You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

very upset with player!

just played a DYM and with 4 players left, well 3 really cos 1 player was sat away all tournament, so i'm thinking guaranteed another double up, just thinking lets blind out the player whos away and we all double up but a player called XXX wouldnt raise over the player who was away, he would flat call and then check it down to the river and player who was away kept collecting the chips, chip leader had 8,000 and other player had same as me but with the way XXX was playing he wanted to save player who was away and both me and other player ended up all in and very luckily i survived thanks to a river card and other player also survived, but this should not happen, he was deliberatly just passing him chips, people will probably say i shouldnt name him but why not, if hes willing to do this on a poker table, then he deserves to be punished! going to customer service to report him now but not sure what to say, is it cheating?

Comments

• edited November 2009

It has happened to me couple of times but you cant prove its chip dumping.  1 player doing it told me he expected the other player to jump in and why should he risk any of his stack needlessly.

• edited November 2009
    webby you should certainly not be naming the player in your posts. i have removed the name. please refrain from naming other players within the forum and use the correct channels (customer care) when reporting collusion.

thank you.
  • edited November 2009
    Does this even count as collusion? Don't get mr wrong, plain common sense says the big stack should raise every hand, but if he doesn't want to, and just wants to guarantee his own spot in the top 3 by not playing a hand, then surely he doesn't have to?
  • edited November 2009
    hes not cheating..
  • edited November 2009
    no thats not cheating
  • edited November 2009
    if he's passing chips and deliberatly playing soft to save the other player then yes, it is cheating. if he's doing it because he doesn't know to raise then he's just daft and if he is doing it to wind people up then he's a w............. wait i better not lol
  • edited November 2009
    hes not cheating,

your own fault for getting yourself in that position.
  • edited November 2009
    i no ure peeved off ,i did a thread on this a couple o weeks ago ,my,n wa £50 gtd 4 of us left andthe same happend to me .  , in my case i think it was two m8s and he wouldnt go against him 0r if he did he would fold at the river , i no what ure saying go to customer support and let them look at it , but what happens if ure right , what happens to them , slap on the wrist as a verbal warning
  • edited November 2009
    its not cheating,the player does not have to raise if he does not want to.
    it may be the case that the player had connection problems,
    i got heads up in a 4k tourny once and the guy got sat out,so i folded his blinds for 10 mins incase he got back on(he didnt)
  • edited November 2009
    dont think it is cheating but very annoying, have a word with him in the chat box, just let him know that the guys away and any bet wins it for him
  • edited November 2009
    I would have been annoyed at the above scenario. On the subject of DYM....please take note....from now on I will not be playing strategically when chip leader with 4 players left....too many others do not understand it and it is costing me money...so dont call me a donk etc when I raise on the turn with the small stack allin....too many times now it doesn't get checked down and another player bets on the river and I have to fold!
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: very upset with player!:
    dont think it is cheating but very annoying, have a word with him in the chat box, just let him know that the guys away and any bet wins it for him
    Posted by Hogg321
    If you do that you are colluding against the player who is away and deserve to be penalised. The guy who is away from the table has rights too, you know.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: very upset with player! : If you do that you are colluding against the player who is away and deserve to be penalised. The guy who is away from the table has rights too, you know.
    Posted by paddytrini

Oh come on! The player that is away has no rights.  Yes they have paid but their absence spoils the game and prolongs the outcome. Surely it is better for the players participating in the game to finish it quickly.

• edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: very upset with player! : If you do that you are colluding against the player who is away and deserve to be penalised. The guy who is away from the table has rights too, you know.
    Posted by paddytrini

Oh come on! The player that is away has no rights.  Yes they have paid but their absence spoils the game and prolongs the outcome. Surely it is better for the players participating in the game to finish it quickly.

• edited November 2009
    MMMMMM ---very interesting  sky poker announcement-- glad I did'nt miss it!!!!
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: very upset with player! : Oh come on! The player that is away has no rights.  Yes they have paid but their absence spoils the game and prolongs the outcome. Surely it is better for the players participating in the game to finish it quickly.
    Posted by Rattious
    To verbally tell another person to bet, in whatever circumstances, is, in any circumstances, collusion. One rule of poker is 1 personper hand. To influence another players dwcision in any way, shape or form is cheating, full stop.
  • edited November 2009
    "To verbally tell another person to bet, in whatever circumstances, is, in any circumstances"

too many circumstances for my liking
  • edited November 2009
    "To verbally tell another person to bet, in whatever circumstances, is, in any circumstances" too many circumstances for my liking
    Posted by oynutter
    Well, whatever way you put it, in whatever circumstances, I'm still right.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: very upset with player! : Well, whatever way you put it, in whatever circumstances, I'm still right.
    Posted by paddytrini
    Think the issue was that the CL was SB to the absent player's BB and didnt raise him, he called and checked to the showdown everytime and in some cases donated chips to an absent player.  This wouldnt happen live and online, if one player tells another that a third is missing its just stating the obvious, it's not collusion. So I dont think you are right in these circumstances.

