You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

700 BB pot vs SuLAG. Call or sigh fold?

edited November 2011 in The Poker Clinic

Is the guy who goes deep in the hand the straddler utg?

U prob xplained it correctly It just confused me coz I had to read......

I'd check back turn, and call most river bets and vbet most cards if he checks again.

Comments

• edited November 2011
    10 handed 25/50 live home cash game.  Lot of straddling, pretty actiony.  I'm actually having a winning session :)

UTG straddles @ £1.5, UTG +1 restraddles @ £3.  I find KcQc on the button.  Have a stack of £210, Raise to £12 (mainly to stop it going ten to a flop).  SB calls, UTG straddler calls.

UTG straddler is a pure fish LAG spewbox.  Limp calls every hand, but gets there alot of the time.  Will hold any two cards pretty much, but has a stack of around £250.

Pot stands @ £39.5  Flop:  Ks7s2h.  I was firing most flops, as it stands I get a pretty good one.

SB checks UTG, checks, I bet £20, expecting to be called pretty wide.  SB folds, fish/SupLAG/spewbox clicks it back to £40 pretty much instantly.

We arent talking about a skilled or thinking player.  He wont be considoring my hand strength at all here.

I can only really put him on a K, spade draw or K7.  I dont really love the idea of jamming and getting auto called by a guy who is running hot with a spade draw.  So flat Intending to commit on turn when a spede doesnt fall.

£119.5 in pot.  I have £160 back.  Ks7s2h  Ac.  Opponent checks.  I bet £55 still feeling I have best hand, setting up shove on river, unless a spade falls..  He quickly calls.

£230 in pot £105 back Ks7s2h  Ac Ah.

Opponent insta jams.  Only hand to worry about here is 7's or dueces full surely?
  • edited November 2011
    Yes HU from flop vs UTG initial straddler.

There is a reason I ask which I'll go into at end.

Why check back turn in this instance?  (VS a good player I def check back turn, however)

Forget to mention he is never betting a busted draw on river, or jamming as a stone cold bluff.  He is always betting with what he believes is best hand for value

To check back turn we have to put an A or made set in his range, him holding AK 22/77.  Cabt ever see him holding AK though.

(This is with solid reads, 1000's of hands played)
  • edited November 2011
    70bb deep vs tards with tp2k id just get it in on flop aslong as you can reload deep, also cbet bigger
  • edited November 2011
    I would also bud for sure.

But am nearly 400bbs deep on flop.

Happy to half pot it here so deep as opponent will peel off a turn super light, but will likely c/f to £28 - £33.
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: 700 BB pot vs SuLAG. Call or sigh fold?:
    Yes HU from flop vs UTG initial straddler. There is a reason I ask which I'll go into at end. Why check back turn in this instance?  (VS a good player I def check back turn, however) Forget to mention he is never betting a busted draw on river, or jamming as a stone cold bluff.  He is always betting with what he believes is best hand for value To check back turn we have to put an A or made set in his range, him holding AK 22/77.  Cabt ever see him holding AK though. (This is with solid reads, 1000's of hands played)
    Posted by AMYBR
    Ofc these hands are in his range. I don't expect him to show up with them often like...

I'm checking turn to control the pot and allow him to bluff the river...

Just seems his range is wide open and he's a spewtastic fish..........

Be brave, check behind and beat him into the pot otr imo. (that wud be my plan even before I saw that sexy river card btw :)) .... (or maybe not, but I'd like to think it wud be!)

-------------

Now u said he's never bluffing, just fold..... ???
  • edited November 2011
    Limp calls every hand, but gets there alot of the time. 

Will hold any two cards pretty much.

I dont really love the idea of jamming and getting auto called by a guy who is running hot with a spade draw.

how are your posts always this ridiculous?!

how do you think about things like this?

why are you playing against such run good expert opponents if they always hit?

how can you think someone has any two cards and then you want to specifically put them on full houses.

