You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

3.30 mini BH...

edited January 2012 in The Poker Clinic
I luvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv 67 sooted soooooooooooooooooo much

I shoulda shoved pre tbh but same result anyway

Also what info do you want from anyone ?? is it your shove pre ??

Comments

• edited January 2012

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    GixerGuy Small blind  300.00 300.00 5607.50
    SirLaws Big blind  600.00 900.00 22292.50
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • J

JARON Fold     
    XCall  600.00 1500.00 8153.75
    debdobs_67 Call  600.00 2100.00 4790.00
    GREGHOGG All-in  12835.00 14935.00 0.00
    GixerGuy Fold     
    SirLaws Fold     
    XFold     
    debdobs_67 All-in  4790.00 19725.00 0.00
    GREGHOGG Unmatched bet  7445.00 12280.00 7445.00
    Questions

1. Is my ship gonna be profitable longterm? Lots on sky are risk adverse, im not these days lol
    2. what is debdobs' limp calling range? :)

reads.. inital limper is not trapping imo, he plays strong hands agro (range is prob small pps and hands like 109s, j10s, KQ...

Debdobs, no idea what her range is! but it's Debdobs

The blinds hae been fairly quiet
  • edited January 2012
    Also i was more deep and better stacked in the 8.05 bh and ended up on final table (finished 6th) so tbh i didnt give a rats @rse whether i went out or not in this ;)
  • edited January 2012
    I'm in favour of a shove here, but my record in sky tournys is also kak.

I've no idea what debs range is he, the only hands that could make sense r monsters, like QQ/KK/AA and shes looking for a squeeze behind for a "trebble up or bust"?

So I guess using that logic it must be an optimistic shove?

I'm guessing she had u dominated n that's why u posted it?

• edited January 2012
    WP played it perfect sir

• edited January 2012
    What else you gonna do with AJ otb after two limps, FOLD !!? lol
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: 3.30 mini BH...:
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    you lol, but some would flat and some would make a small raise, some ultra nits would actually fold on this site!

Im more interested in debdobs' calling range tbh :))
  • edited January 2012
    Well if i had 2 limpers and (debdobs in the sb) then i would prob shove in ure spot , as i said i was willing to stack off here and tbh i shoulda shoved pre , but hey ho thats how it goes sumtimes , oh and wp ;)
  • edited January 2012
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    doesn't this depend on what range we assign debs tho?

if it was an unknown limper then yea shove. 

but debs knows what she's doing & her limp is 1 of three things....

a) a misclick

b) a monster hand

c) a mistake by her.

I think b is more likely than a & probably more likely than c too....

wat range r u giving her? 

(also got the utg limper to consider but the shorty limp behind looks alot stronger imo)
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: 3.30 mini BH... : doesn't this depend on what range we assign debs tho? if it was an unknown limper then yea shove.  but debs knows what she's doing & her limp is 1 of three things.... a) a misclick b) a monster hand c) a mistake by her. I think b is more likely than a & probably more likely than c too.... wat range r u giving her?  (also got the utg limper to consider but the shorty limp behind looks alot stronger imo)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    really??? love u debs :) x

can put her on pp and suited connectors, possibly AQ/A10 A suited & KQ/KJ Suited. I dont think its that big a mistake her calling behind initial limper fwiw 

I gurantee with any hands debs limps with here she is not a calling a shove in this spot(lol at this part) 

edit although i would agree with her range soo tired so missed her stack and she called, very bad debs! u should be shoving if your going to call a shove
  • edited January 2012
    Open limp with monsters yes, but after a short stack has already limped it doesn't make sense surely it's an easy shove knowing the shorty can't realistacally limp/fold.

Option C Dohhh.
  • edited January 2012
    Well not really knowing how debdobs plays , sumtimes spewy / badly and on occasions well , i would in gregs situation just fold the bb ;)

@dudeskin yeah i go with option (c) as well
  • edited January 2012
    Greg shove is fine, I usually prefer 3b/c though just in case BB wakes up with a hand, depends how he plays though

As for debs range, I havent really played her, but I would think you do ok against most players here and given you get so many folds its fine. I do think its a pretty good spot for debs to flat KK+ though, but that wont usually be her range
  • edited January 2012
  • edited January 2012
    ok, im gonna come clean here.

I knew my ship was standard... but thanks anyway for your comments...

