You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

7 tables ok, 8 tables computer spazes and becomes unplayable

2»

Comments

• edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: 7 tables ok, 8 tables computer spazes and becomes unplayable:
    This debate has gone on before. Fact is Sky takes more computer resources than most sites. Doesnt mean there is anything wrong with sky software its just way it is. There are plenty of people out there who 8 + table. My computer is 3 years old and can run 18 tables (never tried more) on browser no probs and download runs even better than browser. So as I have said loads of time to people you got two options 1) improve your pc and/or internet connection or 2) do nothing and wait for sky to totally redesign their software. Some people will not like what I have said above but that is the truth. I was once in the same position 3 years ago as you lot I decided to take option 1 and bought a new setup.
    Posted by ajs4385
    My bb has been checked and re-checked and fine.Why would i want to spend a load of money upgrading when people with lower spec pc's than mine can play more tables??
  • edited November 2011
    Theres is something at your end stopping it, just got to figure it out. If it was sky software then no would be able to. Most obv thing is prcessor or memory. But it could be software, hardware faults, bb, firewall issues, cooling issues, 32bit memory limitations  I could go on. 

If it was sky software then no one would be able to 8 + table.
  • edited November 2011
    sooner they get dissconection protection on to this site the better gives u a 2 minute timebank to reconnect thay have it on stars should have it on sky poker for instance u could be in a cash table and have best hand but your connection goes and the villain see this because u are away and he puts a bet in with nothing to take down a big pot and u had the nuts with dissconection protection gives u 2 mins 2 recconect to make your decission it has gotta be done make the site a whole lot better 
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: 7 tables ok, 8 tables computer spazes and becomes unplayable:
    In Response to Re: 7 tables ok, 8 tables computer spazes and becomes unplayable : if it were in fact the case that it was a problem at Sky's end don't you think they would have done something about it by now
    Posted by scouse_red
    Are you serious?Ask the regs on this site how many years it took to get the download version out which was supposed to sort these issues out.

I will not buy a third computer when i have 2 already with the same problem that could 16+ table before.

1. amd quad core,win 7,4 gig ram.

2. i5 intel,win 7 ,4 gig of ram.

Also the only city to have its own phoneline-internet monopoly so while your phonelines cater for the country.
    Mine cater just for Hull and surrounding areas.
    In a 2011 survey they came top for speeds and reliability.

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=show_static&page=poker_community_forums&plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a57795ac2-1793-4377-b4cf-e124b0f555f4Forum%3a0b0e8696-8d64-4a56-8a74-73ba61953ec6Discussion%3a93a5b942-9bf8-43b6-979a-e5721e96f372

• edited November 2011

This part of the forum has been renamed today to take the onus of the TECH support team and land it all back into the path of the unpaid community members.

Still.....we can always ask customer care!

Good luck to anyone with a technical issue now.
  • edited November 2011
    This part of the forum has been renamed today to take the onus of the TECH support team and land it all back into the path of the unpaid community members. Still.....we can always ask customer care! Good luck to anyone with a technical issue now.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    LOL...Script's to cover this.
    On more serious note don't like the new name wide brush covers a lot mod's could have a field day any question could end up here!!