THIS IS SO MINDBLOWINGLY STUPID

• edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: 700 BB pot vs SuLAG. Call or sigh fold? : Ofc these hands are in his range. I don't expect him to show up with them often like... I'm checking turn to control the pot and allow him to bluff the river.. If he has checked turn, I'd be more inclined to believe he'll check river OOP also.  I dont think we need to pot control here. Just seems his range is wide open and he's a spewtastic fish.......... This :p Be brave, check behind and beat him into the pot otr imo. (that wud be my plan even before I saw that sexy river card btw :)) .... (or maybe not, but I'd like to think it wud be!) This was the plan completely ------------- Now u said he's never bluffing, just fold..... ???
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I can only bet the turn If I'm 100% he has overplayed a worse K or has the spade draw.  He never holds AK here, so when he c/r's flop surely he can only have a worse K?

He c/rs flop to then check the A turn, Furthar closing his range to the worse K than the spades I thought?  So can only VB turn with clear cut plan to jam river right? otherwise its a potsize/stack size disaster.

River is a beautifal card given level of confidence at turn, but now also beating the K7/K2.

I did beat him into the pot then got a world of abuse.  Based on the snap call and his disgust that he figures his hand has to be good once the river A falls (he had K9). 

Actually felt like it was the best hand I've played in awhile.  What you say about being brave might be what I've been lacking, perhaps down to the perma bad run.

My main issue was the abuse and how he never once stopped to considor my hand, given how the hand plays...

But also am trying to work out if this is kind of spewy vs what could easily have been a low set.  Sorry if it comes off as brag post, isnt meant that way.  Just trying to explore a few elements of my game.
  • edited November 2011
    when there is a straddle to £3 and we have £210 we only have 70bbs
  • edited November 2011
    Limp calls every hand, but gets there alot of the time.  Will hold any two cards pretty much.  I dont really love the idea of jamming and getting auto called by a guy who is running hot with a spade draw. how are your posts always this ridiculous?! how do you think about things like this? why are you playing against such run good expert opponents if they always hit? how can you think someone has any two cards and then you want to specifically put them on full houses. THIS IS SO MINDBLOWINGLY STUPID
    Posted by beaneh
    You really are a rude obnoxious tool.

Not everyone see's things the way you do, but heck I guess if they dont it gives you a good excuse to rant for no reason at all.

I love how you simply attack any post I make out of principle.  Your pathetic.  I dont see you doing it anywhere else, your just a simple trolling fool.

There is clear logic and reasoning behind every thing I comment on.

Seems to me as always, it would be far easier to say nothing if you disagree, rather than through your weight around for the sake of it.  You are pathetic.
  • edited November 2011
    Limp calls every hand, but gets there alot of the time.    Will hold any two cards pretty much.  ? I dont really love the idea of jamming and getting auto called by a guy who is running hot with a spade draw.  ? how are your posts always this ridiculous?! how do you think about things like this? why are you playing against such run good expert opponents if they always hit? how can you think someone has any two cards and then you want to specifically put them on full houses.     THIS IS SO MINDBLOWINGLY STUPIDPosted by beaneh
    You've not sat at a table vs someone who plays awfully and is just getting there constantly?

Not played against this kind of player? NO

You want to turn a £40 pot into a £500 pot with TP2K vs a guy that wont fold a flush draw (@ 25/50 with 400BB's back)

I never put them on a FH, I clearly said this would be the only hand to worry about, not that I thought that was their holding.

I apologise for analysing a hand in perhaps slightly more detail than you might.  You are a pure jerk.
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: 700 BB pot vs SuLAG. Call or sigh fold? : You really are a rude obnoxious tool. Not everyone see's things the way you do, but heck I guess if they dont it gives you a good excuse to rant for no reason at all. I love how you simply attack any post I make out of principle.  Your pathetic.  I dont see you doing it anywhere else, your just a simple trolling fool. There is clear logic and reasoning behind every thing I comment on. Seems to me as always, it would be far easier to say nothing if you disagree, rather than through your weight around for the sake of it.  You are pathetic.
    Posted by AMYBR

I provide good strategey advice with explanations for anyone who posts like a normal human being.

