You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

problems with constant disconnection

Please read through the top few posts in the technical help section of this forum.

Comments

• edited November 2011
    For the last week i am constantly disconnected during games really frustrating antone else  having problems. Its not my wireless as have been on others sites at the same time with no problems.
  • edited November 2011
    there is a new problem with sky poker. not the bad players, not the donks.  it is sky poker getting discon from players..of which.  sky ar saying it is us who have the problems..

sorry to say.. eveyone getting disconnected at random times is not everyone elses fault.

SKY NEED TO LOOK AT THEIR OWN SIDE AND THEIR SERVERS
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to problems with constant disconnection:
    For the last week i am constantly disconnected during games really frustrating antone else  having problems. Its not my wireless as have been on others sites at the same time with no problems.
    Posted by dameflop
    can I ask what internet provider you're with, and also have you tried a wired connection instead of the wireless, also is it on the download or browser version

• edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: problems with constant disconnection:
    there is a new problem with sky poker. not the bad players, not the donks.  it is sky poker getting discon from players..of which.  sky ar saying it is us who have the problems.. sorry to say.. eveyone getting disconnected at random times is not everyone elses fault. SKY NEED TO LOOK AT THEIR OWN SIDE AND THEIR SERVERS
    Posted by bigal36903
    Al are you getting disconnected using a browser or on the download version?

• edited November 2011
    i got discon during the tourny whilst in the cash. i ues the download version. my laptop he brandnew and has no rubbish on it. it is only for poker...  it is not my server even thought a month ago they did have a server down..

the problems lie with the sky servers...  too many, i mean too many are getting discon

my laptop does not go on any dodgy sites . i goes on 3 sites that i know. i have a wifi boster in my house. the ppl 200 yards away could use it if they knew my password.. 

they need to look at their own servers
  • edited November 2011
    i got discon during the tourny whilst in the cash. i ues the download version. my laptop he brandnew and has no rubbish on it. it is only for poker...  it is not my server even thought a month ago they did have a server down.. the problems lie with the sky servers...  too many, i mean too many are getting discon my laptop does not go on any dodgy sites . i goes on 3 sites that i know. i have a wifi boster in my house. the ppl 200 yards away could use it if they knew my password..  they need to look at their own servers
    Posted by bigal36903

Al i'm not suggesting there's anything wrong with you're set up, however, the fact that it is on the download could suggest a problem with the adobe air platform it uses try uninstalling the Sky poker software AND Adobe air using the add remove programs from the control panel...... then once you have done that reinstall from the homepage on sky poker, this installs the latest versions of both, while at the same time removing any left overs from the registry on your laptop, then once reinstalled, if you're using antivirus software, set an exception for Sky Poker in it
    hope this helps

• edited November 2011
    i have done all that . i personally think that there is a problem with the abode. the air one is very fragile as a program and can interfer with other programs easily..  or be interferred with...

i think the whole sky package needs sorting. it uses too much ram..   the abode it uses can be affected easily.

my anti virus software is set for only certain sites just incase my little girls touch my computer when i am not at it..

there have been more problems on the site since the latest update they did to fix the old problems..

the old saying goes.  dont mess with something if it does nt need fixing..  

now since the last 2 updates they did, they have created more problems..
  • edited November 2011
    as for downloaded software.. i use this lappy for sky only. no other sites are on this..

i use other pc for other sites and so on..
  • edited November 2011
    i have done all that . i personally think that there is a problem with the abode. the air one is very fragile as a program and can interfer with other programs easily..  or be interferred with... i think the whole sky package needs sorting. it uses too much ram..   the abode it uses can be affected easily. my anti virus software is set for only certain sites just incase my little girls touch my computer when i am not at it.. there have been more problems on the site since the latest update they did to fix the old problems.. the old saying goes.  dont mess with something if it does nt need fixing..   now since the last 2 updates they did, they have created more problems..
    Posted by bigal36903
    this in essence is the issue, IMO, therefore it's not technically a Sky Poker server issue, all I can say is that everytime there is an update to the adobe software I by a matter of habit always uninstall both and also do a reg edit to remove any left overs, and this is only personal experience if i do have an issue this sorts it. it would also explain why other sites aren't affected as they aren't running adobe air at the same time

• edited November 2011
    Wireless is the devil. I give up trying to diagnose any networking issue if people are using that. Can you not use wires?

