You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Logic to explain to those who say this site is fixed.

edited December 2011 in Area 51

It's either...

(A) the site is fixed

or

(B) you are paranoid

it is defo one or the other. 

mind you, the more you assert that it is "A" the more certain that it is "B".

Comments

• edited December 2011
    In Response to Logic to explain to those who say this site is fixed.:
    It's either... (A) the site is fixed or (B) you are paranoid it is defo one or the other.  mind you, the more you assert that it is "A" the more certain that it is " B" .    
    Posted by aussie09
    Its rigged. Do you still think the earth is flat?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Logic to explain to those who say this site is fixed.:
    In Response to Logic to explain to those who say this site is fixed. : Its rigged. Do you still think the earth is flat?
    Posted by Seagull158

quod erat demonstrandum

• edited December 2011
    Rigged to **** you smug ****
    Tuddy16 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £2.82
    FOLD2TH66 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £0.73
    weyman07 Big blind  £0.04 £0.10 £1.56
      Your hole cards

kerry9 All-in  £1.21 £1.31 £0.00
    tubertini Fold     
    weyman07 Fold     
    Seagull158 Call  £1.21 £2.52 £1.17
    Tuddy16 Fold     
    FOLD2TH66 Fold     
    kerry9 Show

Seagull158 Show

Flop

• A

Turn

River

kerry9 Win Two Pairs, 10s and 7s £2.33  £2.33
  • edited December 2011
    2 hands later still rigged to ****
    kerry9 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £2.27
    tubertini Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £5.16
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • A

weyman07 Fold     
    Seagull158 All-in  £1.37 £1.43 £0.00
    Tuddy16 Fold     
    FOLD2TH66 Fold     
    kerry9 Call  £1.35 £2.78 £0.92
    tubertini Fold     
    kerry9 Show

Seagull158 Show
    • J
    • A

Flop

• K

Turn

River

• Q

kerry9 Win Three 6s £2.57  £3.49
  • edited December 2011
    You flat earthers make me v***t
  • edited December 2011
    Buy the book called The Mental Game Of Poker.

• edited December 2011
    WELL I JUST LOST WITH KK V AA IN THE 3K BH SAT,THE GUY DID RERAISE BUT I GUESSED HE HAD AA.HAD ANOTHER GO IN ONE LATER AND BIG STACK GO,S ALL IN,I HAVE QQ. QQV A 10.1ST CARD OUT IS ACE,I ,M OUT AGAIN, BUT THATS JUST MY LUCK.BUT SOMEDAYS I,VE SMASHED KK WITH A RAG ACE,WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND LOL.KEEP TRYING.GL
  • edited December 2011
    It's either... (A) the site is fixed or (B) you are paranoid it is defo one or the other.  mind you, the more you assert that it is "A" the more certain that it is " B" .    
    Posted by aussie09
    hahahaha Love this post!!!!

So Truuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu !!!
  • edited December 2011
    Posted by aussie09
    Fair point indeed

but what about option..........................

(c)

Which is you actually have NO PROOF whatsoever either way.

Not a dig or anything BUT just an observation ;)) xx
  • edited December 2011
    Posted by aussie09
    Or, Its not fixed some people are paranoid, some people are not paranoid cos the rng isnt perfect.

Its just like fruit machines some people make money from the machines imperfection without paranoia
  • edited December 2011
    i keep saying this but its true when we win its the best site ever we love it when we lose its the worst site ever we think its fixed thats a FACT :)  if people do think its fixed are they dumb or what why play on this site does make me wonder 
  • edited December 2011
    i keep saying this but its true when we win its the best site ever we love it when we lose its the worst site ever we think its fixed thats a FACT :)  if people do think its fixed are they dumb or what why play on this site does make me wonder 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Big +1 to this as its soooooooooooooo true , but there is no way anyone at all can prove it with data either way.

So if people wanna say its FIXED then i say prove it then.

If people say its NOT FIXED i say prove it then.

In the meantime im gonna play some pokerz ;))
  • edited December 2011
    Posted by aussie09
    prove its not fixed
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Logic to explain to those who say this site is fixed. : hahahaha Love this post!!!! So Truuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu !!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    prove its not fixed
  • edited December 2011
    Got to say I think your post is a tad naive aussie.  You were the first person to respond to the first post i ever made.  Its easy to be derogative about peoples perception of the subject matter. 

I dont claim to know either way.  I do see things that I'm not comfortable with.  But there are parrellells with live, which is my prefferred format.

I have to agree with something grantorino said a while back.  That we can play but we have to have a level of reasonable skepticism.  We arent dealing with a corprate entity that is beyond reproach, nor an industry that is beyond reproach, far from it infact.  So to cast people in polar opposites as believers and paranoids in midly offensive.