You know you come across as an imbecile and i've also told you i'm more than willing to help you but as you keep posting things like 

HE HAS NO EYES SO HE CANT SEE HIS CARDS HE'S GONE ALL IN WE HAVE ACES DO WE CALL, I FEEL LIKE I MIGHT LOSE COS I RUN BAD

It's so dumb you have to be told.

How can you be helped if you say things like  "we've only got top set and he's good at flush draws"
  • edited November 2011

lol "call him a pr!ck, call him a pr!ck" !!!!!

;)))

....take his help tho imo :(
  • edited November 2011
    I never said anything like that in any way shape or form.

You have not read my post properly at all, you looked at it hugely selectively, looking for elements to attack and insult.

I always knew my hand was good.  I was interested at what people who comment on here regularly, rather than just to attack for the sake of it on occassion, would interpret his river shove as, given that he is never bluffing.

I came at it obliquely so that I wouldnt colour their answer, while giving as much detail on player type as possible.

I dont have to explain myself to you.  I show nothing but respect to everyone, you just come in and think its ok to br rude for your own entertainment.

• edited November 2011
    I never said anything like that in any way shape or form. You have not read my post properly at all, you looked at it hugely selectively, looking for elements to attack and insult. I always knew my hand was good.  I was interested at what people who comment on here regularly, rather than just to attack for the sake of it on occassion, would interpret his river shove as, given that he is never bluffing. I came at it obliquely so that I wouldnt colour their answer, while giving as much detail on player type as possible. I dont have to explain myself to you.  I show nothing but respect to everyone, you just come in and think its ok to br rude for your own entertainment.
    Posted by AMYBR

I dont really love the idea of jamming and getting auto called by a guy who is running hot with a spade draw.

• edited November 2011
    lol "call him a pr!ck, call him a pr!ck" !!!!! ;))) ....take his help tho imo :(
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    What advice?  What help?  Do you see any?  Every comment numnuts puts on any thread I post is just a plain attack.  Most amusingly is he doesnt seem to do it on any one elses.

He reads bits, totally misunderstands and goes off on a wobbler for his own sad reasons.  Tired of it.

• edited November 2011
    lol "call him a pr!ck, call him a pr!ck" !!!!! ;))) ....take his help tho imo :(
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

You're just jealous Doh. 

xx
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: 700 BB pot vs SuLAG. Call or sigh fold? :  I dont really love the idea of jamming and getting auto called by a guy who is running hot with a spade draw.  I dont really love the idea of jamming and getting auto called by a guy who is running hot with a spade draw.  I dont really love the idea of jamming and getting auto called by a guy who is running hot with a spade draw.  I dont really love the idea of jamming and getting auto called by a guy who is running hot with a spade draw.  I dont really love the idea of jamming and getting auto called by a guy who is running hot with a spade draw.  I dont really love the idea of jamming and getting auto called by a guy who is running hot with a spade draw.  I dont really love the idea of jamming and getting auto called by a guy who is running hot with a spade draw.  I dont really love the idea of jamming and getting auto called by a guy who is running hot with a spade draw.  I dont really love the idea of jamming and getting auto called by a guy who is running hot with a spade draw.  I dont really love the idea of jamming and getting auto called by a guy who is running hot with a spade draw.  I dont really love the idea of jamming and getting auto called by a guy who is running hot with a spade draw.  I dont really love the idea of jamming and getting auto called by a guy who is running hot with a spade draw.  I dont really love the idea of jamming and getting auto called by a guy who is running hot with a spade draw.  I dont really love the idea of jamming and getting auto called by a guy who is running hot with a spade draw.  I dont really love the idea of jamming and getting auto called by a guy who is running hot with a spade draw.  I dont really love the idea of jamming and getting auto called by a guy who is running hot with a spade draw.  I dont really love the idea of jamming and getting auto called by a guy who is running hot with a spade draw.  I dont really love the idea of jamming and getting auto called by a guy who is running hot with a spade draw.  I dont really love the idea of jamming and getting auto called by a guy who is running hot with a spade draw.  I dont really love the idea of jamming and getting auto called by a guy who is running hot with a spade draw.  I dont really love the idea of jamming and getting auto called by a guy who is running hot with a spade draw.  I dont really love the idea of jamming and getting auto called by a guy who is running hot with a spade draw.  I dont really love the idea of jamming and getting auto called by a guy who is running hot with a spade draw.  I dont really love the idea of jamming and getting auto called by a guy who is running hot with a spade draw.  I dont really love the idea of jamming and getting auto called by a guy who is running hot with a spade draw.  I dont really love the idea of jamming and getting auto called by a guy who is running hot with a spade draw.  I dont really love the idea of jamming and getting auto called by a guy who is running hot with a spade draw.  I dont really love the idea of jamming and getting auto called by a guy who is running hot with a spade draw.
    Posted by beaneh
    There is 39.5 in pot.

