You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TIKAY WAS I RIGHT OR WRONG?

edited October 2009 in Poker Chat

Hi Tikay a quick question i would like your view on.I was gonna register for last nights £22.00 7.30 deepstack but noticed there were only 7 PLAYERS registered.They were all regulars in this and i thought it would not seem right to enter as it would look bad on me as i know 6 get paid.Do you think i was right not to enter? PS i hope to do ONE next week.

Comments

• edited October 2009
    Hi dav

In my opinion, all tournaments that are listed in the lobby are open to everyone and anyone who wishes to play them, it is your money and your choice be there 7, or 700 players :)
  • edited October 2009
    would 6 get paid with only 7 entrys?
  • edited October 2009
    YOU SHOULD HAVE ENTERED

1 ITS A OPEN TORNIMENT
    2 ITS NOT A GUARANTEED POT SO YOUR £22 MAKES IT BETTER FOR ALL INVOLVED
    3 THE REGULAR ARE ALWAY ON HERE PLEADING FOR MORE QUALITY ENTRANTS WHICH I AM SURE HAVING PLAYED AGGAINST YOU THAT YOU ARE
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: TIKAY WAS I RIGHT OR WRONG?:
    Hi dav In my opinion, all tournaments that are listed in the lobby are open to everyone and anyone who wishes to play them, it is your money and your choice be there 7, or 700 players :)
    Posted by acebarry10
    Thanks BAZ,but i just looked and thought it looked a bit like trying to steal.
  • edited October 2009

Well if there were only 7 Players, no, there would be no point entering it. So yes, you did right, on the face of it.

At what time was that? How many Runners did it eventually get?

The thing is, Players tend to enter it very late, but if we all hold back because there are not many Runners, it's Catch-22.

Since the Guarantee was dropped to £300, & Barry started to spam it every day, the Runners have averaged about 20 per night. In truth, with less than 20 Runners, the Tournament will struggle to survive, & will disappear eventually.

The move forward to 8pm of the Nightly "Main", & the better Structures in that, is bound to affect the existing 7.30 Deepie, which is a bit sad, as it's been my favourite Tourney on here.

But if, as your Post implies, it had less than 2 Tables last night, it will soon die.

The Players hold the power here. If they play it, it will stay, if thry don't, it'll disappear, as sure as night follows little apples.
  • edited October 2009
    Well if there were only 7 Players, no, there would be no point entering it. So yes, you did right, on the face of it. At what time was that? How many Runners did it eventually get? The thing is, Players tend to enter it very late, but if we all hold back because there are not many Runners, it's Catch-22. Since the Guarantee was dropped to £300, & Barry started to spam it every day, the Runners have averaged about 20 per night. In truth, with less than 20 Runners, the Tournament will struggle to survive, & will disappear eventually. The move forward to 8pm of the Nightly "Main", & the better Structures in that, is bound to affect the existing 7.30 Deepie, which is a bit sad, as it's been my favourite Tourney on here. But if, as your Post implies, it had less than 2 Tables last night, it will soon die. The Players hold the power here. If they play it, it will stay, if thry don't, it'll disappear, as sure as night follows little apples.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi mate i checked at about 7.25.....HOW many did it make?
  • edited October 2009
    One more point just in case anyone posts about me MULTI-TABLING,my laptop is a bit dated and ive tried this on 2 occasions and on both have had severe problems,so i dont multi-table.So that is why i wanted to enter last night as the 7.00 deepy was gonna cost me £11 so i thought treat myself to a biggy
  • edited October 2009

I did a bit of digging, & it looks like it only got 14 Runners, which is not good.

The troube is, Players see it it "light" on Runners, & so don't enter, quite resonably, so it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

The Prize Money was as follows.....(Entry was £20 + £2).

1st - £68

2nd £45.50

3rd - £30.50

4th - £15.50

5th - £8

6th - £0.50.

So only the top three made a profit, but with a field of 14, nobody could expect more players to Profit - you can't have 6 of 14 turning a profit, or the Winner would end up with a fiver profit! Remember, it was the PLAYERS who decided, months ago, unanimously, to make the Tourney "ALL Finalists get paid".

Hopefully, last night was just an aberration. At Noon today, it already has FIVE Runners, so a Field of 20+ tonight remains a real possibility. It's up to the Players really, they will play it if they want, & will not if they don't.

If it has less than 16 or 17 tonight, I'd have to think about whether to play it or not. I want to play the 4,000 Chip 10 minute Blind Double Stack at 8pm, which has a whopping guarantee of £12,500, so it deserves full concentration. Being distracted from that by playing for a potential Loss by Finalling in a 14 Runnner Deepstack makes no sense.

