no one is chip leader - do we really fold
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM BUBBLE - fold or call : Look at the fact that the stacks are fairly even too, its a perfect stealing opportunity with a wider range than normally required in this spot. I would be more comfortable calling a savvy player like shanxta with ak here, than a giant nit. I dont agree that he has a decent stack... NOONE has a decent stack!!! its about 10bbs each. if you want to fold AK here, you need to be comfortable shoving rags in the next open spot. Some people like to wait all day for cards in dyms, there arent enough cards to go around. * *unless u run like God
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    To be honest, I only looked at Shanxta and Rancid's stacks, if they're all even then I guess you're deffo right that his range would widen.

All i'm gonna say is... ask JC lol

• edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM BUBBLE - fold or call : But the problem is, he is risking something (unless he has very good notes) because alot of worse players are gonna call with worse hands like KQ and then he's only 60/40 and there's no need for him to take that a big risk when he's in an ok situation to cash.
    Posted by Lambert180
    its more of a risk to blind out (folding premium hands like AK) than shoving with any2 reasonable cards with these stacks/blinds imo
  • edited October 2011
    whilst im obv not gonna go in2 the range of hands i do shove here, i'm obv not shoving with 'nothing' UTG on the bubble here, esp as this was a low stake dym so i'm even tighter than normal
  • edited October 2011
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/20/rancidh.jpg/
    Posted by jimifloyd
    Nice, thought so :)

BTW what program is that, and is there a free trial?
  • edited October 2011

Can't call quick enough !

Lol @ ppl thinking he does anything but shove with AQ here. 

It's Ace King mannnnnnnnn
  • edited October 2011
    Can't call quick enough ! Lol @ ppl thinking he does anything but shove with AQ here.  It's Ace King mannnnnnnnn
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    +1
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM BUBBLE - fold or call : Nice, thought so :) BTW what program is that, and is there a free trial?
    Posted by Poker_Fail
    http://www.sngwiz.com/tiki/Download
  • edited October 2011
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM BUBBLE - fold or call : wish i understood that!
    Posted by SHANXTA
    http://www.sngwiz.com/tiki/tiki-index.php

"

How Does It Work?

The SitNGo Wizard reads your tournament hand history and runs an analysis of each hand. The analysis compares the equity you would have if you fold pre-flop to the equity you would have if you push all-in pre-flop. Equity is your share of the prize pool at any point in the tournament. It is based on number of opponents, the size of each player’s stack, and the tournament prize structure.

The software computes the equity of every possible outcome of the hand. It combines the equity of each outcome with the probability of each outcome to come up with the total equity. It would take you days to do these calculations by hand, but the SitNGo Wizard computes them in a fraction of a second."
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM BUBBLE - fold or call : http://www.sngwiz.com/tiki/Download
    Posted by jimifloyd
    Thanks
  • edited October 2011
    Can't call quick enough ! Lol @ ppl thinking he does anything but shove with AQ here.  It's Ace King mannnnnnnnn
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    But Shanxta's a very good reg, he has the same stack as everyine else, so knows he is not in danger yet, Is he really doing this with much more than AK AQ AJ and pocket pairs?
  • edited October 2011

If he knows that ppl are "supposed" to fold AK here I'd suggest he'd be doing it even wider than that!!!

He's gonna get called almost never.
  • edited October 2011
    If he knows that ppl are " supposed " to fold AK here I'd suggest he'd be doing it even wider than that!!! He's gonna get called almost never.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Indeed, I ain't no DYM expert but if all stacks are 10 bb I have to call here with AK.
    I thought he could have mid pr but also a worse ace playing it to fold out mid prs,
    It is also the case that he can do this with a wider range of hands because people are only calling with AA/KK in this dynamic.

And I just can't fo;d AK with 10 bigs and equal stacks  ) Prefer to shove but hey are we going to get a better hand before we blind out.

• edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM BUBBLE - fold or call : But Shanxta's a very good reg, he has the same stack as everyine else, so knows he is not in danger yet, Is he really doing this with much more than AK AQ AJ and pocket pairs?
    Posted by Poker_Fail
    at this was a micro dym AJ and small pairs r deff just open folded
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM BUBBLE - fold or call : at this was a micro dym AJ and small pairs r deff just open folded
    Posted by SHANXTA
    I knd of thought so, but didn't want to be told I was putting your range too tight and "exxagerating"

So agasinst YOU and lots of other regs would you agree this is a fold?

great stats BTW.