effective stack is £200 @ 25/50.

We have been c/r'd by a fish who wont fold.  We want to get it all in here on flop with TP2K @ 60/40 at best?  He has to have something to c/r us with, do we really want to step on the gas here in either scenario that he is strong or weak?  He is bad, but not bad enough to go broke with onepr no kicker to a 3bet flop.

I'll go to the turn IP this deep tyvm.

Yes running hot is immaterial i admit.  Is this the whole basis of your childish attack then?
  • edited November 2011
    but we arent 400bb deep. the straddle to £3 is the new bigblind.
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: 700 BB pot vs SuLAG. Call or sigh fold? : What advice?  What help?  Do you see any?  Every comment numnuts puts on any thread I post is just a plain attack.  Most amusingly is he doesnt seem to do it on any one elses. He reads bits, totally misunderstands and goes off on a wobbler for his own sad reasons.  Tired of it.
    Posted by AMYBR
    lol well I'd imagine it wudda been done privately.....

Had a thread about a year ago now which went the way this 1 is heading. Was fun at the time like, but has prob cost me 5 figures since.

1 of them m8, u gotta speculate to accumulate. 

For purely personal/comedy reasons, I hope u keep up the hostility though, nice to be watching for once :))) looooool.

He'll say he's gonna stab something soon.... #knifefettishftw 

• edited November 2011
    Bit over the top Beanah !!

But yeah I would take his advice if he ever comes down from the ceiling )

btw AMB, you do sometimes put lines in your post's that sound a bit like WHAT !!!

" I dont really love the idea of jamming and getting auto called by a guy who is running hot with a spade draw."

Dohhhh's lines are very agreeable 
  • edited November 2011
    I'm done with it tbh, pretty close to just deleting it.

I just think the guy is an arrogant tool  Totally selectively misiterpreting the question and context because, as always, he enjoys throwing his weight around.

Once or twice wouldnt bother me so much, but its just sad that he thinks its funny every time.

Seems like it would be easier to say nothing.  Last two times he has thrown a wobbler he mis read and misunderstood and attacked.  I just think its pathetic.
  • edited November 2011
    SO IM PLAYING WITH LOADS OF FISH BECAUSE IM A SKILL LIVE PLAYER, AND I ALWAYS BEAT THEM BECAUYSE THEY ARE IDIOTS AND PLAY TOO LOOSE, ARENT I CLEVER FOR KNOWING THIS. YES VALIDATE ME

SO I OBVIOUSLY DO THE CLASSIC LIMP UNDER TUT GUN WITH ACEY AND KINGEY AND THEN IM ALL LIKE HAHAHA TARPING YOU ALL, THESE IDIOT FISHES WHO PLAY TOO LOOSE AND RAISE ANY TWO CARDS RAISE BLIND AND LIKE I MEAN THEY DIDN'T SEE THEIR HAND BLIND AND SO 4 FISHES CALL AND IT'S BACK TO ME.

