You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NL8, QQ and two all ins

edited November 2011 in The Poker Clinic

Readless on oppos. Is my 4 bet big enough and is it profitable to call here?

JackoG9 Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £7.27
Ch3ndy Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £9.33
 Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q

blindbob Raise  £0.16 £0.28 £6.24
1875blue Raise  £0.40 £0.68 £6.48
JackoG9 Raise  £1.28 £1.96 £5.99
Ch3ndy Fold     
blindbob All-in  £6.24 £8.20 £0.00
1875blue All-in  £6.48 £14.68 £0.00
JackoG9 ??

Comments

• edited November 2011
    hmmmmmmm against 2 all ins i cant see how your ahead hear unless they both have ak and thats very unlikely i would sigh fold here and keep an eye what they going all in on and take notes for future reference
  • edited November 2011
    Depends on standard at table, Tis sat night :p

• edited November 2011
    At this level vs unknowns i sigh call and make notes whatever the outcome
  • edited November 2011
    At NL8 i'm deffo calling
  • edited November 2011
    blindbob must have AA/KK - still calling though )
  • edited November 2011
    Think I'm booting the cat and folding.
    Like Idonkcallu said you may be up against AK AK but it is more likely your up again at least one overpair. Also as said take notes on both hands for the future. Like the 4-bet you made pre flop.
    Out of interest what did they both have and did you lay down?
  • edited November 2011

Thanks for the comments.
    As Amybr said, the fact that it was Saturday night - and there was loads of loose play - almost made me call, but I felt both all ins after a 4 bet meant one of them had to be AA / KK, so decided to fold. Fact I was readless influenced the decision.
    Didn't kick the cat RandomRiv but gave the mouse a slam.

JackoG9 Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £7.27
    Ch3ndy Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £9.33
     Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q

blindbob Raise  £0.16 £0.28 £6.24
    1875blue Raise  £0.40 £0.68 £6.48
    JackoG9 Raise  £1.28 £1.96 £5.99
    Ch3ndy Fold     
    blindbob All-in  £6.24 £8.20 £0.00
    1875blue All-in  £6.48 £14.68 £0.00
    JackoG9 Fold     
    1875blue Unmatched bet  £0.48 £14.20 £0.48
    blindbob Show
    • K
    • A

1875blue Show
    • K
    • K

Flop

• J

Turn

River

• A

blindbob Win Pair of Aces £13.13  £13.13
  • edited November 2011

I think good fold reguardless of what they had.
    But the fact that 1 did have an over pair and you correctly layed it down makes it feel an even better fold. Great feeling when you do that.
    If this was 2 way though im calling

• edited November 2011
    not ever folding when you cold 4bet them first, especially not even fullstacked. What did you hope would happen?
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: NL8, QQ and two all ins:
    I think good fold reguardless of what they had. But the fact that 1 did have an over pair and you correctly layed it down makes it feel an even better fold. Great feeling when you do that. If this was 2 way though im calling
    Posted by RandomRiv
    Totally agree. I think if I'd seen any really loose play from either I might've made the call but as it was knew I had to lay it down. Wasn't easy but seeing result made me feel better!
  • edited November 2011
    not ever folding when you cold 4bet them first, especially not even fullstacked. What did you hope would happen?
    Posted by grantorino
    Mandatory 4 bet here with QQ to get one to fold but after 5 and 6 bets all in - 80bb deep - surely you have to re-assess. Can't put either on AA / KK after initial raise and 3 bet but you can after 5/6 bets. Plus I've only committed 1/6 of my stack.
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: NL8, QQ and two all ins : Mandatory 4 bet here with QQ to get one to fold but after 5 and 6 bets all in - 80bb deep - surely you have to re-assess. Can't put either on AA / KK after initial raise and 3 bet but you can after 5/6 bets. Plus I've only committed 1/6 of my stack.
    Posted by JackoG9
    What hands do you want to fold?

Since you dont get flatted often here and you want action all you really dont like is the call of the 5bet. Does the range the 3bettor shoves over your cold 4bet when utg folds really change that much from that which calls when utg shoves? Or are you intending folding if utg shoves and bettor calls?
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: NL8, QQ and two all ins : What hands do you want to fold? Since you dont get flatted often here and you want action all you really dont like is the call of the 5bet. Does the range the 3bettor shoves over your cold 4bet when utg folds really change that much from that which calls when utg shoves? Or are you intending folding if utg shoves and bettor calls?
    Posted by grantorino
    I don't want to go up against a raiser AND a 3 bettor with QQ, I definitely can't fold, but I can reassess after this action.
    By your logic, you're happy when you raise UTG with AA and all five oppos call as they all have weaker holdings. If you can't make a reasoned decision that an oppo has AA / KK here, then when can you? There's not even a justification of calling on the grounds that I'm pot committed.
  • edited November 2011
    Im not folding here readless @ nl8 

good fold but i honestly think longterm -ev unless u have solid reads cant really cold 4bet fold
  • edited November 2011
    Im not folding here readless @ nl8  good fold but i honestly think longterm -ev unless u have solid reads cant really cold 4bet fold
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    I really don't get why you can't cold 4 bet fold? In what instance can you put someone on AA or KK?
    I get it that bad / loose play is more prevalent at NL8, but if someone has these hands, then the betting is still going to go like this, even at these levels. Possibly more often as fewer players are capable of calling to disguise strength of their hand.
  • edited November 2011
    good fold i said i would of folded just cant see how your ahead hear unless they both have ak obvious some 1 had a overpair to your qq good discipline fold 
  • edited November 2011
    Im not folding here readless @ nl8  good fold but i honestly think longterm -ev unless u have solid reads cant really cold 4bet fold
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    +1 , exactly what i stated in my 1st post , it surely HAS to be -ev longterm vs randoms.
  • edited November 2011
    If you 4 bet folding then your bluffing ) You can never be bluffing with QQ plus your not deep enough to fold
    May aswell flat and take a flop if your 4 bet folding to a 5 bet shove

