You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NL8, QQ and two all ins

2»

Comments

• edited November 2011
    I play above this level BUT also at this level , look its stack sizes as much as anything else + we've already 4bet with our QQ , and yes the play is a bit better but i still see plenty of times in spots like this where oppos still show AK , AQ , JJ 10 10 and sometimes even less.

I agree that he made the correct fold as we got to see the oppo's hands BUT longterm , at this level with the stacks as they were you cannot keep on 4bet folding with QQ.
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: NL8, QQ and two all ins:
    at this level with the stacks as they were you cannot keep on 4bet folding with QQ.
    Posted by debdobs_67

+1

4 bet folding is just yuk, unless a lot deeper

If your 4 betting with the option to fold to a 5 bet than you need to be 250 bigs +, maybe even deeper
    Obviously your 4 betting to get value from worse that will flat your 4 bet ) 
    In theory only better will 5 bet shove, but this depends on level and oppo
    There's not many players that will 5 bet bluff ) But at NL8 there are players that will either flat or shove with worse 

You need good reads here )

• edited November 2011
    This play is excellent, i love the cold 4 bet, its a good amount and its cost u £1.28 to get the information u needed to fold.

if one does call it can cause problems as u wont know where u are on the flop.

good read and a good fold imo.
  • edited November 2011
    you've 4b bluffed with the 3rd nuts. If you are going to 4b QQ you have to get it in. If you are 4b to fold, you may as well be doing it with T3o.

If you are folding to their jams you may as well flat pre and check fold any flop that doesn't have a Queen....

Fwiw at this level I'd 4b call off - but don't mind flatting pre and getting it in on that flop either.
  • edited November 2011
    This play is excellent, i love the cold 4 bet, its a good amount and its cost u £1.28 to get the information u needed to fold. if one does call it can cause problems as u wont know where u are on the flop. good read and a good fold imo.
    Posted by Bobsicool3

If your betting for information, then the info you get back is never good.

Either worse has folded or better will call or raise

Furthermore, it opens you up to be bluffed.

plus you could just flat and set mine if your 4 bet folding as said above

• edited November 2011
    This play is excellent, i love the cold 4 bet, its a good amount and its cost u £1.28 to get the information u needed to fold. if one does call it can cause problems as u wont know where u are on the flop. good read and a good fold imo.
    Posted by Bobsicool3
    Bob its NOT excellent at this level with these stacks , its actually awful and HAS to be -ev longterm