You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

very upset with player!

2»

Comments

• edited November 2009
    benny i didnt tell anybody what to do as i was chat banned lol so not sure who brought that up?
  • edited December 2009
    I've seen novice players checking down or even folding to an away player and have explained in the chat box that an away player will always fold to a raise and i don't see anything wrong with this.

If your not there to protect your chips then there fair game to whoever wants them.

I sometimes don't get back from work in time to play tourneys i've entered and i don't expect people to look after me and keep me in the game so i cash, its my own fault for not being there and if someone was saying bet to the away player to take my chips i'd have no complaints.

• edited December 2009

The Rule of Thumb is this.....

If you are not in the Hand, you should never, ever ever, comment on the hand, or induce players to do one thing or another.
  • edited December 2009
    I have been thinking this over and thats despite warnings that I shouldnt think - anyway....

1.  Webby and the other player expected the massive chip leader to take the blinds from the absent player as they were in position to do so.

2. The CL didnt - for what ever reason

3. The blinds were rising meaning the that everyone bar the CL was under threat

4.  You cant discuss a hand in play (Webby was chat banned anyway!)

The conclusion is you cant rely on anyone to do the common sense thing if its not in their interest.

I think this shows a weakness in the DYM mentality, especially where a table has say regular DYM faces  - they obviously dont collude but they do know each others games and afford each other a lot of respect - there is no need to risk multiplayer pots early on and as such, I think many games become dependent on 1 or 2 players with others becoming passengers waiting for someone else to get them to the cash.  If the CL or CL's dont want to take the onus for this (even when a player is absent) it will make the game difficult for anyone who expected them to take others out....... On that thought I am of to suggest treble your money SNG's in the you say we pay suggestion box!