• edited November 2009
    "To verbally tell another person to bet, in whatever circumstances, is, in any circumstances" too many circumstances for my liking
    Posted by oynutter

You can have that... A circumstance of Colins ;-)
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: very upset with player! : Oh come on! The player that is away has no rights.  Yes they have paid but their absence spoils the game and prolongs the outcome. Surely it is better for the players participating in the game to finish it quickly.
    Posted by Rattious
    Actually, all players in any game (whether they are away or not) have equal rights, so although it is absolutely fine to steal his blinds while he is away (that's part of the game and within the rules), it's absolutely wrong to suggest this to any other players in the game (that's collusion and against the rules).
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: very upset with player! : Think the issue was that the CL was SB to the absent player's BB and didnt raise him, he called and checked to the showdown everytime and in some cases donated chips to an absent player.  This wouldnt happen live and online, if one player tells another that a third is missing its just stating the obvious, it's not collusion. So I dont think you are right in these circumstances.
    Posted by Rattious
    You cannot point out to another player how to act in any circumstances against another player, this is blatantly cheating.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: very upset with player! : You cannot point out to another player how to act in any circumstances against another player, this is blatantly cheating.
    Posted by JingleMa
    Trouble is to many players dont see it as cheating as it is online and dont get taken to task
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: very upset with player! : Trouble is to many players dont see it as cheating as it is online and dont get taken to task
    Posted by Torryladd
    Which is why it's so important to report it when it does happen
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: very upset with player! : Which is why it's so important to report it when it does happen
    Posted by JingleMa

Sorry I think there are crossed wires here. Webby's post was that he thought the CL was acting to save the the absent player and was in fact doing so deliberately as they didnt raise the blinds in a DYM game with 4 players left and only one to go out the two live players defered to the chip leader letting him steal the blinds uncontested - but he didnt he called and then lost chips to an absent player by checking it down!

I understand the arguement and you seem to be having a different one!
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: very upset with player! : You cannot point out to another player how to act in any circumstances against another player, this is blatantly cheating.
    Posted by JingleMa

Nobody infact cheated as far as I can tell. I have reread all the posts and there is an assumption that something underhand happened.

This needs a definitive and clear answer.... Can I call a "friend"?
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: very upset with player! : Sorry I think there are crossed wires here. Webby's post was that he thought the CL was acting to save the the absent player and was in fact doing so deliberately as they didnt raise the blinds in a DYM game with 4 players left and only one to go out the two live players defered to the chip leader letting him steal the blinds uncontested - but he didnt he called and then lost chips to an absent player by checking it down! I understand the arguement and you seem to be having a different one!
    Posted by Rattious
    No, I understand it perfectly, I was merely replying to your earlier posts where you claimed that the away player had no rights and that it would be ok for the other players to tell the chip leader to raise into that player while he was away.
  • edited November 2009
    Sorry I thought I said it was ok to point out to the CL that a player is missing as that should be obvious anyway.

I know you cant tell a player what to do and wouldnt suggest that.

Think we are now arguing a mute point.

• edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: very upset with player! : To verbally tell another person to bet, in whatever circumstances, is, in any circumstances, collusion. One rule of poker is 1 personper hand. To influence another players dwcision in any way, shape or form is cheating, full stop.
    Posted by paddytrini

Ok I didnt say anyone should tell anyone anything.  I suggested it was incumbent on the CL to steal the Blinds not donate to an absent player.

Now is that clear?
  • edited November 2009
    Webby..  Online talk in the 'chat box' telling each other what to do is a definite NO NO !!

However, what is more concerning is  ,  Was this a case of "Double Accounting" ???
    I have no Idea who the players where or what the stakes are in this DYM game , however had I been at that table I would not have liked what was happening either ,  the play seems most irregular and as you have already reported  it to customer care, thats their job to find that if that was the case.
    Problem is how can we prove it, if maybe a player has a 'mains' computer and a 'laptop' logged into the same game ..????  Be careful of 6 seat-er cash games, of any sort on any site...  Check out thread "Who's mugging Who" !!  glk Webby I feel for ya mate