NOW HERES WHERE THE LIVE PLAY COMES INTO EFFECT BECAUSE IVE LOST THE LAST 4 POTS, 3 OF WHICH WERE FLIPS, GOD ARENT I UNLUCKY IT MUST BE RIGGED, BUT IM REALLY GOOD SO I KNOW WHAT IM DOING AND SO I OVERLIMP AND THEN FOLD BECAUSE I DONT WANT TO GET 300 BIG BLINDS IN WITH A NUT HAND VERSUS BLIND HANDS BECAUSE I AM A SKILL PLAYER AND ILL PROBABLY LOSE BECAUSE THEYVE BEEN RUNNING HOT THESE FISHES WHO PLAY ANYTWO. 

HOW DO YOU BEAT THIS SORT OF GAME I JUST DONT GET IT, I THOUGHT I WAS A WINNER BUT THEN I LOSE LIKE 2 BUYINS AND NOW I QUESTION EVERYTHING

DONT WORRY THOUGH I WILL NEVER POST A HAND FOR ANALYSIS JUST A STORY ABOUT SOME IDIOTIC SITUATION I PLAY AWFULLY WHERE I TELL EVERYONE IM THE BEST AND I DEFFO PLAYED IT GREAT AND THOUGH I GIVE NO VALID REASONS IM DEFFO RIGHT BECAUSE I LIKE TELLING PEOPLE IM RIGHT

IF ANYONE COMES IN HERE TO TELL ME OTHERWISE ILL GIVE LONG WINDED GUFF ABOUT KNOWING THE LIVE PLAYERS AND IT BEING A READ BASED GAME AND HOW THE ONLINE KDIS DONT GET IT AND HOW THEYRE RUDE AND HORRIBLE FOR NOT TELLING ME IM RIGHT AND GREAT.

DOES THIS SOUND FAMILIAR TO ANYONE?!
  • edited November 2011
    Maybe to you, because your purely deluded, rude and interpret things incredibly selectively.

I think you'll find I treat everyone with respect, courtesy and am reasonable and diplomatic in pretty much everything I say.  If I dont agree I'll say so, If I'm wrong I'll say so.

Every time I post I lay out what I'm trying to say clearly, concisely and fairly.

Your drawing on three or so posts that you've ranted on for your very selective childish opinion, that you have widely misinterpreted.

As said, you are pathetic.

• edited November 2011
    SO IM PLAYING WITH LOADS OF FISH BECAUSE IM A SKILL LIVE PLAYER, AND I ALWAYS BEAT THEM BECAUYSE THEY ARE IDIOTS AND PLAY TOO LOOSE, ARENT I CLEVER FOR KNOWING THIS. YES VALIDATE ME SO I OBVIOUSLY DO THE CLASSIC LIMP UNDER TUT GUN WITH ACEY AND KINGEY AND THEN IM ALL LIKE HAHAHA TARPING YOU ALL, THESE IDIOT FISHES WHO PLAY TOO LOOSE AND RAISE ANY TWO CARDS RAISE BLIND AND LIKE I MEAN THEY DIDN'T SEE THEIR HAND BLIND AND SO 4 FISHES CALL AND IT'S BACK TO ME. NOW HERES WHERE THE LIVE PLAY COMES INTO EFFECT BECAUSE IVE LOST THE LAST 4 POTS, 3 OF WHICH WERE FLIPS, GOD ARENT I UNLUCKY IT MUST BE RIGGED, BUT IM REALLY GOOD SO I KNOW WHAT IM DOING AND SO I OVERLIMP AND THEN FOLD BECAUSE I DONT WANT TO GET 300 BIG BLINDS IN WITH A NUT HAND VERSUS BLIND HANDS BECAUSE I AM A SKILL PLAYER AND ILL PROBABLY LOSE BECAUSE THEYVE BEEN RUNNING HOT THESE FISHES WHO PLAY ANYTWO.  HOW DO YOU BEAT THIS SORT OF GAME I JUST DONT GET IT, I THOUGHT I WAS A WINNER BUT THEN I LOSE LIKE 2 BUYINS AND NOW I QUESTION EVERYTHING DONT WORRY THOUGH I WILL NEVER POST A HAND FOR ANALYSIS JUST A STORY ABOUT SOME IDIOTIC SITUATION I PLAY AWFULLY WHERE I TELL EVERYONE IM THE BEST AND I DEFFO PLAYED IT GREAT AND THOUGH I GIVE NO VALID REASONS IM DEFFO RIGHT BECAUSE I LIKE TELLING PEOPLE IM RIGHT IF ANYONE COMES IN HERE TO TELL ME OTHERWISE ILL GIVE LONG WINDED GUFF ABOUT KNOWING THE LIVE PLAYERS AND IT BEING A READ BASED GAME AND HOW THE ONLINE KDIS DONT GET IT AND HOW THEYRE RUDE AND HORRIBLE FOR NOT TELLING ME IM RIGHT AND GREAT. DOES THIS SOUND FAMILIAR TO ANYONE?!
    Posted by beaneh