So let's hope the Field is a tidy one tonight, say, 18 or more, because I love the Comp.
  • edited October 2009
    I did a bit of digging, & it looks like it only got 14 Runners, which is not good. The troube is, Players see it it "light" on Runners, & so don't enter, quite resonably, so it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. The Prize Money was as follows.....(Entry was £20 + £2). 1st - £68 2nd £45.50 3rd - £30.50 4th - £15.50 5th - £8 6th - £0.50. So only the top three made a profit, but with a field of 14, nobody could expect more players to Profit - you can't have 6 of 14 turning a profit, or the Winner would end up with a fiver profit! Remember, it was the PLAYERS who decided, months ago, unanimously, to make the Tourney "ALL Finalists get paid". Hopefully, last night was just an aberration. At Noon today, it already has FIVE Runners, so a Field of 20+ tonight remains a real possibility. It's up to the Players really, they will play it if they want, & will not if they don't. If it has less than 16 or 17 tonight, I'd have to think about whether to play it or not. I want to play the 4,000 Chip 10 minute Blind Double Stack at 8pm, which has a whopping guarantee of £12,500, so it deserves full concentration. Being distracted from that by playing for a potential Loss by Finalling in a 14 Runnner Deepstack makes no sense. So let's hope the Field is a tidy one tonight, say, 18 or more, because I love the Comp.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi tikay

As well as this, I have also added something to my thread, we are both certanly trying to do our best to keep this toury from going under, allthough I fear may be fruitless if it does not improve soon, indeed a great shame.

• edited October 2009
    I did a bit of digging, & it looks like it only got 14 Runners, which is not good. The troube is, Players see it it "light" on Runners, & so don't enter, quite resonably, so it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. The Prize Money was as follows.....(Entry was £20 + £2). 1st - £68 2nd £45.50 3rd - £30.50 4th - £15.50 5th - £8 6th - £0.50. So only the top three made a profit, but with a field of 14, nobody could expect more players to Profit - you can't have 6 of 14 turning a profit, or the Winner would end up with a fiver profit! Remember, it was the PLAYERS who decided, months ago, unanimously, to make the Tourney "ALL Finalists get paid". Hopefully, last night was just an aberration. At Noon today, it already has FIVE Runners, so a Field of 20+ tonight remains a real possibility. It's up to the Players really, they will play it if they want, & will not if they don't. If it has less than 16 or 17 tonight, I'd have to think about whether to play it or not. I want to play the 4,000 Chip 10 minute Blind Double Stack at 8pm, which has a whopping guarantee of £12,500, so it deserves full concentration. Being distracted from that by playing for a potential Loss by Finalling in a 14 Runnner Deepstack makes no sense. So let's hope the Field is a tidy one tonight, say, 18 or more, because I love the Comp.
    Posted by Tikay10
    thanks for the feedback tikay,gl 4 2nite
  • edited October 2009
    HI DAV TONIGHTS £22 DEEPIE IS £300 GUARANTEED SO TREAT YOUR SELF TO A POP AT THAT, ORFORDS EVEN IN IT!
  • edited October 2009
    HI DAV TONIGHTS £22 DEEPIE IS £300 GUARANTEED SO TREAT YOUR SELF TO A POP AT THAT, ORFORDS EVEN IN IT!
    Posted by BADBOY985
    Effectively, thats £20 of Added Value.
  • edited October 2009
    Posted by BADBOY985
    cant 2nite mate as i always play the ORFORDABLE.see me earlier post (cant multi table)gl badboy
  • edited October 2009
    I CANT PLAY IT IM WORKING AND IT ALSO ABOUT £19 ABOVE MY BANKROLL LOL
  • edited October 2009
    I CANT PLAY IT IM WORKING AND IT ALSO ABOUT £19 ABOVE MY BANKROLL LOL
    Posted by BADBOY985
    MINE TO REALLY LOL BUT REALLY WANT TO GIVE IT A GO.WILL DO SOON, HOPEFULLY NEXT WEDS OR THURS
  • edited October 2009
    Hi all.

Tikay all the final tablists last night made a profit.  The figures u posted were the profits that each player made.
    themackem1£90 + 30 League Points70000 
    mabsue2£67.50 + 26 League Points0 
    phil12uk3£52.50 + 18 League Points0 
    spitfire104£37.50 + 12 League Points0 
    ctbn5£300 
    DELTA6£22.500
    HOWEVER, it is not a 'clique' tournament and Dav and anyone else should not feel that they can't play. ANYONE can play - the more the merrier.  I would hate for a great tourney to be stopped due to small numbers simply because people felt they 'dont belong'.  Please, please, please everyone who's bankrolls permit, come and have a game - it simply is a great tournament.

