You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SPT Structure and Payouts

2»

Comments

• edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: SPT Structure and Payouts:
    I think it's the same or similar, to last year. I confess I may be the culprit if it's wrong. I designed the Structure for the SPUKT last year, it worked well, so we decided to use it again this year. So SPT Rich asked me to find it - but I was unable to. Last year, I Blogged it, e-Mailed it, sent it to all the Cardrooms,  but now I can't trace it anywhere. SPT Rich kept chasing me for it - quite correctly - but I eventullly fessed up & told him I could not find it. So he designed it, sent it to me, I said it looked about right, & he went with it. So, blame me if it's wrong. We would review it after Leg One if it was too fast, or slow, of course, but the Sky Poker Players seem quite comfy most structures.
    Posted by Tikay10
    its a bit slow for me tk could we not have it as a velocity structure? lol
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: SPT Structure and Payouts : its a bit slow for me tk could we not have it as a velocity structure? lol
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    Dont you want to make it russian roulette HU? Id be up for one of those after the tournie... But id still think that youd out play me lol...

On a serious note, i think the structure is just fine as it is... Like tikay explained it suits the criteria perfectly...

• edited November 2009
    As long as there's plenty of play in it, I would hate it to be 'all in or fold' after several levels.

Can anyone compare it to the tournaments on here, ie wil it be similar to Scary, Speed or Guaranteed tournaments ? 
  • edited November 2009
    As long as there's plenty of play in it, I would hate it to be 'all in or fold' after several levels. Can anyone compare it to the tournaments on here, ie wil it be similar to Scary, Speed or Guaranteed tournaments ? 
    Posted by ZZCop
     Its probably most similar to a reg GTD trny, I wouldn't describe it as a deepstack as 30 mins and 5k chips is sort of a standard structure, the main event would deffo be described as a deepstack with 45 min blinds and 10k chips.

Same as most GTD trnys, get off to a good start and you can relax, but if you drop some chips at the start can be a hard battle getting back into it
  • edited November 2009
    As a matter of interest, how many qualify from this event into the final?
  • edited November 2009
    As a matter of interest, how many qualify from this event into the final?
    Posted by Eyeman

See you there Graham!
  • edited November 2009
    You too, Greg.