You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

30nl AA & nfd facing raise on flop.

edited November 2011 in The Poker Clinic
The opponent is a new tight reg, no history between us, seems like a rock solid tag.

Call, fold or shove?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
haidyboy Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £29.25
Patito Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £93.19
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

DOHHHHHHH Raise  £1.20 £1.65 £37.57
horny309 Fold     
xxxCall  £1.20 £2.85 £38.56
Challak Fold     
haidyboy Fold     
Patito Fold     
Flop

DOHHHHHHH Bet  £2.10 £4.95 £35.47
xxxRaise  £9.15 £14.10 £29.41
DOHHHHHHH      

Comments

• edited November 2011
    This is a standard shove for me , its the way i always play this
  • edited November 2011
    gotta agree with debs here shove all in here if u call then what the guy whos raised here could have kk with k of diamonds or even qq with q of diamonds i cant see villain here raising with a flush but i could see him raise here with a set because scraed of the 3 diamonds on flop but i would have to get it all in here dohhhh
  • edited November 2011
    Does your usual table image come into play here?

Were 30.8% @ worst, (other than when he's flopped a str flsh) when this "Tag" has called us with 45/

Against a set with a D we still have 44 />% + punishing all overs pairs with a D.

I think I make it £21 allowing him to jam rest.

If he has KdQd/Jd you've nearly got your 35% :p
  • edited November 2011
    Im shipping here. Only time I'm not is if we have history and they are the type of player who only goes all in like this with a very good made hand.
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: 30nl AA & nfd facing raise on flop.:
    This is a standard shove for me , its the way i always play this
    Posted by debdobs_67
    Are you hoping for a call or a fold when you shove? Do u think he's ever folding anything after making that raise?

Can he call with worse? (if so, what)....

Can he fold better hands that we have? (if so, what).......

• edited November 2011
    would be intrested what villain had here i cant see it being a made flush u just wouldnt raise on this flop looks like a set here and protcting a big hand or kk qq with k of diamonds or q of diamonds
  • edited November 2011
    Re-looking at this shipping may not be the right move. Didn't realise how deep they were. Only put £4 in the pot and have to shove £35 here on what is more than likely gonna need to improve. Tough spot.
    Deep stack isn't one of my strengths so I'm sitting this one out and I'm interested in what will be advised
  • edited November 2011
    its easy to post stuff when its not your money u are playing with but from a neutral looking in this is how i would of played it and all in :) if the ace wasnt a diamond would be a very easy fold does make a difference that ace being the nut flush diamond
  • edited November 2011
    replied to your PM doh.  Post finished hand at some point though!

I think you flatted, folded turn fwiw :p (lol)
  • edited November 2011

No 3 bet pre, rock solid tag – flopped flush or set

Oppo ain’t folding

Can you call here, with implied I think yes but will oppo pay you off  

still call, tough one if ace falls on turn :s

• edited November 2011
    Why would you ever call here?

To c/f non diamond turn?

For me decision always has to be made on flop.  To 3bet commit/shove or fold.
  • edited November 2011
    Looks very much like a set protecting against flush draw
  • edited November 2011
    Why would you ever call here? To c/f non diamond turn? For me decision always has to be made on flop.  To 3bet commit/shove or fold.
    Posted by AMYBR
    Yeah it's always like this with this type of draw, if we call do we get paid anyway.
    Therefore are we shoving just to increase the risk-reward ratio, for the times we hit is it worth it v the times we don't hit.
    We are hitting 1 in 3 so...maybe a better maths person can work this out

In game I normally just shove these spots but with no FE it's like grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I hope oppo has 1 diamond

If we have direct odds then we can call and c/f turn all day, but with implied it makes the call maybe not very good :()

I really am not sure either way to be honest because turn is always going to be a problem

• edited November 2011

is noone considering folding??

I think we are behind the majority of times here, To a flopped set or flush.

I agree with amybr the choice is between folding and shipping! If we ship it will prob fold out opairs imo 

any sets and made flushes will snap.

I think this could be a nitty fold in conclusion!!

• edited November 2011
    sorry greg, cant entertain the idea mate

• edited November 2011
    You need ~45% equity to get it in assuming he never folds. I think you nearly have to have this v a reasonable range, could be wrong though. An indication of what his range for flatting pre is likely to be would help
  • edited November 2011
    is noone considering folding?? I think we are behind the majority of times here, To a flopped set or flush. I agree with amybr the choice is between folding and shipping! If we ship it will prob fold out opairs imo  any sets and made flushes will snap. I think this could be a nitty fold in conclusion!!
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    You really think a solid tag raise/folds overpairs on this board?
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: 30nl AA & nfd facing raise on flop. : You really think a solid tag raise/folds overpairs on this board?
    Posted by grantorino
    not after talking to dohhhhhh lol

solid tag should not be raising worse on this board with no history with dohhhhh lol

if hes raising opairs hes looking to get it in (with the diamond as back up like QQd)

dohhhhh is crushed innit
  • edited November 2011
    well I think a solid tag should pretty much always be either flatting or raising to get it in with an overpair there against almost anyone
  • edited November 2011
    cant see how u can fold here greghogg u have aa and nut flush draw the villain could be raising with kk with k od diamonds or qq q of diamonds and if your up against a set u are not in that bad shape i cant see how the villain would raise here with a made flush espcially dohhh has the a of diamonds i would happily go all in and if ya up against a set so be it but u are not in bad shape 
  • edited November 2011
    Do you not think he would re - raise pre flop with QQ/KK Idonkcallu ???

I ruled those hands out for that reason.

GT dunno if u've seen but I sent u a pm.

Thanx 4 all replies so far. 
  • edited November 2011
    dohhhh u said hes a new player tight regular so he could be flatting here with qq or kk he most prob has notes on u as a crazy player which u can be at times lol and basiacally trapping u with a big pair 
  • edited November 2011
    Its a really interesting post tbh DOH.  It highlights a dividing line:

Those playing their own hand vs those playing their hand vs opponents range.

Good thread.
  • edited November 2011
    Its a really interesting post tbh DOH.  It highlights a dividing line: Those playing their own hand vs those playing their hand vs opponents range. Good thread.
    Posted by AMYBR
    oooooooooh, am I a red or a blue?

Doh pm received, reply sent.
  • edited November 2011
     CALL - final answer ) basis - up against flopped flush or set

going on the basis that we win 1 in 3 and stack oppo when we hit and oppo never folds to the shove

If you look at how much we risk against the reward, if we call we risk less for more profit long term
    If we shove then we are risking more for less reward for the one time we hit

over the long term I think it's more profitable, I could be wrong but.... I am sure this is good

I may not be right but hey, maybe someone knows

• edited November 2011
    Cud always spike an ace on the turn right?....

He wouldn't see that 1 coming!

And it cud also give me river outs ;)
  • edited November 2011
    Cud always spike an ace on the turn right?.... He wouldn't see that 1 coming! And it cud also give me   river outs ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Yeah thought that earlier an ace on turn would make it really complicated )
    How could we fold turn then ?

stupid game

edit: pick the phone up and ring lol_raise - he should have an answer )
  • edited November 2011
    FWIW, I dont know if your guys are kidding, but I dont see how we can ever flat flop.
  • edited November 2011
    Sorry grantorino, definately Blue.  Only deleted post as I was having colour coding issues.

Was trying to make the word Blue Pink, but it wouldnt work. :P
  • edited November 2011
    Hey Grantorino... random unrelated question here. I see you posting on the clinic all the time with lots of really great input but I never see you playing on the site... where do you frequent??