You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The System Is Back!!

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
Ok guys i have brought back the system to try and get my bankroll up to the £100 mark again, i have mainly done this because it helps me keep out of vegas and also it was a huge success last time, it could turn out to be a bit of a damp squib but here's hoping!!

my starting bank is only £10 so i'm gonna need to play my very best stuff from the start and hitting the £5.50 DYM straight away, wish me luck guys i'm gonna need it!!!

new balance £4.50

Comments

• edited November 2009
    If you're gonna use the 55% BRM rule, then you mays well save yourself some time and just go back to Sky Vegas tbf
  • edited November 2009
    Good luck webby!! hope you do it!!
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: The System Is Back!!:
    If you're gonna use the 55% BRM rule, then you mays well save yourself some time and just go back to Sky Vegas tbf
    Posted by scotty77
    lol the ol' 55% BRM rule

+1
  • edited November 2009
    i know what your saying lads but come on its a tenner, i'm not one of those thats gonna sit at these £1.15 DYM, and this is how i attacked the tables last time on the system so i think i'm gonna stick to the plan.

cheers
  • edited November 2009
  • edited November 2009
    well if you can afford to keep putting money into your account, then yeah it is only a tenner.

if you however cant deposit after you lose its your whole BR.
  • edited November 2009
    i cant afford to keep losing money on here no but i can afford to lose a tenner, i hopefully gonna make it last a few days and build it up, if not i have got my cash for points bonus 2moro ;-)
  • edited November 2009
    Good luck Webby.  I know exactly what you mean about avoiding those Vegas games, at least putting the money in a poker games means you are using your own skills not relying on the slot machine hitting the right spin.
  • edited November 2009
    Go get 'em Webby
  • edited November 2009
  • edited November 2009
    Go To Vegas, Stick it on black then come back and start your BR challange lol

Good luck with it Webby
  • edited November 2009
    your  starting  ten   quid    webby    going   stright  in  to  5  .50  dym    to  high   m8   u  loose  2     and  your  broke
  • edited November 2009
    well i successfully doubled up in my first DYM finishing in 2nd place also just received my cash for points bonus of £15 so added on to my starting balance and i have just entered another £5.50 DYM my new balance is a whopping £24
  • edited November 2009
    Hi webby, i love these little challenges.

after having a few drinks and playing a juicy home game last fri, i accepted a £100 bet that i could turn £30 into £1000 within 1 month.

I usually play medium/high stakes, but obv had to start from scratch with this challenge!

So saturday i started the grind, playin £5 heads up tourneys, £10 DYM and then £10 heads up tourneys and by the end of the day i had £100.

Then sunday night i entered the primo with £30 ish ov my £100 seperate bankroll. (obviously i have completely disregarded any bankroll management rules to try to complete this challenge.)

Any how i somehow came second for a tad under 3k!! 

So my challenge is complete and i have a lovely £100 pounds of my cocky friends money who felt it would be impossible!!

I had planned to show my progress on the forum with everyone as i think they are good reads, but as i have already done it theres no point now!

Good luck with your challenge, if you can afford to lose an ayrton senna then who cares!! 
  • edited November 2009

bad news in the DYM, after making a rasie 3x bb with 55 i then folded to re raise all in and got left with about 9 BB, maybe i should have called but i folded after serious consideration, need to adapt to the looser style of play from what i normally play, i wouldnt think there would be much difference from the £11 to the £5.50 but there really is, anyway regsitered fro another £5.50 DYM

new balance is 18.50

• edited November 2009
    gl mate,DYM isnt very difficult tbh.
  • edited November 2009
    gl mate,DYM isnt very difficult tbh.
    Posted by namesb0nd
    WOW!!! get your sen on the £55 tables if its that easy lol

anyway doubled up in my last one and just entered another so new balance is £23

ps: thanks 35suited for gl wishes, cant reply on chat as i was a naughty boy and got chat banned
  • edited November 2009
    the higher u go up in DYM the harder it is!! the small tables is like a car crash sometimes. but a good player will double up 9 times out of 10 on those tables, the 55 dym is so much harder! i played in 1 of those 4 times in quick succession with a really good player (shall remain nameless) who failed every time to double up. i doubled up 3 out of the 4 which in that level is a result!
  • edited November 2009
    well i doubled up in the last one so new balance is £33 but gonna register for another £5.50 so balance will become £27.50