I do think that if people firmly believe that online is rigged they should let their feet do the talking, rather than wallow in frustration. 

But it must be nice for the industry to have people so eager to sow the propagands. 

I'll be honest and say that I find something amiss with online.  Based upon being a live semi pro.  Does this make me paranoid?  I am simply putting to use my knowledge and experience of the live game in parrellel to online.

I totally concede there are elements to the formats that are hugely different, causing huge differences in experiences.  But I think its massively unfair to apply such blanket perceptions as "Believer or Paranoid".

• edited December 2011
    SKY control everything.gl all
  • edited December 2011
    SKY control everything.gl all
    Posted by martin111
    Absolute rubbish! The Reptilians control everything.

• edited December 2011

It is only fixed for some of the people, some of the time, in some of the games, on some of the tables.

Hope you are enjoying your TSP Rob! Is one of the conditions of being a member to come on here belittling folk?

.....soz DOH & Daveyzz, it doesn't work the other way round!!
  • edited December 2011
    It is only fixed for some of the people, some of the time, in some of the games, on some of the tables. Hope you are enjoying your TSP Rob! Is one of the conditions of being a member to come on here belittling folk? .....soz DOH & Daveyzz, it doesn't work the other way round!!
    Posted by MAXALLY
    fml they rly need to sort their T&C's out ! :(
  • edited December 2011
    It is only fixed for some of the people, some of the time, in some of the games, on some of the tables. Hope you are enjoying your TSP Rob! Is one of the conditions of being a member to come on here belittling folk? .....soz DOH & Daveyzz, it doesn't work the other way round!!
    Posted by MAXALLY
    gosh alan.

• edited December 2011
    You flat earthers make me v***t
    Posted by Seagull158
    Of course it isn't fixed!
    Unless you think Sky know that the person in the 2 hands you posted "kerry9" is going to shove with junk that most people would muck pre flop even at nl4? And that you will call or go allin yourself? They were just enjoying themselves and got very lucky. See tehm another night and you'll stack them.

Of course "kerry9" could be a skybot!!!! but even then how would thay know you'd call with 44?

Good luck at the tables
  • edited December 2011
    Cmon, if everyone was honest this site does throw out hands that are not the norm, fact a mundo...........

• edited December 2011
    how about - it's not intentionally fixed, it's just that the skypoker computer programmers are sh it!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Logic to explain to those who say this site is fixed. : Of course it isn't fixed! Unless you think Sky know that the person in the 2 hands you posted "kerry9" is going to shove with junk that most people would muck pre flop even at nl4? And that you will call or go allin yourself? They were just enjoying themselves and got very lucky. See tehm another night and you'll stack them. Of course "kerry9" could be a skybot!!!! but even then how would thay know you'd call with 44? Good luck at the tables
    Posted by walesboy
    I agree, but what if by some insane theory the people who initially wrote the skypoker rng programme were cr ap at their job and the rng isnt that rng, but a more predictable rng? Everyone knows other people in their jobs who are sh it, even surgeons lol, so its not beyond the realms of probability that the skypoker programmers are not the best of the best and in fact the rng can have faults! But they would never admit that would they?
  • edited December 2011
    hehe nice to see A51 still going strong. not fixed people. get a grip
  • edited December 2011
    Cmon, if everyone was honest this site does throw out hands that are not the norm, fact a mundo...........   
    Posted by chris1963

Can you, or anyone else, explain why so many professional players play here then, and never complain?

You notice 99% of people who share your opinion are losing players? 

Is that a co-incidence?

They use the same rng for £2.50/£5 games as they do for 30p dyms, and everything else inbetween. 

• edited December 2011
    I
    n Response to Logic to explain to those who say this site is fixed.:
    Posted by aussie09
    Logic to explain site is not fixed

(a) the site is not fixed

(b) You beleive everything sky tell you

The more you assert it is "A" the more certain it is "B"

Using logic wrongly is fuuuuun
  • edited December 2011
    Posted by chris1963
    The flat earthers will never concede that fact, just like the Met Police and the NOTW 4 years ago.
  • edited December 2011
    hehe nice to see A51 still going strong. not fixed people. get a grip
    Posted by tapeworm
    Another smug ****
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Logic to explain to those who say this site is fixed. : Can you, or anyone else, explain why so many professional players play here then, and never complain? You notice 99% of people who share your opinion are losing players?  Is that a co-incidence? They use the same rng for £2.50/£5 games as they do for 30p dyms, and everything else inbetween. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Completely fictitious statistic and demonstrably untrue based on many previous threads on this topic.