It resembles some truth maybe, but do you really think that just attacking the guy and not helping him is ever going to end with a positive result )
    You could vent on every post Beanah and tell everyone how bad there lines are and how badly they think about dynamics and situations but you only choose to attack this poor fella.

Call a mod - we have an outburst !!! 

• edited November 2011
    Maybe to you, because your purely deluded, rude and interpret things incredibly selectively. I think you'll find I treat everyone with respect, courtesy and am reasonable and diplomatic in pretty much everything I say.  If I dont agree I'll say so, If I'm wrong I'll say so. Every time I post I lay out what I'm trying to say clearly, concisely and fairly. Your drawing on three or so posts that you've ranted on for your very selective childish opinion, that you have widely misinterpreted. As said, you are pathetic.
    Posted by AMYBR

Suck it up! Apologise even if u don't mean it, and take his help!
  • edited November 2011
    Its alright bud, if you dont see it Beahehs way your an idiot apparently.

For the record:

Limping AK UTG and having 4 effective stacks shove before it gets to you isnt an auto call

We can call, we can fold, having to win at showdown vs 4 random hands aifp isnt an auto stack off with 1BB invested .  Either line.  Why have you latched on to this???

I do forget there is only one way to play poker, that people arent allowed to experiment with bet sizing strategy philosophy dynamics etc.  That we cant modify our play in certain circumstance.

Last post you did this on you thought I'd limp folded K's, then edited your posts as you hadnt read it properly.

This time you thought I was tinking of folding river, which I want at all.  I was leaving the post open to responses.  You see what you want to see because you like to attack.

Beanehs way is the only way.
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: 700 BB pot vs SuLAG. Call or sigh fold? : Suck it up! Apologise even if u don't mean it, and take his help!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Very dissapointed in you DOH................
  • edited November 2011
    must admit dohhh i would find it pretty hard to appologise to someone giving off that sort of abuse. yes sometimes harsh words are needed(i been on the back end of a few) but this does seem excessive!. i have up most respect for you beneah and you have given me great advice in this past, but i think you have over stepped the mark here. just my opinion though x
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: 700 BB pot vs SuLAG. Call or sigh fold? : Suck it up! Apologise even if u don't mean it, and take his help!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

dohhh as a man who had many arguments with me about strat you know that

a) I help people here (alot)

b) If someone comes in without wanting help they cant be helped

c) if someone is ridiculously stubborn and refuses to accept they could be wrong they cant ever hope to improve
  • edited November 2011
    This is what I find so frustrating about you.

I am in no way stubborn at all.

Have frequently exposed flaws in my game and lapses of thinking.  Commenting just yesterday that this forum has hugely improved the technical aspect of my game.

This is exactly why I say your are deluded and selective.

You have formed your opinion on a miniscule sample of my imput, and it wont be changed. 

I dont care what you think, and I dont have to explain myself to you.  You are out of order as always.  For no reason at all. 

Its needless and pathetic.  You've done this many times and I think its just childish and pathetic.