I just found debdobs limp call from an 8 bb stack interesting, thats all! next time she will hae AA tho!
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    GixerGuy Small blind  300.00 300.00 5607.50
    SirLaws Big blind  600.00 900.00 22292.50
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • J

JARON Fold     
    xCall  600.00 1500.00 8153.75
    debdobs_67 Call  600.00 2100.00 4790.00
    GREGHOGG All-in  12835.00 14935.00 0.00
    GixerGuy Fold     
    SirLaws Fold     
    xFold     
    debdobs_67 All-in  4790.00 19725.00 0.00
    GREGHOGG Unmatched bet  7445.00 12280.00 7445.00
    debdobs_67 Show

GREGHOGG Show
    • A
    • J

Flop

• Q
    • A

Turn

• Q

River

GREGHOGG Win Two Pairs, Aces and Queens 12280.00  19725.00
  • edited January 2012
    Next time i prob do ;)

In all honestly greg i played it awful and you played it very well

As i said hey ho thats poker innit ??
  • edited January 2012
    Lolz at this comment from another thread.....

tbf dudeskin i think never plays b/h so obv has no idea whatsoever how to play them , which prob also means he shouldnt make a judgement on a thread such as this as well.
  • edited January 2012
    Lolz at this comment from another thread..... tbf dudeskin i think never plays b/h so obv has no idea whatsoever how to play them , which prob also means he shouldnt make a judgement on a thread such as this as well.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Very true , on this occasion , if ya read earlier post then i did state i didnt really care in this game as i was doin far better and obv playin better in the other b/h in which i finished 6th/273

Also my statement on other thread is in fact true , just cos i made a bad play in this hand dont mean i dont know or have no experience how to play them.
  • edited January 2012
    If you 'didn't care' why wouldn't you just shove as that seems a quicker way to lose, simply limping in is just bizzare.....
  • edited January 2012
    Debs I'm sure you are good enough to play 2 tables @ once. even if you do give the other 1 priority.

You're quite deep here too (300/600 must be at least 2 hours worth of play?)....

Although your short, that can change really quickly with these blinds & u can't be far off the money. Seems a shame & unneccessary to chuck it all away?
  • edited January 2012
    Exactly, one double with original stack gives 18bbs which is massive at this blind level
  • edited January 2012
    Debs I'm sure you are good enough to play 2 tables @ once. even if you do give the other 1 priority. You're quite deep here too (300/600 must be at least 2 hours worth of play?).... Although your short, that can change really quickly with these blinds & u can't be far off the money. Seems a shame & unneccessary to chuck it all away?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Ofc ure 100% correct BUT im pretty sure most if not all players have on occasion felt the same way , and yes shove pre i would prob do 99% of the time as that would be the correct play.

Show me a player that aint played bad/tilted or just didnt care in an event in their poker career and i will show you a liar ;)
  • edited January 2012
    Tilting here would be shoving imo (but not a bad play if you think you have fold equity), limping is just weird lol
  • edited January 2012
    Tilting here would be shoving imo (but not a bad play if you think you have fold equity), limping is just weird lol
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Ok fair enough tbh i wasnt the starter of this thread so i wasnt lookin for any advice , you are obv a pro player who has never made any mistakes in their entire poker career so far , so credit where its due , wp and gl
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: 3.30 mini BH... : Ok fair enough tbh i wasnt the starter of this thread so i wasnt lookin for any advice , you are obv a pro player who has never made any mistakes in their entire poker career so far , so credit where its due , wp and gl
    Posted by debdobs_67
    lololololol

Lets have a HU hyper challenge, Debs v Dude?

Nothing serious, maybe best of 9 @ $£1, if u both agree to it, I'll ship a few bob over to the winners choice of charity.

U both up for it? We can do it whenever, tonight if u're both around? after DTD???
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: 3.30 mini BH... : lololololol Lets have a HU hyper challenge, Debs v Dude? Nothing serious, maybe best of 9 @ $£1, if u both agree to it, I'll ship a few bob over to the winners choice of charity. U both up for it? We can do it whenever, tonight if u're both around? after DTD???
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Dont think this would be a fair game tbh , dudes havin to post pretty reg on how to play these aint he ??
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: 3.30 mini BH... : lololololol Lets have a HU hyper challenge, Debs v Dude? Nothing serious, maybe best of 9 @ $£1, if u both agree to it, I'll ship a few bob over to the winners choice of charity. U both up for it? We can do it whenever, tonight if u're both around? after DTD???
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Hmm this sounds interesting, my only ammendment would be to change it to normal HU SnG's so 10 min blind levels, this way skill should prevail as most hypers are just a shove fest after Level 3/4. Best of say 3 or 5 seems good.
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: 3.30 mini BH... : Hmm this sounds interesting, my only ammendment would be to change it to normal HU SnG's so 10 min blind levels, this way skill should prevail as most hypers are just a shove fest after Level 3/4. Best of say 3 or 5 seems good.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    If ure serious then we play a game where SKILL will be a factor , the only game i can think of is h/u cash , 10/20p or 15/30p

Im sure this is well within ure bankroll to do this so its up to you if ya wanna or not.

A weekend would be a convenient time as well as it prob dont affect any weekday tournys that we are regs in
  • edited January 2012
    LOL, oh Debs you are such a tease. :D

However much I'd love to play you HU at NL20/30 it is slightly outside of my BR so I would be playing with 'scared money' and that wouldn't really be fair to me.

I think standard £1 HU SnG's would be adequate to see once and for all who is the best. ;)

Oh and yes this weekend coming up would be fine. 
  • edited January 2012
    Ure rolled for 10p/20p

Dont make excuses
  • edited January 2012
    Yes 22x BI's lol.

Also add in the fact I ain't played 'cash' poker properly for about 2 months and NEVER played HU cash and you can see where the problem is....