You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

who do you support?

2»

Comments

• edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: who do you support?:
    West Ham. I blame my brother as it was him who took me to my first game against Liverpool at Upton Park. Finished 0-0 but I do remember super Frank McAvennie having a goal disallowed that day.
    Posted by silentbob
    I used to have a signed photo of Frank McAvennie was I was a young 'un, he was my favourite player!  Until I saw Julian D1cks playing in a friendly - away at torquay, and him almost killing a linesman over a wrong flag about 6 feet from where I stood (not much of a stadium in torquay), and I realised he was the greatest man on Earth.  Never seen passion like that before or since.
  • edited October 2009
    i'm a dundee fan living in glasgow, and suffering as we've just been knocked out of the league cup by rangers tonight. 
  • edited October 2009
    i am so dissapointed as a barnsley fan, i thought we were pretty awful tonight, good luck though mate you deserve it, you were the better team and you deserved the victory
  • edited October 2009
    WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS(WE HATE ALBION)
  • edited October 2009
    i am so dissapointed as a barnsley fan, i thought we were pretty awful tonight, good luck though mate you deserve it, you were the better team and you deserved the victory
    Posted by webby234

Cup games are always a lottery mate so no worries, still you have last years memories to keep you happy!! i personally didn't think your mob played that badly, it was just we were on the money last night for a change in a cup game instead of just getting through with luck :) fair play to barnsley :)

• edited October 2009
    As much as I hate Arsenal, being a spurs fan, I cant wait to watch the young guns  tonight, they play very pretty football and it should be a good game.
  • edited October 2009
    Life long Spurs fan
  • edited October 2009
    Life long Spurs fan
    Posted by BANDICOOT

yidooooooooooo!!!!

good result last night....we are definetly getting there
  • edited October 2009
    Posted by webby234
    You must get tired of saying that, Webby...lol.

As far as Dennis Wise goes, I was disappointed when he and Gus Poyet left.  They'd done a very reasonable job up to that point.  Still, I think Larry's son, Simon Grayson, will do the necessary this season.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: who do you support? : Ahhh i remember that season vivdly lol but remember the last 16 with more affection lol :) was a top season an the best team that year in my opinion leeds were just a superb team!! no quibbles that year :)
    Posted by margatemaf
    All right, no need to rub it in!...lol.  Kind of you to acknowledge we were the best team.  I know a lot of so-called experts were saying that Man U threw it away, rather than saying that Leeds won it, but we did play well that season - unstoppable in most games.
  • edited October 2009
    my bloody son
    Posted by WOODYNTFC
    Had to laugh at that answer, nice one!
  • edited October 2009
    I support the mighty Leicester City and went to my first match in 78...no-one can accuse me of being a glory hunter and it's certainly never boring with City. As for being a Man Utd fan margatemaf, if you've been once since 76, i wont label you as one of the many glory hunting 'fans'that most Man Utd supporters are!
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: who do you support? : I used to have a signed photo of Frank McAvennie was I was a young 'un, he was my favourite player!  Until I saw Julian D1cks playing in a friendly - away at torquay, and him almost killing a linesman over a wrong flag about 6 feet from where I stood (not much of a stadium in torquay), and I realised he was the greatest man on Earth.  Never seen passion like that before or since.
    Posted by repton3
    Julian Di cks = LEGEND. If only we had him now. He sort 'em all out in the dressing room. I remember standing in the old North Bank and was stood right at the front when we were playing Wimbledon & we got a penalty. I (along with several other people around me) actually ducked when he struck it. I thought the net was gonna burst.

Definitely my all time favourite player
  • FBSFBS
    edited October 2009
    Mighty Whites for me... has been as long as I can remember and thats a long time.. mid 60s saw my very first game at Elland Road :) 

Lived in Scotland for a while in my early teens and since then keep an eye on Stirling Albion

And thanks to the joys of La Liga on SKY TV ( plug ) I can quench my thirst for footie succes by supporting BARCA .....

HOWEVER it has to be said that the

MIGHTY WHITES

will always be my first and true love

MOT