• edited November 2011
    lol. get modern ppl. pls.. wireless is no different than hard wire apart from if someone is using a microwave...

there is no point in a laptop if u r going to use wired
  • edited November 2011
    lol. get modern ppl. pls.. wireless is no different than hard wire apart from if someone is using a microwave... there is no point in a laptop if u r going to use wired
    Posted by bigal36903

You're wrong. Especially if you're using wireless for data intensive things such as playing online games.
    Laptops are also prone to lots of problems, especially over heating.

• edited November 2011
    Do what you like Big Al, it's you who keeps disconnecting not me ;-)

• edited November 2011
    Why would on earth gods gift to this planet would you make an exception on your anti-virus for a software poker program to run on??

secondly If the technology behind dissconnections include sky purposely dissconnecting and using iesnare to snoop on players computer for make any sense.
    wouldnt bother entertaining getting into an argument here but obv the tech people know how to distribute cards and thier placement upon delivery onto said players tables..

Fairest way to operate would be if the poker servers were not snooped on by the companys and in fact left random and not interfered with.As it is they have control ,its thier company and its thier game ! get used to it or quit altogether.

Play well ..
  • edited November 2011
    Do what you like Big Al, it's you who keeps disconnecting not me ;-)
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    i have been disconnected only twice. once on a dym and another time in the tourny i was recently in.. but i have seen an ever increasing ammount of people getting discon...

not i am sure you are not telling me that all these people are having trouble with their end of the line..  all of them...

a few yes. not everyone knows how to use a computer correctly.  

their servers going down...  unlikely for so many servers to go down at the end...

so that only leave 1 thing...  if it is not at their end then which end of the line can it be.. ?????

when i say ppl discon. i see in 5 out of 6 dyms i play. atleast 1 person will get discon.. (maybe there not paying their electric bill)
  • edited November 2011
    I would imagine sky have a good community that works very hard to ensure everthing is run as smoothly as possible.Of course in any buisness theres going to be complications some of the time.

Players win and players lose simple as ,when 1 player is winning there is always 1 player that is losing .
    I have many times been bad beat on tables but that also happens in live play too.

Sky need to profile every player and make sure that the new players are made welcome and feel good on the site.
    there ar e obviously the regular players but sky has now grown and is growing at a fast rate that its a really good site to play on .Plus you have the learning aspect shown live on television by the one and only Tikay kendall and Richard orford who both in turn do an excellant job at presenting and delivering a good quality service end of.!

Give your time to sky and play your games ,you will feel rewarded in the end believe me.I went to an spt and was thrilled at how they run the events and was very good ,I would definately recommend to new players to sign up.

kaz xx
  • edited November 2011
    [QUOTE]Why would on earth gods gift to this planet would you make an exception on your anti-virus for a software poker program to run on?? secondly If the technology behind dissconnections include sky purposely dissconnecting and using iesnare to snoop on players computer for make any sense. wouldnt bother entertaining getting into an argument here but obv the tech people know how to distribute cards and thier placement upon delivery onto said players tables.. Fairest way to operate would be if the poker servers were not snooped on by the companys and in fact left random and not interfered with.As it is they have control ,its thier company and its thier game ! get used to it or quit altogether. Play well ..
    Posted by xxkazxx
    because 1) if the software first needs to be scanned by the antivirus program it will invariably slow it down.
                 2) every time the antivirus software auto updates it will obviously slow things down a little bit.

as for all your other points I think you have totally different issues here and I don't think this thread was set up for that
  • edited November 2011
    xxkazxx is ajw1976.
  • edited September 2012
    xxkazxx is ajw1976.
    Posted by AcidMan27
    You have issues Acidman??....let them be known to the "community"......ever wondered why he beat up on every tourney on thi site?.

You know hes my fiance and yes hes banned from skypoker ,they have decided it was in thier companys best interests. however what they dont realise is that he final tables main event ukops/final tabled many primo events/and again final tables the highroller final table and among many many more tourneys he has cashed more than you and all others acidman.

In laymans terms he beat half this site standing on its head upside down all ways up.!! And you and other regs tend to get jealous one mans talent .Heck he even won an SPT live sky poker tour seat from the online game.

Need I have to tell you that youre wrong to get the negative impression of what seems he is a quality player and online grinder of which he has become known......AJW1976

If you have greivance of his account or my account please contact customer care and they will be sure to point you in the right direction and be best advised.

Just because you couldnt cut the mustard in an online tournament event like AJW could dont slate him for his absolute honest approach in sourcing out technical issues or quarms. period!