And if the value of Orford being in isn't enough remember that the Hogster is also in........thats DOUBLE VALUE ;)
  • edited October 2009
    Additionally.........please don't sigh at the winner last night!
  • edited October 2009
    Hi all. Tikay all the final tablists last night made a profit.  The figures u posted were the profits that each player made. themackem 1 £90 + 30 League Points 70000   mabsue 2 £67.50 + 26 League Points 0   phil12uk 3 £52.50 + 18 League Points 0   spitfire10 4 £37.50 + 12 League Points 0   ctbn 5 £30 0   DELTA 6 £22.50 0 HOWEVER, it is not a 'clique' tournament and Dav and anyone else should not feel that they can't play. ANYONE can play - the more the merrier.  I would hate for a great tourney to be stopped due to small numbers simply because people felt they 'dont belong'.  Please, please, please everyone who's bankrolls permit, come and have a game - it simply is a great tournament. And if the value of Orford being in isn't enough remember that the Hogster is also in........thats DOUBLE VALUE ;)
    Posted by phil12uk
    Hi Phil - my apologies, I 'Scoped the Comp, & they show PROFIT, not the Prizes. So, with the Top 6 all making a Profit, I'll defo play it tonight.

As you say, GREAT comp, but it be greaterer if we could muster more Runners.
  • edited October 2009
    I love this tournement, but do fear that it will soon be scrapped if the numbers don't pick up. 

Can I just make the point that if there were only 7 runners in a £22 entry £300 guarantee tournement that it would represent very good value.  £22 x 7 = £154 paid for £300 dosh paid out, that is the sort of tournement you should be entering Dav1964!

BTW, I very annoyingly bubbled last night, with my KK busted by QQ.

The numbers do also pick up when Tikay does play in it, I think some people like the chance to take him on (mentioning no names Ric*Orfo*d).
  • edited October 2009
    6 wouldnt get paid with 7 entries, im sure
  • edited October 2009
    I love this tournement, but do fear that it will soon be scrapped if the numbers don't pick up.  Can I just make the point that if there were only 7 runners in a £22 entry £300 guarantee tournement that it would represent very good value.  £22 x 7 = £154 paid for £300 dosh paid out, that is the sort of tournement you should be entering Dav1964! BTW, I very annoyingly bubbled last night, with my KK busted by QQ. The numbers do also pick up when Tikay does play in it, I think some people like the chance to take him on (mentioning no names Ric*Orfo*d).
    Posted by SoLack
    I share that view.

I also forgot about the £300 Guarantee when debating last night's numbers. I had a bad morning, eh?

But Sky Poker won't keep subsiding it, they just won't, it makes no sense so to do.
  • edited October 2009
    It has a guarantee £300 prize pool split between the top six - doesn't matter how many runners.  Honest. 
  • edited October 2009
    6 wouldnt get paid with 7 entries, im sure
    Posted by nirvana29
    At present, they would - the whole thing was set up on the basis of all 6 Finalists being paid, the Players demanded it, & voted on it, back in the summer.

But you are also right - because if it dropped that low - 7 or 8 Runners - I think the Tourney would be dropped off the Schedule.
  • edited October 2009
    Hi Tikay,
    I have posted this twice before, cant a satelite be organised for this event even if it is the night before for the next day if time doesnt allow.

I cant afford this buy in every night and enjoyed the cheaper one the other night when you got busted with trip two's lol

In Response to Re: TIKAY WAS I RIGHT OR WRONG? : Hi Phil - my apologies, I 'Scoped the Comp, & they show PROFIT, not the Prizes. So, with the Top 6 all making a Profit, I'll defo play it tonight. As you say, GREAT comp, but it be greaterer if we could muster more Runners.
    Posted by Tikay10
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: TIKAY WAS I RIGHT OR WRONG? : I share that view. I also forgot about the £300 Guarantee when debating last night's numbers. I had a bad morning, eh? But Sky Poker won't keep subsiding it, they just won't, it makes no sense so to do.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi TiKay,

Are Sky offering the guarantee in the hope that enough players sign up so they don't have to pay some of it out?

If enough players don't turn up on a regular basis the tournament will be removed?

In other words the guarantee is only there to tempt players in so the guarantee isn't used.

This seems a little disingenuous.

If they set up a guaranteed tournament, they shouldn't moan if some part of that guarantee has to be spent.

All the best
  • edited October 2009
    Hi Tikay, I have posted this twice before, cant a satelite be organised for this event even if it is the night before for the next day if time doesnt allow. I cant afford this buy in every night and enjoyed the cheaper one the other night when you got busted with trip two's lol In Response to Re: TIKAY WAS I RIGHT OR WRONG? :
    Posted by Torryladd
    I don't know Torry, but I'll send the Thread to Sky-Bernie & see what he says.