Anyway good fold ) So easily could have been JJ & AK

IMO i don't think it's +ev long term to be making these folds

• edited November 2011
    Yep once you 4bet you HAVE to snap the all ins, tbh I've seen people go pretty mental down here with a lot worse than AA/KK so I can't imagine it being the right call all the time.
  • edited November 2011
     I can't see how folding here is -ev. It's not heads up. 1 player has 5bet which if he has the guts and thinks your at it fair enough but you can't bluff with a call. There is another player calling a 5bet!!!! how is calling with QQ here +ev.
    I haven't seen this play at these stakes that often where one DOESN'T at least have an overpair.
    If the cards are turned face up are you all still calling? Cos here the cards are turned face up as much as they ever will be
  • edited November 2011
    +1 to the above.

So those who're saying you NEVER 4 bet fold here, hypothetically, what wd you do if UTG raises, UTG+1 3 bets, I 4 bet with QQ and everyone else behind goes all in. Do I call there? Obviously not.
    It's not like I've committed half my stack or even close. Saying you must call here is way too rigid IMHO ...
  • edited November 2011
    with stacksizes i would defo 4 bet call them both, unless i have some reads telling me otherwise. ppl will get in lighter then QQ here very likely they have AKhere too. with ur stack auto stack of here if u and 1 of others are deeper then can fold

Its only a must call as u have no history if u think the 2nd person who calls the 5 bet is solid then easy fold 

• edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: NL8, QQ and two all ins : I don't want to go up against a raiser AND a 3 bettor with QQ, I definitely can't fold, but I can reassess after this action. By your logic, you're happy when you raise UTG with AA and all five oppos call as they all have weaker holdings. If you can't make a reasoned decision that an oppo has AA / KK here, then when can you? There's not even a justification of calling on the grounds that I'm pot committed.
    Posted by JackoG9
    My logic has nothing to do with being called by everyone when I open AA as 1) you are unlikely to be flatted 2) if I could get called by everyone with AA and have an SPR like you would if your 4bet is called in 2 places I would be really happy. Im not going to get into how many callers with AA again, but hypothetically if you played really well postflop you prob want lots of them. As for your everyone behind goes all in, its  different because you havent specifically raised against their raising  ranges.

If you should be folding here you need to give serious consideration as to whether your 4bet was the right move, because raise/folding the 3rd nuts when being flatted is unlikely is tough to justify. No way you should be4betting here imo unless you are prepared to get it in against the guy who 3bet, it just makes no sense. It sounds like you were willing to get it in v utg if 3bettor folded, so does utg shoving change utg+1 shoving range that much at 8NL? Questionable I would say

You say you definitely cant fold to the 3bet, tbh it doesnt seem out of the question to me, but yeah dont think I fold too often. You say you cant flat, why on earth not (certainly sounds better than a mandatory 4bet to make a worse hand fold to me)? Why is 4b/f a better line than flatcalling? 

Also if you give both villains a range of AK,KK+ its a call. If you can be sure one has KK+ its a fold, but that has to put a question mark over whether  the 4bet was a good idea
  • edited November 2011
    dont matter what you got cards are rigged for big pots and maybe one will be a sky bot / sky player
  • edited November 2011

I think given bet sizing that 4 betting was necessary here, note the 3bet was only 5 big blinds, given that his 4 bet was to a normal 3 bet size then I think we can still fold if we are 5 bet because we are almost exclusively vs AA/KK then.

Note that I am of the belief that players will flat 4 bets worse then QQ at NL8.

• edited November 2011
    what r u all on you can jam 100 pound all in and with aa and still get called by a bot with 27 off  ive seen it happen

• edited November 2011
    Yep once you 4bet you HAVE to snap the all ins, tbh I've seen people go pretty mental down here with a lot worse than AA/KK so I can't imagine it being the right call all the time.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    I agree after a 4 bet its a snap call but!!! thats heads up we have 2 all in's here and if one of them has AK which we have to think is at least 1 hand so against 1 random hand and AK with QQ we are about a 45% dog the fold is correct! 
  • edited November 2011
    at this level  QQ from what ive seen on these tables im snap calling all day long...

Posted by Dudeskin8
  • edited November 2011
    imo easy fold ythe only way your ahead here is if they both have ak and even then your not that much favourite u want to be against 1 person with qq not 2 players less chance of winning i cant see how your ahead here easy fold 
  • edited November 2011

At these stakes would you call here?
    If yes
    Do you play these stakes or are you remembering this stake from the past when you played them?

I think your under estimating the level of play at the beginners tables. 2 years ago you could call this with 88 and it will be profitable. Not today!