You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Can we raise river as played?

2»

Comments

• edited January 2012
    Wowzum, last time i read this there was 10 posts.

My heater continued, finishing 3rd in the 2k(g) 90c on 888 for a decent cash then cash has been pretty sweet to.

My thinking was mainly what rancid said.

I could make it 4x in the button but my image is pretty solid, so ppl would likely get out of way, especially as running so blatantly hot.

Opponents will call off super light in this game (it is one of amybr's already described home games).  Rather see a  flop cheap, IP that keeps the blinds in.  Cant really bluff table without mahoosive bets so felt like giving self chance to win max but losing min when flop is barren.

Ty for all the feedback, was sure flatting river was wrong, but you've all made me feel better.  I just didnt get the SB cold call on flop then river lead.  Think he smirks and shows top set a fair bit.
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Can we raise river as played?:
    Wowzum, last time i read this there was 10 posts. My heater continued, finishing 3rd in the 2k(g) 90c on 888 for a decent cash then cash has been pretty sweet to. My thinking was mainly what rancid said. I could make it 4x in the button but my image is pretty solid, so ppl would likely get out of way, especially as running so blatantly hot. Opponents will call off super light in this game (it is one of amybr's already described home games).  Rather see a  flop cheap, IP that keeps the blinds in.  Cant really bluff table without mahoosive bets so felt like giving self chance to win max but losing min when flop is barren. Ty for all the feedback, was sure flatting river was wrong, but you've all made me feel better.  I just didnt get the SB cold call on flop then river lead.  Think he smirks and shows top set a fair bit.
    Posted by ilove2h8pr
    so i guess your just gonna ignore the actual good advice then? (you know the advice some egomaniac spent a chunk of his saturday afternoon doin for ya lol) & im pretty sure rancid was agreein with me lol but whatever....

wow best pick my dummy up lol
  • edited January 2012
    althou limping button is bad its already been discussed at length

imo the biggest mistake by far in this hand, is when ur in a hand vs 2 opponents who will 'call off light' and on a draw heavy board with a hand thats likely to be good a huge % of the time you are betting under half the pot, this is where you miss the most value
  • edited January 2012
    ty.

In honesty I thought when I raised the flop a better K of flush draw would raise me back in this game, so i was in no mans land abit at turn when sb check calls a bet and raise on flop.

So I should have gone 3/4ish pot to make river a no brainer then?

Potattoooooo: Im not ignoring anything, I'm sorry if it seemed that way.  Thankyou for taking the time to go into it in depth.  I'll read thru it properly when I'm a bit more with it.... :)  There was a lot to read and I just wanted to get a quick reply in.  The chance of being 3bet at this table is low so I should likely have opened the button, especially as I wouldnt have lost much with 1pr K hands...I think
  • edited January 2012

where is pod1 when u need him??? perfect time for a group hug :-P