You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

who do you support?

edited October 2009 in The Shed
Hi guys,

was just wondering what team everyone supports ...

Me, i am A MAN UTD fan and have been since 1976 :)

Comments

• edited October 2009
    I support the mighty whites, Leeds United, so I shouldn't really be talking to you...lol.

I've supported them since I was around four or five years old.  I'd like to say that was in 1976, but sadly it was ten years earlier.  ;o)
  • edited October 2009
    I support Altrincham FC, the only team to support in Manchester!! Have supported them since I was 7 (33 yrs)

Dave
  • edited October 2009
    My Husband and I support Aberdeen but are also Man U fans since the 70s when most of the Scotland Squad played for them
  • edited October 2009
    Lol great replies so far, including the leeds fan who i am not talking too!! :)) nice to meet you mate even if you do support leeds :)
  • edited October 2009
    Very nice to meet you, too, Margate.  I've enjoyed reading your posts.

As far as Leeds is concerned, we're not exactly flying high, to say the least, but looks like we might be on our way to the Championship this season at last.  ;o)

Graham
  • edited October 2009
    I support the only team from north london.......come on you spurs......champion league spot this year.hopefully
  • edited October 2009
    WATFORD.

I'm being punished for a terrible sin from a past life. ;-))

Born in Watford general hospital right next to the ground so who else could i support.
  • edited October 2009
    West Ham of course.  Waiting for a strong second half of the season.  It's coming.
  • edited October 2009
  • edited October 2009
     I support a team flying high in the premier league.  The mighty hatters  LUTON TOWN.  (ok it is the blue square premier league)
  • edited October 2009

I support the mighty Spurs, we missed a great chance to consolidate an early spot in the top 4 with that loss to Stoke over the weekend, bit gutted about that... but we'll do the Gooners no probs! COYS!
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: who do you support?:
    Very nice to meet you, too, Margate.  I've enjoyed reading your posts. As far as Leeds is concerned, we're not exactly flying high, to say the least, but looks like we might be on our way to the Championship this season at last.  ;o) Graham
    Posted by Taller_Guy

Well from a personal point of veiw not shared by many other man utd supporters lol, i can't wait till you get in the premier league again!!! i do miss the intense battles between our two clubs!! i rated that game better than v liverpool :)

thank you for the compliment by the way :) i am very honoured especially from a leeds fan booooooo lol :) seriously though come on leeds sort it out and let's get the old battles on again!!!
  • edited October 2009
    Check my avatar :-)
  • edited October 2009
    Sheffield Wednesday!!! Come on the Owls!
  • edited October 2009
    I was brought up a United fan both my mum and dad have supported them for 40 years, so I did get much choice when i was younger.

Also support my local team the Mighty Poppies
  • edited October 2009
    Newcastle United!
  • edited October 2009
    Liverpool. 

I was taken by my folks to go and watch Crystal Palace get thumped by them 9-0 as a kid. They wanted me to be an Eagles fan after that? Not on your nelly.

• edited October 2009
    hey margate, i am a.............BARNSLEY fan!! looking forward to the big game tonight and hopefully we can make it through to the next round, i know this sint the fa cup but we do have a pedigree of beating the top teams when we play them, just look at chelsea and liverpool 2 seasons ago!! hoping for a good game and hopefully the super reds can knock out slurp alex and his men!!!

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: who do you support? : Well from a personal point of veiw not shared by many other man utd supporters lol, i can't wait till you get in the premier league again!!! i do miss the intense battles between our two clubs!! i rated that game better than v liverpool :) thank you for the compliment by the way :) i am very honoured especially from a leeds fan booooooo lol :) seriously though come on leeds sort it out and let's get the old battles on again!!!
    Posted by margatemaf
    I couldn't agree more.  I remember the 1992 season, as I'm sure you do, the last season we won anything and the final season of the old First Division.  Leeds and Man U were locked together clear at the top from about October onwards. We played each other three times in two weeks, in the league, the League Cup and the FA Cup (TV pundits called it 'The Trilogy') and we didn't one of them!!  We had our revenge at the end of the season though...lol.  Liverpool beat you 2-0 if I remember correctly and that put us 4 points clear with one game to go.  Ah, happy days!

Yes, I can't wait for us to pull our fingers out and get back up there.  Need to change the team drastically, of course, but we might have the money to do it, if Mr Bates invests wisely.
  • edited October 2009
    maybe dennis wise would be a wise move ;-)
  • edited October 2009
    40 years a Leeds fan, so i too should not be talking to you lol. We'll be back. MOT
  • edited October 2009

Derby County - STH for 20+yrs now

• edited October 2009
    In Response to who do you support?:
    Hi guys, was just wondering what team everyone supports ...
    Posted by margatemaf
    It's been Brawn this year but in past years it's been McLaren and (cough) even further back...Williams and even Ferrari.

Oh, you were on about fagball?! lol ... No one!

• edited October 2009
    POMPEY SINCE 1978 WHEN THERE WAS A AND WE WERE IN DIVISION 4!
  • edited October 2009
    Newcastle United!
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    come on the loonytoons, good result saturday, hope you didnt leave the ground early lol
  • edited October 2009
    I support the best team in.....erm....Derby
  • edited October 2009
    West Ham.

I blame my brother as it was him who took me to my first game against Liverpool at Upton Park. Finished 0-0 but I do remember super Frank McAvennie having a goal disallowed that day.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: who do you support? : I couldn't agree more.  I remember the 1992 season, as I'm sure you do, the last season we won anything and the final season of the old First Division.  Leeds and Man U were locked together clear at the top from about October onwards. We played each other three times in two weeks, in the league, the League Cup and the FA Cup (TV pundits called it 'The Trilogy') and we didn't one of them!!  We had our revenge at the end of the season though...lol.  Liverpool beat you 2-0 if I remember correctly and that put us 4 points clear with one game to go.  Ah, happy days! Yes, I can't wait for us to pull our fingers out and get back up there.  Need to change the team drastically, of course, but we might have the money to do it, if Mr Bates invests wisely.
    Posted by Taller_Guy

Ahhh i remember that season vivdly lol but remember the last 16 with more affection lol :) was a top season an the best team that year in my opinion leeds were just a superb team!! no quibbles that year :)

• edited October 2009
    hey margate, i am a.............BARNSLEY fan!! looking forward to the big game tonight and hopefully we can make it through to the next round, i know this sint the fa cup but we do have a pedigree of beating the top teams when we play them, just look at chelsea and liverpool 2 seasons ago!! hoping for a good game and hopefully the super reds can knock out slurp alex and his men!!! COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by webby234

After barnsley's exploits last year! i was a bit worried to be fair to your lot :) ... but now it's all over i am just chuffed we managed to avoid getting knocked out by your mob :) good game though :)

• edited October 2009
    I have been a Spurs supporter since 1960.
    I first went to see them when I was a young boy of 5 and been faithful since.
    Should go well this year.
    Will beat Arsenal on Saturday 2 - 1.