also very frustrated with certain player called fulham 2202, thank god i had a chat ban because i would have probably got a 12 month ban!!
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: The System Is Back!! : WOW!!! get your sen on the £55 tables if its that easy lol anyway doubled up in my last one and just entered another so new balance is £23 ps: thanks 35suited for gl wishes, cant reply on chat as i was a naughty boy and got chat banned
    Posted by webby234
    Your Welcome, I noticed you had the chat ban soon as I typed it in so np there 
  • edited November 2009
    well my kk just got cracked by 55 so i'm taking a break and also i am fuming at the minute because of what happened on my table before. and also this is the only forum in the world where you cant mention another players name or it gets removed, i then get told to go to live chat and sort it out there but i go to live chat and this is what happens

17:12:42 http://media.skybet.com/chat/poker/poker_nocb_v2.html
     17:12:42 Thanks for contacting Sky Poker Chat. An advisor will be with you shortly.........
     17:12:47 Sorry to keep you waiting, we'll be with you shortly
     17:12:57 Whilst you wait, we'd like to let you know that we've got over 80 fantastic games on SkyVegas.com - and you can log in to play using your existing Sky Poker User ID and PIN!
     17:13:07 We are experiencing a high level of contacts. Please bear with us and we will get to you as soon as possible.
     17:13:37 We apologise for the delay. For forgotten PIN please call 08000 725181
     17:14:37 Thank you for your patience, we will deal with your query as soon as possible.
     17:15:17 We're very sorry that we've kept you waiting for so long. If you continue to hold, we'll be with you as soon as we can.
     17:15:57 Thanks for your patience, we'll deal with your query shortly.
     17:16:48 Please accept our apologies for the length of time it's taken to get to you.
     17:17:33 Eugene has joined this session!
     17:17:33 Connected with Eugene
     17:17:33 Hi paul webster, my name's Eugene. How can I help you today?
     17:17:38 hello can you look over recent game i played i believe a player called ******* was cheating to help another player(the one who was sat away)
     17:19:59 hello can you look over recent game i played i believe a player called ******* was cheating to help another player(the one who was sat away)
     17:21:24 Can I take your User ID please?
     17:21:34 webby234
     17:29:01 hello

and people wonder why i post it on the forums
  • edited November 2009
    after my little rest, i am back and just entered £11 DYM

new balance £16.50
  • edited November 2009

GL WEBBY , REALLY ENJOY FOLLOWING THIS THREAD .
  • edited November 2009
    good luck webby!!!!! followed your last system post and it was great!!!! will be following this one too!!!!!
  • edited November 2009
    thanks guys, currently in the middle of my £11 DYM and i must say its such a good table that i do feel a little bit worried about doubling up here, still 6 players left and some really good play, lets hope they get loose lol
  • edited November 2009
    thanks guys, currently in the middle of my £11 DYM and i must say its such a good table that i do feel a little bit worried about doubling up here, still 6 players left and some really good play, lets hope they get loose lol
    Posted by webby234
    it sounds like you should get loose then on a table like that
  • edited November 2009
    i played it very tight scotty, and managed to finish 3rd without ever being in any kind of danger, only won 2 hands and had around 2500 chips but it got the job done thankfully, new balance £36.50 just entered another £11 DYM and this will be my last because i have got to go play a pool match but i will be back on around half past 10, new balance £25.50
  • edited November 2009
    i played it very tight scotty, and managed to finish 3rd without ever being in any kind of danger, only won 2 hands and had around 2500 chips but it got the job done thankfully, new balance £36.50 just entered another £11 DYM and this will be my last because i have got to go play a pool match but i will be back on around half past 10, new balance £25.50
    Posted by webby234
    Doing good there Webby, just remember not to spend it all at the bar:)
  • edited November 2009
    ouch!! ran my 66 into 77 on a 8 high flop, thought i was good and was not expecting him to flip over 77, gutted about that one!

will be back later guys, gl at the tables in the meantime
  • edited November 2009

really sorry to report guys but a minor accident on the football as left my bankroll at just £11.20, just entered a £11 DYM so balance is £0.20 lol