My exit with Trip Two's? (Which was in the less expensive, but faster-structured, 7pm tikay Sleepie, yes?).

It was a right comical exit, really, & I've not stopped chuckling about it since - & it was 2 days ago!

I was 3-Tabling, & sort of sleeping, I don't really get involved in hands early doors, except Premiuns, & obvious situations (squuezes, & priced-in Calls), I prefer to wait until things settle down, & early-paced sprinters have shot their Usain.

The Table clicked up, I was in the BB with K-2, nobody Raised, 6 players had limped in, I just pre-clicked Check & went to another Table. Blinds were 25-50 I think.

Th Table clicked up again, & I saw the Flop was 2-2-3. Happy days! I Passed my hands on my other Tables & settled down to work out how to get paid. Easy game this.

Checked all round.

The Turn came a total blank, so I stuck 200 in, to see if I could get on. It's 2-2-3-x, Rainbow.

It went Pass, Pass, Pass, until it got to the Button. Who made it.........

6,000!

What? I'm sat there trying to figure what he'd do that with! 6,000 into about 400!

Well, no matter, we don't get all our chips in at this stage in a deepie, unless we are bonkers, or calling with the absolutes, so I decided to Pass. But my Mouse Finger thought different, & Called.

He turned over 2-3!

I had done a quick "what can he have" think, & I thought 2-3 was a no-no. Wrong!

My own fault, should never have Called really.
  • edited October 2009
    hi all, i playedthe 22 last night for the first time in ages, and although was small, it was an interesting game. it didnt feel clicky and the likes of phil and mackem made me feel quite welcome(either that or they just wanted me money!!),  came 8th after a couple of hrs( to a very dubious call i might add, 80% of his stack on a straight flush draw). but was a good night. quality play by quality players, no mad b u g g e r s calling with air.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: TIKAY WAS I RIGHT OR WRONG? : Hi TiKay, Are Sky offering the guarantee in the hope that enough players sign up so they don't have to pay some of it out? If enough players don't turn up on a regular basis the tournament will be removed? In other words the guarantee is only there to tempt players in so the guarantee isn't used. This seems a little disingenuous. If they set up a guaranteed tournament, they shouldn't moan if some part of that guarantee has to be spent. All the best
    Posted by Sherlock
    Well, yes, that's why Guarantees are offered - to make a bigger Prize Pool, to tempt players in. It's not disingenuous in the least - it's how Poker Prize Pool Guarantees work, Live & Online, the world over.

So if a Guarantee is offered, & it fails to cover - giving "Overlay" - then they'll persevere for a while, but eventually, having seen that the the numbers are not adding up, they will reduce the Guarantee. Every Online Room on the planet does the same. Except the ones who go insolvent by giving away free money for ever.

There is a Pool of money to cover Guarantees, & there are always some Tourneys that don't cover the Guarantee, every week. The Guarantees stay in place for  while, but if they repeatedly fail to attract the Players, then they get reduced, or the Tourney scrapped. The Money is then used to offer Guarantees on other Tourneys.

That's what Guarantees are for.

This week, they took a monsta gamble & upped the Guarantees in all 7 of the Main Events by 25%. So far, the gamble has paid off, they all "covered". But if tonight's £12,500 Guaranteed Main fails to cover by, say, £3,000 (& it might!), the money will be paid out, obviously, but they will reduce the Guarantee next week. What would be the point in giving away that £3,000 every week? The Players might like it, but it's not a sustainable model.

So if the 7.30 Deepie repeatedly, after 4 months, fails to hit it's Guarantees, theres another guarantee - they will reduce the Guarantee. Guaranteed!

I don't mean this in a rude, or cheeky way, but why would they do otherwise? Am I missing your point somewhere?
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: TIKAY WAS I RIGHT OR WRONG? : Hi TiKay, Are Sky offering the guarantee in the hope that enough players sign up so they don't have to pay some of it out? If enough players don't turn up on a regular basis the tournament will be removed? In other words the guarantee is only there to tempt players in so the guarantee isn't used. This seems a little disingenuous. If they set up a guaranteed tournament, they shouldn't moan if some part of that guarantee has to be spent. All the best
    Posted by Sherlock
    They would not moan - they'd just reduce it!

It means they misjudged the demand, so they would correct their assumptions & offer a more realistic Guarantee. One that....

a) Attracted more players, &....

b) Covered the Guarantee more times than not.

Offering Overlay is giving away money.
  • edited October 2009
    Surely as long as it hits 15 runners or more MOST nights then the tournie is safe, as the combined entry fees of when it gets 18-22 runners will pay for the odd night when it gets 13-14???

Poker players love overlay so its not something that happens often